[Suggestions] Please Bring Back these Gem Stores Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

To those that are missing the ballcap….simply send in a ticket. Anet will know if your account is old enough. I sent in a ticket after wardrobe change and got mine back. DO NOT put them in stores where everyone can get them. Yes I am being an elitist here but we were there at beta/S1 and are proud of our prestige items (including shatterer and sunless wings).
By all means bring back the bunny ears if people want them but not the previous mentioned stuff. The witch hat we got from Mad King the first halloween should stay off limits too!! The old first year gem shop items can be brought back but not event rewards IMO. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

(edited by Tasida.4085)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Why not bring back baseball caps except with a different logo? That way those of us who have them can be all “look, I was THERE,” and newer folks can get the silhouette. It’s likely too late to hand out HoT logo ones to anyone logging in on launch day, but surely some other special memento moment will come along? Maybe during the week of Apr 28.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Or, they could make Baseball caps with the number of years a player has played as a logo.

They could be given out at the anniversary of account creation…tshirts too

Lisa

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Ohhhh…yessss…bring back bunny ears!!!!!!!! I failed to buy them because they were town clothes and I did not see a need for them then…but now…oh my gosh…my Asuras will be stylin’

Posted by: Slowly Losing My Mind.5031

Slowly Losing My Mind.5031

Marjory’s greatsword!

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Leather Gathering Rack. I know it’s not cosmetic but I want one.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

Wide rim glasses! and bunny ears then i can die happy.

Posted by: hrothgarthedane.4627

hrothgarthedane.4627

How about a red bird Cardinal mini and would like bunny ears.

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Honestly, just using this wiki page as a checklist https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_standalone_armor#Gem_Store Still obtainable? No? thats the list.

So, another vote for aviator and sport sunglasses, widerimmed glasses, bunny ears and wizard’kitten. (hahaha wizard Kitten…umm… wizard’s head covering)

Theres also a good number of living story skins that will hopefully come back in some form with some for of LS1 reintroduction that currently are just slowly whittling down their hoarded supply on the TP. These were the kinds of items I had hoped would show up as recipes at these new karma venders.

(edited by That Guy.5704)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Just curious… why can’t some of the old materials be re-released? Seems to be what a lot of people are asking for. You can always do a test in the gemtore and see how well they sell. I guarantee if you put the Bunny Ears in the gemstore or even the greatsword chainsaw skin, it’ll “fly off the shelf”.

Oh, they can come back, and they do from time to time. I’m just seeing what’s on folks’ minds these days, nothing formal, and certainly not “required posting” for anyone.

Emphasis mine.

These items have never been back since 2013 when they swapped town clothes to outfits and made these items stand alone helm skins.

Bunny ears
Aviator Sunglasses
Wide Rim Glasses
Sport Sunglasses

Why?

We’re not asking for all the old town clothes that became tonics to return as outfits (though that would be nice since they’re already modeled and exist in the game). I (and many of us) just want these items that are now helm skins to return so we can throw money at you and buy them.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The unreleased paper bag hats, school uniform and swimsuits.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the bunny ears is one of those items the devs want to remain exclusive, as in, only the players who got them when they were available are the only players that will ever have them.

ArenaNet likely doesn’t want to create a certain kind of environment, which is likely also why the uniform and swimsuits were never released. The dev that created the uniform knew what they doing considering its timing.

Posted by: Sonoroho.5093

Sonoroho.5093

The chaos weapon skins.

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

WIDE.RIM.GLASSES
and the bunny ears

PS: Can you guys not hijack the thread? This isn’t about what does not exist already (and I’m stretching that to things that have never been released), this is about items coming back.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: tony.9425

tony.9425

Thanks for sharing. Can you, or others, give some examples of items that formerly were offered that you’d like to see again? I’m happy to take your ideas to the dev team!

Thanks.

The Guild flag – Backpackskin please… waiting since weeks for it.

