Suggestion - Chuka & Champawat Effects

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I don’t know, if I’m the only one with this, but to test the reaction out, I’m posting this.

But there you made that journey to obtain this legendary shortbow and once you’ve got it and you hold it in your hands, its effects and sounds feell a bit underwhelming compared to other legendaries.

To me personally what disturbs me the most is the sound effect when you shoot arrows…
If this really should sound like some kind of “TigerRoar”, then I must they that sound effect is miserably failing at it.
OS I suggest here i nregard of this, if it could be possible to rework the projectile sound effect from Chuka and Champawat to sound more like an aggressive ferocious tiger roar, instead like a tiger fart maybe oO dunno how to describre better how that stuff sounds, but definetely not like a roar.

Here, use this as an example and try reusing it maybe with your Soudn Devs resposible for that kind of stuff

at second 28 to 29 for example, then 32 to 33, at 1:27 to 1:28 is also good
That “purring” sound would be also nice as some kind of “idle sound” thats hearable, when you have just drawn the weapon, but your not shooting – basically signaling your readiness to attack ^^

What i want basically to sear hear is, that I find, that wielding that legendary shortbow should give you more the feling of actually "holding a ferocious “tiger” in your hands also" … aside from the visual effects, it should be also a kind of fitting audio experience.

When it comes down to the visual effects, I think the foot step effects could get a little overhauling work, making the foot steps a bit larger I think would be good and slightly more visually recognizeable.

In certain terrains you barely recognize the, while other foot step effects from other legendary weapons are alot more visible, like for example the dark black twinkling one from eternity which you basically can’t oversee that it is there.

You’ve reworked in the past already several effects from legendary weapons Anet, so I guess a little overlook to see, what you can eventually improve here on this shortbow legendary might not hurt

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Reedmaster.6051

Reedmaster.6051

A legendaries looks is up to personal preference, i personally like the look and sound of Chuka and Champawat and would go for it if only it wasnt a shortbow. This is the main opinion of the community.
Arenanet isnt going to go back and change one of the less popular and sought after legendaries on the plea of a small minority of the community.
Only changes arenanet has done so far on legendaries have all been aura and projectile changes as far as i can remember.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Chuka is spot on visually right now. I;d rather they didn’t mess around graphically with any further legendaries.

I’m not against a more ferocious audio sound though

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

To be honest, I wouldn’t want them to overdo the audio. Having a subtle sound while shooting the bow is fine, but I wouldn’t want a constant idle sound while wielding it, because it would be come grating after a while. I like to listen to the nice ambient sounds of the world around me, and idle sounds on a weapon would just drown them out.

If they do tweak the firing sound a bit, I wouldn’t want them to make it as obnoxious as The Dreamer. I ended up turning off unique sounds from other players because of how annoying it was listening to that neighing sound is every time someone with The Dreamer fights in close proximity to me. The sound for C&C might not be perfect now, but at least it’s much more subtle and not so annoying.

For the footfall, I wouldn’t necessarily make it larger. Maybe it just needs to last a little bit longer so as to be more noticeable (right now it disappears so fast you barely get to see it). But this is a matter of preference, as some players may prefer less noticeable footfalls.

All the other effects are fine for me. The bow has a very cool design and a nice trail effect flaming off the back as it is. Anything more than that would be overkill in my opinion. I’m not too fond of some of the overbearing auras that other legendaries have which hide your characters altogether. Some of us craft legendaries simply because we like the design of the weapon, not because we want to become a beacon for guiding lost ships to shore.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The footfalls need to last the same time as those of the first generation legendaries, at the very least. As is, they disappear far too quickly.