No new hairstyles for Charr?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mushweed.4370

mushweed.4370

I wanted to see (finally) some new hairstyles for Charrs, but there are none?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

none for asura either is sad

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Did you check all the way along the list? The new ones for humans were added at the end of the list instead of the beginning, which threw me at first.

Admittedly I haven’t checked charr myself because my charr character is in the middle of Orr and I don’t want to bring him back to town just to look at hair.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Did you check all the way along the list? The new ones for humans were added at the end of the list instead of the beginning, which threw me at first.

Admittedly I haven’t checked charr myself because my charr character is in the middle of Orr and I don’t want to bring him back to town just to look at hair.

There was a post in reddit about this. Seems to be only human hair styles at this time.

I guess I’ll have to keep waiting for long hair styles for asura. :/

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

WTB Elonan Sylvari hair/faces :]

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: mushweed.4370

mushweed.4370

Charr has only like 2-3 realy hairstyles, the rest is rubbish. An now the class with most hairstyles gets even more. But I guess it’s like the Ele-Specilization. Anet has their favourites…

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Why would the other races have new hairstyles with the expansion when they have nothing to do with the new region?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Why would the other races have new hairstyles with the expansion when they have nothing to do with the new region?

Maybe the other races that are going to that region saw some new and interesting hairstyles and were inspired?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

Just humans have got new hairstyles / faces today…all other races got nothing…..i just want some new hairstyles….for the other races, i see that the today added hairstyles are for humans, because the new region has to do with them…but also: now i wonder: with HoT in the past……have they added new hairstyles / faces for sylvari and i dont have recordnized this…or is this the first time they add hairstyles / faces just for 1 race…….soo anet: pls add a second set, including humans and all other races, i can totally understand that you add today styles just for human….but i was running to the stylist with my sylvari just to see that there are none (ok, someone wrote in chat that there are new styles…and i never was thinking of, that they are just for 1 race…)…now i am waiting for new styles^^

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Because new faces and hairstyles are about offering diversity to all players, not about imaginary racial limits. Maybe you spect charr, asura, norn and sylvari player characters not to be admitted in the new areas because the problem is with a human god?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Ayrilana.1396

Because new faces and hairstyles are about offering diversity to all players, not about imaginary racial limits. Maybe you spect charr, asura, norn and sylvari player characters not to be admitted in the new areas because the problem is with a human god?

So when we go to the Charr homeland, humans will get new hairstyles based on the Charr there? If you played GW1, you would realize that, in that region, they are humans. There were no Sylvari, Charr, Norn, or Asura. Expect the same with Cantha.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

We need afro Chaars and cactus sylvari

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

So when we go to the Charr homeland, humans will get new hairstyles based on the Charr there?

Of course. If there is going to be new customization items in the makeover kit, there have to be some for everyone. It is just fair for the players.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Ayrilana.1396

So when we go to the Charr homeland, humans will get new hairstyles based on the Charr there?

If there is going to be new customization items in the makeover kit, there have to be some for everyone. It is just fair for the players.

Well yeah, they could always add more for other races. I was just explaining what may be the primary reason why they didn’t with this expansion.

Posted by: melociraptors.9835

melociraptors.9835

It makes a lot of sense to promote and put human hairstyles in place right now, mostly because the region we are going is heavily inspired by Africa/Egypt/Middle Eastern environments and culture. In addition, at least in GW1, humans there were a dominant race. I can understand them wanting to generate some early hype about returning to Elona with the ability to update a human character with more Elonan features before playing the expansion. This isn’t to say that new cosmetic features won’t be implemented for other races either sometime before the expansion is released or with additional game updates in the future.

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

To be fair, those hairstyles were badly needed for humans, and I say that as someone who does not in any way care for the humans in this game either visually or lore-wise. It was BS that you could put an afro on fricking asura but not on human women. And the setting of PoF also needs those new hairs and faces so all the Elonan NPCs won’t look like white people in cheap blackface.

On the other hand, the human bias in this game is obvious and annoying, and continuing to give them special treatment is not going to help encourage players to diversify more. The sylvari didn’t get an exclusive slew of new options for HoT. And can you imagine Anet giving the charr a list of such beautiful, thematic and non-anime-silly options? They sure could use it.

(edited by Chadramar.8156)