Skritt and Halloween Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nefari.6738

Nefari.6738

As someone that also received a Halloween skin (Scythe Staff Skin) from this event, I can confirm that the mail I received had the same wording as the one received by pixie.

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

Yup, opened 280,000 ToT bags in a hope I could get the Mini Ghost Wolf. That was a impossible dream but with at least the 4k wrappers I put in was my last hope to get the Greatsaw Skin (or any skin for that matter) at least… Guess that was another failed dream.. GREAT HALLOWEEN!

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

i bought 825 raffle tickets on the cash shop market hoping for a couple skins and nothing…. honestly screw it! so annoyed with this event… if its true that nexon is controlling the cash shop store we r screwed GG

This is where you get pointed at and laughed at. You’re like someone spending $10,000 on lottery tickets and screaming when he doesn’t win the jackpot.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

I won a Severed Dagger skin, and I probably put in roughly 60 scraps. Not the best skin, was really hoping for a Greatsaw, but at least I won something. :P

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It always says that it is a replacement item when anet mails something to you that you didn’t buy in the shop.

I didn’t win but I’m happy for those who did

That’s very nice of you to say, Ashandar. I also congratulate those who received an item!

Also, you’re right: Our distribution mail is a little wonky right now, and even if it’s a prize, it seems to indicate that someone is getting a “replacement item.” So I can’t verify any particular screenshot, but that is the message that appears when you’re sent a prize.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Mistress Elemental.3750

Were the skins all sent out at once or are they slowly being sent? Is there still hope to be had?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Were the skins all sent out at once or are they slowly being sent? Is there still hope to be had?

No hope left if you didn’t get one. They sent them all out yesterday. Grats to the winners….maybe I’ll get a good loot roll on something else (highly unlikely)…yes I’m cynical.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I wasn’t sure what the mail was when I got it, I definitely wasn’t expecting anything since I only threw in 5-10 wrappers. Took a moment to realize what I’d gotten. I never put any hope into RNG but after 3000+ hours it’s nice to get something unexpected.

Can’t complain about bad luck anymore now, either

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Honestly, I turned in around 750 wrappers, I thought I would be mad that I didn’t win, but.. Im not.

RNG is RNG.

I’m sort of used to not getting anything big and pricey in the game. 7.3k hours spread across two accounts has taught me that I should never get my hopes up for anything ever. You will never be disappointed then.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

A lot of people need to learn the fundamentals of gambling… The raffle was fun and free for those of us who just opened ToTs. If you spent a fortune in the cash shop on candy wrappers, well then… I guess it is best you learned your lesson at some point.

Congrats to the winners!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

if winners aren’t announced and nothing is ever published, it may as well have never happened. In fact, maybe it DIDN’T ever happen, how would we know?

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

if winners aren’t announced and nothing is ever published, it may as well have never happened. In fact, maybe it DIDN’T ever happen, how would we know?

You’re right. Maybe it didn’t happen. Maybe this was an elaborate scheme planned by the Skritt to make a fortress out of shiny wrappers. Maybe, the Skritt weapon vendor was Drooburt back from the dead. Or maybe you should shop at Ogden’s Hammer for great savings on all the tin foil you are stock piling.

Posted by: Bogdanus Magnus.8143

Bogdanus Magnus.8143

Well, congratulations to all winners. But could you please ANet change the dialog of the skrit so that it sounds more like he gave away all skins? Because there is no email received by players nor any indication in game/on a forum which states that ALL prizes were distributed. Like… when tv lottery is sorted, everyone knows the results, so if they win or loose; here, we have nothing but confusion… some say they received, some others that it still goes on… actually, a lot of my guild mates/friends still believe that they can win. Thank you in advance! Was fun, but meh… I never have any luck inside the game anyway, so I am not surprised I did not win.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Well, congratulations to all winners. But could you please ANet change the dialog of the skrit so that it sounds more like he gave away all skins? Because there is no email received by players nor any indication in game/on a forum which states that ALL prizes were distributed. Like… when tv lottery is sorted, everyone knows the results, so if they win or loose; here, we have nothing but confusion… some say they received, some others that it still goes on… actually, a lot of my guild mates/friends still believe that they can win. Thank you in advance! Was fun, but meh… I never have any luck inside the game anyway, so I am not surprised I did not win.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Halloween-Skrit-Wrapper-Weapon-Skins/first#post4557395

Hello. I checked with the team and yes, all Halloween Skins have been distributed. (They went out yesterday.)

The Burninator

Posted by: Bogdanus Magnus.8143

Bogdanus Magnus.8143

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Halloween-Skrit-Wrapper-Weapon-Skins/first#post4557395

Hello. I checked with the team and yes, all Halloween Skins have been distributed. (They went out yesterday.)

Well, thank you very much for your link. That would be nice though to have some sort of indication ingame to clear this up – like the skrit’s dialog telling something like “Sorry, I gave away everything that is not shiny.” I find it rather unprofessional to organise an event that can make players to win prizes worth houndreds of euros and not present any clear date or/and results when these prizes are distributed, or at least announce it was done and hopes are closed; that makes most players feel not cared about, unimportant – like skrits, actually: useless, numerous and dumb, unless a huge majority begins to speak out. I’m not willing to create any animosity here, I’m just giving my impressions about the way things are sometimes dealt with within the game. As a matter of fact, even the people that received a – or two – prize(s) got a random email telling them this was some sort of replacement item, not something they’ve won… rather confusing and leading some people to think these players got lucky because of a bug of some kind. So thank you again for your reply, JustTrogdor, and I hope ANet, which surprised me in a very good way with the last patch, will do something in the future in order to avoid these kind of unpleasent situations.

Mistress Elemental.3750

While I am very sad I won nothing for the 4k tickets I put in, and also did not get any ghost wolf from the now 320k ToT bags I have opened, it almost seemed like the Mini Llama was another prize that was being given out. (At least per that screenshot from one of the other posts.) That would have made me happy as well. Why were those not given to everyone that did not win at least? That would have been a great consolation prize since it is one of the 3 mini’s I still need to complete my collection. I mean I am still holding out faint hope I’ll get the mini wolf and its clear I wont get any of the skins but I would have liked to have at least 1 thing to show for the massive amount of gold I have spent.

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Oh well, maybe next year.

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

While I am very sad I won nothing for the 4k tickets I put in, and also did not get any ghost wolf from the now 320k ToT bags I have opened, it almost seemed like the Mini Llama was another prize that was being given out. (At least per that screenshot from one of the other posts.) That would have made me happy as well. Why were those not given to everyone that did not win at least? That would have been a great consolation prize since it is one of the 3 mini’s I still need to complete my collection. I mean I am still holding out faint hope I’ll get the mini wolf and its clear I wont get any of the skins but I would have liked to have at least 1 thing to show for the massive amount of gold I have spent.

Holy Skritt, that’s about 16k gold, selling that lot you could have been in GW2 rich list.

Mistress Elemental.3750

Holy Skritt, that’s about 16k gold, selling that lot you could have been in GW2 rich list.

Well, sort of….you need to also account for everything I get out of the bags and then sell to the merchant or the TP so I would say cut that total in half to about 8k but yea, this is why I am very unhappy. With that money I could have purchased Eternity and another legendary….so…..yea…..