No one is gushing about the star item?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

It’s basically a cheaper Mawdrey II. I can’t wait to go on a JP train with my guild to get all these ornaments.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve been enjoying using it. Sweet, sweet bank space. Though it won’t detect the stars in my bank, so I have to nab enough into my bags for it to nosh on. The ornaments themselves are rather nice as well, I’ll have to find lesser alts to use those, and I do like having a Wintersday tree. If only it weren’t in the smithy in Salma …. that just seems an odd place, I’d love it in a yard in the noble area.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

do i love it? yep

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’ve been enjoying using it. Sweet, sweet bank space. Though it won’t detect the stars in my bank, so I have to nab enough into my bags for it to nosh on. The ornaments themselves are rather nice as well, I’ll have to find lesser alts to use those, and I do like having a Wintersday tree. If only it weren’t in the smithy in Salma …. that just seems an odd place, I’d love it in a yard in the noble area.

I’ve been wanting it since Mawdrey came out…. So, yes, I’m loving it as well! It’ll take me at least a month to get rid of all my emperial junk…

About the tree, check out were they placed it in the Black Citadel…. (I expected it to be placed inside the orphanage in Divinity….)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The star is awesome, as is the tree. I don’t have as many of the stars as I do the blooddust, but Mawdrey II was in my “won’t/can’t do” range. The star’s a nice second take on it, though. MUCH more accessable and fair to those that are getting “rewarded” with ascended crafting stuff that they’ll never use.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’m split. A long time back a dev told us to not delete ascended mats b/c they be useful in the future, but they add up so fast that they clog inventories and bank space. Mawdrey and the Star are nice, but really do not properly address the oversupply of these materials. They need another sink that is not either capped at a low daily level and/or not tied to things like t6 mats. I do like the quests/scavenger hunts associated with them though.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Meh. It’s a step up from just trashing the fragments, sure, but I’m not going to get too excited about a bunch of green salvage loot and vendor junk.

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

o.O what star item?

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Meh. It’s a step up from just trashing the fragments, sure, but I’m not going to get too excited about a bunch of green salvage loot and vendor junk.

I wouldn’t call it a step up, but a huge jump up. From being even more worthless than junk items, they suddenly increased in worth by an endless amount…

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

mawdrey drop table includes vision crystals, not really vendor junk, but definitely is rare (among other ascended things)

anyone get lucky and poop out a vision crystal or similar from the star yet?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

oh, you meant the generous gift (star of gratitude). it’s actually pretty useful, i had a ton of Empyreal Fragment. now they’re being used… finally.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Just got it about 20 mins ago (after checking this thread), now just gotta wait for something to ’nom on excess dragonite ore :p

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It doesn’t make a huge difference to me because I wasn’t one of the people filling my bank and alts with ascended crafting mats – I keep 15 of the bricks/stars/ingots and 250 raw (because that’s what fits in a materials tab) and then I was deleting all the rest.

But I do prefer being able to swap extra fragments for useful things, instead of just deleting them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s, by far, my favorite item from this year’s Wintersday. I’ve actually gotten as rare item from it. Hope they add something like this from the other shards and ore as well.

Been hoarding them from the start and now, finally, I have a use for them.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Vas.7306

Vas.7306

I got an Azurite Orb from the 2nd generosity gift I opened, so…yeah its pretty excellent!

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

The star is awesome, as is the tree. I don’t have as many of the stars as I do the blooddust, but Mawdrey II was in my “won’t/can’t do” range. The star’s a nice second take on it, though. MUCH more accessable and fair to those that are getting “rewarded” with ascended crafting stuff that they’ll never use.

The only reason why I was motivated to start making Mawdrey was because of Mawdrey II. Surprisingly, it wasn’t that difficult to make (costed 40-50g for 2 clay pots, the heat stone and firefox clusters), the scavenger hunt was actually fun to do with a friend, and this will be my first ever ascended back-piece Coming from a hard-core PvPer/WvWer, don’t give up on it!

