Sad Tequatl in his cage

Sad Tequatl in his cage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Logged on to an empty Tequatl… AGAIN, he has never been completed on my server… He looked so sad just standing there doing nothing as his timer counted down… Actually looked like he was in a cage.

Attachments:

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

You think this is sad, wait till they revamp Jormag and Shatterer and they never get done on your server to. Come back then and tell Anet how ya feel.

Trust me, I know, it never gets done anymore on any server I don’t think, it’s just like the Karka Queen, they introduced it, people did it, now it never gets done anymore, cept on very very rare occasions.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Next time your there tell Tequatl he can find everyone in the Queensdale swamp waiting for the new “more difficult” SB to spawn.

The Burninator

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Just remember folks. Anet is looking to tune all dragon fights to be of similar in difficulty to Tequatl.

So much to look forward to.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well, you can still get one achieve point on the daily ‘do Teq event’ by going there, hitting him a couple of times then go afk.

That’s something at least.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

You think this is sad, wait till they revamp Jormag and Shatterer and they never get done on your server to. Come back then and tell Anet how ya feel.

Trust me, I know, it never gets done anymore on any server I don’t think, it’s just like the Karka Queen, they introduced it, people did it, now it never gets done anymore, cept on very very rare occasions.

Karka gets done each time her timer comes and for tequatl there is 1 server for french that host all the french for tequatl and tequatl usually dies on it from 1PM to 8PM almost every day, but beware on week end and after 5PM, you might want to be there 50min before the start. I’m sure you have the same system but you don’t know where and when.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

He’s harmless when he’s in his cage. Go over and give him a hug, or take a nice warm shower underneath him.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Tequatl still gets done on some servers and guesting is free. Anyone who insists on getting it done on their server is being stubborn.

The store down the block from where I live was out of milk. Now I have to go without milk. It’s a tragedy. Why doesn’t my store have milk….I mean I have to go to the next shop now, and that’s a couple of blocks away. Oh the pain.

Teq still gets done. The Karka Queen still gets done. You can join a server that does them both if you want…or you can post to the forums and never get your achievement.

It’s better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

On the topic of other boss redesigns, I’m pretty sure none of them will require the coordination of Tequatl. Anet does learn from these things, the way they learned from the original Karka event.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it never gets done anymore on any server I don’t think

correct.

TTS only organize to kill teq on overflows nowadays, not main servers.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I’m with OP

ANet screwed up here. They need to sort out global instances when they do stuff that requires such large numbers to give a kitten .

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

it never gets done anymore on any server I don’t think

correct.

TTS only organize to kill teq on overflows nowadays, not main servers.

Fake, done on daily basis at least once but most of the time 3 sucess, in vizunah.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: TastyMuskrat.3794

TastyMuskrat.3794

Teq is done every night, to my knowledge, on my server of StormBluff Isle. It’s arranged so we organize right after the daily reset.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Actually looked like he was in a cage.

He doesn’t need a cage since he never moves….

I’m not sure how ANet ever thought having a dragon that is essentially an inanimate object (from both a mechanics and animation perspective) would be “epic” or fun.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Rama.6439

Tequatl still gets done on some servers and guesting is free. Anyone who insists on getting it done on their server is being stubborn.

The store down the block from where I live was out of milk. Now I have to go without milk. It’s a tragedy. Why doesn’t my store have milk….I mean I have to go to the next shop now, and that’s a couple of blocks away. Oh the pain.

Teq still gets done. The Karka Queen still gets done. You can join a server that does them both if you want…or you can post to the forums and never get your achievement.

On the topic of other boss redesigns, I’m pretty sure none of them will require the coordination of Tequatl. Anet does learn from these things, the way they learned from the original Karka event.

You seem to think that if it is getting done on 1 server, everyone can get it done, you forget that server gets full, then people get thrown into overflows, then what, it dont get done. This is what is in store for every dragon event in the soon to be future.

And no, Anet learned nothing from Karka Queen, they never learn, look what they did to WvW, they don’t learn, they think they know everything already.

