Opinions on the Largo Race!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Playing as a Djinn would be really silly. Just not sentient enough (if free spirited).

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dehjah

Cough. Cough.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

The Djinn are intelligent beings – but playing as them wouldn’t make sense.
They’re meant to be extremely powerful and they are elementals. Also imagine trying to get current armour to fit on creatures who have 4 arms and no feet. Because seriously, you can’t put boots or pants on something with no feet.

As to the Largos being playable – not likely. The lore has set them up as individuals who act alone and mostly out of either a debt to someone – or as hunters/assassins. They just don’t fit as a playable race.

(edited by FlamingFoxx.1305)

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

They’re way too cool to not fit >.>

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

FlamingFoxx.1305

But have you SEEN the face behind those masks. It’s not pretty

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Where did you see one without a mask?
I want to see one too

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Largos: one of the most boring, generic hey-look-another-Korean-elf-variation with cheesy cosplay “wings” attached. Man are they lame. Last thing we need is another human/elf clone with bits attached. Especially such silly looking bits. Can’t gasp someone wanting another winged-elf clone over an actually visually different race. Tengu all the way.

They’re way too cool to not fit

The only thing cool in those images is the armor.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

They’re edgey dark winged shadow assassins. Terrible in form and function.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

FlamingFoxx.1305

I want to see one too

People have posted screenshots on the forums before. If you get your character up against a wall you can manipulate the camera angle to go through their mask – revealing what is behind. I HOPE that it’s just a placeholder face because it is so ridiculously terrifying.

Attachments:

Morrigan.2809

I want to see one too

People have posted screenshots on the forums before. If you get your character up against a wall you can manipulate the camera angle to go through their mask – revealing what is behind. I HOPE that it’s just a placeholder face because it is so ridiculously terrifying.

oh!
that is really interesting- so they have a face in place behind the mask-wow

I have gotten pretty bad distortions on my humans doing that face against the wall trick- so it might actually look pretty good.

that face- if you discount the distortion- is so serene looking/ almost madonna like, it gave me quite a laugh, considering it belongs to Sayeh al’rajihd

Gunnar’s Hold

FlamingFoxx.1305

But they haven’t glitched into the face itself, just through the mask – so there shouldn’t be any distortions on the face.

I’m pretty sure it’s a placeholder regardless. xD

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

The wings ruin their appearance.

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Largos..How many of you guys love Largos? I know I do! If I had to choose the next playable race I would defiantly choose the Largo race.

Yes, you heard me correctly. I choose Largos over Tengu.. why? I choose the largo race because of their incredibly amazing appearance.

They have beautiful wings and blue skin sort of like a demon or a succubi. Ears sort of like a elf or a dwarf. They are well known assassins and trained undersea fighters. How cool is that? Why just explain these amazing creatures when I can show them off? There is a picture of a very nice largo in attachments.

So, All in all I want to see others opinions about them. I would also like to ask anyone who is willing to answer – >Why are Tengu more anticipated than Largo?< Cause quite honestly, the fact people like the eagles more saddens me.

I’ve only played Sylvari characters, and I’ve never encountered the Largos. I’ve only seen one Largos NPC in Timberline Falls because my second Sylvari character is a member of the Priory. Which race do I have to play to encounter these guys and their story?

If Largos have as much lore as the Quaggans or Sylvari, I’ll definately support the idea of these guys becoming PCs.

Morrigan.2809

But they haven’t glitched into the face itself, just through the mask – so there shouldn’t be any distortions on the face.

I’m pretty sure it’s a placeholder regardless. xD

hehe I see what you mean- I just tried it
I still thinks she looks a lot like my Guardian

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Noir.3241

Noir.3241

I would really like to play with largos…but nooo!!!! lets play all the kittened races in tyria !! go go anet suras (rats) and charr ( cats) were 1st, birds next then what – dredges, hylek, skritt, in the end we will have guardian mutated potatoes….( or warriors actually if we follow the tendency).
It was the same in gw 1 all the stunning races like margonites were only evil , even they showed some chances for redemption.
to all those strong reason agains making largos playable race – nosense. Suras were also underground race bla bla not showing on the surface bla bla…untill they decided to make disney land in tyria and ta daaaa!! we have playable sura.
so lets put is simply – largos would be awesome addition that will break the stupid tendency of picking only lesser races and maybe in time we will have margonites!!!!!!!!!
( the Apostle had 200 years to leave a heritage)