Not enough icy armor pieces/outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grave.9258

Grave.9258

Hey guys dont you think that there is way much more items with a fire motive? Flame set from a.points, flame set for gems, armor pieces from CoF, Balthaar back piece. And what about the icy items? As for now I know the only head piece with icy motive and it`s from achievment for something done in gw1. It`s only 1 item and i mean only armor pieces cuz there is a lot of icy weapons but I can not see any outfits that I can wear with my Frostfang.
And for those who say there is recently added outfit on witersday event, it`s winter motive not ice.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Agreed, I want some ice armor. Or lightning armor. Or anything besides more fire / magma.

Ice in particular makes a lot more sense than fire armor anyway, since ice can actually protect you to some degree.

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

A quick and easy way to partially address this would be to allow the flames themselves to be dyed on the fire armor sets. So you could have blue or white flames that would look kind of frost/cold based.

A more complex idea (aside from just making a frost-themed armor, of course) would be to have some armor sets where you could change the elemental effect of the armor (flames, frost, air zephyrs, dust cloud, that butterfly/flower mesmer aura, some sort of shadow effect, etc).

By the way, the word you’re looking for is “motif”… not “motive”. ;-)

Posted by: Grave.9258

Grave.9258

@up Well I need to lvl up my english if you know what i mean but still, you understood what i wanted to say

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Everything right now is either fire / jungle theme. Wait till Jormag starts getting wrekt by the zerg trains.

Posted by: Kortas.7345

Kortas.7345

Totally agree with you. We need more ice Armor!
I would love if ANet made this armor obtainable for the players but that will probably come when we get a new Icebrood/Jormag themed Dungeon or something like that.

On another note I would generally love armors that would let us look like dragonminions. We are allready kind of able to look like a Destroyer with the Hellfire Armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: GiraffeRampage.6420

GiraffeRampage.6420

I agree but not just ice, theres a TON of other themes that could be added to make skins look more flashy like lighting, moving parts on the skin, particle effects etc.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I want more Earth and thunder armor instead.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Agree, we need more elements embedded into armor designs, lightning, wind, ice, darkness, earth etc.

Even blue frame is better than plain red fire theme.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Yes…. Ice armor please!
no fur coats or hats to protect you from cold….

Armor made of cold to embrace it!

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I would love to see more elemental oriented pieces as well. It does seem there is heavily a lot of fire stuff.

Outside of weapons I guess there is really few “icy” looking armor skins around that I think about it. Would be nice to see.

I’d love to see more Earth element oriented things myself. Though I imagine more plant/earthy things will come into play in HoT so I can’t really say much for that (still holding out for a nice green planty staff outside of warden stuff/ancient walking stick).