In my opinion, GW2 is dying

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

stahp man!

seriously, this is the same with WoW, this game is NOT dieing, is just you that maybe don’t like it so much anymore… but trust me, this game is alive and well… is it a perfect game? no, but still is pretty good.

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

Guild wars 1 held my attention for 6+ years and i don’t really ever remember complaining about the game in all of those years. The PvE was engaging, the story missions made you feel like you were a big part of the world and you experienced the narrative directly, not in splintered personal instances that are shoddy and not even really as good at serving their purpose as the systems in GW1. Combat was really deep and rewarding, AB, RA, etc. would hold my attention for hours, days, years…the sheer amount of build depth amplified by team composition, you really felt like you mattered and played a role in combat. A big mistake they made was downplaying that and making it very simplified in GW2. A lot of GW2 is made up up great concepts which fail in execution. I didn’t mind petty things like not being able to jump or having persistent world content. My problems with GW2, even from launch, have been such:

1. Shallow combat system.
2. No real incentive to group in the open world, trivializing the MMO feel.
3. Combo fields don’t really encourage active synergy.
4. The consolidation of skill mechanics (like hexes, boons, etc) into homogenized conditions, effectively taking a lot of the risk / reward out of combat situations.
5. The lack of trinity structure to build content around. (Taking away an interactive paradigm and making the roles less distinct only creates vapid homogenization, bosses with giant health pools that laugh at whole skillbars [Defiant and Unshakable are absolutely terrible design cop-outs], inability to design deep encounters, and no deep synergy between classes. No active mitigation, removing a skilled role in PvP without doing much to replace it. It doesn’t create more strategy or tactical thinking. Down State and the like are absolutely terrible and shallow replacement mechanics to cover up this wound, Areas that lie dead are impossible to solo because they have overtuned mobs, game design isn’t consistent. No tangible role effectiveness and dependency fosters solo attitude and takes a lot of the enjoyable depth of engagement out of partying.) There are so many reasons why this game should not have left trinity in the dust. Quite frankly, the gameplay is very shallow and impersonal without it. We’ll see how it works when done right in WildStar.
6. Absolutely bogus trait system, non-working elements, pigeon-holes players.
7. Weak and limited skill system designed more for restriction than fun.
8. Poor progression and map elements (Skills should be acquired in a more fun, engaging way. Skill challenges are a joke, probably take all of 5 minutes to design.
9. Casual-focused themepark design, not conducive to system depth.
10. Content designed for zergs and complete lack of ability to design encounters that accent the depth of the skill system. Obvious that how the combat system works in a group environment was overlooked, there’s nothing deep or engaging about it.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Selwynn.2758

Selwynn.2758

• 1 – I believe activity is a large role in whether or not a game is dying. If half of my guild is going inactive, as well as every single other guild that I’ve talked to as well (like I said above, except 475+ guilds) have been drastically losing activity, that’s a sure sign of a game dying.

Define “dying.” No game, of any type stays at launch level population/activity. Is guild wars heading to shutting its servers down, or to a stable population level (hopefully of players actually focused on its designed end game, sPvP and WvW. )

• 2 – Another sign, as pointed above, is dungeon running. Hardly anyone runs dungeons anymore compared to what it used to be, and I don’t really think you can argue with that. I don’t count people sitting in Lion’s Arch afk dancing with their fractal backpiece and legendary as being active.

Dungeon running isn’t designed to be the long term end game that gives you endless fun, despite the fact that some people want it to be. sPvP and WvW are. And although I am a hardcore WvWer and do little sPvP, even I’ll concede that sPvP is really what Anet would like to see take off as an E-Sport. If Anet is successful it won’t be because they added another kittening dungeon for pvers. Three years from now, if anyone is still playing GW2, it will be because they’re playing sPvP e-sport style. (I can only hope the find someway to do something similar for WvW, but I don’t think that is their top priority.)

• 3 – I never said GW1 was, or is, better than Guild Wars 2. I said there are amazing aspects of Guild Wars 1 that were never included in Guild Wars 2, and it is a shame that some things they did right in their first game, they completely messed up in their second.

