Outfits trend... Are players happy about it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lys.8621

Lys.8621

Hello everyone, I grew curious about how the most of us players feel about this trend of having only Outfits options in the Gem Store.
The Gem Store is where ANet makes his resources, where we spend our money!
I noticed I am not alone – actually all my friends share my opinion – in disliking Outfits, because of the very poor dye customization and -most- the impossibility of choosing only a piece to mix with other ones we like.
So I wanted to make a Poll, fast to click and choose for everyone, and see what it comes out from there. Please spend one minute to give a honest click.
I thought in 2 questions that could even have a different result.

Is there a major quantity of Outfits that I would have bought if they were Armor Skins instead?
http://strawpoll.me/6526039

Do you prefer Outfits system or Armor Skins’?
http://strawpoll.me/6526053

I add the Reddit’s comment page too: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/40sk1j/outfits_trend_are_players_happy_about_it/ You could give an upvote for more visibility.

Thanks for your time and I hope Anet will give a look at this topic too.

Asuran Lys La

(edited by Lys.8621)

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I much rather prefer armor skins to outfits. Outfits are awesome though for the fact they don’t require transmutation charges to use multiple times, but some things like the leggings for lunatic guard I would LOVE for my necromancer. If they made it so that when you bought an outfit, you also got the armor skin (NO TO A PRICE HIKE). I would be far happier with outfits.

I know they say with outfits they’re easier to make because they don’t need to worry about clipping issues near as bad, but I feel it should be up to the player on weather something clipping is a major issue for them or not, and for a lot of things it’s mainly just one or two items that clip.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I really like having an alternative to my armor that I can switch to quickly and easily without losing the armor set I’ve put together.

But I did much prefer it when it was town clothes and we could mix-and-match them and dye each piece individually. This system might have made some new designs (dresses for example) possible, but it’s a lot more limited and that puts me off using more than a couple of outfits.

I’m fine with them not being armor skins but I wish we could get the town clothes back. Pieces which wouldn’t fit with anything else (like the wedding dresses) could simply hide all other town clothes when equipped.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I like outfits, it’s very practical, also I don’t have to waste transmutation charges all the time. Armor on the other hand are much more individual. So there are pluses and minuses on both sides.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: AliSiaN.2356

AliSiaN.2356

I am not happy about this, last time i got a skin from the gemstore was when the last 6 peaces armor skin, i mean i would love to buy alot of the new outfits if they were 6 peaces skins so i can mix and match.
I hope Anet looks in to this matter and go back to make 6 peaces armor skins.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I like outfits, it’s very practical, also I don’t have to waste transmutation charges all the time. Armor on the other hand are much more individual. So there are pluses and minuses on both sides.

This is pretty much my take on it as well.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I enjoy the outfits myself, I just wish there were more casual looking outfits to pick from. I know everyone has different tastes when it comes to outfits but it’d still be nice to have more options.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What I want is allowing to split appearance and stats altogether, by having ‘custom outfit’ slots.

You go to the outfits tab, select a custom outfit slot instead a pre-made outfit, and while it is selected, any changes you do in the wardrobe would be done to the selected custom outfit slot instead to your equipped gear. Accept the changes, pay the transmutation charges, and whenever you equip that custom outfit slot you’ll get that appearance.

Characters would be able to get 1 custom outfit slot by completing personal story, another from an unlocker earned by completing a PvP track, and another from WvW purchased with hero badges and notarized proofs of heroics.

Then there would be account-wide slot unlockers from the gemstore that give one slot to all characters of the account.

And outfit headgear should be split from the outfit, allowing us to combine them.

Hats must come back!

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I like both. I level a lot of alts, so it’s nice to have an outfit to hide the mishmash armor they wear until they get to 80 and can pick a final look. I’ve bought two outfits from the store (plus a free one), but no armor sets yet, so I guess that indicates my preference.

