Raven's spirit glider is too big

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drium.3814

Drium.3814

A new glider added in gemstore is too big, if someone open it above my character i dont see half of my screen, and I dont know what’s going on, plz reduce it sizes.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It needs to be big because you are inside of it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Drium.3814

I understand this, but when ppl do meta events in zergs and sombody starts using it I dont see anything and this is a problem. I realy like to see some amazing stuff ingame but this size is insane. Any other glider dont have a size of this. Dont make a player more important from seeing where u fly, or seeing where the boss/ important monster is.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Working as intended

A giant glider isn’t a giant glider but rather a giant advertisment in the sky. The glider taking up half your screen swallowing up asuran a and small children is the ultimate Pingas Wars glider. Especially with its hippie tie dye paint job. It can’t be ignored so people will see it and might buy one themselves.

I don’t mind it though as I use the floral glider myself bit of glider diversity never hurt anyone

(edited by Doam.8305)

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

and yet armor is still clipping through and ruins immersion

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

Saw it previewed on Dulfy and had to have it. its the perfect size. you don’t have to have your settings turned up so that you see all allies around you. All Hail the glorious Raven!

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I, personally, think it’s a bit on the large size, as well. Have to pull my camera back from where I usually have it set to see anything when using it.

I wish they could do that auto-camera distance thing that happens at World Bosses for this glider. Only make sure the camera returns, unlike what happens at World Bosses.

I’m not sure if I want to keep it.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I really like it, something new and fresh.

A powerful raven spirit flying to kill you!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Drium.3814

Maybe you guys like it but why the hell I’m forced to see this, it interrupting my game. As far as i know we dont have option “Disable gliders other players”. I just starting avoid other players in air.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

vote for option
[x] disable big gliders and big wings

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I find it perfect for soloing. If it becomes an issue for me somewhere I will simply switch to a smaller glider until it isn’t a problem anymore.

With the right dyes, this will be the closest thing we get to Wonder Woman’s Invisible Plane.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I find it perfect for soloing. If it becomes an issue for me somewhere I will simply switch to a smaller glider until it isn’t a problem anymore.

With the right dyes, this will be the closest thing we get to Wonder Woman’s Invisible Plane.

What dyes are those? ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

It is a spirit, it’s incorporeal. Everything should clip through it without ruining immersion for once.

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

and yet buttcapes* are still clipping through and ruins immersion

Fixed

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

If they reduce the size they better be rdy to refund half the ppl that bought it.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

NOOOO
DON’T YOU DARE MINIMIZE IT!
if they minimize the glider, then it won’t be the product I bought, and I want my gems back. Even more than that, I bought gems for the specific purpose of buying this glider, and not a miniversion of this glider, so they shoudn’t refund the gems, they should refund the money, then.

Please retract this topic before an ANET dev sees it, and considers minimizing the glider.
Sincerely
-everyone who bought the raven glider

Amaimon.7823

Maybe you guys like it but why the hell I’m forced to see this, it interrupting my game. As far as i know we dont have option “Disable gliders other players”. I just starting avoid other players in air.

for the same reason I am forced to look at longbows that fire unicorns, and backpacks that make obnoxious weird sounds (job-o-tron)
if I have to suffer obnoxious visuals and sounds from other players, then so should you, besides, are you really that bothered by a slightly bigger glider you will see maybe once or twice a day?

Amaimon.7823

vote for option

[X] Normalize people’s glider
[X] Disable people’s Backpacks

These are my requested settings. (By normalize it means everyone else will appear to have the basic glider)

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Yeah, I’d love a “disable backpack” feature. Wings-B-Gone.

(edited by Ariurotl.3718)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

slightly bigger glider

“Slightly”? Really?

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I am loving the raven glider. It’s big, sure, but so kitten gorgeous. I absolutely love filling up people’s screen with my flashy glider and blinding them with my awesomeness.

Well, one thing: I wish shadow abyss would actually show as dark black instead of transparent grey-ish, but otherwise it’s the best glider ever.

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

I am loving the raven glider. It’s big, sure, but so kitten gorgeous. I absolutely love filling up people’s screen with my flashy glider and blinding them with my awesomeness.

Well, one thing: I wish shadow abyss would actually show as dark black instead of transparent grey-ish, but otherwise it’s the best glider ever.

Hahaha I laughed so hard at this. Just imagining you going around like

Attachments:

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

Haha, that’s how it looks like

If you see me swagging all over your screen, say hi!

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

Haha, that’s how it looks like

If you see me swagging all over your screen, say hi!

Awesome – I’ll be the guy swagging right next to you

Amaimon.7823

slightly bigger glider

“Slightly”? Really?

yes, I say slightly because there are other big gliders as well

Amaimon.7823

I had the same problem with 2 other gliders that had fumes and could be dyes, celestial = white, but Shadow Black = light-grey

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I don’t go to the gem shop much. Anet have some of my spondoolics now as I just had to have the glider. It is, to quote the vernacular, awesome.

