No new hairstyles yet? really?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

The last hair update was July of last year I think?
and it was a lazy effort since it just switched some of the hairs between races
so technically it wasn’t anything new except for sylvari, charr (which is always a joke) and Asura

I only hop on every other Tuesday to see if any interesting updates have occurred (but I really just want to know if Anet has released any new hair or faces that aren’t reskins)
I’m always a sucker for pretty things and I enjoy making my characters over – that is where I would usually lay most of my money if I were to spend it on anything in this game.
At the rate you pump out silly looking gliders and horrendous butt-capes , this should be no problem to squeeze out some hairs and faces with a patch for once.
Also can we get Caithe’s face already? We don’t have it yet, and a few NPCS do.

Attachments:

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I’d like to see some new hairstyles and faces too but then one sees that most of what they’ve created are never used. Most of the human hairstyles and faces look like little kiddie’s.

Maybe Anet will realize someday that there’s a lot of ADULT players who’d like for their chars to look like ADULTS.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’d love some of the human male hairstyles brought over to norn…male norn hairstyle are all hobo hairstyles.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

we’re getting 4 hair updates every year.. sheesh.. why do you want so many more?
can’t we have something else for a change?
beards, horns, ears, facial foliage, piercings, tattoos.. anything..
why are you complaining about hairstyles? the sea not big enough for you

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I am still waiting for these hairstyles, as some of NPCs also have already, so why can’t we players have them aswell?

NPCs such as Villagers from Lake Doric, White Mantle and others.

ANet, please... add these hairstyles!
Specially the last picture of the lady in that beautiful dress along with her hairstyle. I’ve been literally waiting for her hair and her outfit to be available for us players since BETA,

(I found these ’’bugged’’ hairstyles from dat_shaman and it seems like it’s for Norn and Human characters)

Attachments:

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Most games rarely if ever get new hairstyles so the fact that GW2 does them so frequently is definitely unusual. I feel like they should focus on other things.

But if they add anything to character creation, I want new face and body options. Give me prettier, more normal Sylvari female faces and bodies so I can really make it a pretty, elegant elf style plant thing. And add more cute faces and bodies to the Asura so I can truly make something cute that doesn’t look like a goblin rat thing.

I’d LOOOVVEE if they did that. Then I’d feel like we actually had more character creation options. I mean there IS a reason why there are so many Human Females out there.

They also need to add race changes into the shop. No reason why they can’t honestly. Just switch the story over to the new race’s story, maybe via player choice. Or don’t even, I don’t think it matters.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Most games rarely if ever get new hairstyles so the fact that GW2 does them so frequently is definitely unusual. I feel like they should focus on other things.

But if they add anything to character creation, I want new face and body options. Give me prettier, more normal Sylvari female faces and bodies so I can really make it a pretty, elegant elf style plant thing. And add more cute faces and bodies to the Asura so I can truly make something cute that doesn’t look like a goblin rat thing.

I’d LOOOVVEE if they did that. Then I’d feel like we actually had more character creation options. I mean there IS a reason why there are so many Human Females out there.

They also need to add race changes into the shop. No reason why they can’t honestly. Just switch the story over to the new race’s story, maybe via player choice. Or don’t even, I don’t think it matters.

Actually, its not just as simple as “switching it over”. Basically, from whats been explained, the coding for the PS is pretty much fubar and just about any time they make a change to it, something in it breaks. Its the main reason why its not re-playable (on a character that’s already finished it).
Anet’s been quite clear that “race change” will never be a thing.

Hate is Fuel.

(edited by The Greyhawk.9107)

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’d love Caithe’s face. Clearly, it’s not exclusive to just 1 NPC but several sylvari.
As far as hair & beards go, we do need better hairs & not something that just looked like it crawled out of a weeaboo art thread.

More culturally diverse hairstyles & beards.
Elonian & canthan hairstyles from GW1- those hairs, with abit of updating; will be perfect.

Please, give us decent beards & charr hair that doesn’t look silly. Anet, add accessories to charr hairstyles like feathers, more bones, sticks, jewelery in their hair.

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

NEED.NEW.FACIAL.HAIR.MOAR!!!

Posted by: Anirri.4156

Anirri.4156

i would like some LONG hair options for female asura like what human has.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’ve been asking for these for a while now.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

we’re getting 4 hair updates every year.. sheesh.. why do you want so many more? can’t we have something else for a change?

