[Suggestion] Gift of Battle acquisition

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

It takes less than 6hrs to get it with +50% boost from gobler and 10% from guild hall.

Vova’s suggestion is a good one. The gobler bonus is the same one as the Experience or Heroic Booster, and it makes a huge difference to the time needed.

Just obtained a GoB from zero… took 7-8 hours over the course of a week to finish it. I’m not a WvWer… GoB is pretty much the only reason I go there.

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

I am mostly a wvw players. I only ever so often do fractals or run a bit of SW……
So… can I buy gift of exploration for karma or something? ktnx.

I actually think you should be able to get it by playing WvW. But almost all the WvW players that have posted in here so far are so bitter, jaded or generally negative that they would rather suggest that I suffer, as they suffer. Instead of going: Sure! If you get that, maybe we can get Exploration in WvW.

(If you want to steal my suggestion for how, I’d make a reward track that unlocks PoIs, Vistas and WPs of each map per segment, with each zone being a track. Boom. You’re welcome.)

Also, look at the sheer amount of PvE stuff you can get in WvW via the reward tracks. ANet have set the precedent for everyone to get what they want, how they want, within reason. Let’s all play the stuff we actually like.

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

I am mostly a wvw players. I only ever so often do fractals or run a bit of SW……
So… can I buy gift of exploration for karma or something? ktnx.

I actually think you should be able to get it by playing WvW. But almost all the WvW players that have posted in here so far are so bitter, jaded or generally negative that they would rather suggest that I suffer, as they suffer. Instead of going: Sure! If you get that, maybe we can get Exploration in WvW.

(If you want to steal my suggestion for how, I’d make a reward track that unlocks PoIs, Vistas and WPs of each map per segment, with each zone being a track. Boom. You’re welcome.)

Also, look at the sheer amount of PvE stuff you can get in WvW via the reward tracks. ANet have set the precedent for everyone to get what they want, how they want, within reason. Let’s all play the stuff we actually like.

The PvE items are mostly from completely abandoned content, and none of it are Related to Prestige items. /gg

Plus you have a way to get GoB without doing any WvW so you can only play PvE and get it already. /gg

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Is that why Legendary items require the Gift of Battle? I was under the impression that the reason was that the items are legendary and that they are meant to demonstrate active participation in multiple aspects of the game.

What’s the source of your definition?

Oh, yeah: your impression.

Well, it’s MY impression that legendary means they’re a lot of work. Not necessarily in areas of the game I don’t enter.

I think you’re right, but that definition is just bad.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

It has always been a WvW item… not a pve one…

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The only way to get a Gift of Battle (required for Legendary crafting) is via a WvW reward track.

Please change this, preferably by adding an additional method that can be done by playing exclusively PvE content; be that fractals, open world, dailies, achievements, crafting, dungeons, world bosses – whatever works.

Why would this be a good thing for the game? Why do you think ANet changed the requirements for the GoB more than once, each time making it less convenient for those who are strictly PvE?

The requirements have always been either Badges or the Reward Track. Adding badges to the achievement chests made it more convenient for PvE only players, not less.

Achievement chests have included Badges of Honors since they were introduced in 2013. For example or here

If you mean that introduction made the GoB more convenient to obtain for PvErs, sure. But that was a change to the reward system, not to the acquisition method of the GoB itself. (And one could argue that ANet changed the requirements specifically because they didn’t anticipate that PvErs would use them to bypass WvW.)

The requirements started off as badges only, which required no WvW by full time PvErs via Achievement Chests. ANet added an rank requirement (which, for a time, also wasn’t hard to bypass, due to the availability of liquid WvW xp). The latest change to reward chests changed it again, to make it extremely difficult for PvErs.

In short, each change to the acquisition method for the Gift of Battle made it harder for PvErs. (Or at worst, every change since July 2013.)

That brings me back to the same question: why do we think ANet has kept changing the requirements? Do we think it’s an accident? Or do they have a particular reason?

If they do have a reason, why would they turn around and change the requirements again?

Of course, I’d prefer if they addressed this directly, rather than leaving it up to us to speculate.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I really don’t know why some WvW players are against the idea of another aquisition method of that item outside WvW. If you insist it was always WvW, maybe replace it as requirement for legendary weapons with something else.

