What about mounts?

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

I am sure I am going to get crucified for this but:

I Would like to see mounts added to the game.

1. The artwork is simply amazing. I would love to see the imagination and creativity extend to mounts. I mean in GW1 you got to drive a worm, how epic was that?

2. I know that you can simply use the waypoints to get around which great (don’t get me wrong) but running around and exploring just feel …like I should be doing it up on a trusty steed.

3. The “bling” factor. Getting a nice glowey legendary weapon to adorn your back is says BAD KITTY. So does a hard to get unique mount.

4. Blocking vendors. Considering all you have to do is get close and hit F it shouldnt be a big deal really. You could also avert this by having a “standing still” timer that will auto dismount someone after like a minute.

5. movement speed. It does not need to be a huge buff. There are plenty of abilities that increase movement speed already as it is.

6. Immersion. Its only natural that the inhabitants would use amimals/charr machinery/Asura technology (-cough- CHARR as in.. charr as mounts) as a mode of transportation. They use the other animals to carry heavy goods…but curiously enough not people. The lack of mounts feels seemingly out of place.

I know why you don’t want them in the game but …you know…think it over, change your mind, add them in.

Thank you.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nottix.7864

Nottix.7864

Ground mounts. Maybe…. Not a huge buff or ridiculously huge. It is starting to suck in Orr going from event to event and all the WPs are contested. Never air mounts. That took away so much from wow. They are fun and all, but just starts to skip so much game play so easily. And if everything is getting skipped, then why even add it in the first place?

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Failsociety.4569

Failsociety.4569

I am 100% for Mounts. At level 80.

Edit: 100% Against Mounts in any PvP.

FFXI: 75 Blm Rdm Blu Thf Smn Nin Bst (Retired since Abyssea) FFXIV: 50 War Blm Whm Brd Pld
Loathe WoW and the Community it brings.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

Even if it only gave swiftness while mounted I would love mounts.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

I am 100% for Mounts. At level 80.

Edit: 100% Against Mounts in any PvP.

Wouldn’t mind to see mounts in WvW, but I could live without it if I just get mounts!

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayriuss.8205

Ayriuss.8205

This would not be good for the game for a few reasons.

1. The maps are designed with walking and using WP’s in mind. Waypoints are a very important money sink that prevents inflation. Using mounts would also let people skip over content and ignore dynamic events in the area.

2. No where in the lore or the story or anywhere do we hear anything about mounts other than with asura. A Norn or Charr would never ride a mount while traveling; it just wouldnt happen. Asuras already have golems (yea I know other races can ride in golems but they are huge so…). When people in this game travel on foot, they use a dolyak or other pack animal to carry their belongings and walk beside it.

3. Mounts are obsolete when you can use waypoints and asura gates to get to far places and walk anywhere else.

4. Bling should have no part in this. You already have minipets, weapons, armor, dyes ect. to show off. People that care about the story or immersion at all would not want a huge group of people riding on pink sparkly drakes or whatever everywhere.

5. When you make something like mounts, you force everyone else to use them (regardless if they want to or not) as walking just makes you slower than everyone else.

I dont think it would hurt the game to put something else you can ride in WvW as they already have golems there (something like charr war wagons/tanks) and the areas are so vast and open, but I REALLY hope we never see mounts in the normal areas. I get it that alot of people from WoW loved their mounts but this is a different game.. Its ok if it isnt exactly the same.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dedish.7923

Dedish.7923

This would not be good for the game for a few reasons.

1. The maps are designed with walking and using WP’s in mind. Waypoints are a very important money sink that prevents inflation. Using mounts would also let people skip over content and ignore dynamic events in the area.

2. No where in the lore or the story or anywhere do we hear anything about mounts other than with asura. A Norn or Charr would never ride a mount while traveling; it just wouldnt happen. Asuras already have golems (yea I know other races can ride in golems but they are huge so…). When people in this game travel on foot, they use a dolyak or other pack animal to carry their belongings and walk beside it.

