Scribe, decorations, and the market

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

As being the main scribe for a small very active guild as well as the scribe for a large not so active guild, I love being able to craft things for both guild halls ( LP and GH).

But I feel that some of the stuff a scribe does is lacking. With the other 8 crafting professions, we have the option to sale about 80%?? of our crafted items. Now I know that the scribe was intended just for guild use and we can only make a very limited amount of items to sale.

That being said is there a way to either have a special scribe/guild hall part of the trading post where we can sale/buy guild related decorations? Be it limited to either Leader rank only being able to make the purchases or a clickable option that can be added to the rank menu? And/or have option to pay for it directly from a guild bank?

I think this will give a guild a chance to get rid of stuff that they are not using, while at the same time allow smaller guilds get decorations that might be out of there range material wise or might have missed out on from certain events, ie maybe they want a snow maker but missed the chance during wintersday 2016.

Also can we get better placement control? We have 1 key to place and 4 to remove. Would be nice to be able to actually select an item and have the option to move/rotate it WITHOUT DELETING the item first.

If enough people like the idea I have no problem re-posting this over into the QoL thread.

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I don’t really have an opinion on the sale of guild hall decorations, because I don’t know what kind of effects that would have on the market in general. I wouldn’t really be against having the ability to purchase decorations for my GH, but I wouldn’t want this to be a thing if it had detrimental effects on material prices. It’s an interesting idea, though, and maybe worth pursuing.

The main reason for my reply is to address this:

Also can we get better placement control? We have 1 key to place and 4 to remove. Would be nice to be able to actually select an item and have the option to move/rotate it WITHOUT DELETING the item first.

Just wanted to remind you that when placing a decoration, if you click and hold the mouse button, then move your mouse around, it will allow you to rotate the decoration before placing it. When you let go of the LMB, the decoration won’t automatically be placed, it will instead stop rotation and once again allow you to move the decoration around and place it where you want, only this time it will be facing the direction you rotated it in.

Hope that helps.

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Interresting idea. The decoration system is amazing but underused. That would probably help. But if you were to do that, you would also have to increase the drop rate of the random components dropped around the world, or the prices will skyrocket (since more people will craft decorations, in order to sell them). Just one example: Giant Mushroom Spores. They cost 12g each at the moment, and there are only 61 available on the trading post. If you were able to sell Squat Shrooms, buy orders for them would spike, so would their price (and they would probably completely disappear from the TP).

So yeah, it may be a nice idea, but it would require a lot of work not to crash the market.

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

The main reason for my reply is to address this:

Just wanted to remind you that when placing a decoration, if you click and hold the mouse button, then move your mouse around, it will allow you to rotate the decoration before placing it. When you let go of the LMB, the decoration won’t automatically be placed, it will instead stop rotation and once again allow you to move the decoration around and place it where you want, only this time it will be facing the direction you rotated it in.

Hope that helps.

Yeah I know that part. I’m talking more of after you place it and it doesn’t look right or needs to be moved/rotated some more once you look at it from a different angle or distance. Guild leader has massive OCD issue in that regards

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Ohh. Then I agree with you! I’d also love to be able to vertically raise and lower decorations while maintaining their horizontal positions.

And rotation along the vertical axis would be a dream, but I think a lot of decoration models are “open” on the bottom which a character could noclip through, so I don’t expect we’ll ever get that feature.