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I missed something I see, what star item is this?

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m not going gush over it, but I’m now sort of considering to make Mawdrey II.

Well, maybe. In a casual sort of way.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Google gw2 wiki star of gratitude (I would link but on my phone)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Google gw2 wiki star of gratitude (I would link but on my phone)

Thanks

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I am! I like it.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

While I don’t have nearly as many fragments as Dragonite Ore or Bloodstone Dust, the Star is still pretty exciting. I haven’t yet bitten the bullet on making Mawdrey, but this has me excited to see what they do with Dragonite Ore.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

mawdrey drop table includes vision crystals, not really vendor junk, but definitely is rare (among other ascended things)

anyone get lucky and poop out a vision crystal or similar from the star yet?

I did get a minor vision crystal out of Mawdrey and gotten some fairly decent crafting materials out of the star so far. I like both. Now I need something to take care of all the Dragonite ore as I am drowning in that as well.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I like it, yes. I like mawdry too, and I can’t wait for the dragonite ore one.

My one issue is they need to be able to consume more than a stack a day. I get more than that in a day

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It is very useful. Slowly it will make room in my bank.

It is pretty too.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I have yet to finish Mawdrey due to Fractals apprehension. I should really get on that one day. The dust never stops coming. :P

But I’m grateful for the Star. Been happily using up my excess Empyreal Frags. Rewards from it haven’t been too amazing. But I’m not complaining one bit. And the “quest” for it was fun.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This item made me look at again at making Mawdrey II, but the time gating just made my eyes glaze over, and I closed that window.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

There have been other threads,

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I hope there is a Dragonite Ore version soon. There seem to be two types of players, ones with an overabundance of Empyreal Frags and others with an overabundance of Dragonite. I’m in the second camp, I’ve always had to scrounge for Empyreals because I hate every option to collect them (save for the WvW methods).

I have yet to finish Mawdrey due to Fractals apprehension. I should really get on that one day. The dust never stops coming. :P

Same here, I’d rather stick my finger in socket than do Fractals with that annoying JP content, but there’s no other way to get the bloody Pristines. At least when the Fractal daily comes up, that will make getting them quicker and require less time in FotM.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Ah the Star of Gratitude, you’ve given me a reason to work on Maudrey II.
I have to run through a few things I don’t care for, plus spend gold getting other stuff as a short cut, but ultimately I’ll appreciate the bank space.

Now I wish ANet would deliver unto us a Dragonite version with the level of difficulty that the Star had, but not Maudrey II level.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

trading garbage that has no use, for garbage you can sell, more bag space – priceless

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

trading garbage that has no use, for garbage you can sell, more bag space – priceless

Anet listened to their players request for something to do with some ascended crafting materials by making a cool scavenger hunt and item.

Inevitably there were going to be complaints though… Clearly there are those who are unable to do otherwise.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I hope there is a Dragonite Ore version soon.

Everyone in my guild who has played more than 500 hours is waiting for the one that eats Dragonite (including myself as I have already over 325 dragonite bricks sitting in the bank).

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Um, it’s a cheaper Mawdrey II for those who can stomach Jumping Puzzles…but like M2, it’s woefully ill-equipped to handle the task at hand.

Come on! 3-6 stacks of 50 a day? And Mawdrey 2 costs about 100-150 gold in mats to craft. SoG maybe be “cheaper” but it still is just as anemic.

Just let me put four stacks of this crap in the Mystic Toilet for RNG rewards already!

Problem solved.

Attachments:

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Anet listened to their players request for something to do with some ascended crafting materials by making a cool scavenger hunt and item.

Inevitably there were going to be complaints though… Clearly there are those who are unable to do otherwise.

you read my post as a complaint? It was not.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Just let me put four stacks of this crap in the Mystic Toilet for RNG rewards already!