3. Mounts are obsolete when you can use waypoints and asura gates to get to far places and walk anywhere else.

4. Bling should have no part in this. You already have minipets, weapons, armor, dyes ect. to show off. People that care about the story or immersion at all would not want a huge group of people riding on pink sparkly drakes or whatever everywhere.

5. When you make something like mounts, you force everyone else to use them (regardless if they want to or not) as walking just makes you slower than everyone else.

I dont think it would hurt the game to put something else you can ride in WvW as they already have golems there (something like charr war wagons/tanks) and the areas are so vast and open, but I REALLY hope we never see mounts in the normal areas. I get it that alot of people from WoW loved their mounts but this is a different game.. Its ok if it isnt exactly the same.

1. The cost of using way points as you get higher in level is way to high to be practical in any sense.

2. Every culture throughout the course of history has used mounts, yes this is a mmo and fantasy andnot reality but lets be honest a Norn is simply a knock off taken from Vikings or Norsemen…guess what they too used mounts.

3. See number 1

4. From what I have seen mini pets, weapon and armor skins are only available to players of the first GW and as such has no effect or impact on new players and as I stated before kinda not fair. I could care less how many hours you put into a dated previous edition of this game. I showed support the second I bought GW2 and spent over 50 dollars in gems. That = support as well in my opinion and should be rewarded.

5. No one forces anyone to do anything, if you don’t wanna use a mount then don’t. Using your logic why would you even care if anyone else has one? After all you have your over priced way points you seem so fond of.

Life sucks wear a helmet

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

Me personally… I wouldn’t want mounts at all. It is already quick and easy to get around in all the zones. No mounts is a nice time sink. MMO’s need time sinks just as much as they need money sinks in the game.

Most people with mounts would bypass alot of content on purpous. they do it with other MMO’s so why would this one be any different?

No I say walk/run. So it takes you a small amount of time reaching somewhere. No instant gradification. Mounts in my opnion are just not needed, plenty of waypoints. If the one you want is contested… so be it. Go uncontest it.

It’s bad enough people today complain about walking, do they need to do it in a pretend world too?

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Dedish.7923

Me personally… I wouldn’t want mounts at all. It is already quick and easy to get around in all the zones. No mounts is a nice time sink. MMO’s need time sinks just as much as they need money sinks in the game.

Most people with mounts would bypass alot of content on purpous. they do it with other MMO’s so why would this one be any different?

No I say walk/run. So it takes you a small amount of time reaching somewhere. No instant gradification. Mounts in my opnion are just not needed, plenty of waypoints. If the one you want is contested… so be it. Go uncontest it.

It’s bad enough people today complain about walking, do they need to do it in a pretend world too?

So what if people skip content, it’s their game to play how they choose, you can’t force someone to go through all the content. People will skip content with or without mounts if that is what they decide to do.

Life sucks wear a helmet

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Space Cow.2431

Space Cow.2431

+1 for mounts.

Waypoint prices are ridiculous.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

No.

Been discussed to death many many many times already. ANet said it’s not happening. Mounts would screw the whole way point system, it’s there for a reason. There is no reason to add mounts whatsoever, other than extra bling, it’s not needed.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Dedish.7923

No.

Been discussed to death many many many times already. ANet said it’s not happening. Mounts would screw the whole way point system, it’s there for a reason. There is no reason to add mounts whatsoever, other than extra bling, it’s not needed.

False, I read an article and Anet said that though there are no mounts in game at the current time that it might be something they will look into in the future.

let’s not forget the if Anet wants to have a successful game they WILL have to listen to what the players want.

Life sucks wear a helmet

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Kailthir.6384

So what if people skip content, it’s their game to play how they choose, you can’t force someone to go through all the content. People will skip content with or without mounts if that is what they decide to do.

Yes but they are more likely to skip it… and that starts a chainball effect… a chain rasction if you will. You skip stuff… you get to end game faster.. cause you bypassed the time sinks… you get to end game (for lack of a better term, yes i know level 1 is end game)…

People start a flame war about how there is nothing to do… GW team rushes out content to please the masses, unfortunately it is unfinished… people start complaining again and leave the game… now less and less people here to do things with… those that leave start posting about how the game is stupidly bad and convince people not to buy it… population gets lower and lower… everyone loses.

