[Suggestion] Playable Skritt race

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

If A-net would ever decide to make the Skritts playable, then here is one suggestion

I imagine the skritt “character” a multiple character …. meaning that you dont have one single skritt but 3 of them.

Of couce they will play like a single character having the exact same skill bars for specific profession, only that animations will be devided between the 3 Skritts
Why this multiple character? Because everyone knows skritt are intelligent when they are together and not alone. So having a “multiple character” makes sense

At creation screen you will need to create all 3 Skritts looks only they will all have the same profession. This means you dont need to equip all 3, but only one.
All your skrits will have the same gears for the looks.
In your H window, you will only see the main Skritt (the one you created first) and all the stats will be devided between the three as they act as one.
All 3 Skrits will lose health in the same time. Etc

Basically instead of having one character you have three but they are as powered and geared as you would have only one.

I am sorry if this has been suggested before but It feels to be like a clever idea of intorducing Skritts as a playable race with a little bit of uniqueness

(edited by Ronah Lynda.2496)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I am sure, whenever Anet decides to make skritt playable, they will search the forum pages 800-900 for this suggestion.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Why would you want to play as a big rat?

Ronah Lynda.2496

They won’t be big, they would be small like asuran. They will be their own size, actually.
I imagine the animations and voice overs will be quite funny, similar to those asurans.
And I asume A-net will know how to make them look cute

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

A new playable race would also require a new personal story so here goes for Skritt:

“I am Skritt. Yes yes. Long time ago, we lived in caves and under ground. It was dark but was skritt home. But then, destroyers came to get us, and we had to run away!

We found new home in outside world, but the sun was very bright. Yes, bright. We make living from finding shinies. Lots of shines makes us live with nicer things.

Skrittburg is my home. We live with lots of Skritt and look after Skritt King who must stay alive on throne for long time. Yes, but bad people like nightmares and grey ears and tall men come to get Skritt King.

Today, I chosen to leave Skrittburg to find lots of shinies, but instead, I found the bad nightmare people trying to capture other Skritt. I must do something, and help them from being slaves.

This is my story. Yes yes!"

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Ronah Lynda.2496

A new playable race would also require a new personal story so here goes for Skritt:

“I am Skritt. Yes yes. Long time ago, we lived in caves and under ground. It was dark but was skritt home. But then, destroyers came to get us, and we had to run away!

We found new home in outside world, but the sun was very bright. Yes, bright. We make living from finding shinies. Lots of shines makes us live with nicer things.

Skrittburg is my home. We live with lots of Skritt and look after Skritt King who must stay alive on throne for long time. Yes, but bad people like nightmares and grey ears and tall men come to get Skritt King.

Today, I chosen to leave Skrittburg to find lots of shinies, but instead, I found the bad nightmare people trying to capture other Skritt. I must do something, and help them from being slaves.

OMG! this was awesome !!!

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Sorry, won’t happen. Besides, if you get playable Skritt before I get my Gelatinous Cube I will blow a gasket.

As I said before…

Forget anything that is a studyable race in the LS. Thats Ogres, Skritt, Hylek, Grawl, Quaggans.

Forget any of the antagonist races/factions. That would be Centaurs (plus, how would they swim?), Nightmare Court, Flame Legion, Inquest, Svanir.

Largos are out as, according to the personal story, they are incredibly rare and avoid contact with all other races if at all possible. It would be as stupid as the Miqo’te in FF14 ARR – they’re supposedly rare and solitary creatures yet the designers make them in such a way that EVERYONE who faps to nekomimi will roll one.

What does this leave us? Kodan, Tengu, Ettin and a handful of others which have groups who are non-antagonistic. Kodan is out right away, they are Norn-based. Tengu are possible but require a very specific armour redesign and we can see what a mess Anet made of Charr armour. Ettin would be fun, but they don’t wear clothes so we can forget them.

Personally, I want to see playable Ooze, but I know it’ll never happen.

Ronah Lynda.2496

That would be Centaurs (plus, how would they swim?),

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BwGnwxfYSs

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Ventari race playable. We had in GW1 after all, as heros: Norn, Charr, Asura, Dwarf, Sensali and Ventari

Posted by: corrosivechains.5476

corrosivechains.5476

If Allods is the game you want to play, why not just go back to playing Allods?

http://youtu.be/RZC1mp-X-iM

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Yees! Skritt are so cute, and so funny. I would love to be playing as a little Skritt!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Ronah Lynda.2496

If Allods is the game you want to play, why not just go back to playing Allods?

http://youtu.be/RZC1mp-X-iM

I played Allods for a month like 4 years ago, if I remeber corerectly… but i didnt like the graphics. Too cartoonish for me. The rest of it was ok. The same generic MMO stuff.
With A-nets ingenuity, the Skirtts would play quite awsome and would have nice acrobatics, way more cooler then Allods has.
But all in all, the multiple Skritt character would fit better for their scenario and race lore

Posted by: sawworm.8749

sawworm.8749

That really rustled my shines~

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

It would be really cool to play as a skritt.
This race looks so great ;o

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would play one if they had a racial skill which allowed them to look into other players inventories and steal any shiny in there.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Infenso.6329

Infenso.6329

Why wouldn’t you want to play as a Rat is the real question =p

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Not possible, not happening.

I give it 2 weeks before a near identical thread appears.

Here’s the usual copypasta:

Forget anything that is a studyable race in the LS. Thats Ogres, Skritt, Hylek, Grawl, Quaggans.

Forget any of the antagonist races/factions. That would be Centaurs (plus, how would they swim?), Nightmare Court, Flame Legion, Inquest, Svanir.

Largos are out as, according to the personal story, they are incredibly rare and avoid contact with all other races if at all possible. It would be as stupid as the Miqo’te in FF14 ARR – they’re supposedly rare and solitary creatures yet the designers make them in such a way that EVERYONE who faps to nekomimi will roll one.

What does this leave us? Kodan, Tengu, Ettin and a handful of others which have groups who are non-antagonistic. Kodan is out right away, they are Norn-based. Tengu are possible but require a very specific armour redesign and we can see what a mess Anet made of Charr armour. Ettin would be fun, but they don’t wear clothes so we can forget them.

Personally, I want to see playable Ooze, but I know it’ll never happen.

Posted by: SiegHawk.5684

SiegHawk.5684

Great quote you made but sounds a little less skritt from what im reading. First of of your quote i think should sound like "I am Skritt. Yes yes. Long time ago, we lived in caves, underground. It dark but Skritt home. Then, scary fire creatures appears, attacks Skritt, we run away! " Well thats my prospective of how Skritt normally talks. Hope it doesnt offend you. Just my point of view on Skritts. >.<

[FA] We are the Superior Race. ^.^

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I understand this has been touched by a Thread Necromancer, but I just wanted to say well done PH, well done.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I don’t ever see skritt as being playable they aren’t 1 of the major races