So we are cowboys now?

So we are cowboys now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

with little cowboy puppy dogs? lol wow… I merely wonder could the time spent to make yet another gemstore outfit and pet IMHO as silly as these be better spent addressing the myriad issues the game has?

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah. Because the people who design gem store items totally work on fixing bugs or other issues.

I look forward to buying the new outfit and mini so I can be a gunslinger.

So we are cowboys now?

Devilman.1532

I know they have people assigned to different areas friend but perhaps a reassignment of people assets to more important things. Then again the gemstore is the cashcow… silly me.

So we are cowboys now?

RoseofGilead.8907

Well, the game doesn’t charge for a subscription, so they kind of need to make money somehow. So, yes, the gem store is the “cash cow”.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Do you think that players buying an expansion every couple of years is going to be enough money?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I know they have people assigned to different areas friend but perhaps a reassignment of people assets to more important things. Then again the gemstore is the cashcow… silly me.

Assigning people from the gemshop to anything else probably means… firing them — gems purchased with dollars & euros amount to a significant fraction of ANet’s income during most of the year.

You don’t like cowboy outfits? Don’t buy them. Other folks will like the fluff and they’ll spend their hard-earned (or softly-inherited) cash so that folks like you & me don’t have to pay subscription fees.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

So we are cowboys now?

Just a flesh wound.3589

OP, You have it completely backwards. Bug fixes, new content, fixing issues. All this costs money. The money coming in from gem store purchases is what pays for those things.

ANet may give it to you.

So we are cowboys now?

Devilman.1532

I would gladly pay a subscription to be honest if it meant real regular content, bug fixes, attention to all modes of the game such as WvW, PvP, (not just some PvE and Raids their current pet) etc. The other reason I object to silly things like cowboy outfits is it destroys any illusion of immersion that there is left. The game isn’t the wild west, but each to their own I suppose. Anyhoo… I guess its all just wishful thinking.

So we are cowboys now?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, since there’s no subscription and it’s unlikely there will ever be a subscription you’ll just need to get used to having the things you want done in game, like bug fixes, paid for by voluntary gemstore purchases.

Edit: aside from the name the new outfit looks just like medium armor to me, so I’m not sure why that’s immersion breaking.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

You could go play swtor who does charge a monthly sub, barely puts out any content, constantly breaks stuff with no fixes, and still has most of their resources invested in their version of the gem store. Most recently charging people $70ish for a lightsaber skin.

tldr: It can always be much worse.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

When I first saw this I’ll admit I did a little eye roll because I assumed it was another complaint about medium armor skins. I would’ve honestly preferred that honestly, as after reading this I went to check out the new stuff and just…ugh. Of the very few complaints I might make about gw2, as it is indeed an amazing game, outfits are indeed one of them. Don’t get me wrong there are some decent ones, but overall I hate the system as it seems each outfit has good qualities and bad qualities to my personal taste and I see pieces I’d love to mix with other skins but I can’t and I find it such an utter waste. Looking at this newest outfit, I simply can’t fathom how they decided to stop making actually good armor sets (looking at you primeval) and instead focus on making outfits now that to me personally are cringe worthy. I don’t mind outfits existing, but I don’t think they should ALL be outfits and while I would have gladly purchased many of them as armor sets to further my pursuit of fashion wars, I just can’t enjoy an outfit that much or think of it as a part of fashion wars since there’s so little I can do with it. =/

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

The people assigned to the make those gem store items are also the same one fixing the bugs in the dungeons.

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

cowboy outfit and puppy- Cantha confirmed

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The people assigned to the make those gem store items are also the same one fixing the bugs in the dungeons.

No.

Artists and programmers are not the same although there are some that can do both. It’s like how janitors and landscapers both maintain a facility but different different aspects of it.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

@Ayrilana

That was humor.

Of course we are cowboys now. Mounts are on the horizon!

So we are cowboys now?

Katastroff.1045

No.

Artists and programmers are not the same although there are some that can do both. It’s like how janitors and landscapers both maintain a facility but different different aspects of it.

=P

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

You could go play swtor who does charge a monthly sub, barely puts out any content, constantly breaks stuff with no fixes, and still has most of their resources invested in their version of the gem store. Most recently charging people $70ish for a lightsaber skin.

are we playing the same game?

last time i checked they released 2 expansions within a year, far more then the 4+ years Anet has pulled.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Theres a cowboy outfit in the gemstore??

throws money at the screen

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

are we playing the same game?

last time i checked they released 2 expansions within a year, far more then the 4+ years Anet has pulled.