Really? Becouse last time i checked ANet just made some excisting hairstyles available for other races. I dont see how that is new. Regardless it is acceptable i geus ….Although on a second tought… The styles for asura and charr where simply terrible. Esspecially for males. Pretty sure most people would agree here.

I’ve been asking for these for a while now.

I second that. But i wish to see them on males too. Like the ssj3 kinda thing from DBZ :p

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

I want a human face that smiles like the sylvari do and doesnt always have resting b***h face.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

I would love the Norn female’s long ponytail for Human characters. I’m using a long hairstyle now but the flower accessory is meh.

Attachments:

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

With so many more important urgent needs you complain about estetics? New hair really?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

With so many more important urgent needs you complain about estetics? New hair really?

It’s perfectly OK for you to not care about aesthetics, but there is no need to be that person, standing there yelling at someone that they are not allowed to care about anything you don’t.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

I want a human face that smiles like the sylvari do and doesnt always have resting b***h face.

Female human faces are just grim. Pouting, frowning, angry, not a happy one to be found. Not one of them appeals to me fully either. I wish we at least had more control over mouth shapes, like we do eyes, and we could determine for ourselves whether our characters frown, smile, or neither.

Khailyn.6248

Female human faces are just grim. Pouting, frowning, angry, not a happy one to be found. Not one of them appeals to me fully either. I wish we at least had more control over mouth shapes, like we do eyes, and we could determine for ourselves whether our characters frown, smile, or neither.

lol. i dont personally see it , but ive been told my characters look arrogant or smug. so i can see where youre coming from with this.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yes.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Would welcome any new faces/hairstyles. Also I wish they would add black + white accessory hair dye options, they did really good with the new colors.

Posted by: Lumpy Forehead.2193

Lumpy Forehead.2193

Talking about adult hairstyles, I want all the hairstyle on the Norwood scale chart to be in the game

Khailyn.6248

New hair styles means hair style makeover and total makeover kits bought, which means money coming in. This should be a bigger thing.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would love for new female Charr hairstyles that aren’t really strange looking, like that hairmushroom on top of the head.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Amaimon.7823

New hair styles means hair style makeover and total makeover kits bought, which means money coming in. This should be a bigger thing.

At this stage, I see more calls for horns, beards and ears than hairstyles, so if money is what we need, I’d suggest anet make those first. Especially since those could only be accessed by full makeover kits instead of hair style kits

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

At this stage, I see more calls for horns, beards and ears than hairstyles, so if money is what we need, I’d suggest anet make those first. Especially since those could only be accessed by full makeover kits instead of hair style kits

Totally agree.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Khailyn.6248

Totally agree.

It’s all good stuff. I’m sure there are lots of viking style beards that norn could use.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I like that they’re making more of the hairstyles interchangeable between the Norns and Humans. I’d love for my humans to have access to that awesome Norn braid.

One thing I would really appreciate, is if they would go back to some of the old hairstyles and improve them. An example would be that really long Norn ponytail, that likes to stab through female Norns.

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

Afro/Elonian hair for human women,
African/Elonian faces for human men;
their first appearence will be for when?

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.

Amaimon.7823

Totally agree.

It’s all good stuff. I’m sure there are lots of viking style beards that norn could use.

yes
the norn need more beards
not the humans
I totally agree

<[This user was banned for overloading the sarcasm filters of the forum]>

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

Totally agree.

yes
the norn need more beards
not the humans
I totally agree

<[This user was banned for overloading the sarcasm filters of the forum]>

Afro-textured facial hair for black humans hasn’t been done yet.

It’s kinda problematic to have only straight-haired beards to fully cover up bulging European chins.

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

It’s kinda problematic to have only straight-haired beards to fully cover up bulging European chins.

You really come across as having a chip on your shoulder, among other things.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Give Humans Tattoos!

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I want some Goku hair, but for humans/norns/asura/sylvari and not just charr.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

I like that they’re making more of the hairstyles interchangeable between the Norns and Humans. I’d love for my humans to have access to that awesome Norn braid.

One thing I would really appreciate, is if they would go back to some of the old hairstyles and improve them. An example would be that really long Norn ponytail, that likes to stab through female Norns.

The interchangeability of hair would help alot of things, I agree about humans having more access to the long (really long) hair that norns have available to them.