Problem solved.

I’d be down for that.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

you read my post as a complaint? It was not.

Fair enough. I am glad they made it and hope there is one for Dragonite also.

Palador.2170

Um, it’s a cheaper Mawdrey II for those who can stomach Jumping Puzzles…but like M2, it’s woefully ill-equipped to handle the task at hand.

Come on! 3-6 stacks of 50 a day? And Mawdrey 2 costs about 100-150 gold in mats to craft. SoG maybe be “cheaper” but it still is just as anemic.

Problem solved.

I think that the SoG is for more casual players (like me) that never intend to even touch Ascended crafting. SoG was a good, fun item to earn and we don’t have stack after stack to dispose of.

Mawdrey 2 was… poorly done. For the more casual players, it was expensive enough that it was still better to just scrap the bloodstone dust rather than try to make this thing.

I think they want the more serious players that have stack upon stack of these items to go ahead and plunge into crating Ascended, that’s why the items can’t handle disposing of all that much.

(For what it’s worth, I have the SoG and I love it. I had a lot more bloodstone dust, though, and after looking at what it takes to make Mawdrey 2 I just destroyed it all. Seriously, not worth it.)

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Problem solved.

It goes faster than you might htink though, (about) a stack a day.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Got a vision crystal out of mine last night so can’t complain. Not that I actually have any need for a vision crystal, but hey there may be precursor crafting some day…

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m grateful even though I don’t think I ever posted and said so. It was cheap and easy to make, eats items I would be deleting and gives me something I can sell or salvage. What’s not to like.

I didn’t make Mawbrey as the price was higher than I wanted to spend. Now if they would only make cheap eaters of Dragonite and Bloodstone dust I would be (mildly) ecstatic.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It actually motivated me to make Mawdrey II. They are both quite useful.

The star gave me 2 Azurite orbs so far – so that’s pretty good.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s a useful item indeed, but I for one have not had anything remotely good from it, just blues and greens and junk. So it’s given me some “free” coin that is always welcome.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

For the sake of completion, we need one for dragonite ore. As for how much material can be consumed, I think a limit is there because of the potential to influence certain item markets since the items can be salvaged. I wouldn’t mind seeing the consumption limit increased to a fixed amount of two stacks though. To me, one stack is too little, while three stacks seems too much so two stacks seems right.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I got my star. I don’t have Mawdrey since I just won’t do over half of anything required, it’s unreachable. But made me think that if there could be an easier to get item and one more difficult, difference with how much ascended materials the items can eat and what the rewards are.

I’m glad about the star since empyreal fragments are the only things I can really get, from JPs. (I don’t like doing events)
I think I only have less than 10 stacks of fragments at any case.

Maybe I’ll just use all my dust for cooking. :P (Believe!)

let the sky fall

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Thing with Mawdry is you get a unique skin, an ascended back (usually costs 15 damask + other crap) and the dust eater.

That’s why it’s so expensive, you actualyl get a ton with the package

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I mostly agree but I’ve gotten more exotics from Mawdrey than I would have from drops in the same time span.

Palador.2170

Thing with Mawdry is you get a unique skin, an ascended back (usually costs 15 damask + other crap) and the dust eater.

That’s why it’s so expensive, you actually get a ton with the package

The problem is that the people that are most likely viewing dust as a “worthless” reward are the ones that are also least able/likely to jump through the hoops to get Mawdry.

They need a separate dust disposal item, or a second way to get JUST the dust eating version.

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Yesterday I didn’t play much because my video card died so I plugged in an old one. I only got about 440 empyreal fragments. So the star is better than nothing. It was cheap and easy to get.

Mawdrey II seems very expensive in comparison. I’m inclined to delete the exotic vine and the seed, to save inventory along with the bloodstone dust.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The SoG gives Azurite Orbs?? Well, well, well… Very interesting. Still, probably too small a drop in the ocean of supply to really affect prices.