He actually wanted to say “Final Fantasy 14”. There you p(l)ay 6 months of subsription fee (not sure, like €10 or €15/month) and people are happy about some lackluster content “update” for the price of a full price game they invested meanwhile (€60 or €90 respectively). Plus, they have a cash shop there. And full-price expansions. But voice overs are “too expensive”, so they rather spend BS in GCI cutscenes.

Also, your argument is not solid. If SWTOR has a subscription fee they can plan better than Anet (you see the cries in the forums every quarterly report) and also 2 expansions in a year… That sounds strange to me. Like those DLCs showing up with the just released game – why hasn’t it been in the core game to begin with?

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: dascott.6078

dascott.6078

Of course, YOU want to look like a gunslinger, Roland.

So we are cowboys now?

RoseofGilead.8907

Just doing what I can to stop the Crimson King, man.

So we are cowboys now?

Katastroff.1045

Cowboys…

Here’s an oldie but a goodie.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: dascott.6078

dascott.6078

Just doing what I can to stop the Crimson King, man.

Well thankee-sai!

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Um, that ‘silly’ gemstore cashcow keeps this game FREE to play. I dunno about you but that’s a pretty important thing to lots of people.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Well, to be fair, this outfit did address the issue of an over-abundance of trench coa-….

Lemme try this again. This outfit did address the issue of hair disappearing while wearing ha-….

Nevermind.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

It doesn’t look much different from other pre-existing medium armor sets. Why introduce it?

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

everytime this is brought up the same response is given:

The people who make gemstore items have nothing to do with fixing bugs. GW2 isnt run by like 2 people. They have teams.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

So we are cowboys now?

Katastroff.1045

everytime this is brought up the same response is given:

The people who make gemstore items have nothing to do with fixing bugs. GW2 isnt run by like 2 people. They have teams.

Well, maybe instead of making MORE trench coat, they could slap around the team that does the bug fixes.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

with little cowboy puppy dogs? lol wow… I merely wonder could the time spent to make yet another gemstore outfit and pet IMHO as silly as these be better spent addressing the myriad issues the game has?

So suddenly there is a theme you do not like and now you choose to make a complaint? Thats a little hypocritical just saying.

So we are cowboys now?

Just a flesh wound.3589

So suddenly there is a theme you do not like and now you choose to make a complaint? Thats a little hypocritical just saying.

Interesting point. I went back and found this…

Ice Encasement Outfit and Witch’s Hat! Pretty please!

I guess sometimes he feels the gemstore outfits are ok.

ANet may give it to you.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

The girls outfit needs to me more fantasy girly

So we are cowboys now?

Ryou.2398

The girls outfit needs to me more fantasy girly

Going to have to disagree considering these are cowboy/cowgirl outfits and not dresses.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Everytime xD

They. Handle. Gemstore. Skins.

Nothing is being delayed by gemstore skins. It’s like a child blaming the ice cream shop for having a new flavor they don’t like.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I would gladly pay a subscription to be honest if it meant real regular content, bug fixes, attention to all modes of the game such as WvW, PvP, (not just some PvE and Raids their current pet) etc. The other reason I object to silly things like cowboy outfits is it destroys any illusion of immersion that there is left. The game isn’t the wild west, but each to their own I suppose. Anyhoo… I guess its all just wishful thinking.

In reply to what I have put in bold:

How about the immersion for those who play Thief Pistol/Pistol or Engi Shotgun (aka as rifle). Yeah sure this update does break immersion, I guess you have never played these classes or seen anyone play with these builds.

I have not seen these outfits in game yet but I can already see I wont be happy about them after seeing the “bald” statements from some people. Now to THAT I can say when will Anet learn or just try a little harder?

Chars being bald that are not usually bald is what breaks immersion for me….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You don’t like it you don’t buy it. And if this is immersion breaking i don’t know how you handle those oversized backpacks people seem to love.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The other reason I object to silly things like cowboy outfits is it destroys any illusion of immersion that there is left. The game isn’t the wild west, but each to their own I suppose.

The “cowboy outfit” looks like several of the medium armour sets in the game so it’s not a radical departure from what’s already there. If it breaks immersion then it follows that they should also break immersion.

Are you sure it’s not the name that breaks immersion?

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

After taking a longer look at the outfit, I do like it. I already have enough outfits though, so am having a hard time convincing myself to buy it. If I had a character that made me think, “Ooo! That would be the perfect outfit!” then it’d be a no-brainer. But, at least for now, I’ll wait.

And I live in the Wild West!

So we are cowboys now?

Ryou.2398

How about the immersion for those who play Thief Pistol/Pistol or Engi Shotgun (aka as rifle). Yeah sure this update does break immersion, I guess you have never played these classes or seen anyone play with these builds.

I have not seen these outfits in game yet but I can already see I wont be happy about them after seeing the “bald” statements from some people. Now to THAT I can say when will Anet learn or just try a little harder?

