No Druid reveal? Really?

No Druid reveal? Really?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

What a letdown. A letdown after series of letdowns for the proud few Rangers.

I guess we know where Anet’s priorities are.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

As a ranger I am not surprised by this, not after 3 years of the treatment we’ve gotten already.

Footnotes in the grand design.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

you get your reveal at twitchcon guys. Dont worry. Dev quote:

There will be no POI next week because the team will all be at TwitchCon… where we will talk about the final profession spec, as well as more cool stuff on our TwitchCon stream.
Now let’s all calm down and tune into Points of Interest today at noon.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

they forgot about Dre!

the sky is falling!

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

As a ranger I am not surprised by this, not after 3 years of the treatment we’ve gotten already.

Looks like you didn’t click the link before you posted!

It’’ll be revealed at twitch! Cheer up!

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Rangers on the Backburner: The Class.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Source

No need to worry, I promise!

Please turn into Points of Interest for more information.

There will be no POI next week because the team will all be at TwitchCon… where we will talk about the final profession spec, as well as more cool stuff on our TwitchCon stream.

Now let’s all calm down and tune into Points of Interest today at noon.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

No Druid reveal? Really?

ScribeTheMad.7614

That’s one way of looking at it.
Some of us are looking through glasses tinted by 3 years of disappointment, letdown, and being ignored as a class.
So to some of us it simply looks like we don’t even warrant our own release vid, like we’re going to be a couple lines mentioned in passing.
It kind of hurts.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.

No Druid reveal? Really?

CandyHearts.6025

Some of us are looking through glasses tinted by 3 years of disappointment, letdown, and being ignored as a class.
So to some of us it simply looks like we don’t even warrant our own release vid, like we’re going to be a couple lines mentioned in passing.
It kind of hurts.

You sound like you could use a vacation from gw2 for a while. It’s getting to ya!

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

It kind of hurts.

You sound like you could use a vacation from gw2 for a while. It’s getting to ya!

That’s funny, because that’s what anet said they will be doing when asked about rangers.

community : What are you doing with ranger since its been plagued for 3 years with problems and bugs?

anet: We are going on vacation, get back to you about that later!

Here we are, 3 years later. Still waiting for anet to get back on their vacation

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

It kind of hurts.

You should try playing a video game to take your mind off of such serious things.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What a letdown. A letdown after series of letdowns for the proud few Rangers.

I guess we know where Anet’s priorities are.

Why are people assuming this? Anet has set no precedence that they won’t announce an elite spec. They have announced every one. They are even going so far as to announce this one at an event.

There are just some players who always have a negative mindset and will always self-perpetuate it regardless as to whether there is a credible basis or not. You can it today wit’s the announcement of the final PoI and the first thing that came to some people’s mind was that Druid was cancelled.

After it was clarified that it would be revealed at TwitchCon, those same people then go on to complain that it’ll be a short reveal or whatever to reinforce their belief that Anet doesn’t care about their class.

I’ve been seeing this a lot, often by the same people, that at the onset of an announcement they immediately take it negatively and they must express it on the forums.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

No Druid reveal? Really?

CandyHearts.6025

It kind of hurts.

That’s funny, because that’s what anet said they will be doing when asked about rangers.

community : What are you doing with ranger since its been plagued for 3 years with problems and bugs?

Here we are, 3 years later. Still waiting for anet to get back on their vacation

I guess I am a horrible Ranger. I haven’t had many problems with it.

Either way though, it’s still the life of the player. And if you spend it feeling upset then you’re spending it all wrong.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Reveal would be useless against a team of scrappers, revenants, and reapers anyway.

No Druid reveal? Really?

SkiTz.4590

It kind of hurts.

Either way though, it’s still the life of the player. And if you spend it feeling upset then you’re spending it all wrong.

I don’t spend it feeling upset because I switched away from ranger as my main a long time ago when I realized anet has no idea what to do with this class…

Say what you want, but this class has been broken for a while. There is a reason ranger CDI was the first profession. It needed the most help. You don’t have to be a good ranger or bad ranger to realize this class is mediocre to below avg in every aspect of this game.

No Druid reveal? Really?

CandyHearts.6025

It kind of hurts.

I don’t spend it feeling upset because I switched away from ranger as my main a long time ago when I realized anet has no idea what to do with this class…

Say what you want, but this class has been broken for a while. There is a reason ranger CDI was the first profession. It needed the most help. You don’t have to be a good ranger or bad ranger to realize this class is mediocre to below avg in every aspect of this game.

I wouldn’t say"every" aspect of the game but you’ve made your point I suppose. It’s still a fun class to play.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It kind of hurts.