They didn’t “mess” them up at all. They made a game that isn’t to your taste. I played GW1 as well, and I prefer GW2 by leaps and bounds. In fact, I’ve played (takes a deep breath) DAOC, AC2, SWG, COH, L2, WOW, AOC, AION, RIFT, SWTOR and probably missed several in that list and I can say, without a doubt, GW2 is by far my favorite MMO of them all.

Selene Swiftfire, Elementalist
Selwynn Swiftblade, Guardian
E m p ë r i u m [EMP] ~ J a d e Q u a r r y

Selwynn.2758

I wish that everyone who posted on these boards had their Server automatically tagged to their signature. People’s perspectives are influenced by a lot of things, and what server they play on is certainly one of them.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Though most of it is personal bias and preferences, the only possible true problem stated on this thread is that CoF 1 draws too many players away from other game content. Not revised AC’s fault, it’s just too easy to complete vs the effort required by anything else. Hopefully they will keep rebalancing Dungeons so more interest in something not CoF1 is ignited.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Guild wars 1 held my attention for 6+ years and i don’t really ever remember complaining about the game in all of those years.

The thing thing it was 6 + years ago the world both real life and the internet world has changed a lot. There where ppl calling GW1 dead with in the first weeks even with in the first year of it you just missed it. Nothing has changed but everyone ability to post your views in more then one places with not true consequent to it and even if they do not have a good idea to start with.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

My server is Blackgate, arguably one of the higher populated servers.

Selwynn.2758

GW1 was not an mmorpg so to compare it to GW2 is a bit wrong.

Some people disagree with that…I am one of them. It wasn’t directly an open-world mmorpg, but it was definitely still there. I mean really…mmorpg stands for what? “Massively multiplayer online role-playing game”, correct?

• Massively – There were large number of players who played – check
  • Multiplayer – You formed parties and guilds and achieved things with them – check
  • Online – check
  • Role-playing – Well I was playing a character I created, so – check
  • Game – check

If it isn’t an mmorpg, what was it? GW1 is definitely comparable with GW2 in many aspects, especially user interface and such, which is mostly what I was referring to anyway.

The near-universally agreed on definition of MMO includes: persistent open world. Even Anet disagrees with your broad definition, describing GW1 themselves as “not an MMORPG” When they described GW2 prior to release, their starting point was to talk about how GW1 fueled their desire to make “a true mmo.”

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Maybe his server is Kaineng and he just doesn’t know why the largest 5 guilds on the server moved away. Posts like these wreck the morale of players, and lead to even more people quitting the game (not that GW2 is suffering, contrary to your unprovable claims). I hate when people post things like this.

No other /MMO/ in the past 4 years has shipped with the amount of content. The amount of /end-game/ content is a different story, considering the entire game in its entirety is the end-game.

Perhaps you’d like to link us your account screen to prove that you’re an experienced player whos explored every facet of the game including 100% map completion, all 3 Order storylines, obtained your legendary and ranked up in both sPvP and WvW? I’m sorry, but until you’ve done all of these please refrain from acting as though you’re the authority on what the game did right and wrong. I’ve done all of these and I can personally say that ArenaNet packed a kitten lot of content in the game, and I’m kitten proud of them.

Thank you, ArenaNet.

PS: Do your research, OP.

Star Ace.5207

Selwynn, they will keep updating PvE too. Not only the “e-sport” aspect of the game will be necessary for the game’s long-term success. I never played that much PvP on GW1 myself, and the game was fun to me all that time while mostly doing PvE.

In short, the game will do better if both areas of the game receive fair treatment, not if one is emphasized over the other.

Feel free to disagree, of course.

The Eternal Grace.3157

Some people disagree with that…I am one of them. It wasn’t directly an open-world mmorpg, but it was definitely still there. I mean really…mmorpg stands for what? “Massively multiplayer online role-playing game”, correct?