My bad, just realized who I was responding to, might as well be responding to a wall…

Välkyri – 80 Warrior

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

the game needs to have pve content like this. the rewards should be better, and it should probably be an instanced event…….but this type of event is needed (more difficult/coordinated large-scale events) even if only a small fraction of players will want to play it.

there are tons of content options that are quick and efficiently rewarding (most world bosses, champ trains, and some dungeon paths).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

You seem to think that if it is getting done on 1 server, everyone can get it done, you forget that server gets full, then people get thrown into overflows, then what, it dont get done. This is what is in store for every dragon event in the soon to be future.

And no, Anet learned nothing from Karka Queen, they never learn, look what they did to WvW, they don’t learn, they think they know everything already.

My bad, just realized who I was responding to, might as well be responding to a wall…

It’s sad especially when players actually predict exactly what will happen because of these bad decisions….

An event that ‘requires’ 80+ people? That’s a mistake right off the bat.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Joining TTS and participating in their attempts aren’t hard, people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1opapd/tts_the_truth_of_what_we_are/

Very strange to see people still complaining about Teq when he’s being farmed in 5 overflows daily.

EDIT: Also, Karka Queen is being done practically daily on ~70-80% of servers (ATM, only 5 out of 24 NA servers have Queen CD’s of over 100 hours.) I’d say it’s being completed pretty frequently judging from metrics we can see.

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I just wanted other interesting stuff to happen during the fight, like when it stomps it’s foot and sends up a wave. That kind of stuff should have been there from the start.

The problem with the previous Teq is you could just stand in one spot(never ever move if you had stability) and be successful in starter gear. You only needed some kind of condition remover and and bow and you were set. It never changed the direction it was attacking, never mind the blob trying to kill it was off to the side, it keep on attacking straight forward. It had blinders on.

Currently though, the only reason I don’t do Teq is because I would always hit overflow and there were not enough people to do the event. I don’t care anymore so I don’t bother. Probably only going to be greens at best anyway.

The previous version of Teq was a complete joke of an encounter.

Shatter is really quite sad also. Jormag isn’t much better.

I would rather see interesting ways for the encounter to play out instead of a bump in HP or a requirement that there be at least X# of people the to provide enough DPS.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Yeah I really don’t like that the encounter has basically become “Have enough DPS to win?”

God forbid you have people who are condition or support built. They’re just buffing his HP to screw you over!

And yeah, it’s empty on my server too. We’ve killed it….twice? I think. On the actual server that is.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Dont worry it will get fixed august 2014

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Jade Quarry tonight.

Thought I took another picture. Had a bonewall up at 13 minutes, 0 turrets alive.

Attachments:

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Rama.6439

Yeah, it’s gonna get pushed to the back of the desk, just like precursor crafting has, promises made, promises broken, not that they have made any about TEQ and not that we are asking for any but please, don’t Anet, we don’t want you to break anymore.

Jade Quarry tonight.

Thought I took another picture. Had a bonewall up at 13 minutes, 0 turrets alive.

And what do you expect, all the PvErs are in WvW cause Anet gave them a bunch of new achievements to go after, and all the WvWrs are sitting in que.

Välkyri – 80 Warrior

(edited by Rama.6439)

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

the game needs to have pve content like this. the rewards should be better, and it should probably be an instanced event…….but this type of event is needed (more difficult/coordinated large-scale events) even if only a small fraction of players will want to play it.

there are tons of content options that are quick and efficiently rewarding (most world bosses, champ trains, and some dungeon paths).

Does it really? are you sure? coz i’m on one of the busy servers i’ve still not done Teq, why? every time i’ve gone to sparkfly the place is deserted.

The first couple of weeks, i couldn’t get on my own server, overflow, after overflow. Since then i’ve gone there many times in hope of getting him done but most times i’m there alone.

I’ve lvled 9 chars to 80 with 100% map completion on all of them. Every time i went thru Sparkfly b4 Teq2, the map was always full of ppl doing all the events around the map, waiting for Teq to appear etc.

