No update today???

No update today???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

we should promote more ideas for stuff to do rather than complain about not having stuff to do.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/suggestion-Gnashblade-Coin-Extravaganza/first#post5058562

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

No update today???

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

I thought you might still not understand me so I thought to post a list explaining that I meant this article: http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-planning-a-two-week-update-schedule/

And that this was announced by anet and has been ever since which you can look up here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates

Then I realized that may 2014 was one of the very few exemptions and there was a good reason for it. So I figured that it is hopefully the same reason like last year. If that’s not the case and the byweekly updates/fixes are now since yesterday just silently gone then I really whish that any anet staff would have at least written one line somewhere like “this week no update” or “we gave up the byweekly update system”….

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

No update today???

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought you might still not understand me so I thought to post a list explaining that I meant this article: http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-planning-a-two-week-update-schedule/

And that this was announced by anet and has been ever since which you can look up here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates

Then I realized that may 2014 was one of the very few exemptions and there was a good reason for it. So I figured that it is hopefully the same reason like last year. If that’s not the case and the byweekly updates/fixes are now since yesterday just silently gone then I really whish that any anet staff would have at least written one line somewhere like “this week no update” or “we gave up the byweekly update system”….

No update Aug. 26th, 2014. No update Sept. 23rd (delayed until Sept. 30th), 2014. No update Oct. 14th (delayed until Oct. 30th), 2014. No update Dec. 30th, 2014. No update Mar. 10th (it was delayed until Mar. 16th), 2015…etc.

As much as I enjoyed the (announced) bi-weekly updates, I am afraid they were not always every two weeks.

No update today???

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Oh, you mean this old MMO?
It’s got daily updates

It’s a kittening kitten to grind though.

And that one life limitation….

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

No update today???

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

was a bit disappointed given May is Jenna’s Jubilee, I hope it won’t pass by uncelebrated.

I would love to farm for a lyssa backpiece recipe in queens gauntlet

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

No update today???

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Time to do something else… I hear the weather is improving outside.. I may even venture out to that scary place.

It’s got daily updates

I think there’s false advertising in that MMO. No monthly fee? That’s a flat out lie.

No update today???

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Time to do something else… I hear the weather is improving outside.. I may even venture out to that scary place.

It’s got daily updates

It is literally the worst game ever. permanent death, full loot, no balance, corrupt game masters, eternal grind with no visible progress and you get weaker the longer you play it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

No update today???

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

The thing is, we’d expect them to have released the blog post about the Necro specialization and have some minor patch with fixes and removing portal drops, which they said would be leaving this week.

It’s not Tuesday anymore and nothing. It’s understandable some players are confused.

No update today???

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t expect a blog post until tomorrow. They always seem to drop them on Thursdays.

No update today???

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s got daily updates

It is literally the worst game ever. permanent death, full loot, no balance, corrupt game masters, eternal grind with no visible progress and you get weaker the longer you play it.

In addition, to reach endgame you have to die and when you die you are stripped of all your gear, gold, and loot and it goes to your guildies. If you broke TOS while playing and don’t make a formal apology to the Dev, he will make your endgame hell.

Who thought of these rules? >.>

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

No update today???

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

gem store was updated, have fun with it

What if I already own all these old skins?

Buy a new account and you get to enjoy starting all over again!

I’m really irritated that there is absolutely nothing new today. It’s not like we had much content the last few weeks either.

Weeks? We’re talking about months. Wasn’t the last update Lunar New Year (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lunar_New_Year) and that was in February and it consisted of some old content.

So . . . how are we loving the expansion so far?

Living Story! Don’t give me small pieces of regular content XD
Expansion! Give me some regular content XD

Yeah, I know. Still don’t like it much, you know those illogical human emotions and all. Would love a combination of the two, so we could get some content while they work on expansion content… but there I am going about with my flights of fancy.

At this point, Bellinda’s Greatsword and Rox’s Quiver might as well just stay in the store permanently.

they need content for july…

Do I hear some sarcasm and disappointment about Anets update strategy?

Of course. I never wanted an expansion. I was fine with easy peasy 2 week living story updates, 1 or 2 days to play it and back to wvw. But pve veterans were crying for moar content and an expansion. Now they got it.

Not only did Anet stop giving us some content every couple of weeks, they even make us pay for it. Cant blame them, though, the community asked for it.

