New slayer achievements (minor spoiler)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fence.8362

Fence.8362

Heyho,
first of all, i tried the search function for any previous topics but could not find any.

so:

why are we not getting any new slayer achievements since the x pack?
i was thinking of something like:

• Mordrem
  • Mushrooms
  • chak
    and since the LW3 is part of HOT
  • white mantle

But we can even go deeper. since we have fractals (previous LW) , why is there no

• Aetherblades
  • Watchwork
  • toxic

this would be a nice implementation of new slayer achievements, for veterans or casuals to progress something new.. and i think since there are so many other achievements with each LW episode, i think this is probably not so hard to implement.

what do you think of that? is there any statement of anet about this?

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

Throw in a White Mantle and call it “Dismantle the Mantle” BOOM. DONE.

(though I feel like they have done that before)

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I would like to see

Mordrem slayer
Chak slayer
Mushroom slayer
Itzel slayer
Saurian clayer
White mantle slayer
Karka slayer
Branded slayer
Icebrood slayer

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

That likely wont happen. Too many players have too much AP already. Higher it goes, the more stuff you have to design to reward them at higher tiers; more reasons to discriminate new players against (regardless of however idiotic that may be). You should have noticed it by now… Numerous achievements awarding 1-2 points, lack of meta achieves, recycled achieves, etc.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

(edited by MikeyGrey.2496)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Likely because the slayer achievements serve no real function and the newer sets of achievements are all functionality based.

OriOri.8724

That likely wont happen. Too many players have too much AP already. Higher it goes, the more stuff you have to design to reward them at higher tiers; more reasons to discriminate new players against (regardless of however idiotic that may be). You should have noticed it by now… Numerous achievements awarding 1-2 points, lack of meta achieves, recycled achieves, etc.

They already have AP rewards going all the way up to 44,000 AP on the same rate as we currently enjoy them, and then the pinnacle skins continue until 56,000 AP. There is plenty of wiggle room there. Absolutely plenty. A handful of new slayer achievements will not change that

Posted by: Fence.8362

Fence.8362

Likely because the slayer achievements serve no real function and the newer sets of achievements are all functionality based.

in which case is , or was “white mantle slayer” not functionally based with the current LW episode?

TexZero.7910

in which case is , or was “white mantle slayer” not functionally based with the current LW episode?

In what case is slaying thousands of creatures for a +2AP functionally worth the time of creating or for players to do ?

By counterpoint, see today’s update and the reforging Caladbolg which has a function and apt rewards. This is the pattern Anet has been trending towards for a while. Not fluff kill x achievements.

OriOri.8724

In what case is slaying thousands of creatures for a +2AP functionally worth the time of creating or for players to do ?

By counterpoint, see today’s update and the reforging Caladbolg which has a function and apt rewards. This is the pattern Anet has been trending towards for a while. Not fluff kill x achievements.

Small notes, but slayer achievements give 16 AP each, not 2. And why shouldn’t they be implemented. They are perfect medium-long term goals, which in turn is perfect for an achievement.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

because anwet simply doesn’t care.
Theres so many more achievements from the main game other than only the slayer achievements, which could get expanded to increase their AP you could gain through them.

Take for example all the Weapon Achievements, which could receive more ranks, together with those that could be added, if anet finally ever adds new weapon types to the game liek Polearms, Greataxes, Claws, Whips ect.
They could go even so far to make for each Weapon Type an achievemwent for doing Finishign Moves while being equipped with Weapon X and using it for the Finishing Move by implementign also weapon based unique Martial Artistic Finishiers based on the used weapon instead of lettign appear for that holographic stuff and summon like thigns that appear just out of nowhere to pierce the target to death or just land on it.

They could retroactively add for really alot of the maps from GW2 like they did with Drytop, Silverwates ect also to their very own Map Achievements, what would revitalize also alot of the old maps to be revisited by alot of players at least for some time, until they have made all achievements in the old maps to earn the meta rewards from making all the map achievements.

They could expansion the Fashion Achievements for all races by implementing new Racial Armor Sets for Ascended Racial armors as Tier 4 and Legendary racial armors as Tier 5 bonded with new achievements for completing all these new armor sets.
They could add a fashion achievement for collecting all Base Game Dyes, what would help also a bit in making dyes more valueable, if there would be a collection achievement for them.

There could and there should be a reworkl of the Boss achievement section, so that all World Bosses have their own set of achievements, like Tequatl, Tri Wurm, Shatterer with the next one that should be done being Jormags Claw together with a redesign of that battle with him. Long overdue change …

They could make new Hero Achievements, by actually doing again a big next PERSONAL STORY Season with the length and the quality of the first one with multiple multi path missions, but you get the impression by Anet as if they have already given up with continuing their personal story concept with this game

Theres alot of missing minigames, that could have also their own achievements.. polymok, bar barwls just to name two big ones that are missing. Some tiem ago Anet added for a brief time this kind of basketball minigame. Why they didn’t added that permanently with own achievements is unclear – missed chance!

Fact is, ANet has more than enough potential for new achievement, fact is only as well – they don’t make usage of all this potential yet. Why? We don’t know and most likely never will also get to know

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

TexZero.7910

Small notes, but slayer achievements give 16 AP each, not 2. And why shouldn’t they be implemented. They are perfect medium-long term goals, which in turn is perfect for an achievement.

The point AP is pretty much irrelevant, the main meat of it is the trend toward meaningful gameplay achievements, not things you throw your face into or exploit to finish.

OriOri.8724

And yet not all achievements need to be “meaningful” (even though that depends on who you ask as to which ones are meanigful in the first place). Personally, I much prefer achievements like slayer and weapon master ones because I don’t have to work at them. I’m just playing the game, and suddenly a popup that tells me I completed something that I wasn’t intentionally working towards. That’s a well designed achievement. A good game needs achievements like that.

The new one is basically a quest. Its hidden behind achievement and collection form, but its nothing more of a quest in GW2. While yes its a good achievement, and any good game deserves lots of achievements like it, its not nearly as much fun to have to specifically work towards it to get it. A healthy game needs both types of achievements, just because you don’t prefer the former is not a good reason to not make new ones.

TexZero.7910

And yet not all achievements need to be “meaningful” (even though that depends on who you ask as to which ones are meanigful in the first place). Personally, I much prefer achievements like slayer and weapon master ones because I don’t have to work at them. I’m just playing the game, and suddenly a popup that tells me I completed something that I wasn’t intentionally working towards. That’s a well designed achievement. A good game needs achievements like that.

The new one is basically a quest. Its hidden behind achievement and collection form, but its nothing more of a quest in GW2. While yes its a good achievement, and any good game deserves lots of achievements like it, its not nearly as much fun to have to specifically work towards it to get it. A healthy game needs both types of achievements, just because you don’t prefer the former is not a good reason to not make new ones.

I don’t know how you jumped to what i like when i’m stating based on current trending history. But okay….

OriOri.8724

Your own statements. Calling them fluff in a derogatory way. Saying that we don’t need more achievements like that in the game. It indicates you don’t enjoy them.

TexZero.7910

You’re reading far too much into statements.

Killing X for no reason is fluff. That’s what slayer, weapon master and drinking/eating achievements are. Fluff, they serve no purpose towards advancing any point or narrative of the character, they are there to be an artificial time sink. If that doesn’t scream of Fluff to you then fine, but you cannot deny that Anet has been trending far and away from this type of achievement ever since the release of HoT.