Now, no one does anything, no one goes there, at least not when i’ve been there and i’ve tried to go there at different times.

I’ve heard however, that this event has become exclusive to certain groups/guilds that taxi ppl to their own private overflows and that’s how it gets done.

So i guess this boss is reserved for elite groups and rest of us miss out. Like the OP, i feel saddened when i go there and see Teq in the cage. I often ask in map chat if anyone is there when he pops up and never get any response. So as usual, I go about and gather my wood/ore and leave with a feeling that yet another map has gone down the drain.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

People would at least participate if it would just scale it down to where they said it would be in the first place! It was supposed to scale to a minimum forty people. I’ve tried it with a 40 man group, we lost 2 turrets the entire fight for a few seconds each, bone wall went up once, just a very well organized group of pugs.

We didn’t even get him below 90%, this is not difficult content, it’s a freaking DPS check that requires you to jump occasionally. Either you have enough people and therefore the DPS to beat him, or you don’t and you cannot.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

We didn’t even get him below 90%, this is not difficult content, it’s a freaking DPS check that requires you to jump occasionally. Either you have enough people and therefore the DPS to beat him, or you don’t and you cannot.

Yea, I’m really not a fan of the DPS check and would like to not see this in Shatter or Jormag if they get treatment.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil! — prophet still, if drake or devil! —

Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,

Desolate, yet all undaunted, on this splintered coast enchanted —

On this realm by Horror haunted — tell me truly, I implore —

Is there — is there balm in Sparkfly? — tell me — tell me, I implore!”

Quoth Tequatl, “Nevermore.”

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

teq offer nice weapon skin,too bad i did him 10 times and don got 1, so r the rare breathers. you know, if a net gave a set of achievements that would reward a player with 1 ascended weapon after completing it 10 time like the title i be down right doing that stuff every day.
seeing a group of 80+ people working to kill this but only 2 person get a ascended every bloody time sicken me to the bone

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Yeah, it’s gonna get pushed to the back of the desk, just like precursor crafting has, promises made, promises broken, not that they have made any about TEQ and not that we are asking for any but please, don’t Anet, we don’t want you to break anymore.

Jade Quarry tonight.

And what do you expect, all the PvErs are in WvW cause Anet gave them a bunch of new achievements to go after, and all the WvWrs are sitting in que.

Only difference is more players at Tequatl. Still same outcome.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Vayne.8563

Anet DID learn from the Karka Queen. Since then they haven’t done a one time only event, with everyone having to show up at the same time to do it. That’s called learning.

Anyone can guest to another server to do it. Today I guested to Maguuma where they gave it a try (unsuccessful, but it was planned and I joined).

Anyone who wants to do it, can find out where it’s being done and make it their business to be there.

I’m not sure why people think every single aspect of a game needs to be able to be done by every single player in the game in the first place.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

I’m not sure why people think every single aspect of a game needs to be able to be done by every single player in the game in the first place.

Then you don’t understand people and gamers in general, and quite frankly, you never will. And in fact, it might explain why your views clash so much with a lot of other forum goers.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Vayne.8563

Then you don’t understand people and gamers in general, and quite frankly, you never will. And in fact, it might explain why your views clash so much with a lot of other forum goers.

Except that I’m A) not alone in my views and there are more people on the other side of the coin, who don’t play like I do that would agree with me.

Who do you think the people generally are that think that it’s okay to have ultra hard content that requires organization? I’ll give you a hint…it’s not carebears like me. lol

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Yeah, I have to use guesting to kill an open world boss. And first I have to find the right server.

Bad game design is bad.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Vayne.8563

Yeah, I have to use guesting to kill an open world boss. And first I have to find the right server.

Bad game design is bad.

In most games you have to find the right guild to do the hardest content. This is actually easier.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Kaiyanwan.8521

If I wanted WoW open world bosses, I would play WoW.