Happened with SWTOR… some of the player base were so vocal, they pushed out content too soon or content that was never ment to be in the game. Was nothing more than a bugfest nightmare, each and every update.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drarorm.8723

Drarorm.8723

+1 more for mounts. Arenanet has said to no to flying mounts but never mentioned anything about ground types… plus if they add some mounts into the gem store they will make a big profit, so i dont see why they wouldent, yes there is people who dont want them but by the time mounts are added everyone already would have seen everything in the world and done everything and are just standing somewhere in Lions Arch.. so somewhere like 2 years from now i believe mounts would be added.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zephire.8049

Zephire.8049

I can’t see mounts working in GW2 outside of instances such as the junundu in Nightfall, even though those weren’t technically mounts.

First, deciding what each race should ride (or just giving a blanket type of mount to everyone) would ride would be a pain. Asura have the obvious golems and sylvari would probably have some plant creature, but humans? Charr? Norn? Arenanet isn’t just going to shoehorn a mount in if it doesn’t makes sense, and lore does not support mounts being used except in the case of asura and golems. The next closest is probably necrid horsemen in GW1, and there’s no telling how long ago those horses died, but it was very likely a long, long time ago since horses no longer seem to live on the continent of tyria.

Then there’s also the problem that mounts would set a precedent so all future playable races would need to have mounts, too. There’s so many different races which can potentially be playable, it seems like poor design to never be able to make them playable because they couldn’t have a mount.

Plus designing and animating a mount, and creating animations for player character,s and making sure mounts work for all variations of player characters, and dealing with major clipping issues is a lot of work which could be better spent on other content.

Mounts work in some games and I love them in those games, but GW2 is not a type of games for mounts. Other MMO’s typically design the game with mounts in mind, so all the basic structures and world are conducive to mounts. GW2 has been designed from the ground up not to have mounts, so that means that any mount system would need to be designed from scratch and then added to the current game code. Factor in that the world has been designed for people to run around on foot and it’s asking for a lot of time, effort, and trouble for very little — if any — payoff.

Perhaps one day we’ll get a “mount” in the sense of a transformation, but I highly doubt we’ll get speed-boosting mounts that we ride outside of specific content.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Dedish.7923

Yes but they are more likely to skip it… and that starts a chainball effect… a chain rasction if you will. You skip stuff… you get to end game faster.. cause you bypassed the time sinks… you get to end game (for lack of a better term, yes i know level 1 is end game)…

People start a flame war about how there is nothing to do… GW team rushes out content to please the masses, unfortunately it is unfinished… people start complaining again and leave the game… now less and less people here to do things with… those that leave start posting about how the game is stupidly bad and convince people not to buy it… population gets lower and lower… everyone loses.

Happened with SWTOR… some of the player base were so vocal, they pushed out content too soon or content that was never ment to be in the game. Was nothing more than a bugfest nightmare, each and every update.

Yes and no. Mounts or not people will skip content it will have nothing to do with them skipping or not.

Read the forums tons of people are already complaining that there is no real end game content, the end game stuff there is, is nothing but a faceroll zerg fest, and that there is no real progression or sense of accomplishment. That will happen with every MMO regardless of mounts or not

Life sucks wear a helmet

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Yup mount pls, need a polar bear for the shilverpeaks :P

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Kailthir.6384

No.

False, I read an article and Anet said that though there are no mounts in game at the current time that it might be something they will look into in the future.

let’s not forget the if Anet wants to have a successful game they WILL have to listen to what the players want.

I disagree what if the player base as a whole, decides that flying gyrocopters was the thing to have? Do you really think tthey are going to give it to them?

No GW will forllow the lore and not add it. The lore is there are no mounts. I have not seen anything in GW1 or GW2 that could be used as a domesticated mount. I have yet to see a horse or horse type creature. Centars do not count. I doubt they would let you ride them. And as far as Asura riding a Charr. What pridefull self respecting nobel Charr would let himself be ridden by anyone… especially a race they concider weak?

