[Suggestion] Self-made outfits in wardrobe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

ANet -

I’m shocked this hasn’t been implemented yet, but I would KILL for this:

• Outfits slots you can create using your own mix-and-match armor pieces.
  • A multiple of these slots so you can switch your character’s dress for some kind of cost.

I love dressing up my character. But I haven’t changed his armor in YEARS because I know if I do, I’m going to have difficulty returning to that look if I’d like to down the road. So, I resist changing it. Ever. All those nice little add ons that ArenaNet uses to drive its sales or reward certain gameplay – they’re no attraction to me.

If I could design my own outfits and save them, though, I would gobble those items up. My outfits would be preserved without me having to kitten around with multiple armor pieces and remember the exact dyes I used.

I can’t be the only player who feels this way, and the solution seems simple. Please, ANet, make more money from players like me. Give us outfit slots which we, ourselves, can design.

Posted by: Kenze.3678

Kenze.3678

It would make it all so much better with these outfit slots. Only game i have seen with a good system is LOTRO, but such a system would hurt their transmutation stone idea. But either that or just a slot we can edit with those stones and maybe 1-6 slots per character.

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

I aggree could be awesome, actually the transmutation system is a real mess… need to transmute armors but no charge required for gliders… it makes no-sense, changing our appearance should be free. It’s just a PROFIT question to sell their crappy transmutation charges…

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I aggree could be awesome, actually the transmutation system is a real mess… need to transmute armors but no charge required for gliders… it makes no-sense, changing our appearance should be free. It’s just a PROFIT question to sell their crappy transmutation charges…

Gliders are from gem store only,wouldn’t be fair to charge another “tax” to use gem store items. Armors can be from the game.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Phineas Drayke.6381

Phineas Drayke.6381

I have the same problem. I love having differnet outfits for different situations.
Especially now that we are heading into the desert. My solution until now was to have different sets, but it starting to take a lot of place in my inventory^^

Actually, the idea of having a wardrobe system like Lotro could be implemented with no loss for Anet. Actually, it could increase the demand for transmutation stones.

Make it so that you have one tab for the armor you are wearing. Than you can unlock extra appearance tabs (the first one for like 5 gold and the next ones for gems maybe).
This overide the appearance of the equipement. And to put an appearance in one of the 6 slots of an appearance tab, you have to pay 1 transmutation stone.
But you can switch freely between the normal look, or the appearance tabs you have unlocked.

So lets say I have my normal transmuted equipement : 6 Stones
Now if I want extra looks, i pay 6 Stones for each tab (+ price to unlock)
Win for Anet, win for me (and maybe others?)^^

(edited by Phineas Drayke.6381)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I made a similar thread a few weeks ago. I don’t think anyone would be opposed to the idea. A huge hindrance is if have Legendary/Ascended armor and you use that between characters. I’ve been doing the ascended gear collecting but the trouble comes when swapping them to other characters so you either have to settle for a uniform look across all armor-weight characters who wear it or re-skin/re-dye EVERY TIME you swap the gear over. And if you skin them with a race specific skin, any other race cannot equip it at all.

“Custom Outfits” (that’s what I call them) would be a much needed band-aid for this problem.

The real solution is to just divorce armor skins from armor completely. We already have skin items, just change it so that any gear you put on has no skin and just stats then the wardrobe system would be giving the character a costumed look (at the cost of transmutation charges like now) so you can wear whatever you want and swap things around later.

It would make it all so much better with these outfit slots. Only game i have seen with a good system is LOTRO, but such a system would hurt their transmutation stone idea. But either that or just a slot we can edit with those stones and maybe 1-6 slots per character.

The game with the best system I’ve seen is City of Heroes (although it no longer exists so…). If every character had 3 costume slots by default that you can swap on the fly, more slots purchasable via gems and in-game currency being the way to edit each slot, everything would be perfect…although likely at the cost of Anet getting extra cash.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d love to have looks templates too. I’m not disagreeing one bit.

But I will say that if you have a specific look you really like, it’s not that hard to make a Word doc to list the armor pieces used and the dyes on each. Just be consistent on what order the dyes go in. E.g., my list of preferred outfit dye schemes for each character lists the dyes as
1 2
3 4
so I know that (random selection here) Butterscotch, Flare, Pyre, Celestial are in the corresponding numbered slots. If there were fewer channels, I’d still go top row from left side to its end, then bottom row from left side to its end.

Annoying to have to track it outside the game, yes, but why let fear of forgetting prevent you from trying out new looks? This is why we have written language, to preserve knowledge

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’d love to have looks templates too. I’m not disagreeing one bit.

But I will say that if you have a specific look you really like, it’s not that hard to make a Word doc to list the armor pieces used and the dyes on each. Just be consistent on what order the dyes go in. E.g., my list of preferred outfit dye schemes for each character lists the dyes as
1 2
3 4
so I know that (random selection here) Butterscotch, Flare, Pyre, Celestial are in the corresponding numbered slots. If there were fewer channels, I’d still go top row from left side to its end, then bottom row from left side to its end.

Annoying to have to track it outside the game, yes, but why let fear of forgetting prevent you from trying out new looks? This is why we have written language, to preserve knowledge

It’s a circumstantial solution that’s still tedious and annoying. Like, you still need to mouse over all the similar dyes to find the right name, you still have to do similar for the armor in the wardrobe, you still likely have to tab to the .doc if you don’t have 2 monitors, you’re likely not going to do this change on a whim unless you’re really quick.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

This has been suggested before and it’s still a good idea.

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I made a similar thread a few weeks ago. I don’t think anyone would be opposed to the idea.

Yeah, I’m not surprised someone has suggested a similar idea before, though I’m sorry I didn’t see the thread to support it.

Like I said, I’m SHOCKED this hasn’t been implemented some five years in. Seems like an easy fix for clothes kittens like us.

But I will say that if you have a specific look you really like, it’s not that hard to make a Word doc …

It’s a circumstantial solution that’s still tedious and annoying. Like, you still need to mouse over all the similar dyes to find the right name, you still have to do similar for the armor in the wardrobe, you still likely have to tab to the .doc if you don’t have 2 monitors, you’re likely not going to do this change on a whim unless you’re really quick.

I agree. It’s a swell workaround for now, but it is needlessly tedious given that this suggestion seems like a small quality of life ask from the game’s lovely developers.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There is a search feature. If you haven’t memorized the dye position yet, just type in a few letters of its name and only dyes containing that letter string will show up.

As I said, annoying to need external records, but better than relying purely on memory. (Yes, I do have two monitors, that’s serious QoL right there. Love having wiki and forum browsing and Discord all visible off to the side).

Posted by: Zephiera.9804

Zephiera.9804

Would definitely love this since I love playing with different looks for my chars!

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

agree with this but now if only I could switch hair styles on the fly too bc my character tying her hair up makes a much better fit on certain outfits or armor. that’s what prevented me from using my selection of outfits bc it doesn’t look good with her hair lol and hair that fits those outfits don’t fit with my armor look… but free hair changes
isn’t going to happen unless there’s a permanent hair style kit lol