GW2 bosses should be epic but not a guild event for 100 people in teamspeak. God knows why ANet started thinking this would be a good change. Tequatl has been deserted on my server since the first week.
I am not even sure if my server killed him once (the page showing it won’t work for me…).

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Except that I’m A) not alone in my views and there are more people on the other side of the coin, who don’t play like I do that would agree with me.

Who do you think the people generally are that think that it’s okay to have ultra hard content that requires organization? I’ll give you a hint…it’s not carebears like me. lol

I know you’re not alone in your views, that’s why I didn’t say “all” forum goers.

But what I mean is this: You basically just said “I don’t see why people would want to experience every part of the game they just bought.”

It just seems like a silly thing to say, in my opinion.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Ursan.7846

Bad game design is bad.

TTS doesn’t require guesting since they only use overflows.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Bad game design is bad.

TTS doesn’t require guesting since they only use overflows.

Yeah, we have all heard all about TTS, you do not have to keep advertising for them in every thread about teq. Enough is enough, OK?

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Ursan.7846

Yeah, we have all heard all about TTS, you do not have to keep advertising for them in every thread about teq. Enough is enough, OK?

I’ll consider it when people stop spreading misinformation.

i.e. your accusation that I advertise TTS on every thread about Teq. Patently false, good sir. I only do it on this thread because people seem misinformed.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

When I go there on my server, that has pve population high, there is no-one. Just like I expected it to be. This will never work because the loot sucks, and in the same time farming anywhere else(no not wvw) is better for drops.
People did it for their ap’s and moved back to the daily routine.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Abyssisis.3971

Abyssisis.3971

Content shouldn’t require people to guest to complete it. I used to play on Devona’s Rest, and being Australian, playing on oceanic time, we’d have 10 or so people show up and it take the best part of 30 minutes to down teq prior to him being buffed, now it be impossible with the 15 minute fail timer… Content should be doable for all servers on all time zones without needing to guest to a zerg server, join a zerg guild, use overflows etc.

Commander Obscura
The Bloody Rain [Rain]
Devona’s Rest

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Kaiyanwan.8521

Having a one-hit-wonder guild you have to join, so you can beat a single boss in the game is really good game design.

I mean, hey, that’s what guilds are for. And thank god we have overflows – now they have a meaning. Sometimes I wish I had created my characters on the overflow server instead of my own one.

At least now we have real raiding in the game, with coordination and TS and stuff, for the tiny chance to get the best gear in game. That is what the game was advertised like.

I am really happy, that this game becomes more and more like the one other game out there. Screw those casuals, they don’t need the best gear anyway, they can do the stuff they do in greens.
The best gear is needed for the hardest content. The hardest content is for the best coordinated players. Therefore, the best gear should drop from the hardest content.
Only the people willing to work towards the best gear should earn it in the end.

If you and your guild or server are too bad, you do not deserve it anyway.

I for one heard that kind of stuff before.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Anet DID learn from the Karka Queen. Since then they haven’t done a one time only event, with everyone having to show up at the same time to do it. That’s called learning.

That’s Ancient Karka event. Yes, they learned something – that their servers are not up to the task. Now, Karka Queen… that didn’t teach them anything.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Vayne.8563

I know you’re not alone in your views, that’s why I didn’t say “all” forum goers.

But what I mean is this: You basically just said “I don’t see why people would want to experience every part of the game they just bought.”

It just seems like a silly thing to say, in my opinion.

I’m saying that in a themepark game (and this game is very much a theme park) not everything will be for everyone. It would be like going to Disneyworld and paying the admission price and then insisting every single ride be something you’d enjoy. If you only like roller coasters, then you’re going to be very disappointed. If you don’t like roller coasters, you don’t go on space mountain.

It’s the same here. There are, in every single MMO, a percentage of people who want to be challenged. This isn’t news to anyone. And there are a percentage of people who want to bang around the world and have a good time without any risk at all. This also shouldn’t be news to anyone.

