Q: Shiny Foil Candy Wrapper

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

When i give the candy wrapper to the skritt does it count as account base or per character base? does it count the same if i submit from different character or per character have their own tickets for the winning chance? the skritt said ’ Yes, yes! I’ll keep this with others. Put your name on it. You’re a very good friend! Thank you!’ so i will assume it is per character.
also the wiki description ‘Each wrapper represents one ticket in the raffle’ will this ticket be an account bound or character bound? i wish someone can clear this things up for me. thx.

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

Why does it matter? All your characters are on the same account. What ever character recieves the mail you can just transfer the item to the character you want to use it, or you can sell it on the trading post. I’m sure you can mix candy wrapper exchanged between different characters without any problems.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I can see a couple of problems if it’s character based and someone deletes that character or the winning email goes to a character that’s rarely used and the winner doesn’t think to log on to that char to check.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Babelfish translator of above

Antwort: Mehr Bonbonpapiere gewähren eine höhere Gewinnchance. Das System funktioniert Accountweit und unterliegt keinen Beschränkungen.
(German)
Answer: More candy papers provide a higher chance of winning. The system works account wide and is subject to no restrictions. (English)

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

allright. thanks everyone

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I just hope they don’t make the mistake of awarding more than one skin per account, no matter how many wrappers are deposited. One thousand skins should go to one thousand different accounts.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Even of You gave 500candy wrappers to the skrit, doesn’t ment you are going to win.
The guy who gave 1 candy wrapper can still beats the guy that gave 250 candy wrappers.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

@Valandil
From the same source:
Q: Is it possible for one account to win more than once?
A: That possibility exists. The chance is minimal but present.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

Just for fun, i thought i’d do a little math from a few sources to get an idea of how low the odds of getting a skin is .

The average amount of tickets per trick-or-treat bag: 0.021
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trick-or-Treat_Bag/research

Farmoween results so far: “137,944,233 ToT bags gathered by players” .
https://www.facebook.com/BlackLionDailyHerald?hc_location=timeline

137,944,233 bags x 0.021 tickets per bag = 2,896,828 estimated tickets found from trick-or-treat bags.

2,896,828 tickets / 1000 skins = about 1/2897 chance of getting a random skin per ticket exchanged.

(These results are way off, because these tickets wrappers are for sale in the cash shop, and we have no idea how many of those were sold. These are just figured from trick-or-treat bags.)

Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Even of You gave 500candy wrappers to the skrit, doesn’t ment you are going to win.
The guy who gave 1 candy wrapper can still beats the guy that gave 250 candy wrappers.

But the guy who gave 2500 candy wrappers (and yes, there are people like that) is still far more likely to win than the one that gave only one wrapper.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I think this whole raffle thing is funny.

You have a chance to get wrappers from ToT bags…. and the wrappers give you a chance to win the raffle.

A chance to win a chance……

It’s like a bad xzibit meme.

Yo Dawg, I herd you like RNG, so I put RNG in your RNG….

Attachments:

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

This particular part of Halloween is the most disturbing to me. Games have become more transparent towards the idea of utilizing the chemical reinforcement of the brains pleasure center, moving drops from particular enemies (thiefs can only drop daggers, archers only drop medium armor, etc.), to any item can fall from any mob. Now, in this case, they’ve said game play doesn’t matter at all. Buy a ticket and take your chances. It would have only been slightly better to have the foil slips drop only in game. I firmly disagree with this form of ‘reward’ or ‘gameplay’. It is not what RPG’s/MMO’s should strive towards, they should run away from it.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You know there’s no way they’ve tested this properly. There’s just not enough people with access to their test servers to have put the system through the numbers it’s going to face when it’s time to decide the winners.

Personally, I’m hoping the code goes awry and there’s mass mailings of hundreds of these skins to people. Or something else equally as catastrophic. This is something they shouldn’t have done, and nothing teaches “don’t do that again” like getting burned.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I think this whole raffle thing is funny.

You have a chance to get wrappers from ToT bags…. and the wrappers give you a chance to win the raffle.

A chance to win a chance……

It’s like a bad xzibit meme.

Yo Dawg, I herd you like RNG, so I put RNG in your RNG….

It’s about as funny as the Queen’s Gauntlet tickets: grind to get tickets so you can grind to get chance bags.

Posted by: azzy.6485

azzy.6485

How funny would it be if the system didn’t take the actual number of wrappers into account…what if the system just looked for a check to see if the account turned in at least 1 wrapper and was now entered into the contest…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How funny would it be if the system didn’t take the actual number of wrappers into account…what if the system just looked for a check to see if the account turned in at least 1 wrapper and was now entered into the contest…

Actually, we already know how the system will work, and it’s not that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It would be funny if the skin prizes from the raffle are account-bound on acquire.