Sandy Bag of Gear Dry Top issue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

You can buy sandy bags of gear from Dry top and Silverwastes. Okay no problem except their price differences…

Silverwastes sandy bag of gear costs 80 copper and 15 Bandit crests
Dry top sandy bag of gear costs 10 SILVER 24 COPPER and 28-39* Geodes

*Geode price varies based on map progress

How is this acceptable? Both vendors sell the SAME item yet there is a massive 10 silver difference. Why I’m concerned about this? As long as this continues I don’t have any incentive to do Dry top even though it is a nice map and even better with gliding.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Mind mentioning the rarity of each bag? If DT’s is rare, while SW’s is only masterwork, there you go.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Even ignoring the bag rarity (which we shouldn’t), there are plenty of reasons to do dry top independent of the bags.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it’s better to cash out geodes via brick of clay → clay pot
you get about 1-4s per geode (depending at what tier you buy the geodes
that said, yeah, sandy bags are wonky. it was probably a typo fro dry top vendors.

Bambu.4270

Mind mentioning the rarity of each bag? If DT’s is rare, while SW’s is only masterwork, there you go.

Both are masterwork rarity. This price different just doesn’t make any sense and needs to be corrected.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I was curious, so I bought one from dry top, then went and bought one from silverwaste.
they stack.
exact same bag.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It’s the old story of supply and demand. Dry Top is the butt end of Tyria. It lacks the infrastructure of Camp Resolve. It’s hard to get the goods out there but the merchants do because they know people will buy them and they have to charge more to cover their costs.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

It’s the old story of supply and demand. Dry Top is the butt end of Tyria. It lacks the infrastructure of Camp Resolve. It’s hard to get the goods out there but the merchants do because they know people will buy them and they have to charge more to cover their costs.

It is okay to be OOC on the forums, y’know. Player applied economics aside, it is a bad design and they should both be the same copper price (please don’t up SWs to 10S +change… no point in buying them if you could save half the silver and just buy greens from the TP).

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It is okay to be OOC on the forums, y’know. Player applied economics aside, it is a bad design and they should both be the same copper price (please don’t up SWs to 10S +change… no point in buying them if you could save half the silver and just buy greens from the TP).

OOC? Out of combat? I didn’t realise we were in combat! I was just making a joke!!

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

I was curious, so I bought one from dry top, then went and bought one from silverwaste.
they stack.
exact same bag.

Okay, this proves it.
Everyone get your banners and charge into ANet’s office now =P

Bambu.4270

All hoist the colors high! Anet lemme use my geodes on these!