Nageling Giant Champion needs to go!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BarronTV.4632

BarronTV.4632

Wasn’t letting me post in suggestion or dynamic events so I had to post it here.

PROBLEM:
The Giant champion at the town of Nageling in Diessa Plateau needs to be erased. This was only ever pushed at launch and now seen as though it is never pushed the town is always unusable. This is a huge hindrance on enjoying the game when your exploring the plateau. I feel for the people that are exploring the plateau or revisiting the area and get to Nageling and find deserted town that nobody wants to take back.

SOLUTION:
Get rid of the Giant champion event, the days of pushing it are over. Create a new event (which can be done by 1 or 2 people) were separatists or flame legion attack the town and once the town is destroyed it can be rebuilt in another event and if it is defended then they attack later.
OR
Make the Giant champion into an elite or veteran so that 1 or 2 people can retake the town.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

1 or 2 people can retake the town. The giant’s attack animations take ages. It’s really easy once you get the hang of it. Just make sure you don’t get hit by the stomp or the boulder toss and you should be fine.

It does take a while to do on your own though.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Did it with two Friday I think. Actually the other guy was doing a pretty good job himself before I arrived. I was just surprised that someone else was trying to take him down.

There use to be a different event that happened in Nageling besides the Giant. Group of human Vet separatists I think. Much easier than the Giant but I haven’t seen that recently. I think that’s because the Giant stays up for days.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

All that needs to be done is lower it’s HP. It can easily be soloed, just takes forever.

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

It’s fairly easy to solo it, not that there’s much point besides the initial gratification. I wouldn’t want it removed because it’s a great place to do the daily revives when all the other dailies suck.

There use to be a different event that happened in Nageling besides the Giant. Group of human Vet separatists I think. Much easier than the Giant but I haven’t seen that recently. I think that’s because the Giant stays up for days.

Still happens, though I’m not sure how frequently.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If that Giant goes, there goes 1/3 of the chances at progressing Giant Slayer. I’ve killed 11 since launch!

I’ve duo’d him a few times, but usually a Map call gets a crowd in to do the job. It helps to be on a high pop server, of course.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

1 or 2 people can retake the town. The giant’s attack animations take ages. It’s really easy once you get the hang of it. Just make sure you don’t get hit by the stomp or the boulder toss and you should be fine.

It just takes half an hour due to overinflated hps of mobs of the giant type. The same with the other one (Kor).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Every time I get the giant, I announce in map chat that he’s up. Usually two or three people show up. Keep announcing it and link the way point, every minute or so. If you have a guild or friends, ask for some help.

Believe it or not, there are people actively working on the giant slayer title. Don’t ask me why.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The giant is fun, fairly easy and seems wicked cool for a newbie. I really loved the big lug when it wiped the floor with me for the first time. Now I just need a single other person to fight it, so one dumb mistake on my side won’t reset his life.
So yeah, 2 people can do the thing no problem. A single, focused one can too, but it does take ages. It IS a giant, after all. :> Feedbacking his triple stomp as a mesmer is cruel. :P

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Yeah. The giant is soloable. In fact it’s a good place to practice dodging and mitigation. The only problem is that like most champions it has an overinflated health pool.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Giant is NEEDED for the “GIANT SLAYER ACHIEVEMENT” which takes 1000 to complete that achievement and since there are only 4 MAX in the whole of Tyria and the one in “Naegling” is fully soloable(as others have mentioned), even with my lowly Ranger(although takes forever {:-þ), then, I have to say NO. If anything we need MORE GIANTS that go towards this achievement.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Go? No. Tweaked? Yes. Its a lv 15-25 zone where few people actually have any reason to go. It can be soloed(and I have), but it takes forever and is not worth the reward for the time invested. In regards to the Giant Slayer, there are 4 players across the world that I can think of: Nageling, Hirathi Hinterlands giant, tthat one dynamic event in Brisban Province, and Kudzu’s Monster in CoE Story(for some reason…)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I think it could take some tweaking, but in no way should it be removed. Like others have said, there are only FOUR giants you can kill (for the achievement) in the whole kitten game.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I don’t really see how this giant is in any way preventing people from enjoying Diessa…I mean, all you need there is a WP and I’ve never seen the Giant ambushing whoever tries to get it, it’s inside the city unless someone pulls it in fight. Plus, what’s in that town? A vendor and armor repairs? o.O (Sorry, I don’t want to be indelicate, I just don’t understand o.o )

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

No! I like it! I actually hadn’t seen him since launch. Recently I finished another map complete with my Warrior and ended up soloing the giant for fun.

It was actually a great time and a good chance to reminisce. I do agree that the event goes unfinished and that his health pool is huge. Maybe a health pool reduction would be in order. It is rather time consuming for a non-lv 80 and thus unrewarding.

The mechanics are sound though and a very fun solo, duo, group, etc. fight. In fact, there should be more bosses like the giant to teach new players the dodge mechanic of the game.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Doesnt even take that long to solo.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I believe it uses the exact same attacks as the ones in Arah P3.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I solo the champ giant all the time when there’s a daily champ slayer just for funzies. Stand inside him so the triple tremor doesn’t hit you. Dodge everything else and just kill him

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Or, and I know I’m really straying in to dangerous territory here, they could just make the event scaling system that hasn’t worked since launch day, actually work.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

It does take a while to do on your own though.