I’m happy with the in-game armor choices so far, but am sure there will come a time when I’ll go looking through the store for new armor (non-outfit) options.

Posted by: Samandar Khan.6821

Samandar Khan.6821

I like armors more as they give you choice to mix and match and make your unique looks and customization is bigger. Outfits limit us to just coloring nothing else.

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Definetely NO!!! ..unhappy 1001%.

Heres one example of my many posts regarding outfits vs single armor pieces:

Hello there,

nice hooves… but why is it a “set” again? I want to only use the fine hooves.
This would be the perfect addition to my satanic necro ^-_-^

Very Very sad. Please gives us back more of the individualism GW is known for. I would BUY any of the armors if they were not all sets.

I like at least one armor piece of every “set”. So i buy all.
Im cant pick a single piece after purchase. So i buy none.

Its so simple:

You want our money? Give us fun (Individualisation… we want to outfit our barbies!!!)

At least we want to look good while looting the same spoons over and over again <3

Best regards
Mr. Hoovy Jr.

Posted by: Kentsui.4930

Kentsui.4930

Outfits are a mixed bag, and you can argue all you want about them being more limited than actual armor sets, but there is one thing I’ll never agree again with in this game, and that is having actual NEW armor sets show up on the BLTC ever again.

Armor skins should be obtainable in-game and nowhere else, we have enough BLTC centric skins with BL weapons that is enough as it is.

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

I really don’t invest in outfits and only really use them as a shell for fugly armor I have bought using wvw tokens. One of the things I like to see in GW is when people spend a lot of time and effort to mix and match and find corresponding dyes to work to get a great all over look.
Its far too easy to farm COF, cover yourself in flames and hop around WvW as a target beacon for all longbow rangers. Its actually a lot harder to create a great individual look.

One of the biggest pet hates I have in GW2, are massive skirts masquerading as medium/light armor “pants” that you could hide two sumo wrestlers under. They are not pants, they are skirts. Thus when gemstore armor comes out, if its good and I can customise with sensible or great looking armor pieces, I invest in a purchase.
Saying that, I too would rather gemstore give us individual armor parts to buy over sets that can be worn by all armor classes, because sometimes the designs can look really poor or fixed to certain armor classes.
I cant say I have ever seen any armor set that was not 100% great, if i could mix and match them without a need for light, medium and heavy armor classifications, I would buy them and get more use of them across all my toons.
A good example of this is when the Aetherblade sets came out, light armor looked great and the medium… well lets say it was nowhere as well designed as the light armor option. Therefore a light armor set that would have suited medium armor class engineers was missed out.

So yeah I rather multi character armor sets over outfits anyday

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Outfits are ok. I particularly love the Exemplar one, the design is good.

However, we’re getting more and more outfits. I know they said there wouldn’t be new armors in the gemstore but… They could add an outfit every two weeks on the gemstore, and a small collection every once in a while to unlock an in-game armor. There were more outfits released this month than armors since HoT…

I’m ok with outfits being themed (gods, winter, desert, etc.), but an armor would be 1000 times better.

For example I would be SO happy to see some GW1 armor design coming back (I’m looking at you, elementalist elite kurzick armor!) Or simply a variation of cloth/leather/metal designs: since outfits allow a heavy class to wear cloth, why not also allow armors to provide the same thing? (Also, some armors already do the trick, like Braham’s armor being all cloth…) Also, to compare GW2 once again with GW1: the armors were themed, but they were made out of different materials (a necromancer could get a cloth, leather, or metal armor) and that was AWESOME.

By the Six, I’m going nowhere… So, to summarize:

1. Outfits are ok if they appear only once in a while (not every week)
2. We need new armors, really. 2 sets for HoT was quite… Cheap…
3. We need variation in our armors (cloth for heavy, metal for light, etc.)
4. Mix-n-match is better than being forced a full outfit, because some parts are sometimes ewww…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Prefer armor. Didn’t buy HoT because of lack of new armor skins. Dislike the inflexibility of outfits.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

I like the outfit system in itself, but I am a bit sad that there is no balance between armor and outfits anymore. There’s so many outfits coming out, but hardly any new armor. If that balance was restored, I’d have nothing to complain about.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I like mixing and matching.