• Multiplayer – You formed parties and guilds and achieved things with them – check
  • Online – check
  • Game – check

If it isn’t an mmorpg, what was it? GW1 is definitely comparable with GW2 in many aspects, especially user interface and such, which is mostly what I was referring to anyway.

The near-universally agreed on definition of MMO includes: persistent open world. Even Anet disagrees with your broad definition, describing GW1 themselves as “not an MMORPG” When they described GW2 prior to release, their starting point was to talk about how GW1 fueled their desire to make “a true mmo.”

I would like to reiterate:

especially user interface and such, which is mostly what I was referring to anyway.

If you disagree that it’s an mmo, that’s fine. That doesn’t mean Anet has to take a step down in terms of UI customization and user-friendliness.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

He is basically saying that MTG had the will to survive 20 years even though people said it was dying and that means the same will happen with GW2. They just can’t be compared like that.

M:TG didn’t have “the will to survive”, it adapted over and over again. It tried new things . . . failed a bit, stumbled, and picked itself back up by reinventing itself. To be blunt, the M:TG of Urza’s Saga is not the same as the M:TG of Innistrad or the M:TG of “The Revised Era”. I’ve talked about this (at length at times) at card shops from the Fallen Empires release (“Why this expansion doesn’t stink as much as you think it does”) to the more current Avacyn Restored (“Why this expansion isn’t as stupid as you think it is”). I’m not going to go into more detail here but it’s said by the development staff that M:TG is always changing and shifting as the expansions come out, such that while the basic rules are the same the field of play slightly shifts.

I’m not trying to convince anyone anything. I’m pointing out facts that obviously others see as well. If you’re too offended by my obvious points, don’t read the forums.
Play your beautiful, lively game that people are so active in (not including yourself, since you’re on the forums anyway, I suppose).

I’m not offended by your posts, I’m mostly offended by blind posts either way on this issue. (Yes, even the ones going “greatest game evar!” make me shake my head sometimes.) I save being offended for much greater transgressions than “This game is dying” or “this game stinks and you stink for liking it”.

I’m on the forums and not the game because I have other work which precludes me from playing, but not from reading. Also, I stated recently, I’ve picked up a job (go me, no more barely making it) but it’s left me so drained and on at odd hours that I don’t get to play with friends. This draws me more into “I’ll play when I can jump in with them” territory, as I don’t feel the pressing . . . crushing . . . maddening need to get ALL THE DAILIES!!!!!! or to drop in on every World Event, farm all the dungeons every day . . . for stuff I don’t even want or need.

And by the way, I don’t think you’re pointing out facts. You are pointing out observations, and experiences. These have value, of course, but I wouldn’t call them “facts”. The few times I do play I rarely have run into completely abandoned areas where things are devoid of interaction. (There are exactly four areas I find which don’t have many people in them often, unless a bounty is in their sights. Other than that, some WvW Borderlands are vacant except for enemy forces, depending on the time of day EB may join that.)

. . . anyway, I’ve about said my piece on this, so I’ll let you all get back to talking or arguing or trying to decide what topping on the pizza you’re ordering.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

The game improve itself every new patch in the right direction just be patient.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Yet a mere 3 weeks ago…

Hi, only a simple question : has the server capacity been increased again today?
I see many medium servers today.

Many THX =)

Due to a number of servers approaching full with a recent influx of new players from the sale on Gw2 that just ended, the server capacity was recently increased for a number of servers yes.

And now all those servers are Very High population. Every single one in the US.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Xfire stats (for what they’re worth) as of April 29, 2013.

Total (xfire enabled) players:

League of Legends 98,955
 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 55,148
 Call of Duty 2 30,310
 World of Warcraft  21,965
 World Of Tanks 9,730
 Guild Wars 2 9,545
 Minecraft 8,733
 Dota 2 8,570
 Battlefield 3 7,745
 Star Wars: The Old Republic 6,158

By any definition, that’s a hit. Right between World of Tanks and Minecraft.

Dam Minecraft and Dota 2 are that low odd they seem like wildly popular games.

Not everyone runs Xfire, whatever that is. So it only demonstrates popularity among people who have it.

