Static field and out of range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leggend.7219

Leggend.7219

Hi guys, since lastest patch i’ve noticed a strange behaviour from our Static Field
Its very important in wvw and now it seems to be affected by range even after i cast it

When i cast, it should land on the ground and stun who pass it (except who has stability).

Before patch i could cast it and go away and his effect keep going until it disappears, so even if i blink away i see damage and peoople being stunned.
Now i see a lot of out of range when i stay 1200 away from him, so i must stay around my static to stun who pass it.

Its very frustating because this ruins my style of play (and others good ele) and ruins how i can help my guild with CC.

Is this a bug or an intentiol nerf? some Dev could clarify this strange behaviour pls? frozen ground doen’t seems to be affected by this problem and neither unsteady ground.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

What?! Better be a bug…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Sounds like a bug to me. We’ll check it out.
In the meantime, I’d also suggest putting this sort of bug report on the bug report section as well. Thanks for the heads up!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs
Cheers,
-Karl

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Sir Mclain you honour us! Two messages in four days is a lot more attention than we are getting used to

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Keep in mind they are not allowed to discuss certain thing =)

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hm

Yes I know, but it’s just good to actually see signs of attention from time to time. It’s probably childish but with the amount of suggestions (hint) that are being put out on this forum in posts, threads, signatures (hint), we just want to feel like we are being heard. It’s just good for the soul!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leggend.7219

Leggend.7219

Sounds like a bug to me. We’ll check it out.
In the meantime, I’d also suggest putting this sort of bug report on the bug report section as well. Thanks for the heads up!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs
Cheers,
-Karl

Thank you for your answer, i will report this in the bug report section, i’ll try to take some screenshoot if it will happen again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

While you’re akitten could you also PLEASE look into the bug that causes Dragon’s Tooth to miss if the caster is CC’d after the tooth appears but before it falls? It’s really frustrating.

And also please fix Phoenix so it can return to the caster when used on a target above/below the caster.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

While you’re at it, could you also PLEASE look into the bug that causes Dragon’s Tooth to miss if the caster is CC’d after the tooth appears but before it falls? It’s really frustrating.

Yes, the triple price phase I call it:
1- Cast Time Phase – the actual cast time of this skill
2- Delay Phase – The fall delay of the skill
3- Dodge Phase – Dodge to avoid blind or cc/ until the tooth lands

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)