Can there be outfits? Sure. All the time? Eh…
Can there be armors for sale? Sure. All the time? Eh, well, still would like more added in with each new content patch too to go for…

But right now its outfits outfits outfits. I only have one, and it was the free one

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Happy is a strong word in this case.
I’m relatively content with outfits.
For armors, I tend to find one look I like and don’t change it, so new armor sets would be filler for me.

What I do find offensive is that ANet said outfits would make for easier development, but there are several outfits (eg, Monk for human/norn females, bandit sniper for Charr) that are sloppily executed and just look terrible.
Also, where’re my town clothes outfits? There are around 17 tonics that could make for easy outfit unlocks and renewed gem purchases, but they haven’t worked them in.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Lys.8621

Lys.8621

Well I guess we have some interesting result, I see many people answering the topic in a way that looks like in favour of Outfits, but then we have at the moment a clear % of where is going the most of the opinions. I guess most of the people didn’t write out their thoughts, but just voted, and that’s totally understandable.
Please keep voting, more numbers are necessary, in hope at least to get some kind of attention by ANet. I don’t think anyone is asking/expecting to completely remove Outfits from the game, but maybe a bit more of variety? Some Outfits, some Armor Skins? Keep this topic up, keep voting and maybe share it with your friends/guild to have more opinions.

Asuran Lys La

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Happy is a strong word in this case.
I’m relatively content with outfits.
For armors, I tend to find one look I like and don’t change it, so new armor sets would be filler for me.

What I do find offensive is that ANet said outfits would make for easier development, but there are several outfits (eg, Monk for human/norn females, bandit sniper for Charr) that are sloppily executed and just look terrible.
Also, where’re my town clothes outfits? There are around 17 tonics that could make for easy outfit unlocks and renewed gem purchases, but they haven’t worked them in.

also to add they said that outfits allow em to make stuff that DOES NOT fit into an armor class… so yea.. 90% of them pretty much ARE fitting for an armor class and ontop of it most of them could be technically profession themed armor skins, wait for the next one that comes… its 100% druid themed, i wont risk and infraction and post the chat code here.. but just go to reddit…

That aside… i personally H-A-T-E the current system. It actually does affect my enjoyment of the game big time. You see.. i like coming up with new looks, playing on different skins with different colours, combining this and that till i can step away and say “yeh, thats a good one”. It just feels nice having that one(or more) look for a char that just feels “right”.
Heck i even made entire alts arround a mix and match look or designed “outfits” and entire characters arround a weapon skin.

Back in the days before this (in my honest opinion) outfit cancer came along i had a reason to look forward to the gemstore updates…cause there was a chance that new skins would come along, something to look forward to and right away also a pretty good way to support the game and maybe that “certain something” for one or more of my looks.

…nowadays i gotta stop myself from looking at outfits…cause there could be a piece of it i like, or one detail is not of my liking and i KNOW i could “fix it” with a skin from my collection so easy. Maybe i might like even the entire look but i know myself.. eventually i will swap out parts and add personality, had it before many times.

Im not saying that outfits are ugly.. by all means, most of them (cept 2 right now) would be in my inventory and if its just for one part of it… sadly they are just one part…

Before HoT i calmed my saltyness cause i expected more armors with the 50 bucks(!) expansion. Would make sence that they stopped giving us armors so that they can release a bunch with HoT… but nope, a pitifull amount of armors was all we got.

I by the way still await the promised “balance between in game rewards and gem store items” Crystin Cox… yea i did not forget that blogpost and im pretty sure neither did a lot of other people.

tldr: Basalt kittening hates the current system and wants to have his nice things again

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I really like the outfits I have bought, but I love being able to mix and match armor pieces.