Posted by: Youko Kat.9280

Youko Kat.9280

Bunny Ears
Cat Ears
Fox Ears
Ect…..
Can we just get animal ears PLEASE!! I know lots of player on GW2Girls Facebook community that would buy them all in a heart beat!!

Posted by: Dvious.8126

Dvious.8126

Airship Pass PLEASE!

We have a 1hand sword + 2hand sword, we also have a 1hand mace + 2hand hammer and there is a 1hand axe + “where is my 2hand axe?!”. Please give us either a 2hand axe or a skin to go over Greatsword, warhammer or staff. I’d love to wield a massive greataxe. The closest weapon we have is the axe from executioner outfit which is non-combat only.

I’d rather be playing the game than writing this post.

(edited by Dvious.8126)

Posted by: worshipgirl.8641

worshipgirl.8641

Selfless potion or some other sort of halo. PLEASSSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Lovecrafty.5623

Lovecrafty.5623

You know what would be just amazing? Turning the hoodie and cargo shorts back into clothes… This isn’t even just about people who didn’t get the item; everyone who paid real money for those town clothes got the short end of the stick when you all changed to the wardrobe system and for some reason chose to convert those (and not much else) to potions. Eighty-six the potions, give us skins. I mean… it isn’t like the aesthetic of the game is going to get ruined by shorts and a hoodie. It seems purposeless to have these things still be tonics when they could be perfectly rad skins.

(Also I like halos, capes, cat ears, Bunny Ears. New items and items that are “simply gem-bought” are the ones I root for a return on. I don’t really want to see holographic Dragon Wings, event-based skins that were earned rather than purchased for gems, time-based releases, and items that felt “special” to players who have been around for a while and participated actively in these events to earn, I’d be careful releasing those. You want to preserve the rewards of your old player base as much as you want to appease your new one, in my inexperienced opinion.)

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

I’d sacrifice everything I have for those Aviator Sunglasses

Yes I want those soo bad!

Don’t want the bunny ears to come back though, since I already have those, wouldnt feel as special wearing them anymore <.<

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I’d sacrifice everything I have for those Aviator Sunglasses

Yes I want those soo bad!

Don’t want the bunny ears to come back though, since I already have those, wouldnt feel as special wearing them anymore <.<

here, this goes w/ those bunny ears

Attachments:

Posted by: Gagle Dan.6571

Gagle Dan.6571

I would love the Wide rim Glasses back best head piece but i know the ears alot of people want. Black lion weapon skins are a different beast because they are trade able and people save them to sell when they spike. To be fair i don’t know what anet would lose by just keeping everything on the gem store seems like it would be more income i don’t know if their system only supports a certain number of items on the store? But mainly WIDE RIM GLASSES GO GO and anything else from the first year no one has seen or heard of since.

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

Thanks for sharing. This is not an empty exercise, it’s very useful to know what you’ve valued in the past and would like to see in the future.

Yeah, I’m sorry but this leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth…

I remember a time where we got a 200+ pages long topic called “Bunny ears reinclusion” growing over months after having a post from you, saying pretty much the same thing as here now:“They can come back and I will pass this along to the devs.”
At this time there were also people spamming every official streamchat with “Bunnyears or RIOT”. There were even community events like “Bunny hop for bunny ears” with people gathering ingame to raise awareness!

The result? Absolutely nothing.

It’s a pretty bizarre situation when customers willing to spend money have to go to such great lengths, only to be completely ignored in the end…
How are we supposed to feel about this?
Why should I trust that my feedback will have any effect this time?

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Thanks for sharing. This is not an empty exercise, it’s very useful to know what you’ve valued in the past and would like to see in the future.

………
At this time there were also people spamming every official streamchat with “Bunnyears or RIOT”.
……

The result? Absolutely nothing.
…….
How are we supposed to feel about this?
Why should I trust that my feedback will have any effect this time?

they spammed chats they’d riot, but u answered u comment there, nothing happened. and thats why anet don’t really care too much. people gonna keep playing, least for now.

how to feel? feel like it don’t matter just enjoy wat anet gives or don’t

should u trust? no. anet gonna do wut they want. u can hope they listen, but u shuldn’t expect it

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thanks for sharing. Can you, or others, give some examples of items that formerly were offered that you’d like to see again? I’m happy to take your ideas to the dev team!