Yeah I’ve done this with 2 people and I was using a bearbow ranger (well … wolfbow?). I’m not exactly a hardcore player. And half the time I mistime my dodges.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Tyrians for the Education and Practice of dps Arts
Have heard your plea and formally decline. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your local magistrate. Thank you for your patience.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

on the contrary!

all open world roaming weak champions should be updated to the giant of nageling difficulty.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Actually, the only problem I’ve had with the Nageling giant is the weirdly small area it has before it leashes. A few times in the past I’ve soloed it down to 50% or whatever, only to accidentally go out of its area and lose all my hard work. If the leash area were increased to the entirety of Nageling village, there would be no problems with the event. Well, maybe add a reward chest at the end, but otherwise no problems.

Bear in mind that there is nothing else in Nageling village that the giant is stopping you doing. No heart, no other events, no poi, even the waypoint is outside.

Or, and I know I’m really straying in to dangerous territory here, they could just make the event scaling system that hasn’t worked since launch day, actually work.

It’s a Group Event. It has a minimum level of scaling that’s set at more than 1 person.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Actually, the only problem I’ve had with the Nageling giant is the weirdly small area it has before it leashes. A few times in the past I’ve soloed it down to 50% or whatever, only to accidentally go out of its area and lose all my hard work. If the leash area were increased to the entirety of Nageling village, there would be no problems with the event. Well, maybe add a reward chest at the end, but otherwise no problems.

Bear in mind that there is nothing else in Nageling village that the giant is stopping you doing. No heart, no other events, no poi, even the waypoint is outside.

It’s a Group Event. It has a minimum level of scaling that’s set at more than 1 person.

Yea that too. I’ve nearly soloed it only to have it’s lease pulled and have it regen all that damage. But usually it’s a mistimed dodge that ends up me rezing so far away that it’s pointless to continue. That’s why they recommend it takes two or more.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A group is two or greater. Over 10 or so people at this even and you can AFK through the entire fight with a ranged weapon, start it with 2-3 and its ridiculously long, arduous, and frustrating. I don’t know about you but that doesn’t sound like it evenly scales to me.

And yes I know if you abuse the AI by sitting/strafing in the right spots at the right time you can solo it, and most other champions really. I’ve solo’d it myself, though I honestly don’t know why. If you’re completing the event just for fun, doing it that way… isn’t. And if you are completing the event for the challenge, you’ve no right to say you even met that challenge when in fact poor AI did the work for you.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I like that event, have not done it for ages, but you can solo it…

Its pretty easy with just 2-3 players and if you give a shout out in map chat, you usually get at least that number turning up, especially if you link wp.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I have happy memories of fighting him alone at like 4 in the morning on one of the BWEs, when most people hadn’t gotten up so ‘high’ in level yet.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Done it yesterday. Started with 2 people and eventually another 2 joined us.
It took about 3 minutes at most (soloing usually takes 7 minutes or so). It could use some HP reduction but I don’t think it’s such a problem in the current state.

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

It’s soloable. Facetank him until he starts doing the stomping animation at which point dodge backwards and then run back as he tosses a giant rock at people who are are not in melee range. Don’t kite him because he will reset. That’s it.

The health should get reduced though because the fight takes ages without being challenging. Same as most champions, to be honest.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Here you go just a Ranger and the NPC taking back the town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HchZRqtUu_s

Didn’t even take that long.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

They could keep it exactly the same with one big difference. Add some seige weapons, cannons or ballistas along the outer walls or in some other spots. make them both destroyable and repairable. Then players would have the option of kiting his very slow kitten around. run to a weapon and get several very powerful shots off (like 5-10% of his hp) before the giant tears it apart and forces us to flee to another.

#ELEtism

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Wasn’t letting me post in suggestion or dynamic events so I had to post it here.

PROBLEM:
The Giant champion at the town of Nageling in Diessa Plateau needs to be erased. This was only ever pushed at launch and now seen as though it is never pushed the town is always unusable. This is a huge hindrance on enjoying the game when your exploring the plateau. I feel for the people that are exploring the plateau or revisiting the area and get to Nageling and find deserted town that nobody wants to take back.

SOLUTION:
Get rid of the Giant champion event, the days of pushing it are over. Create a new event (which can be done by 1 or 2 people) were separatists or flame legion attack the town and once the town is destroyed it can be rebuilt in another event and if it is defended then they attack later.
OR
Make the Giant champion into an elite or veteran so that 1 or 2 people can retake the town.

Or just do some better scaling on the giant champion.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Dodge button is right there, try clicking it

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

If that Giant goes, there goes 1/3 of the chances at progressing Giant Slayer. I’ve killed 11 since launch!

Only 989 to go. You should have that in 2090 (no wait GW is 1.5 years old, bit longer then) :P

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: SentinelArk.5109

SentinelArk.5109

I like using the Nageling Giant’s event frequency and large HP to practice dodging and play with different builds. I like it the way it is now.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

The scaling on the giant is fine lol. Ofcourse its going to take forever to kill if you use clerics or pvt crap.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

An armorless/trinketless thief doesn’t take too much longer than an equiped run either.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Xzaander.4123

Xzaander.4123

Say what? That champ is one of the easiest to solo and has always been, just that it takes a little time and is boring as hell. But such is the way of mmorpgs.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Meanwhile, on Tarnished Coast, a call that the giant is up usually brings 10-20 players, at least, running to fight it. There’s no chance it would ever control the city for ten minutes, let alone days on end!

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

Step 1: add craftable pre-cursors or pre-cursor scavenger hunt
Step 2: put one of the parts needed in the Nageling giant’s loot table
Step 3: “Is the giant up yet?” “Everyone keeps asking that! Be patient!”

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

Posted by: Xzaander.4123