Consider how many people have bought Minecraft, I think they lately reached a sales milestone . . .

Of course, that game is not GW2, even if with some mods you can get something closer to an MMO out of it

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

There’s a difference in a game ‘dying’, and a game reaching its maintenance level of population. Due to the buy-to-play nature of the game, people will leave when they get bored, and they’ll come back when there’s new stuff out. That’s how GW1 worked for the most part, and how ANet is obviously aiming to make this game.

The Eternal Grace.3157

Perhaps you’d like to link us your account screen to prove that you’re an experienced player whos explored every facet of the game including 100% map completion, all 3 Order storylines, obtained your legendary and ranked up in both sPvP and WvW?

Grinding for everything highest-tier doesn’t mean there’s tons of great content. Again, please read the post, because as I said, I still enjoy playing this game.

For the record, though, I have leveled all 8 professions to 8 and played through a majority of everything because of this. I do not have 100% map completion quite yet (which I am still working towards, although the hearts are rather boring), and saying that my unluckiness with the precursor is holding me back from a legendary would be an understatement.

Jski.6180

• Online – check
  • Game – check

I would like to reiterate:

especially user interface and such, which is mostly what I was referring to anyway.

If you disagree that it’s an mmo, that’s fine. That doesn’t mean Anet has to take a step down in terms of UI customization and user-friendliness.

Then you can call single player games mmorpg if that your view. What was the last one that was an interface like an mmorpg but it was offline comply Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. At least i think it was comply offline.

Would you too call dark souls an mmorpg? Or D3 D2 SC2 1 WC 3 (not sure if the other had online) the list goes on.

Enjoyluck.2618

In any way i have more time to play League of legends they get aram que now.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Just because your guild & guilds you know are dying, doesn’t mean the game is. My gulf is so large we had to maker an overflow guild. 5 real life friends just joined.

the dragon events are still healthy, & I have no problem finding dungeon groups.

So your experience is not the same as fact.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The game grew every month up until March, since then we have no conformation one way or the other. Claiming the game has been shrinking since launch is a flat out lie.

The Eternal Grace.3157

Arguable as well, but for the most part I agree. A lot of their patches have been nerfs, causing friends of mine to actually stop playing some of their classes because of their lack of build variety in PvE due to so many PvP nerfs (Engi, anyone?).

I made this post, mostly in response to the video I posted, actually, because I believe it will help point Anet in the right direction.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

What I mean by “dying” simply this: Activity is decreasing. I don’t think really anyone can argue with that.

When your evidence of “decreasing activity” is completely anecdotal…

Yes, yes you can. And the entire discussion will be pointless.

It isn’t anecdotal at all when I have yet to hear someone in a guild that has less than 475 active members saying anything different, at least from my server, anyway.

Anecdotal means you came by the information by casual observation and not rigorous scientific method. Seeing as you could not possibly have access to the data involving past and current guild populations across the whole game then of course it’s anecdotal.

As a matter of fact I mentioned in my previous post that my guild was actually still growing, rapidly. Mine is only a 240 active member guild and I’m not even on the busiest EU server (I’m on Seafarer’s Rest). So my anecdotal experience is the complete opposite of yours. Go figure!

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

The Eternal Grace.3157

Just because your guild & guilds you know are dying, doesn’t mean the game is. My gulf is so large we had to maker an overflow guild. 5 real life friends just joined.

the dragon events are still healthy, & I have no problem finding dungeon groups.

So your experience is not the same as fact.

As I said, large guilds aren’t experiencing this. I mentioned that, if you would have actually read it. Dragon events are still healthy, yes, but they’re boring (quite an understatement), and still less people do them now then compared to a while ago.

I never claimed finding a dungeon group was hard, it still is easy (thanks to gw2lfg.com..), but that doesn’t mean dungeon activity has been stable.

Enjoyluck.2618

Arguable as well, but for the most part I agree. A lot of their patches have been nerfs, causing friends of mine to actually stop playing some of their classes because of their lack of build variety in PvE due to so many PvP nerfs (Engi, anyone?).