I agree, the engi and theif would make sense, it may not be steam punk but it is close, he has a point though but at the same time this is not really meant to be an immersive mmorpg, it is meant to not suck you in so much where it is hard to log out, its not like your seeing first person immersion in this game. What I do not understand is your picking on this while you have people shooting rainbows and gliding on 3d blocks.

I do not know about you but it really throws me off when I see adventure box stuff, but it is really cool and unique so I do not complain about it either.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Sure, the new outfit and puppy isn’t my cup of tea, but it probably is for some other people – and the way I look at it is, if we’re getting another expansion sometime soon, they’re going to need as much money as possible to fund it, as well as afford staff to continue running GW2.

So the way I look at the gem store now, is completely different to how I used to look at it before. They need money to keep this game going, and if what they bring into the store isn’t your cup of tea, don’t worry about it, there’ll be other times where what they bring into the store, is something you MUST have. Seasons and cycles.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

So we are cowboys now?

Ryou.2398

Sure, the new outfit and puppy isn’t my cup of tea, but it probably is for some other people – and the way I look at it is, if we’re getting another expansion sometime soon, they’re going to need as much money as possible to fund it, as well as afford staff to continue running GW2.

So the way I look at the gem store now, is completely different to how I used to look at it before. They need money to keep this game going, and if what they bring into the store isn’t your cup of tea, don’t worry about it, there’ll be other times where what they bring into the store, is something you MUST have. Seasons and cycles.

I could not agree more, at first I did not like it as well.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

Here is the thing, for me. I have not been excited for an outfit since launch, when they were called costumes, and looked like costumes, and came with a toy AND you could dye every channel.
Now it’s mostly expensive garbage, with none of the above. :p

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

So we are cowboys now?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Here is the thing, for me. I have not been excited for an outfit since launch, when they were called costumes, and looked like costumes, and came with a toy AND you could dye every channel.

And you couldn’t use them in combat so they were mostly for people standing around in cities, which I rarely do, so town clothes were something I never bought. (And since they later ditched town clothes and switched to outfits it appears they weren’t a hit with most other people either).

ANet may give it to you.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

It’s high noon somewhere in the world.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

It really looks quite ridiculous. Esepecially since we got yet another outfit with a head piece that leaves characters bold. (head—>desk)

P.S. Also, I want outfits to finally be available as armor skins as well.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

But how do you tell if high noon is the same brightness as midnight?

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I agree, the engi and theif would make sense, it may not be steam punk but it is close, he has a point though but at the same time this is not really meant to be an immersive mmorpg, it is meant to not suck you in so much where it is hard to log out, its not like your seeing first person immersion in this game. What I do not understand is your picking on this while you have people shooting rainbows and gliding on 3d blocks.

I do not know about you but it really throws me off when I see adventure box stuff, but it is really cool and unique so I do not complain about it either.

Tbh I think I can count on 1 finger how many times I have actually seen people in this game with that unicorn/rainbow/whatever shooting bow. And yes I have been here since the start and have some 7k logged in hours I think (and not even 10 mins of those hours have been afk in towns or any such nonsense). And even then I am not sure it would break immersion for me as I know it’s part of the game.

The same can be said about stuff from the Adventure box. I don’t think any think of it when I see people with that stuff because I know it’s part of the game and they earned it in the game. Sure it was from a minigame that was a parody of games from the 80’s/90’s Era. But again I say, it does nothing to break it for me since I have played that content and know where those items come from.

The op is basically saying these outfits would suit no classes and as such would break immersion for him/her. Well as I have said this is not true as there are at least 2 classes these outfits would work perfectly for. If he/she was not aware of these classes will maybe now they are and who knows maybe in the future he/she might even have 1 of these classes themself and think about buying this outfit! O.O

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

That’s not how it works. You don’t re-assign artists to do programming.

As for the programming: bug fixing is not as simple as finding out why it happens. In the long run its better to just keep making new content and figure out bugs whenever they can, for none of the bugs we usually get are game breaking.

Honestly, the only thing a community can blame the devs on poorly utilizing resources on is when most of the community is clearly outraged all at once at something they added or changed: we’re talking thousands, not dozens.

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

And you couldn’t use them in combat so they were mostly for people standing around in cities, which I rarely do, so town clothes were something I never bought. (And since they later ditched town clothes and switched to outfits it appears they weren’t a hit with most other people either).

They probably could of fixed that without butchering the whole thing.
I will admit, I do love certain pieces of outfits. But they’re still outfits, and I won’t buy them.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

So we are cowboys now?

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

But how do you tell if high noon is the same brightness as midnight?

You mean high moon? Next Halloween, partner.