May you live in interesting times.
May you come to the attention of those in authority.
And most importantly (and relevant if somewhat paraphrased): May your wishes come true.

was a bit disappointed given May is Jenna’s Jubilee, I hope it won’t pass by uncelebrated.

Jennas 10 year jubilee was in august 2013, considering that she didnt celebrate the 11th year jubilee, i doubt she will celebrate her 12th year, either.
Ask again in 3 or 8 years.

Darn you Jenna! A half decent monarch would have regular celebrations going on throughout the year long forcing the peasants to pay for the opulence through harsh taxation and borderline slavery! Now them Krytan nobility…
Out with Jenna! In with the Ministry!

It’s got daily updates

I hear the save system is broken, so when you die you can’t reload.

No update today???

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

You wanted updates, there ya go.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

No update today???

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

— — -- — -- — -- — -- — -- — -- — -- —

Gem store was updated, have fun with it

— — -- — -- — -- — -- — -- — -- — -- —

No update today???

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

My biggest gripe is that gems are getting stupidly expensive. Just now I checked and it’s 78g for 400 gems. It’s outrageous. So now I’m just sitting on gold that I want to buy gems with because the price is out of control. Super fun. =/

No update today???

Just a flesh wound.3589

My biggest gripe is that gems are getting stupidly expensive. Just now I checked and it’s 78g for 400 gems. It’s outrageous. So now I’m just sitting on gold that I want to buy gems with because the price is out of control. Super fun. =/

It’s also $5€ for 400 gems. Not exactly a great financial burden for most people. Gold to gems is a perk, not the intended way for most people to support the game.

ANet may give it to you.

No update today???

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You wanted updates, there ya go.

I couldnt play the new content for the best part of this day, though, was completely broken.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

No update today???

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

It’s got daily updates

i hear the graphics are awesome but the gameplay sucks.

No update today???

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

It’s got daily updates

Don’t believe the hype, it’s complete and utter trash…I’d never adventure there myself.

No update today???

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i wonder if i should try tera, its on steam now. but 28gb download is terrifying.

No update today???

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Yep thanks so much to all those who screamed and pouted for a “classic” expansion model.

No update today???

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

i wonder if i should try tera, its on steam now. but 28gb download is terrifying.

Well if you include this game and all the updates, patches and future expack, Tera is nothing..assuming you have the space for it.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

No update today???

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

You are completely oversimplifying, as is Ardenwolf.

Players didn’t like the LS because of the horrendously long breaks after only a few episodes while the episodes themselves were incredibly lackluster in terms of actual content. Either they make short episodes like they did while sticking to a non stop 2 week schedule for at least half a year or make the individual episodes much longer and content rich; what we got was a pretty bad joke.

As for now, you’re acting as if content updates while an add-on is being developed are completely unreasonable. Why do you think that, if I may ask?
I know another AAA MMO that has released multiple rather big content patches while developing an expansion that launches next month.

One question: How is everyone liking no updates with no timetable or release date for the expansion?

I’ll take some updates as opposed to no updates any day. Especially free updates to boot. Every two week or less than a month? That’s the complaint? How about no real content since January?

That’s kind of the point of this thread for those who apparently missed it. Is that overly simple? Maybe. But it also has the merit of being 100% true.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

No update today???

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You are completely oversimplifying, as is Ardenwolf.

Players didn’t like the LS because of the horrendously long breaks after only a few episodes while the episodes themselves were incredibly lackluster in terms of actual content. Either they make short episodes like they did while sticking to a non stop 2 week schedule for at least half a year or make the individual episodes much longer and content rich; what we got was a pretty bad joke.

As for now, you’re acting as if content updates while an add-on is being developed are completely unreasonable. Why do you think that, if I may ask?
I know another AAA MMO that has released multiple rather big content patches while developing an expansion that launches next month.

One question: How is everyone liking no updates with no timetable or release date for the expansion?

I’ll take some updates as opposed to no updates any day. Especially free updates to boot. Every two week or less than a month? That’s the complaint? How about no real content since January?

That’s kind of the point of this thread for those who apparently missed it. Is that overly simple? Maybe. But it also has the merit of being 100% true.

Personally I like the concept of the living world more than the standard MMO boxed expansion approach.

That said, I cannot honestly say that I found the execution of the LS concept to be of much merit. A free tidbit of content every two weeks that actively discourages me from playing the game is actually worse than no content additions at all to me.