I made this post, mostly in response to the video I posted, actually, because I believe it will help point Anet in the right direction.

I hope they don’t destroy engie <3

Selwynn.2758

Maybe his server is Kaineng and he just doesn’t know why the largest 5 guilds on the server moved away. Posts like these wreck the morale of players, and lead to even more people quitting the game (not that GW2 is suffering, contrary to your unprovable claims). I hate when people post things like this.

This is the first time I’ve been on the forums in three months. And I’ll likely not be back for three more months. I broke my rule because I was eating some dinner and thought I’d read a bit while I did….. my rule is this:

Never, ever, read the official forums of ANY mmo that you enjoy.

The people most highly motivated to post are people who have some gripe or rant. People having a blast generally don’t bother posting.

It is a FACT that the population of GW2 is changing, people are not playing the same ways or in the same areas or doing the same things. It is also highly likely that the fully predictable population spike of the first six months is over and moving toward something more generally stable.

But dying? Maybe. I certainly don’t see it on my sever.

I’m actually surprised more people are impressed by the monthly events and multi-part evolving world stories Anet has put out. I’ve never seen anything quite like that in any other MMO I’ve played, not with the clockwork monthly consistency or on that scale.

Don’t get me wrong, I won’t begrudge you at all if Anet adds some new instances to explore that are rich and elaborate. I hope they are more like the vanilla dungeons and less like Fractals tho but that I totally personal taste. Given that I spend 90% of my time in WvW these days after putting 3 toons to 80 (1 at 60) – very happily so I might add – I’m fine with whatever on the PvE front.

As long as it does not turn into WoW. Gear treadmills and progression raiding pushed any sort of meaningful pvp out of that game. Progression raiding is a full-time development task. Right now you have some nice PvE and a big creative world for leveling, but the “end game” is centered around WvW and sPvP. That’s by design and I think its perfectly FINE that we PvPers get ONE good MMO that does that out of a sea of a billion PvE MMOs not to mention the most successful PvE-focused MMO in history.

If people aren’t getting enough PvE content in this game, my personal wish was that they would go to another game. Actually let me put that a better way, cause that’s rude. I wish that Anet would continue to make me feel like its endgame emphasis is on PvP (sPvP and WPvP) – because that is such a RARE thing for MMOs and me and my friends absolutely love it.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Ah well, sucks it’s dying. I still have fun with it though and I’ll keep playing until they turn the servers off.

The Eternal Grace.3157

The game grew every month up until March, since then we have no conformation one way or the other. Claiming the game has been shrinking since launch is a flat out lie.

In terms of numbers, maybe. In terms of activity: unlikely.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Allow me to sum up this thread with a few observations:

“My guild isn’t active anymore, so that means the game is losing players as a whole”

“I can’t find random groups to do dungeons with anymore, so that means no one wants to run dungeons”

“I’m making my claims about player activity declining as a whole. based solely on my own lack of being able to do stuff I wanna do with random people”

How many fallacies can we find here?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Star Ace.5207

Just for your information, RIP or “game is dying” threads are never positive for the game, nor will lead developers in “the right direction,” which also happens to be your subjective opinion.

If the world is ending for you, doesn’t mean it has to be for everyone else. You are indirectly transmitting your own negative/unfavorable opinion on many readers that don’t know any better and read what you posted. CoF 1 is too easy-yes. Only concern I see that’s really valid in your whole post. I have my own concerns with the game, but I would be deluding myself if I believed that “the game is dying” just because it isn’t all I wish it was.

Enjoyluck.2618

Nobody run dungeon because it gives bad rewards for the time you use. Well exept cof part 1 >< Right warriors? XD

Jski.6180

Any way this is all pointless a major update is coming in say 24hr ppl are going to come flooding back for the new FREE content so ya there you have it.