All I’m saying is that this game has a bevy of stuff for the latter group, but relatively little for the group that wants a challenge. Providing stuff for the group that wants a challenge IS going to leave some people out…probably most people. But you can’t leave out an entire portion of the population just because it’s not your portion.

I think it’s a silly thing to assume that most people expect everything in the game to be for them, or even finishable by them. I think some people do expect that, but I don’t think they’re the majority. Any more than most people who buy a five day pass to Disneyworld expect to enjoy every ride.

It’s simply not reasonable.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Vayne.8563

That’s Ancient Karka event. Yes, they learned something – that their servers are not up to the task. Now, Karka Queen… that didn’t teach them anything.

I don’t know. I don’t think the Karka Queen was supposed to be anything more than it is…something for larger guilds to do (and larger guilds do it).

Anet is trying to provide content for all kinds of people. Big guilds have guild missions they can do a couple of times a week, and WvW. This and the Tequatl encounter is something for them.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Well, you can still get one achieve point on the daily ‘do Teq event’ by going there, hitting him a couple of times then go afk.

That’s something at least.

And the best part is the game doesn’t try to kick you every minute or so for AFKing, like it does when you’re waiting at the finish line for the Sanctum Sprint to end. =p

Boy have our standards dropped.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Speaking for myself only, of course, I’m one of those people who wanted more challenging content and the Tequatl implementation is terrible. Yes, it is a start, but at the moment it is neither here nor there. If you’re casual, the time commitment needed for such a short and unrewarding fight is unattractive. If you’re “hardcore”, the time commitment needed for such a short and unrewarding fight is unattractive, you are forced to game the overflow system if you want to minimize the number of random elements present during the fight, and you have to live with the flaws of the overflow system (e.g. Got d/c on two separate occasions during the last minute or so of Tequatl, got stuck on an overflow, and, to add insult to injury, by the time I ran back from the waypoint it was too late to even get event participation for the daily, as I had not participated in the Tequatl fight on that particular overflow, despite dedicating quite a bit of time on the original server.) It’s time to put to rest the myth that this, in its current implementation, is what us raiders asked for (though, as I speak only for myself, perhaps I’m the only raider of this opinion).

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I like how people use guesting as the go to solution for these kind of things.

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t know. I don’t think the Karka Queen was supposed to be anything more than it is…something for larger guilds to do (and larger guilds do it).

There were hints about that time that suggested that it was supposed to be one of the ways to revitalize Southsun. It was definitely a direct response to the common complaint that Southsun was a dead zone with a visible lack of dynamic events (including world boss type ones). There was not even a slightest hint that it was supposed to be a guild/elite content – quite the opposite, it was supposed to pull people in.
Well, maybe it was supposed to be a difficult content and pull people in.

I am pretty sure it didn’t work out as well as Anet intended.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Wow guys this was so like 5 weeks ago. Get over it. I havent done Teq ever since I did all the achievements with that TTS guild. Then I left :p Sorry but I did use you for a couple hours.

So for me. Teq is over. I do not think I will do it again. Wont even try it because I’m already doing alot of things in the game with the new LS + dung + spvp + wvw + missions + temples. I dont have time to wait around for a boss. I used to do the old version because a group of 20-30 could do it. I would join in when a guildie would say its up. Its what I do for other World bosses but after the achievements I wont go back to teq. Its just not worth my time.

Piece of advice, dont bother. Unless its the last thing that you want to do and your going to die if you dont do it. In that case do what I do. Join a TTS guild, they dont require rep or anything. Just rep em at reset and then bail and if ur like me, leave after getting the achievements. No hard feelings. If they do the same to jormag, golem, ele, kitten, etc I’ll join a guild dedicated to dragons and after I get my achievements I’ll bail. ArenaNet have way too many people in charge with different views so we get content that looks like its screwed. I hope I dont get infracted it isnt an attack of the staff ><

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Sad Tequatl in his cage

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Only problem is that world bosses are not worth of doing cause they give lame rewords…i quit doing world bosses long ago,doing train for those time you whould waste time on world bosses will profit you more lol