Summer festival?

Summer festival?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Larathia.5284

Larathia.5284

Possibly an odd request, I know. But I’ve actually come to enjoy the festival seasons. The only problem is, there’s a huge festival drought during the summer!

It goes: Mad King -> Wintersday -> New Year -> SAB.

And then nothing between SAB and the next Mad King festival, which means nothing from May through October.

The wiki says there used to be festivals during the summer, but they’ve been discontinued? Could we bring them back, or come up with a new one? (Or two, really. Maybe one in June/July and one in August/September. By which I mean ‘late june/early july’ and ‘late august/early september.’ If just one, then late July or so?)

Not that I’m not loving the new content, because I really am, but I also enjoy working through festival achieves and activities. A drought from May to October seems a bit long?

Summer festival?

Posted by: Elyssandariel.2679

Elyssandariel.2679

They had the Queen’s Jubilee for a while. I wish they would bring that back. It was a fun festival. Dragonbash was fun as well. I forget when that was though. I agree, they need to come up with a good summer festival and let it run for a while, to give us someething to do when we do NOT have Living Story 3.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They had Wintersday in July in Guild Wars 1. They could bring that back.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Wistful speculation on your part or have you been reading a certain Shaman’s reddit posts?

Summer festival?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wistful speculation on your part or have you been reading a certain Shaman’s reddit posts?

It’s forbidden to discuss or even mention any data mined information….

Which means it’s pure speculation on my part.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Having the same festival twice a year, when there are other unused festivals seems like a waste to me. I mean, it would be better than nothing, but… We want those other festivals back.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I agree with the OP. Queen’s Jubilee etc. would be tons of fun. The other day, I was attacked for suggesting to bring events like the Festival of the Four Winds back, when my intention was merely to come up with an example to have more festivals during the year, even if it’s just “old ones” returning.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I agree with the OP. Queen’s Jubilee etc. would be tons of fun. The other day, I was attacked for suggesting to bring events like the Festival of the Four Winds back, when my intention was merely to come up with an example to have more festivals during the year, even if it’s just “old ones” returning.

Just read that whole thread and I cant see you getting atacked anywere.

Mostly people agreeing with you and some saying that the reason you stated was to weak to make it happen fairness.

Nothing in this game is fair, I to would like it to return but I expect its like the revenant weapons lost somewere in a closet.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t believe we will be getting a Wintersday-like festival mid-year. I do believe we will have a ‘seasonal’ change coming with the final Season Three Episode.

Rather than bringing back any old festivals, I’d prefer something new created based on some of the feedback from existing festivals.

Good luck.

Summer festival?

Larathia.5284

Okay, well, if we want a ‘new’ festival…what about something honoring Trahearne or the Pale Tree in the summer? You know, the big growing season, plant people? It could be like the Japanese thing where they chart blooming cherry trees in the spring? Only maybe the Pale Tree blooms once a year in summer or something? Sylvari would find that something to celebrate.

Mad King, Wintersday and New Year are all in Kryta, SAB is in Metrica. We could do sylvari, or norn (maybe norn have a midsummer festival around ‘the time of year when the sun doesn’t set AT ALL’, they’re probably far enough north for that) Or charr have a fireworks contest that involves fireworks AND blowing things up…

I mean just as off-the-top-of-my-head ideas. I’d honestly love to see old festivals that were held in the summer return, but since I didn’t start playing until they passed on, that’s more curiosity than nostalgia. I could totally love new festivals just as much.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I would love to see the Queens Jubilee and Queens Gauntlet come back. The Gauntlet would be great with a little love to the arenas. A flat neutral floor rather than the mesh we had, no “walls” to constrain the camera. I almost had Liadri the last time, I had her down to a sliver of health before I dodged into a wall. I don’t remember the wall being there at the start of the fight. I think she bribed it to interfere in the match. Calls for a stewards enquiry went unanswered. ;(

It’d be a pity if we never see that content again.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Yes, something like the Four Winds may be technically old but remember to anyone who joined in the past few years it is new. I think the argument was the airship crashed? I am reminded of a saying:

“Anything one author invents another can get out of.”

What is against, oh, a few survivors stumbling out of the jungle one day and a party being thrown to celebrate the occasion? Or just an event memorializing the crash?

Summer festival?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yes, something like the Four Winds may be technically old but remember to anyone who joined in the past few years it is new. I think the argument was the airship crashed? I am reminded of a saying:

“Anything one author invents another can get out of.”

What is against, oh, a few survivors stumbling out of the jungle one day and a party being thrown to celebrate the occasion? Or just an event memorializing the crash?

Or a new Master of Peace starting to gather the survivors to rebuild their society (and their airships).

Then returning from time to time to trade and pick up travellers as they did before.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

We should have Walborg (Walpurgis) or midsommer (summer solstice) festival, that would be awesome

Summer festival?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Yes, we have mostly been sticking to celebrations popular in the US. I was just at a midsommer thing this past weekend and different cultures have things all over the year. It should not be hard to connect Tyria to some. In fact, I am surprised so many are mainly in Kryta …. wintersday would be a natural fit for the Shiverpeaks.

Summer festival?

Linken.6345

Okay, well, if we want a ‘new’ festival…what about something honoring Trahearne or the Pale Tree in the summer? You know, the big growing season, plant people? It could be like the Japanese thing where they chart blooming cherry trees in the spring? Only maybe the Pale Tree blooms once a year in summer or something? Sylvari would find that something to celebrate.

Mad King, Wintersday and New Year are all in Kryta, SAB is in Metrica. We could do sylvari, or norn (maybe norn have a midsummer festival around ‘the time of year when the sun doesn’t set AT ALL’, they’re probably far enough north for that) Or charr have a fireworks contest that involves fireworks AND blowing things up…

I mean just as off-the-top-of-my-head ideas. I’d honestly love to see old festivals that were held in the summer return, but since I didn’t start playing until they passed on, that’s more curiosity than nostalgia. I could totally love new festivals just as much.

They could add meatober fest as a real festival aswell.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

They could add meatober fest as a real festival aswell.

Love that idea. Bring it on!

Summer festival?

Larathia.5284

See, I thought Meatoberfest too, but (knowing the event is year-round because event) isn’t it supposedly in October? And we have October covered – The Mad King pops up in October, kicking off the fall-winter-spring set of festivals.

Mind you if we can hold a Giant Charr Meat-fest in June i am all for it.

Summer festival?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If you look at lions arch someone is running training for the queens gauntlet.

I wonder if this was just forgotten, or not because she’s been running for some time now with no gauntlet in sight.

Summer festival?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

See, I thought Meatoberfest too, but (knowing the event is year-round because event) isn’t it supposedly in October? And we have October covered – The Mad King pops up in October, kicking off the fall-winter-spring set of festivals.

Sadly, food based festivals tend to work best around harvest time. (Thanksgiving in the USA, for example.) For a summer festival food should be only a secondary part of it and not the main focus.

If we don’t get an old festival back for the summer, I’d love to see the sylvari start one to celebrate their freedom from Mordremoth. It could be one part Dragon Bash, one part contemplative festival of the stars.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Summer festival?

Linken.6345

meatoberfest can be what ever week they want.