Thanks.

Scarlet’s Spaulders and Scarlet’s Gloves were briefly available during an aborted “event” late last year. I have some tokens towards them saved up, but never got enough to purchase.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I was not aware this existed but I need this so badly.
Also as has been mentioned, wide rim glasses, bunny ears, aviator sunglasses. Maybe even some skins you were able to get in GW1 (including things that were only released with EotN, i.e. different gloves but also various armor sets as actual armor, not outfits along with weaponskins.), but that’s a bit more far-fetched.

Posted by: Ryunohito.8429

Ryunohito.8429

I’d like to see all the old PvP armor skins come back, i’ve been wanting the Stalwart Shoulder med armor skin for at least a year, but i missed my chance since the wardrobe update

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Just curious… why can’t some of the old materials be re-released? Seems to be what a lot of people are asking for. You can always do a test in the gemtore and see how well they sell. I guarantee if you put the Bunny Ears in the gemstore or even the greatsword chainsaw skin, it’ll “fly off the shelf”.

Oh, they can come back, and they do from time to time. I’m just seeing what’s on folks’ minds these days, nothing formal, and certainly not “required posting” for anyone.

Emphasis mine.

These items have never been back since 2013 when they swapped town clothes to outfits and made these items stand alone helm skins.

Bunny ears
Aviator Sunglasses
Wide Rim Glasses
Sport Sunglasses

Why?

We’re not asking for all the old town clothes that became tonics to return as outfits (though that would be nice since they’re already modeled and exist in the game). I (and many of us) just want these items that are now helm skins to return so we can throw money at you and buy them.

We’re not? We are… They wanted our requests. That is a request that would mean something if ever implemented.

Also on topic of the bunny ears. It’s only so desirable because it is unobtainable. The moment it is back in the gemstore, everyone will have it and it won’t be used as much (yes, even those who asked for it for years won’t be using it soon enough). That’s only natural.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I would love for the devs to go thorugh the player’s LW S1 and give the skins back that were earned but cannot get. I earned the Teq wings and lost them due to a bug and the devs said its against their policy to return them to me.

Posted by: Vahras.9271

Vahras.9271

Glint’s Gaze, please! Now that we have Druid, it would go fantastic with the Zodiac set as a celestial theme.

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Town_clothing bring these back i need the GW2 shirt, shorts and boxing gloves with my GW2 Hat! because I missed my chances 3 years ago, I was lucky I got the hat and kept it.

(edited by Last Warrior Lord.7248)

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

Can we PLEASE have this back in the gemstore?

Posted by: AirimirOfGondor.9081

AirimirOfGondor.9081

Wide Rim Glasses (Unavailable since December 17, 2013) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wide_Rim_Glasses

Sport Sunglasses (Unavailable since December 17, 2013) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sport_Sunglasses

It’s February 26, 2016.

These items have never been for sale since the April 2014 Feature Pack added the Wardrobe system. They had been “Town Clothes” before, but were converted to armor skins that work in the Wardrobe system at that time.

As someone who has characters who wear glasses, reasonable-looking choices for glasses are very limited right now.

I don’t really ever see people wearing these skins, and practically everyone I talk to has never even heard of these two items. Probably because the last time they were sold, they were Town Clothes items, and there was no Wardrobe system to store them without taking up a ton of space.

In a game like Guild Wars 2, where cosmetics are arguably the biggest part of the endgame, having a few decent choices for eyewear would go a long way.

Certainly if anyone at ArenaNet wears glasses, they can appreciate that this is a pretty big limitation.