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Dedish.7923

Was not speaking of flying mounts. What do you mean you have not seen anything that could be used as a mount, are you playing blindfolded? Wargs, Moose, Moa’s to name just a few.

Horses were not always “domesticated” you know.

As far as the player saying I don’t want mounts in the game then changing their mind because other people have one is no one else’s fault but that weak willed individual.

Life sucks wear a helmet

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Kailthir.6384

Wargs? maybe for asura, but wouldn’t they use their golums? Moas are even smaller. Moose hmmm, that is an interesting one. But i doubt they would be domesticated. Ever heard of a domesticated moose that was a mount before. I haven’t.

There is a reason why some large animals (of riding size and strength/stamania) haven’t been domesticated yet.

You wern’t speaking about flying mounts no.

But you did mention:…

“let’s not forget the if Anet wants to have a successful game they WILL have to listen to what the players want.”

This is what I was refering to with the flying mounts. What if enough people want it?

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agapanthah.4951

Agapanthah.4951

I would say ‘yes’ to mounts.

I have found that waypoints are nice…but I enjoy the feeling of being mounted when I explore. I also explore more while mounted. Right now I run from heart to heart instead of really visiting every nook and cranny.

Mounts give you the feeling of partnership…a pet you can ride. They are an added accessory for your character…especially if they are somewhat customizable.

Mounts can be done without being a menace to other players accessibility to vendors or areas.

I once read a story about a mule that could talk. Oh man, would I love a funny talking mule to ride.

I personally love flying mounts…just because I love to see the world created by the devs from that perspective.

These devs would create outstanding mounts, I think.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

NO

I am totally against mounts. I see no need for them. You have waypoints all over the place. Plus most if not all classes can give themselves a speed buff. All they have to do is take the time to learn the weapon or spell to do so.

Mounts are something else to have to chase after. Plus then the statement comes up “Why can’t we have combat on mounts”

Now I have to admit that if you look at concept art you will see mounts there. Like bison for the Norn for example.

But still I see no need for them. If in future expansions that make it where you have truly long distances to travel then I will most likely change my mind.

Again at this particular time it is NO NO NO

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agapanthah.4951

Agapanthah.4951

I really disagree with the naysayers. Mounts would be a welcome addition to the game. Waypoints do not generate any ‘feeling’ towards the game. I do not look forward to them or smile while using them. They don’t encourage a ‘connection’ to the world.

Having my own mount is an extension of my character…it is more than a speed buff. Real affection can grow for your mount and they would be a welcome addition to the game.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Mounts… yes !

But purely as some kind of cosmetic reward, something to achieve or brag about. As for the speed yeah ok they need to be a bit faster than running, but keep that something small like 25% buff.
So basically you have the mount for the joy of having the mount, not so you can make travelling easier

:)

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I’m fine with them from the standpoint of having something else to work towards to obtain and the “bling” factor. I am, however, 100% against them providing any tangible benefits.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Having my own mount is an extension of my character…it is more than a speed buff. Real affection can grow for your mount and they would be a welcome addition to the game.

Have to agree with this, in (the other MMO) my Tiger mount was always my favorite, I had higher lvl mounts but always used this one, Like the OP said it was an extention of my character

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

And I support you, waypoint costs are absolutely rediculous in the game, we need an alternative way to travel, and I know they said they wouldn’t have mounts because of the waypoints buts its more about the vanity and collecting of them, most mmo’s have them, why not this one, it would really add a lot to the game and they could add gem store mounts too and probably make a lot more money in the process.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: texhnolyze.6425

texhnolyze.6425

NO

I am totally against mounts. I see no need for them. You have waypoints all over the place. Plus most if not all classes can give themselves a speed buff. All they have to do is take the time to learn the weapon or spell to do so.

Mounts are something else to have to chase after. Plus then the statement comes up “Why can’t we have combat on mounts”

Now I have to admit that if you look at concept art you will see mounts there. Like bison for the Norn for example.