What I really do not care for is how few armor sets were added with the expansion versus how many outfits they have been shuffling out. I get that outfits are easier, but I feel like they took the separation of armors in game/outfits in gemstore and have used it as a get out of jail free card when it comes to making more armor skins.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Tricky question that doesn’t have a simple answer.
Do I prefer armor over outfits? Yes I do. I like to mix and max and outfits do not allow that. With that said though I wouldn’t want these outfits on the gem store to be full armor sets, I’d rather I get armor sets from the game (content) and leave cosmetic full pieces on the gem store.
And it’s what Anet devs said anyway, that they will be selling outfits on the gem store and reward armor from gameplay. All that needs to be done is add more Armors as in-game rewards.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Of course I prefer the armor method. Outfits are good to have a certain appearance on the go or if I’m feeling not very creative. Dyeing seems so limited though, though I suppose this is true in general.

The annoying part is that this outfit focus seems to be to avoid clipping issues… which isn’t working that great. In any case, I haven’t been interested in any outfits for a long time. Last one I got was the Noble Count— yea that’s quite a while back!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

I like much more the armor than the outift. With armor you can mix the parts and we can have a great variety.

Posted by: Leviathan.6327

Leviathan.6327

Same here. I mean, if they were separate pieces, then it really wouldn’t be an “outfit” now would it? It’s nice to be able to just throw on an outfit whenever I feel like it, and it’s very useful when starting a new character so I don’t have to use transmutation charges to cover up all that basic armor. I agree that they could benefit from having more dye channels, but given that the UI was made to hold a max of 4, I don’t know how they’d do that without altering it somehow. I’ll also say that hiding shoulders/gloves should hide the respective outfit part just like the helmet.

As gemstore items, outfits are fine. I don’t think armor sets should be gemstore items (especially since I fear they’d charge for each piece if it’s not a full set like the lawless). I think they do need to release more armor sets that are readily available AND not super tedious to acquire. HoT really let me down in that aspect (I was expecting a nice variety of new armors to be able to pick up to mix and match), but it wouldn’t be as big of a deal if they occasionally gave us new armor sets here and there (that weren’t like raid exclusive or anything either).

Weapons are kind of in the same boat. I get tired of every single weapon set being Black Lion exclusive. Especially since they’ve been pumping them out kinda fast, it shows that it doesn’t take them that long to make some interesting new weapons. I just wish at least some of them would be more accessible.

Eh, just my two cents on the matter.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Same here. I mean, if they were separate pieces, then it really wouldn’t be an “outfit” now would it? It’s nice to be able to just throw on an outfit whenever I feel like it, and it’s very useful when starting a new character so I don’t have to use transmutation charges to cover up all that basic armor. I agree that they could benefit from having more dye channels, but given that the UI was made to hold a max of 4, I don’t know how they’d do that without altering it somehow. I’ll also say that hiding shoulders/gloves should hide the respective outfit part just like the helmet.

As gemstore items, outfits are fine. I don’t think armor sets should be gemstore items (especially since I fear they’d charge for each piece if it’s not a full set like the lawless). I think they do need to release more armor sets that are readily available AND not super tedious to acquire. HoT really let me down in that aspect (I was expecting a nice variety of new armors to be able to pick up to mix and match), but it wouldn’t be as big of a deal if they occasionally gave us new armor sets here and there (that weren’t like raid exclusive or anything either).

Weapons are kind of in the same boat. I get tired of every single weapon set being Black Lion exclusive. Especially since they’ve been pumping them out kinda fast, it shows that it doesn’t take them that long to make some interesting new weapons. I just wish at least some of them would be more accessible.

Eh, just my two cents on the matter.

In HoT´s defence..

They gave us quite a lot of new weapon skins, new and really pretty exotics that drop, new earnable weapon skins and even collections of them. Also two tiers of profession themed weapons for the specs. I am content with the weapons…also the legendaries (even if its only those 3 for now) they brought us are wonderfull and creative. Well sure.. more would be nice indeed, more is always better.. but there is atleast some reasonable amount available.

