Sonder the Seller/skulls/fangs and nougat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Q:

Any chance to let Sonder the Seller to trade in skulls/ nougat and fangs? Currently there is no way (unless i missed something) to upgrade these items, and will be stuck with them until next year.
He is labeled as the festival merchant and did trade in these items up until ‘The Nightmares Within’ release.

Thanks.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sonder_the_Seller

Posted by: montes guest.9081

montes guest.9081

I was going to write a post about this too… so I endorse this post!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They have always been disabled when halloween wasnt live.
If you are in dire need of the rare versions of nougat, fangs and skulls i have a little tip for you:

Take the 1000 regular nougats, fangs or skulls that you intended to trade in with the halloween vendor to ANY MERCHANT and sell them.

Now you are the proud owner of 25,000 freshly minted copper coins, which is around 2.5 gold.

Take those 2.5g to the Black Lion Trader NPC of your choice and talk to him.

For the 2.5g you got just now for 1000 of those rubbish items, you can buy (current prices as of now):

6 High Quality Plastic Fangs or Gibbering Skulls (40s)
or 3 of Tyrias Best Nougat Centers (80s) (even though we all know that there can only be ONE bestest nougat center in all tyria)

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Not to sound mean, but we knew the festival was ending today, and Gaile said the festival vendors were leaving with it. Why not convert them while it was available?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Not that its any of my business anyways what you plan to do with your shiny refined garbage but those 3 mats have only one purpose, to forge the recipe sheets for the gifts of moon, spiders and souls.

Maybe you are completionist or something and want to have those recipes (you could just buy them from the tp as well) but there isnt really any need to learn those recipes as the gifts of spiders and moon are available on the tp for around 80g under crafting value, the gift of souls for 30g under crafting value. If you buy it directly from the tp, you not only save yourself alot of gold, you also dont have to spend 500 dungeon tokens, which are needed to craft the gifts.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Hard to argue with Wanze’s logic here.

Since these things drop from ToT bags, but are only used for Recipe: Gift of Spiders/Souls/the Moon, there’s not a ton of demand for them.

Like trading candy corn cobs for Halloween candy recipes, you’re going to get a lot more bang for your buck just by using the Trading Post.

(Edit: Assuming you even want the recipes, rather than just buying the gifts directly. Depends on what you want them for, I suppose.)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~