It’d be easy to implement, since it’s already in game and set up to be armor. And I think people would be excited to have more reasonable-looking choices for eyewear. The selection is so limited right now, it’s not even funny.

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

to the gem store?

Is it a cycle? Or just human RNG?

Posted by: Bronze Knight.9231

Bronze Knight.9231

Kinda wan’t it as well. The Royal pass just came up not long ago and I thought long and hard about getting it but…

I like airships.

Just let me know when the PVE/PVP skill separation happens.

Can Engi please have more than one viable skill set in PVE? Turrets maybe?

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

Pity the permanent Airship Pass was removed, the two week one is seriously less than equivalent, I’d buy the permanent one, certainly won’t ‘rent’ the feature for two weeks at a time.

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

Pity the permanent Airship Pass was removed, the two week one is seriously less than equivalent, I’d buy the permanent one, certainly won’t ‘rent’ the feature for two weeks at a time.

Exactly.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

All I want are my shattered Dragon wings that got lost in the wardrobe transition.

Kitten.

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

The fused weapons were stated and promoted to not get introduced again.
Therefor a lot of players have spent a lot of gems/cash on black lion keys to get a fused ticket at tht time. I would at least hire a lawyer if arenanet would reintroduce them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

The GW2 cap from launch. I accidentally deleted mine because I didn’t need it. It was a town clothe.

I would love to get this GW2 cap and GW2 tshirt from launch as well , I accidentally deleted mine too when i was still noob in this game 3 years ago :/

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The fused weapons were stated and promoted to not get introduced again.
Therefor a lot of players have spent a lot of gems/cash on black lion keys to get a fused ticket at tht time. I would at least hire a lawyer if arenanet would reintroduce them.

Please link the source where they said that the fused weapons would never be reintroduced. No one else has mentioned this in any previous thread on the subject.

Edit: here is their statement.

Game update notes: October 21, 2014

There are only four weeks left to use tickets for Lovestruck, Dragon’s Jade, Aetherblade, Fused, and Dreamthistle weapon sets. After November 18, these sets will no longer be available for purchase with Black Lion Claim Tickets this year

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Veistim.8674

Veistim.8674

Witch’s & Wizard’kitten, aaand Stalwart armor.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Tormented weapons would be nice to get again, along with some other old skins. They’ve been out of rotation for so long, they should get re-introduced for 2 weeks or so imo.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

New Black Lion Chest Rewards

• Permanent Teleport to Friend Contract
  • Permanent Instant Repair Canister Contract
  • Permanent Revive Orb Contract

Gem Store Items

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

(edited by Vegeta.2563)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

New Black Lion Chest Rewards

• Permanent Teleport to Friend Contract
  • Permanent Instant Repair Canister Contract
  • Permanent Revive Orb Contract

Gem Store Items

I just heard someone with the Super Boom Box and came to the forums to add it to this thread

Again, Beach clothing and Swim suits as Armor skins. Town clothing as Armor skins. Ball Caps with hair! If this is a year of little new content with just tweaks and fixes, fix that!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: AlienMenace.7516

AlienMenace.7516

Sport Sunglasses
Wide Rim Glasses

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Not exactly a re-release, but: more of Marjory style weapon skins like the dagger and axe?
Also I support the request for the Candy Corn Gobbler.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

and formerly-released items

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: LydonB.6293

LydonB.6293

Toxic Skins
Chaos Weapons

Thanks!

Mind Over Matter

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Not exactly a re-release, but: more of Marjory style weapon skins like the dagger and axe?
Also I support the request for the Candy Corn Gobbler.

I’d love for the Gobbler to return. The way the past Halloween was handled and the nerf’s to Maize, I have a feeling that we’ll never see it again. I think JS hates candy or something irl. Though I’d buy more Candy Corn Gobblers if they were available.

I look at this thread and see all the things I would buy, if only they kept them in the gem store! This cycling and shuffling of Gem store items is the pits.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Throwing in another vote for “Glint’s Gaze” coming back
Also the bat wings (backpack and glider)