[Poll] Which looks more legendary to you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Ignoring the infusion effects, which looks more suited to be called ‘legendary’? Talking about legendary medium armour of course, not the character.

Infusion effects are: green glow, red/orange glow on chest, ghostly infusion effect, pale skin/hair, floating red/blue square bubbles.

I would have gladly removed infusion effects for a clearer look when the armour bug triggered, if I had any Infusion Extraction Devices on me.

The main comparison is between the armour effect itself. So, basically the whitish glows all over the armour.

Poll

Attachments:

(edited by Asur.9178)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Is this a trick question? On its face, A is. All the little glow bits take it away from being a muddy brown mess. Unless those glow bits are infusion effects, in which case the images are identical other than the red glow in B’s chest.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Is this a trick question?

I was asking myself the same question, but in regard of the skin.

If you must wear that, I would suggest you take better screenshots so that people can see all the details and then judge. I am not a fan of all that “glow” you are wearing (including the backpack), but the second version has such bad lighting that the colors do look muddy indeed.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

The simple answer is neither.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

^ gonna have to agree with this

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Which one do you like best? That’s all that matters, not what someone else may think.

Good luck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Don’t ask me. I think the free-to-GW1-players Fiery Dragon Sword looks legendary.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Don’t ask me. I think the free-to-GW1-players Fiery Dragon Sword looks legendary.

It totally does, doesn’t it? <3

Asur.9178

If you can stop being bitter for a minute, you’d realize that medium armour is not going to be changed. If anything, the particle effects could be changed (they’ve fixed particle effects in the past, including legendary weapons); so, it is safe to assume that it is within their capabilities if they chose to do so.

Therefore, it is only natural to gauge the community’s opinion on the matter in order to see if such a change is necessary and welcomed. So, instead of being bitter about the whole thing, be logical.

Personally, I would like for it to appear more ‘legendary’, as under the current implementation it looks like an Arah armour set with no legendary aspects to it besides the transformation. I would also have preferred for the ability to dye the particle effects, as we can on various outfits, but that does not seem like it will ever be possible.

Which one do you like best? That’s all that matters, not what someone else may think.

Good luck.

It is a good practice to read an entire post, and not just the title, before posting a response.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I did read the entire post. I think they both look unappealing, thus I don’t really have an opinion on which looks more ‘Legendary’. I’m sure some of the playerbase prefers A, some prefers B, and the rest, like me, prefer neither.

Plus, the screenshots are of poor quality, so it’s not easy to make a determination, even if one was inclined to.

Good luck.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

~wings~

Neither.

Asur.9178

I did read the entire post. I think they both look unappealing, thus I don’t really have an opinion on which looks more ‘Legendary’. I’m sure some of the playerbase prefers A, some prefers B, and the rest, like me, prefer neither.

Plus, the screenshots are of poor quality, so it’s not easy to make a determination, even if one was inclined to.

Good luck.

You’re right, it’s extremely difficult to tell the difference between the 2 states the legendary armour is in.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When I said the glowing one looked more legendary, that didn’t mean I endorsed it as a great example of armor I’d really want. The question was one of relative weight, and in GW2 “legendary” means “has lots of glow.” That’s why it seemed a trick question to me. The glowier one looks more like a GW2 legendary item, at least in those screenshots

I’m hoping to get a good look at the legendary armor in game, all weights. I’ve only ever killed one raid boss so there’s pretty much nil chance I’ll ever have the skins, but I’d like to see them in situ. Videos don’t work; they’re grainy, and I can’t control the zoom and spin of the camera.

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Honestly, citadel of flame armor looks more legendary than this crap.

Asur.9178

When I said the glowing one looked more legendary, that didn’t mean I endorsed it as a great example of armor I’d really want. The question was one of relative weight, and in GW2 “legendary” means “has lots of glow.” That’s why it seemed a trick question to me. The glowier one looks more like a GW2 legendary item, at least in those screenshots

I’m hoping to get a good look at the legendary armor in game, all weights. I’ve only ever killed one raid boss so there’s pretty much nil chance I’ll ever have the skins, but I’d like to see them in situ. Videos don’t work; they’re grainy, and I can’t control the zoom and spin of the camera.

Personally, when I think ‘legendary’, I think something that should stand out easily. Something that should alert other players around you that ‘hey, this person has put in some hard work’. Nothing to the extent of Phospholuminescent Infusion though; even a slight tweak on the particle effects, as with the bug on ‘A’ is sufficient.

Example: When I walk/run past someone in the open world with a legendary weapon, it stands out. They have effects that are easily noticeable that makes your mind skip a beat and go…‘oh hey, a legendary’. Comparatively, when you look at the medium armour, it does nothing, unless you’re present at the time the transformation is taking place.

I have never felt like I am wearing a legendary armour, when wearing the medium legendary armour. I just felt like I was wearing an alternate Arah set. Comparatively, when I wear my light legendary armour, I don’t even have that feeling.

At least that’s my opinion on the matter.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

the on with the more diverse colouring

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Hard question. A looks more legendary by itself, because the color effects make it appear as if its leaking magic out of the armor itself. But B has a substantially more menacing look, which could also qualify it to be the “more legendary” look depending on your opinion.

Asur.9178

Hard question. A looks more legendary by itself, because the color effects make it appear as if its leaking magic out of the armor itself. But B has a substantially more menacing look, which could also qualify it to be the “more legendary” look depending on your opinion.

Well, to be honest, the following is the description of the armour itself.

Loraine Howard III:

Medium armor is crafted from a collection of the finest bones of legendary foes. These special bones hold magical powers that are channeled throughout the armor, culminating in a surge of mystical energy. When the transformation is complete, excess energy is expelled from the wyvern skulls.

So, even taking that into account, it still makes more sense to make the energy effects more prominent and easily visible than its current state. =\

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Neither. They both looks disgusting, it’s as if you’re ready for prom or a ball…Zzzzz

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

One of the worst armor skins in-game…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

A, but
….god….. this is ugly. and those thiny arms…….
not your color are ugly, but this coat….

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Which is more Legendary?

Since the choice is between A, with some detailing, and B, that shows the unimaginative long coat that is the hallmark of gw2’s medium armor with a muddy color scheme with nothing standing out to catch the eye, then I guess it will have to be A.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

As much as I like the extra details in A, B makes the wings pop more by contrast. Granted I’m not a fan of the armor in any form, for the sake of argument I’’ll say B (just maybe consider adding some colors that match the wing color effect to blend).

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Good luck.

It is a good practice to read an entire post, and not just the title, before posting a response.

Sorry, I wasn’t able to understand your first post, or how it relates to the question in the topic title. Could you explain it in a more compact way?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Asur.9178

One of the worst armor skins in-game…

Though I agree with you, it is highly unlikely that they will fix the skin.

However, I am hopeful that they will address the particle effects, which has lead me to make this poll to try get them to address it.

Which is more Legendary?

Since the choice is between A, with some detailing, and B, that shows the unimaginative long coat that is the hallmark of gw2’s medium armor with a muddy color scheme with nothing standing out to catch the eye, then I guess it will have to be A.

Sadly, the colour scheme I used is the only one that brought out the particle effects in my eyes. I just lost interest in finding brighter colours when the particle effect is so underwhelming. Another reason why I am hoping they address it.