What hurts is posts like this. First of all the ranger hasn’t been ignored. It hasn’t gotten what you wanted, maybe, but it’s not been ignored. I distinctly remember upgrades to things over the years. Even pet AI. Remember when pets used to aggro stuff even if you weren’t in aggro range. That doesn’t happen anymore. The F2 skill was improved. The longbow damage was improved.

The fact is, the ranger is much better than it was at launch but some people simply ignore that.

It’s not perfect, that’s true. It’s not as desired in dungeon parties by some people who think it’s not good enough. That’s also true.

But having at least one of every profession, and having played them all, I don’t think the ranger’s in as bad a place as you think.

Engineers complained for years about hobosacks. Necros complain about their minions.

At any rate, I have a whole lot less problems with rangers than you seem to…and yes I main one.

No Druid reveal? Really?

SkiTz.4590

It kind of hurts.

I wouldn’t say"every" aspect of the game but you’ve made your point I suppose. It’s still a fun class to play.

“most” aspects than… its a pretty good solo class, especially solo roaming in wvw/open world..thats about it thou.

Every class is fun to play, all depends on user preferences.
That doesn’t make it OK for anet to ignore thou…

No Druid reveal? Really?

SkiTz.4590

It kind of hurts.

What hurts is posts like this. First of all the ranger hasn’t been ignored. It hasn’t gotten what you wanted, maybe, but it’s not been ignored. I distinctly remember upgrades to things over the years. Even pet AI. Remember when pets used to aggro stuff even if you weren’t in aggro range. That doesn’t happen anymore. The F2 skill was improved. The longbow damage was improved.

The fact is, the ranger is much better than it was at launch but some people simply ignore that.

It’s not perfect, that’s true. It’s not as desired in dungeon parties by some people who think it’s not good enough. That’s also true.

But having at least one of every profession, and having played them all, I don’t think the ranger’s in as bad a place as you think.

Engineers complained for years about hobosacks. Necros complain about their minions.

At any rate, I have a whole lot less problems with rangers than you seem to…and yes I main one.

No class is completely and utterly ignored, but you know what he meant.

It’s definitely recieved a middle finger from anet more often than not.

Encyclopedia worth of feedback in the ranger CDI – anet responds with nothing. Literally they did the minimal possible effort after the CDI feedback.
There are several problems with pets that were never addressed.
The worst part is that all of these problems, and more, were brought up to ANet more times than can be counted. They’ve never gotten a response. They’ve never been fixed.

Giving rangers a few number tweaks and making pets from “dumber” to “dumb” isn’t exactly a fix….pets are still worse than necro minions AI… they also take 30% of the ranger DPS which gimps the ranger immensely and unfairly…

Every class has gotten better since release, that’s pretty obvious….

You can have little to no problems with the class, that doesn’t make it a fact… plenty of people believe ranger is in a bad spot, its evident everywhere, espeicially in forums/reddit…

You don’t see much if any in competitive PvP teams and tournaments.
Pretty useless in a WvW zerg other than clicking a targeting and spamming arrows…
Pretty useless compared to what other classes bring to the table in group support (PvE, WvW and PvP).

List goes on and on.
Believe its in a fine spot all you want. I don’t.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Zephyria.6103

Zephyria.6103

I saw it mentioned on twitter that they’re talking about the druid at twitchcon. Not sure on the accuracy of that but I’m sure Anet hasn’t forgotten an entire class. Someone had to be last, no matter how they arranged it.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: wetwillyhip.7254

wetwillyhip.7254

Was this thread really necessary? Some class has to be last in announcing all the class elite specs.

I don’t get it.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Was this thread really necessary? Some class has to be last in announcing all the class elite specs.

I don’t get it.

We are a month out from release and they still haven’t revealed the Druid.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

This should probably be shut or merged with that other thread. It’s kind of redundant.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I’m beginning to hope that they just delete the ranger from the game just to see all the rangers have a mental breakdown.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

That would be a funny April Fool’s joke actually.

Haha, and I say that as a ranger main.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

No ranger. Not no druid

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Any old school players that remembers the glory of the great monk strike in gw1? We all got together in one city and refused to play until we got our way. We got our way

No Druid reveal? Really?

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yeah, wouldn’t work here for two reasons. First no class is really necessary for anything.
And second, most everyone already excludes rangers from group stuff anyway, they’d all just celebrate.

No Druid reveal? Really?

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Any old school players that remembers the glory of the great monk strike in gw1? We all got together in one city and refused to play until we got our way. We got our way

It was a farce and nothing came of it. I’ll bet no one even remembers why it began in the first place.

Also, Lina, Alesia, and Mhenlo never went on strike.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690