Its just the pitifull amount of armor skins that kitten me off to no end cause i got no way in heaven or hell to get new and fresh skins with gems or gold or tasks in game…cause there are none…cept the few in HoT and the legendary one that is not even arround atm and for non raiders its out of question to get them anyways.

As for weapon sets on the gem store… you always can buy them on the trading post aswell so you can atleast obtain em…even if you do not want to play the RNG chest game. Sure it is not the perfect solution BUT it atleast is something. The only weapons that you cannot really get with in game currency are the ones that are in the 2000 gem bundles…well technically even there you could convert gold to gems and buy it.

I personally do see that a-net needs to make income and i am the last one who would deny em said income. In fact i am a vivid supporter of a-net and gw2 with wallet and spirit….even if i seem to be the most salty person alive if the theme “outfit” pops up…or engineer kit visuals and balance but thats a different theme.

Money keeps the game online and their plates full… but sometimes i start to question my loyality to the franchise…and the voice inside my head gets louder and louder the fewer “nice things” i get. Right now its pretty darn loud already.. lets leave it at this.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think the bundling is a bigger issue before the outfit versus skin issue …

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Nope – I bought one outfit and that was my last. It seems to be a design shortcut. So I have this “oh boy I’m wearing KMart”.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m unhappy cuz I wanna wear what I wanna wear so I can play how I wanna play. :>
I wanna mix everything!

But at the least I’ll never accept the fact that we can’t wear any hat with any outfit. That makes outfits a backwards evolution from GW1’s. There’s no excuse for that other than they no wanna put the effort in.:(:(:*(:(AI(DIAFFSA

So I’m sad, unhappy and scared.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I think the idea of “outfits in gem store, armor skins in game” is a good one. I prefer gaining L80 looks through play (armor skins) and leveling looks via gem (outfits). That way I’m not burning trans charges every few levels while leveling. That said, I’d like to see more armor skins in game going forward, and by more I mean with greater frequency.

As for the art, with all due respect to the artists, most of the outfits and a lot of the armor pieces are way too ornate. Mix it up more. Simplicity has its own elegance.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I like outfits with the exception of the dye limitation. You can only have ONE set of dyes that applies to all of your outfits, I think just for that character. Outfits are easy to switch, but NOT if you have to reapply all the dyes every time you do.

That being said I wish there where not only more armor skins, I want to be able to craft them as well. It would be cool to ‘earn’ the ability to craft an armor skin and make some money on the TP off of that. Skins, not actual armor because of all the stats to choose from.

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

I’m not particularly fond of outfits. It does help when leveling because you’re changing armor so often, but they’re just so limited in customization.

The biggest drawback of course is not being able to mix-and-match parts. I would never expect this to be changed for outfits. What I -would- like to see (and think is probably reasonable and has been said above) is for Hats to be a separate slot on outfits that will let us show armor hats.

The one outfit that I did buy myself (Arcane outfit) I bought with the intention of wearing it with the Bear hat. I was disappointed at first that I could not but I’ve come to love the Bear hat on many other armors anyway. Sadly I can’t say the same about the Arcane outfit. There are a lot of outfits that have really pretty aspects but I know that they’ll never compare with what mix-and-match armor can achieve so I try to hold myself back from buying them.

The new Nature outfit for example. I really like the dress (Human female), and the top is decent too (though would look even neater if they could be paired with Sylvari culturals). The boots don’t match at all and are a huge down point for me. But the boots do look great on their own. I’d love to use them with other armor sets, or perhaps with Norn cultural armors.