No shrinkage please or I’ll be wanting a refund

PS
Agree with others about the abyssal dye. It would be nice to be really black.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

vote for option

[X] Normalize people’s glider
[X] Disable people’s Backpacks

These are my requested settings. (By normalize it means everyone else will appear to have the basic glider)

You can add disable all character auras to the list too. Anet seems to get a thrill out of trying to see how much visual clutter they can add to the game.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I love this glider! Like others have said, I wish black dye would work.

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

It’s called the “raven glider” but you can’t dye it black?

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

The shadow dyes seem to come close to this. I also really this glider. I have no love for the gemstore and the way it is run, but for me, it was worth spending the gold for it. Unlike some here, I have not had the issue others are having with others with it taking up screen space. Perhaps need to scroll back more to see more or screen size too small? Not sure, might be one of those things I will have to test out myself to see what the issue is.

(edited by TheMagickDoll.7594)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

vote for option

Already Voted!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

vote for option

Already Voted!

nice

“I know your face from my dream”

But we can’t see each other behind those big wings of the Norn standing between us.

This makes me so sad

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Which is the biggest problem in the concept of this glider.

When I first read “Raven Spirit”, I thought, “Wow, how cool!” Then I previewed the glider, and it’s cheesy and ugly beyond words.

First of all, why does the character have to be “inside of it”? And secondly, how much cooler a decent spirit effect with just a hint of wings and a beak would have been?

I, for once, won’t waste Gems on that thing.

Edit: I too would vote for “Disabling of big gliders and backpacks”. When I was doing yesterday’s JP, I missed several jumps because of huge characters with even bigger back items (namely wings) in front of me. Whoever came up with the idea of making in-game life miserable for non-Charr, non-Norn player characters by having those hulks constantly blocking your view when jumping or gliding did a great job.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

It would’ve been more immersive to keep the glider normal size and transform the character into a worm.

Ardid.7203

It would’ve been more immersive to keep the glider normal size and transform the character into a worm.

Agree. Make the character just a light or an orb if you don’t like worms. It would have worked.

Hawks

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Working as intended

True, but maybe it’s time those that approve and allow all these visuals distractions and clutter review just how much they distract from game,annoy some of their player base and visually interfere with play before adding them.

Posted by: Despond.2174

Despond.2174

I was running along then I saw this massive celestial flying creature. I dive to the ground, “HOLY COW A SECRET WORLD BOSS!” then I saw it was a glider. :O

Amaimon.7823

Working as intended

True, but maybe it’s time those that approve and allow all these visuals distractions and clutter review just how much they distract from game,annoy some of their player base and visually interfere with play before adding them.

then they would still be added because the average player won’t fill the bill you just set up.

Ardid.7203

then they would still be added because the average player won’t fill the bill you just set up.

I know you haven’t just declared yourself the official representant of every average player in GW2. Its just my eyes that are tired, Right?

Hawks

Blude.6812

Working as intended

Translation please? Are you saying the majority of players like not being able to see anything or are you saying the leads don’t have the ability to make good decisions to improve the game over gem store sales?

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Well, I’m getting a refund for sure if they reduce the size of it.

It’s perfect the way it is.

Amaimon.7823

Working as intended

Translation please? Are you saying the majority of players like not being able to see anything or are you saying the leads don’t have the ability to make good decisions to improve the game over gem store sales?

Translation; the majority doesn’t think it’s a visual distraction or annoyance

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I agree, this glider is too big. Even zoomed all the way out, it blocks too much of my screen when other players use it near me.

Ardid.7203

How do you know that?

Hawks

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

Working as intended

How do you know this? Was there an official survey? Since there WASN’T an official survey, you are just guessing.

Amaimon.7823

because there are 18 people on the forum complaining it’s too big, and at least over 5000 players who use it ingame

Blude.6812

Working as intended

Stats on that OPINION please. We can disagree and voice our OPINION but neither is a fact.
and got a source for 5000 number as well?

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I like the glider and it’s size in relation to my character. I don’t feel it is too big. There are other gliders that are pretty large as well (bubble one comes to mind).

There are some situations though where putting on a smaller glider is a courtesy.
For example, in an HP zerg be polite and put on a smaller glider so the folk behind you can see where they are going. Nothing like trying to fly to a branch you cannot see because the person in front of you has a glider that blocks your view of where you need to land. That is pretty much the only instance I can think of where the larger gliders can get in the way of others. Other than that I don’t see where the larger gliders impact much of anything. I enjoy seeing all the different gliders out there.

Amaimon.7823

Working as intended

Stats on that OPINION please. We can disagree and voice our OPINION but neither is a fact.
and got a source for 5000 number as well?

an estimate, I see the glider every 10 minutes. I see someone posting a negative reply.. not every ten minutes. hence, an estimate. My post isn’t about the exact numbers, it’s an estimate of personal experience. My point was, there were a few people complaining on the forums, while there are tons of people happily using it ingame, or not happily using it ingame but just not buying it