The Eternal Grace.3157

“My guild isn’t active anymore, so that means the game is losing players as a whole”

“I can’t find random groups to do dungeons with anymore, so that means no one wants to run dungeons”

“I’m making my claims about player activity declining as a whole. based solely on my own lack of being able to do stuff I wanna do with random people”

Allow me to sum up this comment with a few observations:

“I don’t want to read about his guild, so I’ll assume that his comment on guild activity relates purely to his own”

“I’m too lazy to read about his dungeon section, so I’ll assume that he meant he can’t find a group to play with anymore.”

“I think I’ll make some ridiculous response that includes me in the conversation but really doesn’t make sense according to what was said.”

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

The game is not dying.
People will always complain no matter what. There’s no way they can please everyone.

Imagine you play a warrior but find the warrior very weak. Then you might consider making a post in the forum or commenting some other “warrior is weak” thread.
Now imagine you play warrior but you love the class and think it’s absolutely perfect. Then you probably don’t make any posts about how great the class is and how much you enjoy playing it.

My point is, people love to make posts and complain about how bad they think something is. However, not many make posts and say how great something is.
Just because there are a lot of negative posts on the forums doesn’t mean the game is dying. It’s the same everywhere.
And it’s quite obvious a game loses players after its release. The game might not have lived up to the people’s expectations, they maybe just didn’t like it or something else. Once again, it’s the same everywhere.

It’s hard to get excited when every patch is just more nerfs.

I can see confusion getting nerfed, and perm stealth was BS, but most of the stuff that got nerfed was fine.

This is all about opinion. I think quickness was way too op and deserved its nerf. Especially quickness stomp.

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

League of Legends 98,955
 Call of Duty 2 30,310
 World Of Tanks 9,730
 Guild Wars 2 9,545
 Minecraft 8,733
 Dota 2 8,570
 Battlefield 3 7,745

Twitch is the popular site now.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Allow me to sum up this comment with a few observations:

“I don’t want to read about his guild, so I’ll assume that his comment on guild activity relates purely to his own”

“I’m too lazy to read about his dungeon section, so I’ll assume that he meant he can’t find a group to play with anymore.”

“I think I’ll make some ridiculous response that includes me in the conversation but really doesn’t make sense according to what was said.”

But wait, you didn’t tell me how many fallacies there are in all your posts. Try again?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

In terms of numbers, maybe. In terms of activity: unlikely.

Yes, I’m sure they’ve raised the server caps twice since launch since activity is going down…

Selwynn.2758

There’s another factor here too – if T.E.G is a gamer used to putting in 10+ hours a day, then he is going to notice that it seems like fewer people are around know. Know why? Because that’s not normal. LOL

Lots of people who play till 6am local time start to go “where’s everyone gone” because sane people still play GW2 but have resumed other parts of their lives as well. People who in the initial zeal set aside things like, you know, lives to play non-stop now play daily for 2-4 hours instead of 8-10.

The hardcore powergamers are always the first ones to feel “bored” and wonder where everyone went. They never seem to consider this point. EVERYONE ELSE WENT TO BED

Jski.6180

League of Legends 98,955
 Call of Duty 2 30,310
 World Of Tanks 9,730
 Guild Wars 2 9,545
 Minecraft 8,733
 Dota 2 8,570
 Battlefield 3 7,745

Twitch is the popular site now.

Hehe no one watching it so not worth playing? When did gaming become the “writing on a laptop in a cafe shop?”
I get your point i just think a tv show like web pages is not the best way too to show what game is doing well and what game is not.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

People watch other people play video games?

how boring

Smooth Penguin.5294

I just figured it out! OP’s server isn’t winning in WvW, so he thinks the game is dying since all the BG players quitting en masse. That explains a lot of where his rage is coming from.

Attachments:

The Eternal Grace.3157

My server hasn’t gotten first place in WvW in ages. We’ve been getting second or third overall for a while…(note first tier WvW matchup as well). I didn’t come up with this post from nowhere, I’ve been observing it and talking to many other players (not just from my server) who have seen decreasing activity as well.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Totally agree OP find a new game with things you enjoy, trying to convince people with blind faith in a product will never work.