Shrugs I don’t know. Outfits are better than nothing. I wonder if the head/gloves/boots could be separated with little trouble.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I think there is room for both and like both but I do not agree with the lack of earnable armor being implemented in the game for the last year plus. There isn’t a good balance of it at all. One of the reasons I didn’t buy the x-pac is because ArenaNet was very mum on how many earnable sets of armor would be available with monetary purchase of the expansion. When I saw how lacking the premium priced 50 dollar expansion was in the earnable armor category, I was glad I refrained from buying it.

It doesn’t have to be an either/or thing. There should be myriad options for the duration of this game’s lifespan in the armor and outfit department.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

6 part skins > outfits

diversity and creativity is the most important thing in fashion wars 2

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

polls are pretty dam clear,
stop wasting your money Anet and release content we actually want to buy instead of this kitten one-piece spam.

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

I like outfits (wish they had toggles for shoulders and gloves tho), but I am not happy with so many of them (along with gemstore gliders and weapons) being released while there are many weapon and armour skins that were removed from the base game and they’re just sitting on them. I liked that they said they wouldn’t sell armour skins anymore, but I don’t like that this meant that they were going to almost stop adding armour skins to the game altogether.

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

No, not happy about outfits at all. Anything I can’t mix and match with the stuff I already do have is 100% pointless to me. It’s not like clipping issues are getting fixed, and it’s not as if outfits don’t have clipping issues either, so outfits are a complete waste of time. There’s really nice pieces on some outfits, and I’d probably shell out just to get stuff like the shadow assassin boots/gloves and such, but in their present form they may as well not even exist.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I don’t really like the outfit system. I mean it’s nice that I can wear it when I want and then go back to my armor, but they have basically put all of their effort into them and not on more armor skins. I want more armor skins I can mix and match. I STILL can’t find a medium armor chest piece that I enjoy for my human thief. long coats, jackets, etc make up 99% of it, what about mire form fitting armor? there’s only the glorious chestpiece but it covers from the top of the neck all the way to the waist with not a single inch of skin being shown. why do the krytan set looks awesome on females and on males is ANOTHER long coat? armor should look basically the same between males and females (with some exceptions) but most of the time the differences are ridiculous. In outfits it makes much more sense that they look different, but not in armor. The krytan set could be the same for guys and girls, but removing the bra for the guys and there. an awesome tight form fitting set for the guys, and no another long coat. Same for sneakthief. what’s sneaky about drapes that go all the way to the floor? I want agile looking thieves too.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Yes, I would prefer armour skins over outfits.

But no, I still wouldn’t have bought 90% of the gem store outfits if they were skins.

But I’d like to see both systems. I think the outfit system is cool and can let them create really awesome looks they may not be able to create as armour skins (because of having to check for clipping issues). But I’d definitely like to see more armour skins introduced and not just outfits as I prefer mix-and-match outfits.

| Lithia |

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

Outfits are nice but I prefer armor skins when I can combine a few pieces together into my own style, the only problem is that the colors sometimes don’t match.

Some outfits still look better than armor skins imo though

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

hate outfits, i will only buy armor sets and ONLY if they are specific to a weight class

Posted by: Manthas.6234

Manthas.6234

I vote with my wallet. Bought 0 outfits and at least 4 armor sets from cash shop.

Used to love the idea to no longer add armor sets on cash shop and present them as in game rewards. However, now it seems that they just stopped making armor skins all together. Really a shame.

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

You have billion skins you can combine.Go to the locker,and play with outfits whole day,until you find what you like.

I have every (in my opinion) cool outfit,but since i bought Lunatic,i don’t think ill replace it anytime soon.

No to armors,until they find someone really creative,who’s point of whole armor is NOT to make oversized shoulders.

I am afraid to even think about legendary armor,and how its going to look.Judging from what i have seen on almost every armor now,i do not looking forward to have one.I guess its going to be colorful like combination of Glittering and Timekeeper skins.
They have female lead designer,and we have more and more skins designed for female chars.They need to hire someone else,far creative than person at the moment.

