Personal guild bank space going away?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ELF.8496

ELF.8496

With the announcement that Guilds will no longer be gaining influence will personal guilds no longer be able to uprgade their bank space? Will they still be able to uprgade using a different currency? Will that currency be able to be generated by only one user? If not, will we still be able to purchase upgrades using gold, laurels, etc.
These upgrades are usually time gated and so best to know now so we can plan accordingly.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

wait till points of interest and more info!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I don’t see anywhere mention of influence going away…where did you see that?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t see anywhere mention of influence going away…where did you see that?

It was in an interview. http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=36174

“Speaking of guild missions, there are lots of changes coming to guild. Guild Merits are going away completely. Influence will no longer be earned after HoT launches, but will stick around for a while so that guilds can sink the influence they currently have into the new system. There is a new currency being introduced call Favor that will be rewarded from guild missions”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

ELF.8496

Guild Wars 2: Guild Halls Interview: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=36174

Paragraph at the bottom: “Speaking of guild missions, there are lots of changes coming to guild. Guild Merits are going away completely. Influence will no longer be earned after HoT launches, but will stick around for a while so that guilds can sink the influence they currently have into the new system. There is a new currency being introduced call Favor that will be rewarded from guild missions, but they didn’t go into what exactly Favor was going to be used for.”

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Sounds to me like it’s just a rebranding of the currency for guild upgrades, not abolishing it entirely.

ELF.8496

It is not just a rebranding, it is changing how the currency is earned. Which means that personal guilds that are used for storage bank space may become a thing of the past (or Grandfathered) after HoT releases.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Guilds, especially guild bank ones, act as a gold sink. No matter the name of the currency, they’ll probably be a gold conversion available. If not then, well, someone really needs firing over at Anet because they don’t know the game well enough.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Meaning if we want the storage space better build it asap, and hope there’s enough time before HoT drops to get it done.
I need to get cranking then

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

“but [influence] will stick around for a while so that guilds can sink the influence they currently have into the new system”

wonder what all we’ll be able to do with influence after we get the new system.
also will small personal guilds (with 1-2 people) be able to claim a guild hall? (I want one to play around with and decorate myself)

ELF.8496

If you and a buddy can kill all the enemies in it by yourself then I am guessing, yes. I imagine that it will be challenging as it is supposed to act as a bonding experience for guilds. You might be able to get a bunch of people to temporarily join up to help you depending on what rewards it offers.

But most personal guilds are strictly for the extra bank space.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

I’m thinking that’s one way Anet can stop people getting free bank space in the future.

“More gems please mister anet sir, more gems”.

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

ELF.8496

That’s kinda funny. I have already purchased all available bank tabs allowed on my main account. I would buy more but we are capped at 12 slots. Unlike other items in the gem store that say “you can buy only 1 more of these at this price”, you can continue to buy more bank tabs to your heart’s content (but you can only unlock 11 tabs on top of the 1 that comes with the core game).
If you can’t unlock anymore shouldn’t the item say “You have purchased the maximum amount of this item” like the nodes and other upgrades do?
It’s not like you can gift them :P

I need like 20,000 more influence to get the Deep Cave before HoT is in full swing.

(edited by ELF.8496)

Posted by: Brostrodon.1657

Brostrodon.1657

“but [influence] will stick around for a while so that guilds can sink the influence they currently have into the new system”

wonder what all we’ll be able to do with influence after we get the new system.
also will small personal guilds (with 1-2 people) be able to claim a guild hall? (I want one to play around with and decorate myself)

I’ve been wondering that as well since i have a guild with my gf, and ik she’d be ecstatic to decorate the hall after we captured it together.

Posted by: Huffinator.4598

Huffinator.4598

As the owner of two guild storage banks myself (Well one is still in construction, but its already been fully funded), I was particularly worried about this myself. After reading the article below, it sounds like you will still have access to your guild bank. However, if you want to create any more storage guilds, then it’ll probably be best to do it right now before HoT comes since you can just buy all the influence you need to fully construct it.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/