Thing is, you get PvE-noobs, scrubs, vanilla-players and whatever else you call non-WvW players because of that Gift of Battle. Do you really like those PvE-noobs to spoil your zerg?

When I needed that Gift I just entered WvW with my full berserker double pistol/staff thief. I didn’t bother changing any stats, skills or traits because the only reason I was in WvW was that Gift of Battle. People will not get proper gear and learn how to PvP for 10 to 12 hours of WvW. The only reason I got lots of kills and didn’t die all the time was probably because many of the other players were there for the very same reason and had no clue what they are doing. I basically only used Unload and everybody who knows half of what he’s doing could have reflected that. It felt like the Crab Toss Activity when it’s a daily. Nobody really cares but we want the reward.

I don’t think that enriches your precious WvW environment. According to what I could read in map chat, the more vocal folks in WvW despise PvE players and feel superior.

I believe adding another aquisition method for the Gift of Battle would benefit both WvW and PvE players. The next time I need that Gift I’ll bring a Deadeye rifle and shoot other PvE players from walls.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I have to do jumping puzzles (which is something i hate most in the game) to get Aurora… that’s like saying wvw players can demand anet to change aurora’s requirements to only killing things in wvw to get aurora. doesn’t make any sense.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Hi i want a legendary but i need a gift of battle which requires a battle. Unfair!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

@Samnang: Jumping Puzzles are part of the PvE environment, basically stumble over them while exploring and then wonder “oh, is this a jumping puzzle?”.

We are talking about a completely different game mode here. You have to leave your environment and join another one. An environment where other people can kill your character on sight. Many people are not comfortable with that and never play person versus person modes because of it.

I don’t think it makes sense to compare WvW with JPs.

Hi i want a legendary but i need a gift of battle which requires a battle. Unfair!

Which in fact it doesn’t. You don’t need to join a single battle in WvW to do the reward track. You can kill pack bulls and other mobs/NPCs all the time and eventually get the Gift of Battle. You can also roam, which is not really a battle.

Anyone else with a one-liner that doesn’t make sense in this context?

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Faaris.8013)

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

The only way to get a Gift of Battle (required for Legendary crafting) is via a WvW reward track.

Please change this, preferably by adding an additional method that can be done by playing exclusively PvE content; be that fractals, open world, dailies, achievements, crafting, dungeons, world bosses – whatever works.

Why would this be a good thing for the game? Why do you think ANet changed the requirements for the GoB more than once, each time making it less convenient for those who are strictly PvE?

The requirements have always been either Badges or the Reward Track. Adding badges to the achievement chests made it more convenient for PvE only players, not less.

Achievement chests have included Badges of Honors since they were introduced in 2013. For example or here

If you mean that introduction made the GoB more convenient to obtain for PvErs, sure. But that was a change to the reward system, not to the acquisition method of the GoB itself. (And one could argue that ANet changed the requirements specifically because they didn’t anticipate that PvErs would use them to bypass WvW.)

The requirements started off as badges only, which required no WvW by full time PvErs via Achievement Chests. ANet added an rank requirement (which, for a time, also wasn’t hard to bypass, due to the availability of liquid WvW xp). The latest change to reward chests changed it again, to make it extremely difficult for PvErs.

In short, each change to the acquisition method for the Gift of Battle made it harder for PvErs. (Or at worst, every change since July 2013.)

That brings me back to the same question: why do we think ANet has kept changing the requirements? Do we think it’s an accident? Or do they have a particular reason?

If they do have a reason, why would they turn around and change the requirements again?

Of course, I’d prefer if they addressed this directly, rather than leaving it up to us to speculate.

There is no speculation as I stated before and provided a Link to. On Multiple occasions Anet has Officially stated they want people to show a mastery of all of GW2.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

There is no speculation as I stated before and provided a Link to. On Multiple occasions Anet has Officially stated they want people to show a mastery of all of GW2.

Then, what is required from sPvP for a legendary?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

And why then, during the pre-HoT days, could every legendary be bought with gold?

The official statement doesn’t seem to match reality.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Then, what is required from sPvP for a legendary?

Money.

Someone else gets to pwn noobs and camp mid, I get to sell loot and buy PvP shards.

And I’m okay with that.

Heck, make it a Mystic Forge thing:
Bloodstone Shard + 250 Memory of Battle + 20 Tomes of Knowledge + 5 Vision Crystals

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632