Replaying living story parts for mawdrey

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

Hi all,

is there any way for me to replay DR part 1 for the gifts needed to complete the first backpiece for mawdrey?

I had completed the story awhile back when it first came out on my main character, stupidly I had not intended to create the backpiece and threw the pieces away.
Today I decided to go for it again and am using an alt character. I started the living story part, and it allows me to play each individual part, and when I go in and play it, I get no rewards.

I need the following:
Ley Line Infused Stone
Vial of Sacred Glacial Water
Weirded Phantasmal Residue

I ask this because today on this same alternate character I completed the dragons reach part 2, and I got all of the rewards….and I know for a fact I ALSO completed that on my main when it came out as well, and am confused as to what the difference was since I just jumped into it and didn’t play my alt for some time.

Is there any way to receive these rewards again replaying it, or do I have to buy them with laurels?
Is it perhaps that I did not start the story from the beginning, and just jumped to a specific instance to replay that it happened? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

if you can talk to Azarr Softhoof in Uplands Oasis he has everything you need cost is 4 laurles each.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley_Line_Infused_Stone

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azarr_Softhoof#Items_offered

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

IEximius.9204

the problem is i am short on laurels so i am trying a method to bypass and receive the reward the normal way.

I am starting the living story part from the very beginning – scratch, instead of jumping into a specific story part to see if it makes any changes.

I know for a fact that I didn’t complete the living story on this character so I will have to see if that changes anything.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can get the rewards again by repeating the stories. I haven’t bothered doing that myself but apparently you have to talk to one of the NPCs at the end of each instance.

IEximius.9204

You can get the rewards again by repeating the stories. I haven’t bothered doing that myself but apparently you have to talk to one of the NPCs at the end of each instance.

Going to attempt this instance for the 4th freaking time to see if this works, hope it does.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you have another character that hasn’t completed the episode, you can play it on that character to get the rewards again.

IEximius.9204

If you have another character that hasn’t completed the episode, you can play it on that character to get the rewards again.

The one I am doing it on is an alternate character that is 80 and I never do anything with. I know for a fact it had not completed it but its not giving me the rewards.

I however did get the rewards for part 2, but part 1 isnt going the same.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

pretty sure you can just play another character “which havn’t done it yet” to receive the rewards.

I redo the story on another character and get everything I needed without spending laurels and get another mawdrey.