As for the game dying not sure but from what i’ve seen its drastically declined in the past few months and so many players have taken breaks or moved on..

So each time i see Nerf this and Nerf that with very little content fillers and major mechanics overhauls i see massive groups leave, which doesn’t help the game..

Personally think you’re wasting you effort trying to explain to blind faith player that spend their whole lives on the forum defending a game and never playing it..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

Totally agree OP find a new game with things you enjoy, trying to convince people with blind faith in a product will never work.

As for the game dying not sure but from what i’ve seen its drastically declined in the past few months and so many players have taken breaks or moved on..

So each time i see Nerf this and Nerf that with very little content fillers and major mechanics overhauls i see massive groups leave, which doesn’t help the game..

Personally think you’re wasting you effort trying to explain to blind faith player that spend their whole lives on the forum defending a game and never playing it..

Agreed because if it was so wonderful they’d never be on the forums.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

The Eternal Grace.3157

Thanks for supporting. These are kinda the views I’ve seen from a large number of players. I would consider myself a very large fan, and I still actively play, but I’m not afraid of admitting to the game’s downfalls and weaknesses.

The Eternal Grace.3157

And as for randoms on the forums, I don’t really care what they have to say, whether it’s against me or not. I’m just hoping someone from Anet actually reads posts and listens to their community because if they keep it up like this, their active numbers will continue to decrease.

Edit: Added “active” numbers, which really, is the important part.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Thanks for supporting. These are kinda the views I’ve seen from a large number of players. I would consider myself a very large fan, and I still actively play, but I’m not afraid of admitting to the game’s downfalls and weaknesses.

I personally have no reason to make things up. If I thought the game was that good, I would be playing it right now.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I agree with the OP to a degree, especially on the topic of AC. I hail from a pretty populated server. I always see players in every zone during my travels, kind of the same numbers I’ve seen since about the mid of September, so I won’t say the game is dying in the open world.

But, when it comes to doing dungeons, that’s a whole different ballgame. If it ain’t CoF p1, then it ain’t getting done. A generalized exaggeration, but kind of has a hint of truth. I too remember when the dungeons to do were AC all paths, CoF p1 +2 and maybe CoE 3n1’s. Not counting fractals, CoF p1 is the only thing that I can group for with speed, everything else…takes forever.

Since AC’s reboot, gw2lfg.com looks like a CoF/Fractals lfg tool. Dungeons are a huge draw for me in themepark MMO’s. I like to do them to be doing something as themeparks don’t have many tools to sustain themselves, unless ofc they have their grinds and treadmils ala the EQ/WoW model. If this were a sandbox title, I wouldn’t be worried about any of this, I would have many other things to do besides dungeons.

Granted, I could be leveling alts (have 5 80’s already), I could be gearing for different builds (lol), I could be trying to get legendaries for each weapon slot (too much time involved there). So what do I do, I traverse the open world hitting up metas and nodes helping with the occasional DE or running CoF p1 (when I’d rather be running CoF p3). I just don’t know what to say.

When I can’t find groups even within my own guild because they would rather run CoF p1, that’s got to say something.

Now, folks can say that AC isn’t difficult, I agree…it isn’t, that’s not the issue. Perceived time vs reward in comparison of all other dungeons compounded by the opinion that dungeons in this game aren’t very fun in general, it’s just that much more not worth it to do. I personally think each path or each boss for that matter should drop very specific things. Remember green weapons in GW1, something like that.

You want people to play your dungeons, got to give up something that draw in the crowds.

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

The game could be great but I think many of us see that our concerns are ignored as they keep going down the path they have been on. It just gets boring after about 4 months and the constant nerfs to everything don’t help make it more fun lol.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

a lot of people like me are critical of the game, we just don’t think the game is dying base on our experience of playing the game everyday. It is possible that the game will die in the future, just like all other MMO out there, but i don’t see GW2 showing the signs of a dying game, at least for now. They have a good business model here, with all the regular free content updates.

Stop acting like you are the good guy and we are the blind fanboys.

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

(edited by Kript.3291)