No one fights Underwater Bosses

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drake Brimstone.3706

Drake Brimstone.3706

I’m an elementalist, I’ve fought underwater enough to know just how powerfull I am underwater. There are mobs I wouldn’t even contemplate attacking on my own on land that I annialate in the water. Seriously, the Water Attunement in Water rocks! I got a heal that hurts the enemy and makes them sink… away from me while healing me and allies, my auto attack isn’t too bad damage wise, Ice Wall is great for getting me away from them briefly AND doing a good amount of damage. and Title Wave, dang that does alot of damage AND it heals allies! Our elite Whirlpool can wipe fairly large groups of normal mobs underwater in seconds.

My guess is, the biggest problem with underwater combat is peoples lack of pratice.

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

I really like the underwater areas, but it’s a lot easier to die down there. It appears most people have realized that and and don’t go underwater unless they absolutely have to. And because there’s so few people underwater, when you do die, you’re not likely to get revived, which is doubly discouraging. There’s some balancing that needs to be done and until that occurs it doesn’t seem like the underwater areas are going to be as popular as they deserve to be.

Posted by: spreadsheets.9805

spreadsheets.9805

I just dislike underwater combat, especially as an elementalist. It’s so annoying to have all the mechanics you built your character around (auras, Combo Fields and Finishers) taken away from you when you enter the water.

I understand that combos might be hard to implement underwater and that some skills don’t really work there, but the way it is right now, with a lot of skills/mechanics just disabled without any replacement, underwater combat feels exactly the way ArenaNet said they didn’t want: tacked on, a gimmick that takes up too much of the game.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I take on every underwater boss I come across, in fact the giant crab boss in the Asura starting area is one of my favorite fights.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

I just don’t like underwater combat. As a Warrior, I either get a weapon I can’t use most of the time (melee), or the weakest weapon imaginable.

What makes it unforgiveable is how much health everything has. It’d be fine if I could mow through things. I’d want to go into the water. It’d be refreshing, after all the undead. But nope. Harder in many ways. Plus you don’t get access to some skills, and if your build hinged somewhat on your weapon, you lose that too. It’s just too irritating. Like many things in this game, it’s a lot of work for no payout whatsoever – more likely cheated into a death or two to drain your money off.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

great with my engineer, sucks with every other class I’ve tried.

Posted by: CrystalKnight.3619

CrystalKnight.3619

i dislike water combat because speargun on ranger main attack is bleed based. and i use power/vit/toughness armor so my damage output underwater lacks, spear is amazing but i like using ranged being a ranger.

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

Whilst I do see a lot of people complaining about the underwater combat I think it’s one of the better mechanics I’ve seen. Whilst ranged combat is a lot easier underwater then melee I still don’t see why so many people complain about it.

In regards to few people attacking an underwater boss it’s just because there’s noone else around. If you start a fight with an underwater boss by yourself and people see it, I’m sure they’re gonna help.

Posted by: CrystalKnight.3619

CrystalKnight.3619

risen megadolon is op. no one ever kills that thing on HOD, that and eye of zhaitan.. it has been killed but is definitely one of the least completed orr event.

Posted by: Actracts.1389

Actracts.1389

Because I’m tired of getting mobbed everytime I try to approach an underwater Boss/DE. Not to mention, a good portion of my U. Skills are disabled, most of which I’m accustomed to using in a Boss/Mob situation.

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

i think too many people have difficulty with underwater combat and don’t improve (since it’s relatively optional). people do though…they’re just not out there in the water already usually. there was a ton of dudes doing the shark at ft trinity last night when i was there.