But still I see no need for them. If in future expansions that make it where you have truly long distances to travel then I will most likely change my mind.

Again at this particular time it is NO NO NO

i’m totally agree
mounts would destroy the lore
GW2 has the technology to warp you in an instant using waypoints, why would you go back to the traditional way using mounts?

25% speed buff mounts?
accelerate is 33% speed, and every class (as far as i can see) has it

moreover, mounts would be useless in GW2
as there are aggresive mobs everywhere, and they run faster than your accelerate boon
you’ll get kicked out of your mount easily, which make them pretty useless in the end

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

but there are no horses…

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

No.

This right statement right here is what I have a majour problem with.

The reason GW2 is an amazing game and will be very successful is precisely because Arena Net has stuck to their basic design philosophy and not given is to a vocal minority screaming we want this or that.
They have been working on this game for years.
I am also really tired of people saying “but we had this in x or y game so we must have it in GW2 or the game sucks and I won’t play”

I really really don’t want mounts- in every game I played that had them they were a royal pain that was cool for exactly 5 min and then they were a nuisance.
Some of my best moments in GW2 has come from just running from one place to another because I have discovered new places, awesome nooks and crannies and taken great screens.. you get the idea…
For love of the six- please no mounts!

Gunnar’s Hold

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

We have already waypoints to travel fast, sure. But why is that an argument against mounts?

There are already swiftness buffs to travel fast too, so how would having mounts make there any difference?

MMOs need time sink, sure. But they also need money sinks, and since the argument for the time sink is not working (see waypoints & swiftness buff) there is no reason not to have mounts as money sink in the game.

The lore can be expanded, just because we don’t have storie about mounts doesn’t say that it is possible to use them in the world. And my Norn would certainly consider it as part of her growing legacy if she is the first Norn who ever rides a beast, especially if it is something truely exotic.

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Amok.9205

Run Amok.9205

I’d love to see ground mounts (not flying). Even with a minor speed increase it would be fun.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

I think, at least, cosmetic mounts would be nice. A teeny speed boost wouldn’t hurt much I wouldn’t think. If money is the problem, it would be simple enough to make mounts themselves massive money sinks.

Maybe… rented mounts? It would be like a very long lasting speed buff: 25%+ speed on the mount for say, an hour or more depending on the price.

Zone specific mounts? Buy a mount for that zone that can only be used in that zone that costs a pretty penny.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZoLMiTRiPTaN.4567

ZoLMiTRiPTaN.4567

4. From what I have seen mini pets, weapon and armor skins are only available to players of the first GW and as such has no effect or impact on new players and as I stated before kinda not fair. I could care less how many hours you put into a dated previous edition of this game. I showed support the second I bought GW2 and spent over 50 dollars in gems. That = support as well in my opinion and should be rewarded.

You misunderstand. Aryiuss wasn’t talking about the Hall of Monuments. When you hit level 80, there is no longer any type of gear progression that makes you more powerful outside of honing abilities and upgrades (sigils for instance) for your specific build. In GW2 gear progression is horizontal and takes the form of obtaining unique weapon and armor skins, of which Aryiuss was discussing, instead of vertical gear progression like in WoW or TOR. Grinding glory for PvP skins, dungeons for dungeon specific skins, karma for exotics, etc. There are several different ways to get unique gear outside of the HoM. Just remember, it’s not about the stats in GW2 but the look.

You also have mini pets which you can purchase off of the gem store or the trading post to collect and trade. None of these things are restricted only to players of the original GW. Sure, you have extra options as a GW1 player like myself, but that’s because I sank years playing the game and as players that supported ANet we deserved something special for the immensely insane amount of hard work required to even hit 30/50 HoM points :P

Edited to add that I do not support adding mounts. It goes against all of the lore set up from the original GW to GW2 on top of going in the opposite direction the designers had intended with waypoints. Sure, I agree that WP pricing should be looked at but there are no need for mounts in Tyria.

Oh… my… GLOB, Melissa!