No update today???

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Keep teasing the oasis and we’re all going to starve in the desert.

No update today???

Posted by: shaman.1938

shaman.1938

I’m really irritated that there is absolutely nothing new today. It’s not like we had much content the last few weeks either.

there is a lot of talk about this and many think it has a lot to do with the XPAC and that they are busy with it so no updates BUT then again wasn’t that the point of living world?

;)

No update today???

Just a flesh wound.3589

They said something interesting in one of the HoM bug threads and I think it touches on the lack of even rereleased old content.

source

(snip)
Unfortunately, this came at a time where our resources are tapped to the max, so it’s taking longer than we would like to fix this. (snip)

It sounds to me like the expansion is taking all they have to get done in a timely manner.

ANet may give it to you.

No update today???

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

They said something interesting in one of the HoM bug threads and I think it touches on the lack of even rereleased old content.

source

(snip)
Unfortunately, this came at a time where our resources are tapped to the max, so it’s taking longer than we would like to fix this. (snip)

It sounds to me like the expansion is taking all they have to get done in a timely manner.

well they should just enable sab then ,its already in the game.

No update today???

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Players in 2014: We don’t like these fortnightly updates, give us an expansion!

Players in 2015: We don’t want to wait for the expansion, give us fortnightly updates!

Wrong.
Players in 2014: We thought an expansion was being developed by an A-team alongside living story.
Players in 2015: We thought it was nearly complete by now.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

No update today???

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

source

(snip)

well they should just enable sab then ,its already in the game.

By ressources I would assume that they also use all their server space for HoT development and dont have enough to open SAB.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

No update today???

Stark.1350

You can’t just abandon the regular game while working on an expansion.

No update today???

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

You can’t just abandon the regular game while working on an expansion.

ANet seem to disagree

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

No update today???

Stark.1350

Wonder if there will be an update this Tuesday.

No update today???

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Is it my imagination or are there slight differences in Lion’s Arch now?

That could be the case though. I have been jetlagged by 3 hours all week for DrupalCon.

No update today???

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Players in 2014: We don’t like these fortnightly updates, give us an expansion!

Players in 2015: We don’t want to wait for the expansion, give us fortnightly updates!

Wrong.
Players in 2014: We thought an expansion was being developed by an A-team alongside living story.
Players in 2015: We thought it was nearly complete by now.

Yeah hopefully they can do both at some point, like make expansions for the future but still have at least monthly updates to the living world. Does not always need to be fortnightly.

No update today???

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I’m still sad that we don’t get one time events like the Karka…

No update today???

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

If the daydreamer outfit had a fusion between male and female I’d buy it for my charr. Not fond of the male version so that’s one outfit I ain’t buying.

Pineapples

No update today???

Posted by: Mcfrumpy.9385

Mcfrumpy.9385

I haven’t played GW2 regularly for more then a year.. I didn’t get in to the Living Story all that much and got burned out on Fractals. My friends from work though pretty much played every night up until about 2 months ago. I honestly never thought they would stop playing, but even they said without new content they were getting bored. I understand they can’t doing anymore more living story, but even a new Super Adventure Box, maybe a replay of a past event. I know these guys would be back for that.

I might not play this game very much, but that doesn’t mean I still don’t love it. I honestly can’t wait for the expansion to come out and I know my friends will be back once it comes out. We read and watch all the updates, but if you told a couple months back that these guys wouldn’t be playing very much I wouldn’t have believed you. They just need to throw the current players something different.

No update today???

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I haven’t played GW2 regularly for more then a year.. I didn’t get in to the Living Story all that much and got burned out on Fractals. My friends from work though pretty much played every night up until about 2 months ago. I honestly never thought they would stop playing, but even they said without new content they were getting bored. I understand they can’t doing anymore more living story, but even a new Super Adventure Box, maybe a replay of a past event. I know these guys would be back for that.

I might not play this game very much, but that doesn’t mean I still don’t love it. I honestly can’t wait for the expansion to come out and I know my friends will be back once it comes out. We read and watch all the updates, but if you told a couple months back that these guys wouldn’t be playing very much I wouldn’t have believed you. They just need to throw the current players something different.

I’m fine with the “content drought” because it is giving me a chance to get all of the things I’ve been trying to work on but haven’t be enable to get because they keep putting out new things. I am loving the content break so much.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”