[Possible spoilers] The Mordremoth Massacre

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

After watching the video of the battle against Mordremoth, I’ve been left wondering if there were any surviving airships after the fight. There were so many, and despite the sabotage of the Sylvari, surely at least one survived.

This theory has spawned into a full event I imagined up, with several ships spawned from the Pact that I think makes sense. I’m just curious what you guys think of it.

Within the pact, there were eight unique ships. Five airships were given to the five races, and staffed fully and only by that race, and three airships given solely to the three Orders, for them to hold and claim as their own. Of these eight airships, only four managed to return from the battle. And almost no other Airships in the fleet returned.

These ships are the Claw’s End, the Alchemy, the Queen’s Glory, the Raven, and the Pale Leaf. The Valorous Soldier, the Unknown Mystery, and the Hidden Blade. When the battle began, they fought hard, managing to fight back some of the vines at first… until the Sylvari turned. The Unknown Mystery exploded in a massive burst of energy, one of the Priory’s experimental weapons sabotaged and destroying their ship. The Vigil and Whispers ships fought back the saboteurs, the former due to the Vigil’s discipline and the latter due to the Whispers’ natural distrustfulness and awareness of others. They, and the other remaining ships, saw how badly the fight was going and turned to flee.

But they had a problem. The Pale Leaf, a ship manned entirely by traitorous Sylvari. Showing what courage they could, the Claw’s End and the Valorous Soldier turned their guns upon their fellow pact ship, distracting it and enabling the remaining airships to escape.

Once they escaped, they went their separate ways. The Hidden Blade went back to the pact camp, to alert the Commander that HE/SHE was now in charge. The Queen’s Glory went back to Kryta, to provide protection from their southern borders. The Alchemy returned to the Asuran lands, desperate to provide help before Rata Sum is crushed between the Sylvari and Mordremoth. And the Raven went down to Fort Trinity, to alert the rest of the Pact, what remained in Orr, of how badly the battle went, and how devastated the Pact had become.

This is what I see in my mind. Are there any stories from the battle you envision?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

I think from the battle there will be a lot of paranoia (naturally) around sylvari and likely purges of the Sylvari from places like Divinity’s Reach and Lions Arch. After the Scarlet episode, maybe civilians began resenting the Sylvari, this time it may be the survivors of the slaughter who will lead vigilante justice, primarily from Humans and Charr, as they are the only races who are very much ‘them or us’ in times of panic. The Asura tolerate the Inquest the Norn allow the sons of svanir into the Hoelbrak, somewhat tolerating them should they behave.

Lion’s Arch will likely be a no go for the Sylvari race as the citizens of Lion’s Arch know all to well what a renegade Sylvari can do, especially with Canach and Scarlet.