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

YES, love mounts. lol
I mean, I know some zealots would say “gw? mounts? NEVER!”
But come on, you do not need to make a mount a essential thing, if you want to still using the portals ok. Just let us running through the mountains looking at the landscape in our pink unicorns… joke joke lol
Edit: I really mean: Let us using a mount to get like 25% speed or something, to reach places faster where we do not have asura’s portals, the mount disappear when hit, and you could not use this in WvWvW nor Spvp.
Edit 2: JUST DO NOT CHARGE US 200 DOLLARS IN A MOUNT LIKE WoW. I could buy a REAL horse with that amount. LOL

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: chase.2613

chase.2613

I’m definitely for mounts.

• They can be made as much of a money sink as the waypoints.
  • They are also a time sink, since people will be inclined to use them instead of waypoints, and time is money.
  • I have no idea what it is in the lore that prohibits using them, but it’s ridiculous that neither of four different races with varying levels of technology and magic uses animals for personal transport. Use some common sense.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

No.

Faster running speed, yes.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

1. iirc they said in that article or interview they would only ever add mounts if they could “make them cool” i.e. they won’t do it unless there is a point to them other than movement speed. and i personally believe it’s not worth the effort if it’s just “bling”. it’d be so much more work for Anet than simply adding new armors and weapons, for example.

2. i think they do listen to what players want, but we can’t possibly know what the majority wants unless there’s be a mandatory poll or something. speak for yourself.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Only if by “mounts” you mean Charr Tanks in WvW.
…or airships. Oh man I wanna bomb Stonemist from the air.

Anyway mounts would just break jump quests, make traveling Orr too easy and clutter the screen even more than it already is.

They could be really cool if restricted to certain areas though.

Benight[Edge]

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duveth.5742

Duveth.5742

mounts are perfect for gw2, they can be sold in the cash shop and they add lategame content wich is the biggest problem in the game atm.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

For me is a NO for mounts, but YES for a cheaper price for waypoints.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: mak.9027

mak.9027

Mounts would be fine as a cosmetic, with no speed improvements or at a max 5% more than the current character speed. This wouldn’t break anything in the game.
Though, as someone said, would be a huge amount of work for animations and clipping that could be better spent elsewhere.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nephilim.8395

Nephilim.8395

As an asura I’d love to see mounts. It seems highly unlikely this particular race hasn’t invented some form of mechanical mount.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

Guild Wars 2 isn’t an MMO that needs mounts. What it does need, however, is lower waypoint costs at levels 40+. 2 Silver for a close by waypoint travel? Ridiculous. 5 Silver just to go back to a nooby zone to help a friend? Utter crap.

These waypoint prices need to drop, and drastically. Otherwise, being level 80 isn’t truly compelling due to these absurd prices.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Am I missing something with Waypoints? If you’re really travelling that much you’re doing something wrong, and it really costs me more than 1.5 silver at level 72.

To mounts…I’m not won over with the idea. Unlike SWTOR/LOTRO the world is awesome to the point I want to walk all over. If it were to happen, at most a 33% speed buff.

Flying mounts wouldn’t work because a) kitten you and b) each zone is instanced and you couldn’t fly over mountains.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

Am I missing something with Waypoints? If you’re really travelling that much you’re doing something wrong, and it really costs me more than 1.5 silver at level 72.

Wait til’ you hit 80. You’ll see what I (and everyone else) means. Waypoint prices are absurd.

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Ah, I was assuming it would increase slowly as it had done. Thanks for the correction. Still, if you travel when you need to, 5s is nothing looking at the screencaps of some bank accounts!

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

Completely against mounts hope they never add them. Also am I the only one that doesn’t think waypoints are expensive?

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

We had that, it’s gonna make GW2 a solo game as no one dismounts to help others.

/thread

What about mounts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

We had that, it’s gonna make GW2 a solo game as no one dismounts to help others.
/thread

\thread

I don’t agree. I’d be just as inclined to dismount and help someone out as I am now.

If I simply zip to another area via a waypoint, however…

FWIW I have no strong feelings either way. If they’re introduced, great. If not, great. I just don’t agree with some of the arguments against.