Game like this,should not have clipping problems,its not beta for God’s sake.GL seeing dagger and axe on norn,wearing CoF light armor.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Outfits should be more rare and special. They should be based on the seasons or events. The Halloween outfit is a good example for that.

Anything else doesn’t really work for me. I end up getting bored quickly with most outfits. There are always pieces I don’t like (usually the helmets).
Would probably end up buying most of them if they were armor sets. Sometimes just for one or two of the pieces. Great armor customization and a great dye system have always been a good selling point.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

My take on armor vs outfits.

Since they made transmutation of sub 80 armor cost 3x as much when we got the wardrobe I’ve gone with outfits while leveling up. Why? A combination of leveling quickly plus the variety of mismatched armor from drops, heart npcs and level rewards translates into either an eyesore, using a lot of transmutation charges or simply buying a matched set every so often from the TP and stick with sub-par armor.

So now I slap on an outfit at level 1 and at level 80 I can worry about making my ultimate final look. We have 33 outfits, not all currently available at this moment. If we simply look at chest pieces to give us an idea how many armor sets we have around 65-66 of each weight. This include drop, WvW, dungeon, craft and gem shop skins.

We were told last year that future armor sets will only appear in game as oppose to the gem shop. The gem shop will be the domain of outfits. The thing is the Gem Shop is the great equalizer. You don’t have to play the content that new armor is found in if it was only available in the Gem Shop. The barrier is only gems (gold/cash). Seeing it in a “store front” for the impulse buy just seems more natural than doing X content repeatedly to acquire it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The lack of new armor sets since we got the wardrobe, is one of the main reasons
why i stopped playing since over 3 weeks now.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

I love the outfits! I have almost every one of them. Aside of a few very weird one I have a few alts under lvl80 and it’s a good way to hide the looted gear they have. I tend to use them on my main char too, because I haven’t have so much unlocked armor skins.

Ad astra per asperas

Posted by: NannyOgg.9378

NannyOgg.9378

Outfits may remove a layer of complexity, but they also remove flexibility and diversity of appearance, which isn’t a good direction to be leading us in at all IMHO. Keep outfits an an option by all means, but I’d also like to see an equal number of new skins, both cash shop and in game.

What I’d really like to see is a way of putting together an outfit of my own from different skins, and having some way to save my favourite ones to go back to later, or to use on alts with the same armor type. I think DIY outfits are a lot more fun than having them made for us.

I know some people think it’s just ‘fashion wars’ and it’s a trivial non-essential part of the game, and that’s quite true. But it’s here to stay, because it earns money which Anet needs, and some players have a lot of fun with it; fun is what games like GW2 are all about, right?

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

The overwhelming answer has always been armor, not outfits.

Mind, outfits have a place and a few of them are welcome, not only to change looks, but to sport a snazzy look while leveling (not that many still do that) or for classes who don’t get social looking armor such as heavy armor users.

But the overwhelming response, each time this comes up, and ignored by Anet, is armors. Armors. Armors. (And please, good looking armors, I’m not sure who is making stuff but most of the armors are just forgettable).

No one (few) want to play Clone Wars2. Simply changing dyes isn’t enough to be different from Joe wearing the same outfit.

I’m currently wearing the zodiak light armor, ley line gloves, asura T1 cultural booties and the necro mask (until Glint’s Gaze comes out again) and I think it looks pretty decent. Where would we be if we only had outfits?

Posted by: neon.1236

neon.1236

I quite like outfits, but don’t like the fact that they are a set.

I think they should implement a toggle in the outfit section, something like the toggle for the shoulders/headgear. That way you can set your outfit, and toggle off the different parts that you don’t want to see.

Since they already have a toggle mechanism to hide pieces of armor (shoulders/headgear), I should be similar in implementation.

At least that way we do get some mix and match – armors/outfits.

They should also add the town clothes in the outfit section. It was better when it was a wearable item instead of a tonic. Adding it to the outfit section, would increase it’s usage. I’m not sure how many people uses the town clothes tonic, but I sure don’t.