Plz restore Kessex Hills

Plz restore Kessex Hills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I think it’s been long enough for us to look at that ToN debris. Please restore this lovely map to its former beauty. The lake shores are a mess, the loading screen is well…terrible. If you have to leave some remnants of the ToN there, then leave the bit in the lake itself, but clear the rest of it. I get depressed every time i go into this map, and actually avoid it.

As a side note, I have a friend who’s stopped playing gw2 over the changes made to Kessex Hills. It was his fav map and he was so upset over it he hasn’t logged in 4 months and probably won’t return.

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

With the recent refurbishment to Lion’s Arch, I see it to be relatively likely that we will see a refurbishment of Kessex Hills. Although, if they do decide to refurbish it, it will be some time after the release of Heart of Thorns.

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I hope they don’t remove the Toxic Spores.

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I would hope for a toxic spore node in home instances, then. :X

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

if they change it, i hope it doesn’t go back to what it was before: generic, forgettable grass zone.

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Well i’m not suggesting they remove all all, just clean up that debris around the lake and maybe reduce it somewhat in the lake as well.

The events and spores nodes can stay as a reminder of that event, but i just think all that debris makes the map look ugly and doesn’t need to remain there forever.

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t want it to go back to how it was, but I would love to see progression.

Instead of restoring the lake a bit, we got Fort Salma’s destruction.

Would like to see Fort Salma and Concordia slowly rebuilt too, now that Anet can make story instances use previous zone maps, like what’s done with LA.

But in all honesty, I’d say this for every zone, some slow progression via new events here and there, new NPCs doing things, construction beginning and finishing, etc.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I was disappointed with kessex hill. I spent ages look for all the carved statues. But they where no there. The “New” kessex is far less miss leading.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Seeing how Anti-Toxin Spray was removed from the game without replacement I might add.. Also the TriChest moved to LA…

The chance for Toxic Tower ever returning seems slim to none so yes I would agree that Kessex Hills needs to be fixed. I started in the middle of Toxic Living Story and I’ve never seen the original map as the spores and tower already existed.

Either return Toxic Tower as an event or fix the map to its original state as it’s just plane depressing as it is now. Much like SAB in Rata Sum.

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

I think it’s been long enough for us to look at that ToN debris. Please restore this lovely map to its former beauty.

It will still look bad. Actually, all human/centaur related maps (Kessex, Harathi, Gendarran, parts of Queensdale) look dirty and boring compared to the rest of the world.

I agree about most of that. But Queensdale is still the best starting map anet ever made. All the rest always fell short of it.

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

I’m all for seeing progression in a clean up of Kessex Hills, but in all honesty OP, if your friend left just because one map changed a little in design from what it used to be due to a progressive story, it sounds like he would not have played the game for much longer anyways. Someone who leaves for something that small was not too big of a fan of the game to begin with.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

why, because facing defeat once in a while was unbearable in GW2? You know, there are quite a few facebook related games your friend will totally enjoy.

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

but but but……players were asked in a survey if they wanted permanent open world changes and the player responded Yes! So Anet delivered based on that feedback!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think it’s been long enough for us to look at that ToN debris. Please restore this lovely map to its former beauty. The lake shores are a mess, the loading screen is well…terrible. If you have to leave some remnants of the ToN there, then leave the bit in the lake itself, but clear the rest of it. I get depressed every time i go into this map, and actually avoid it.

As a side note, I have a friend who’s stopped playing gw2 over the changes made to Kessex Hills. It was his fav map and he was so upset over it he hasn’t logged in 4 months and probably won’t return.

I like that the game keeps evolving, so I’d hate to see them revert any maps. It strikes me that they did their job well if it gives a very strong impression. I thought Kessex was incredibly dull before; now I think it’s a lot more interesting (and dangerous).

I’m sorry that it depresses you and I’m sorry that your friend has decided that one map changing is enough to never return to the game. I suspect, however, those are views held by a tiny fraction of the community.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

but but but……players were asked in a survey if they wanted permanent open world changes and the player responded Yes! So Anet delivered based on that feedback!

If that was the case, then Orr should be a nice place now instead of still being full of undead that we killed a long time ago (and their boss to boot). Especially since Trahearne cleansed the land as well.

This reminds me of Warcraft and how Stormwind is still busted after Deathwing’s attack, yet Orgrimmar got a makeover. Almost on three more expansions since then and it still isn’t fixed…..

But yeah, eventually I’d like to see Kessex Hills get cleaned up a bit to show progression.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If that was the case, then Orr should be a nice place now instead of still being full of undead that we killed a long time ago (and their boss to boot). Especially since Trahearne cleansed the land as well.

In the personal story, the NPCs mention that it’s going to take a long time to clean up Orr. I’m not saying it has to remain like it was at the beginning of GW2, only that it aligns with the lore that Orr is still filled with undead and isn’t a nice place. Yet.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Plz restore Kessex Hills

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Either return Toxic Tower as an event or fix the map to its original state as it’s just plane depressing as it is now. Much like SAB in Rata Sum.

I would love to see the Toxic Tower return as a fractal mission. Start at the bottom and work your way thru 3 mini-bosses to the big bad at the top.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast