The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Claenden Dannagh.8346

Claenden Dannagh.8346

“Condition Remover.” “Gatherer.” “Reviver.” Dailies that you could do at any level, anywhere on the map, during your……well, daily play.

Today’s dailies include going to a specific map, clicking on a vista that I already clicked on in Ascalon (a level 1 area), going to another specific map, cutting four trees down in Queensdale (a level 1 area)…and then going to another specific map and completing four events in Silverwastes (a level 80 area), or going to another specific map and doing a fractal run (a level 80 area).

So, you can’t do PvE dailies without a level 80. Either bring your 80 and be bored out of your skull in Ascalon, or bring your <80 and die instantly in Silverwastes.

Interestingly, I asked in map chat, “Seriously? I need a level 80 to finish the PvE dailies?” and was told “yeah, but it doesn’t take that long to get 80.”

We just keep drinking the koolaid…

(edited by Claenden Dannagh.8346)

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Prize for the worst one so far: complete a level 11-20 fractals. The sheer terrible thought process that decided that should get anywhere near a list shows how out of touch whoever thought of it is.

Quite true. There’s just no reason for it to not be: complete a fractal run. I rarely, rarely run 11-20 anymore. I do run 50 nearly daily and often 40 daily as well. Why can’t that count?

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

I dislike the new dailies with a passion. If before I could mind my own business and actually do what I needed to do for the character I was playing at the time, and still achieve the dailies, now I have to jump all over the map to gather and see vistas?

I don’t think so. I get my laurel by logging in, and I see soon, after wintersday (and probably still during, by what I can see on the forum) the only thing I’ll be doing will be long in – get laurel – log out.

Again, it’s like someone is trying really hard to get the game to the ground. I know, competition is hard in the MMO market and rivals would stoop to low, low levels

Posted by: Mr Snotty Pants.3980

Mr Snotty Pants.3980

So, just like traits, ANet pushes us towards content we don’t want to do by limiting options we use to have…

What happened to play like you want to?

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I had it done in 15 minutes… and 10 of those were events in Silverwaste, 4 were walking my Ele to Silverwaste because they hadn’t been there yet.

I do prefer the old way though… I played the game longer since it gave me a reason to actually explore a new zone while I more slowly ticked away at those daily goals.

Posted by: Verdelet.3812

Verdelet.3812

I tried the new daily and again at reset not long ago and must say I’m not a fan. The new dailies remind me of how it was before the update that made them less restrictive, except worse. Completing the dailies passively whilst exploring the map of my choice was satisfying – with the way things are now after the change, I see myself going back to how it was before i.e. not bothering about them unless I happen to be in the right area.

It’s disappointing that Anet is still trying to push players into content they don’t enjoy. I hate PvP with a burning passion and a daily will not make me participate in it, only restrict the things I actually can do for the daily. What’s irritating is that I know exactly what I like and dislike, yet Anet’s attitude, based on the changes they make, comes across to me as, “You may think you don’t like X but really, you do…” or “This must be your first MMO – trust us, you’ll like this…”

Oh well.

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

So I logged in for the first time post patch, and decided to go do the daily. First off, got several small rewards just for logging in, and my first click of 7 logins until I get the bag of laurels. Ok, that’s better than before, since I never got anything on login before.

So went to do my daily, and purposefully took my time doing it. Harvested some Kryta timber, went to an Ascalonian viewpoint, and then purposefully went into wvw, as I knew that might take some time.

Please realize….I took my sweet time doing these things…..under no hurry and just kind of casually looking at where to go next…..

So went out to wvw……got in a couple fights, took a couple minor borderland points, and then finally did my daily of taking down a sentry and capturing the point.

Mind you, I wandered and purposefully took my time with it all.

It took me 24 minutes. Could easily be done in half that time. The rewards I got weren’t incredible, but they were good…..some xp scrit, some christmas goodies, some coin, and 10 AP…..the rewards were much better than the old system…..for doing next to nothing. And you don’t have to go to wvw…..I just did that as I knew it would take some time, as I went into more difficult areas.

Those people that are complaining about this must only have around 15 minutes a night to play.

It is easy as pie to do, and the rewards are much better than before.

Seriously, quit whining, suck it up, go commit a huge 15 minute chunk of time, and do the daily. It is not rocket science.

And if you don’t want to do the daily, that is fine, too. With the older system, the daily took much longer to complete, with far less rewards, even when I was specifically doing the daily.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Prize for the worst one so far: complete a level 11-20 fractals. The sheer terrible thought process that decided that should get anywhere near a list shows how out of touch whoever thought of it is.

People who say ‘collecting x in y’ is easy are assuming players have even unlocked that area, whereas many people haven’t, as they tend to only play the bits they want to, especially if they are no longer playing their first toon.

The new system isn’t completely terrible as far as dailies go, but the choice needs to be expanded so players aren’t forced into doing things they don’t want to do- which leads to resentment and eventually some players quitting.

Do other achievements. Five of them take no time at all with the 50 rank points one (not counted as one of the 5) dependent on how quickly you can get into a near completed match and stil have enough time to get at least 50 points.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

This game is updated by unpaid interns, this is why each patch makes the game worse.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

wow , many of you don’t realize how easy doing 3 of these achievements are. (take no more than 5 mins to do!!!!) NO LAURELS???? omg ! You get laurels by logging in now.

It is clear that those who are whining don’t have all the facts or didn’t even make an effort to get all of the facts.

Posted by: Eggers.5608

Eggers.5608

I don’t like the new dailies. I liked how with the dailies, I could log in do whatever I wanted to PvP, WvW, farm Orr events, farm world bosses , level up an alt, do the living story, or finish exploring with an alt, and finish my dailies. This feels more like I’m being push to do what Arena Net wants me to do instead of what I want to do. I like the freedom of choice in games, and do not like being told I need to play the game this way, or I’m playing the game wrong. The new dailies feel like that, like I’m not playing the way Arena Net wants me to, so this will get me to play the way they want me to.

Teon.5168

wow , many of you don’t realize how easy doing 3 of these achievements are. (take no more than 5 mins to do!!!!) NO LAURELS???? omg ! You get laurels by logging in now.

It is clear that those who are whining don’t have all the facts or didn’t even make an effort to get all of the facts.

You don’t get laurels immediately, as it looks like they’re now on a 7 click sort of thing. Login 7 times(consecutive or not, doesn’t matter) after the reset, and you get a nice bag of 7 laurels. Plus all the better rewards you now get for doing the dailies.

I completely agree with your above post. It is is simple as heck to get the dailies, and those that are gritching about it must either be completely inflexible, not willing to adapt…..or haven’t come anywhere close to actually trying it.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Teon.5168

This game is updated by unpaid interns, this is why each patch makes the game worse.

Do you even play the game anymore?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Siltoneus.7138

Siltoneus.7138

New new Dailys suck. Completely and utterly. I’m not going to waste 3 hours of my time on a kitten Fractal for a ONE PART of a frickn’ Daily achievement. I have a life, and 1-1 1/2 hours a day is should be MORE THAN ENOUGH time to get a frickn’ daily achievement.
Lets hope someone at ANet realizes what a kitten colossal screwup this is, and fixes it post-haste.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

People really will complain about anything.

The achievements are vastly easier to complete post-patch. I did mine in 5 minutes! What a grind!!
Also, I got 10AP compared to 3AP and I also got better rewards. Problem where?

Teon.5168

New new Dailys suck. Completely and utterly. I’m not going to waste 3 hours of my time on a kitten Fractal for a ONE PART of a frickn’ Daily achievement. I have a life, and 1-1 1/2 hours a day is should be MORE THAN ENOUGH time to get a frickn’ daily achievement.
Lets hope someone at ANet realizes what a kitten colossal screwup this is, and fixes it post-haste.

Have you actually tried the new daily system? You can do it in 10-15 minutes easy.
Claiming that it takes 3 hours to complete is an utter fabrication.

Try it before just making stuff up about it.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I think login rewards are BS in any game, but I guess I’m glad they added them because I doubt I’ll do the dailies much now, which is OK, but I’ll miss the old, loose framing of my play time.

Previously, I thought the GW2 dailies were the best I’d seen in any game because they were so unstructured. I usually got my daily finished organically, by just running around doing whatever I felt like. Worst case, I’d end up 4/5 and have to pay attention for 5 min. to finish up. On nights when I wasn’t feeling particularly goal directed, I could use the daily to add a bit of structure to something like map completion on an alt.

The old system fit my play style like a comfy sweater. The new one is more like a tight shoe. Fortunately, I don’t have to wear them since ANet hasn’t tied the dailies to anything compelling to me. I still think it’s a shame, though, that they wrecked what felt to me like a near perfect system.

That’s it in a nutshell. +1

Posted by: Siltoneus.7138

Siltoneus.7138

Have you actually tried the new daily system? You can do it in 10-15 minutes easy.

You better believe I’ve done them, and I hated every minute of it. With 8 toons, and 7 of them sitting at 90+% map completion (lacking WvW mostly), the last thing I want to do is run around and look at Vista’s I’ve already seen.

And as far as taking 3 hours, I could care less what YOU think, I know how much time it takes me to run one of those PITA Fractals. With a family, job, and kids, you better BELIEVE I know EXACTLY how long it takes. One of the reasons I’ve only run the frickn’ things under a dozen times.

(edited by Siltoneus.7138)

Posted by: JHCinSC.3017

JHCinSC.3017

I too hate the new dailies. I have done my daily everyday since they were first created. I only pve and now I sign on and see only 3 pve daily choices; kryta lumber, ascalon vista and maguuma events. Now I have gained back 30+ minutes of my life as I no longer have feel a need to keep my daily streak going. Nice job Anet.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Seriously, dailies are just as easy as before, and are substantially more rewarding. The only real change is that you do need to pay attention to them rather than have them ‘running in the background’. If they’d made them more complex and left the rewards as they were I could understand the outrage, but we’re being compensated for the additional effort.

Most players seem to have adjusted to this anyway. Everyone was calling out events in Queensdale, just like old times. Warmed me heart * sniffs *

Teon.5168

You better kitten belive I’ve done them. Hated every kitten minute of it. And as far as taking 3 hours, I could care less what YOU think, I know how much time it takes me to run one of those PITA Fractals. With a family, job, and kids, you better BELIEVE I know EXACTLY how long it takes.

I have a job and family, too…..and with limited time to play, why the heck are you doing fractals to complete the daily???? You could spend a fraction, a fraction of that time and get the daily, THEN go do fractals.

I just did the daily tonight, taking my kitten ed sweet time, and it took all of 24 minutes. I could have easily done it in 10, had I been in a hurry.

I am not sure what your point is, except to rage and express anger at some change that screws with a whopping 10 minutes of your time.

Are some of you truly that inflexible?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

You better kitten belive I’ve done them. Hated every kitten minute of it. And as far as taking 3 hours, I could care less what YOU think, I know how much time it takes me to run one of those PITA Fractals. With a family, job, and kids, you better BELIEVE I know EXACTLY how long it takes.

I can only hope you’re trolling.

Why use the fractal achievement as an example when you can avoid it entirely? Go chop some lumber, trade in 25 badges for some siege weapon(s)…And finally, take a sentry or view a vista. 5-10minutes you’re done. Stop with the fabrications, please.

PS you sound kittened using caps to stress certain words.

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

No, this is easier for people who don’t want to grind all 10 achievement points. While this is directed at NPE players, personally I prefer this.

This makes no sense, it is yet another attempt by Anet to force players into areas of the game that many might have little to no interest in. Yes, there are 4 possibilities for PVE, but they have you jumping all over the map, and personally I don’t want to do fractals. Their idea to improve the game seems to constantly be trying to force people into playing how they must think we want to, instead of giving us more choices and letting us decide for ourselves how and what we play.

I posted before on another message in another thread how they keep cutting back the choices, and my track before is still right on. I think it worked out to 50% just to get the 5 needed for the daily, this works out to 75%, because I am basing this on how it should be. The percentage of one specific area that people might want to make use of, instead of trying to force people into other parts of the game, and then wondering why they have an issue with that.

As far as being easier for those that don’t want to grind, etc etc. I have never been one of those people, and I think this is even more bullkitten than the last “improvement” Anet made to the dailies of combining all the different areas and hacking the options to kitten and yet, they somehow found a way to hack away even more.

• PvE dailies for me starting 7P EST 12-16
    • Daily Ascalon Vista Viewer
    • Daily Kryta Lumberer
    • Daily Silverwastes Event Completer
    • Daily Scale 11-20 Fractal

K, now IDK about anyone else but my comp lags to kitten when I get anywhere near fractals, not going to do that when all it leads to is frustration, and it is also likely that new players are not going to know let alone be able to get to Silverwastes, and I am guessing not know what fractals are. Not to mention, laggy comp in that area bad as well, due to the large number of player chars there. That takes out 2 of the 4 right there.

So Anet, by supposedly wanting to make more people want to play the game, keeps taking more and more things away. I am at a loss at how exactly this is better.

Lothirieth.3408

This thread is so full of fail. So many people not reading or attempting to understand the actual issue.

It’s not about the time.

It’s not about the rewards.

It’s about choice.

It’s not that hard to understand…. nor is it not that hard to not be a toxic kitten because someone has a different opinion than you.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

If you’re intent on only doing PvE, then you’ve got a self-imposed restriction that is making it more difficult than it needs to be for you.

I’m not going to speak against this new system until I tried it. However, I never agree with the content cross references.

It’s a bit like telling a MYST player to go play Call of Duty because it builds character.

Not everyone feels like doing competitive things every day. I personally enjoy PvP more when I don’t have to do it.

The thing is though, the entire point of dailies is to incentivize players to participate in different content. They weren’t very good at doing that before, so this change improves their ability to perform their purpose at the cost of removing the ease at which they were formerly completed (the ease which was the main reason they didn’t achieve their purpose).

Sorry but having to go to Queensdale and follow/ protect the pack bull or gathing plants in the jungle(for example)are nothing but forced manipulation by Anet to complete mediocre activites that that take you away from the game you wish to play.
Of course they are optional, but thats not the point.

Then don’t do them? All you’re losing out on is AP and if AP mattered to you then I’d be surprised that you wouldn’t jump at the fact you get 10 AP for much less work than what was required before.

It wasn’t work before, because I got them as I played where and how I wanted too. Now I have to waste coin to wp and waste time to go to the areas complete them regardless of how easy it is to do get them.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You better believe I’ve done them, and I hated every minute of it. With 8 toons, and 7 of them sitting at 90+% map completion (lacking WvW mostly), the last thing I want to do is run around and look at Vista’s I’ve already seen.

And as far as taking 3 hours, I could care less what YOU think, I know how much time it takes me to run one of those PITA Fractals. With a family, job, and kids, you better BELIEVE I know EXACTLY how long it takes. One of the reasons I’ve only run the frickn’ things under a dozen times.

You do realize you only have to do 3 of the options to get the Daily? And there were 4 PvE options including the Fractals one?

Or do you not want to gather wood in Kryta, do events in Silverwastes, and view an Ascalonian Vista?

And if one of those is not your cup of tea, how many Badges of Honor do you have from WvW? A WvW Daily is to spend Badges. Don’t even have to fight anyone.

Edit to fix Daily option for today.

(edited by Seera.5916)

Posted by: Mr Snotty Pants.3980

Mr Snotty Pants.3980

Those people that are complaining about this must only have around 15 minutes a night to play.

Seriously, quit whining, suck it up, go commit a huge 15 minute chunk of time, and do the daily. It is not rocket science.

I did the old system for fun. It framed a casual night of play.

The new system feels like busy work. I don’t care if it only takes 15 minutes, it has all the thrill of an old style delivery quest… chop 10 trees, click on a vista… yawn

Lyssan.3768

Far fewer choices in pve for those who only do pve. This is an amazingly crappy change. I thought we were going to get more options not less. You already did Less and people HATED it. You can’t be that clueless Anet.

Add more options!

It’s a good change.
It rewards people who enjoy all areas of content, incentivizes players to try other forms of content, and is possible for people who refuse to expand their horizons.

If you’re intent on only doing PvE, then you’ve got a self-imposed restriction that is making it more difficult than it needs to be for you.

Note that this message comes to you from a guy who pretty much ONLY does PvE and who will need to expand his own horizons now.

That is the point, people want to play the parts they want to play. The way to encourage them to try other stuff is not to force them into it. The way to do that is to encourage, and that “self-imposed restriction” is not what is making it more difficult, Anet removing more and more choices from the players is what is making that more difficult than it needs to be. True, Anet making one area suck more and more can have the effect of many players trying other things, like not playing a game they no longer enjoy doing so.

Jahroots.6791

It’s not about the time.

It’s about choice.

This is understandable, but we do have a choice between a number of activities that are inherently fun and/or rewarding. So far, the benefits of this change far outweigh the inconvenience caused.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i like the new dailies.

i only need to do any 3 out out a total of 12 in order to get 10 achievement points.

as for the individual rewards, i can get by without doing them.

Teon.5168

This thread is so full of fail. So many people not reading or attempting to understand the actual issue.

It’s not about the time.

It’s about choice.

It’s not that hard to understand…. nor is it not that hard to not be a toxic kitten because someone has a different opinion than you.

I completely understand. Under the old system, I avoided dailies, unless they just happened for me while playing(about 50% of the time) as they were too much of a chore to me to do purposefully. Under the old system, I felt like I was being pressured to do something I didn’t want to do, most of the time.

Under the new system, I now get login rewards, 3 times the ap awards for doing dailies, and many more drops for the entire effort. That gives me more incentive to do the dailies, which take far less time for me now to do then they did before, with far less rewards before.

I love the new change.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Lyssan.3768

Far fewer choices in pve for those who only do pve. This is an amazingly crappy change. I thought we were going to get more options not less. You already did Less and people HATED it. You can’t be that clueless Anet.

Add more options!

‘’You can’t be that clueless Anet’’

Do you really imagine the game to made based on your needs?
It should be the other way around. You play because you like it. You don’t play if you don’t like it. It is good to give feedback but it is annoying to see players insulting the company when they, themselves, have no idea what they want and they keep complaining, not realizing, that 2 months ago, there were complaints about the exact opposite of what they want now.

While I disagree with the clueless comment, I also disagree with you to some degree as well. I have been saying since they started removing stuff (which I do not think people have been asking for, and if they have, they are crazy) that they need to stop improving things and actually fix broke stuff first. My complaint is still valid, and hasn’t changed. By the way, you can complain that they are taking away stuff on one side and not fixing stuff on the other, and it is not mutually exclusive.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I held my commentary until I actually saw the system in-game. I don’t like it at all. Looking at the choices for today, there were only two I’d consider doing. Dailies used to be earned easily in normal game play; now you almost certainly have to go out of your way and jump through hoops to do them. What’s fun about that? It isn’t “stimulating” to go to maps I don’t like or participate in things I don’t like to do.

I just keep wondering what happened to GW2’s original guiding manifesto: “Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto/)

I also wonder what happened to “Is it Fun? …how ArenaNet Measures Success”
(https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success/)

I used to enjoy spending time in GW2, attaining the rewards I wanted naturally as I explored the game, but it seems as if each new patch is determined to ruin the things I once enjoyed about the core game by continually narrowing my options and taking away the fun.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

First impressions for me.

I’m torn on the specificity. On one hand it was nice to do what I want for the most part to get my daily. But on the other hand, we’re now getting more than just AP, 1 laurel, 1 mystic coin, and 1 jug of karma, + SMALL chance at BLTC or essence of luck. Now we get actual rewards for completing the specific task. And we get 10 AP if we do 3 of them. I can see ANet wanting us to not just get them for no outside effort.

On the other hand, the specificity will lead to lag and too many players in the area to really effectively get things done. And if you only have a short time to play each day, that could mean you may not get the Daily done. Especially if you’re a new player or wanting to play a low level character and a upper level zone is needed. Like today with the events in Silverwastes.

Overall, I think it’s a good change, it just needs some tweaks. Maybe Regions instead of zones. That way it’s not as restrictive, but not completely open if they aren’t wanting to open it up that much again.

Teon.5168

I did the old system for fun. It framed a casual night of play.

The new system feels like busy work. I don’t care if it only takes 15 minutes, it has all the thrill of an old style delivery quest… chop 10 trees, click on a vista… yawn

The old system felt the same for me.

The new system offers better rewards, less time involved, and encourages me to do dailies, whereas before, I wanted nothing to do with them.

Can you see how there are players out there that hate this, and at the same time, there are players out there that love this……for very similar reasons?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Well, after seeing two sets of the new dailies I gotta say they go outta their way to punish the PvE players. They were logging out in droves. Were you not killing the game fast enough before?

I also notice no Red Hat replies in this thread. C’mon, no Guts no Glory… oh wait… they took that outta the game too. NPE, Traits, Gem Exchange and now this… Exactly who green lights these changes? I’d agree that “This game is updated by unpaid interns, this is why each patch makes the game worse.” except it’s insulting to interns. If you keep pushing us out the door like this you’re gonna need a bigger door.

Man, talk about getting a lump of coal for Christmas. Looks like Anet bought the coal at the bulk rate.

Lyssan.3768

Really. Tell that to the friend I knew a little time back who has cerebral palsy and can only use one arm/hand (with poor coordination, at that).

Self-imposed. Hmm.

And your appeal to take the side of them trying to force people who may have zero interest in either PvP or WvW also has no validity. It might not be your view, which is fine, but do not sit there and display the same attitude I see in game all the time of “your view is different than mine, so I am right and you are wrong just because of that.”
Really.

Your “appeal to emotion” fallacy is duly noted and rejected as irrational.
If you can participate in PvE, then you have the level of coordination necessary to participate in WvW or PvP at a level that will satisfy the daily.

Forget where it was I was going with this as my comments seem to have been eaten, but I am 99% sure it wasn’t to agree with mtpelion.

(edited by Lyssan.3768)

Posted by: Halthur.9654

Halthur.9654

Well just saw the new Dailies for my self. Well there goes how I was working exp for my alts. And for the record, I would only do the dailies on my alts since it cuts down on the grind to get them to lvl 80.

But are you kitten kidding me. I gotta break out my level 80’s to complete the dailies. And before the fanbois jump in, I detest, absolutely detest PvP. What I liked about how the dailies were set up prior to this fiasco, is that I could do all my dailies on any of my characters in PvE, regardless of their level.

And by looking at the forums, ANet could care less. Just like with their Traits fiasco, NPE Story chop job. They will now ignore this as well.

Great job, I personally am one step closer to hitting uninstall and walking away.

ANet 2012 – Play how you want to play.

ANet 2014 – Play how we tell you to play.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m neutral on the change to dailies. That said if you don’t like them vote with your actions. Just don’t do them. Anet collects data on what players are doing or are not doing. If you don’t agree with the change to dailies don’t do the daily activities. If you disagree with the change even more stop logging in. That’s the best way to vote regarding this change as opposed to posting here.

The Burninator

Lyssan.3768

Dailies aren’t even a requirement, so what’s their to whine about. Or just buckle up and do 3 of the 4 PvE items to get your daily done, it’s not that hard people. So you might have to do a World Boss now and again, or take 5 minutes out of your routine to do go to a specific zone and do a specific event…it’s not the end of the world. Stop your griping and kittening.

OK, let’s see, some people actually like to earn the achievement points doing stuff they enjoy, and removing and/or limiting their options is somehow supposed to make them enjoy it better? Trying to force people into other areas of the game that they might have zero interest in doing anyway is going to make them enjoy the game better? And as far as the world boss, not everybody has a kick kitten gaming rig or parents to buy them one if they don’t, and have to work with what they have. I do not do world bosses for that reason, and as long as Anet continues to kitten up the game instead of improving it, I along with many others will continue to voice our thoughts on it. To me, not saying anything means you are ok with what is happening. And judging by the posts (number and content) there are many people who are NOT OK with this latest kitten up.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The new dailies and specially the new monthlies feel as bad as the new player experience. A chest just for taking a sentry? Is that really necessary? It really feels like Anet has no clue what WvW players want.

I mean come on, log-in everyday and don’t even play and you still get your monthly? What about those who were proud to do it and actually enjoyed “playing” for it ?

Really disappointing, after 2 years the game should be getting harder not easier.

Lothirieth.3408

This is understandable, but we do have a choice between a number of activities that are inherently fun and/or rewarding. So far, the benefits of this change far outweigh the inconvenience caused.

I respectfully disagree. If today’s dailies were 1. View a vista, 2. gather at 4 nodes, 3. complete a fractal, 4. complete 4 events, 5. win 1 pvp game, etc that would offer many, many more choices for players. This would make the daily much less of a chore to complete as people could go to the part of Tyria they like best.

It would be a fair compromise which would lead to an overall more satisfied player base. Those of you that are happy with the dailies as they are now wouldn’t see any change really, but those who don’t like it dictated to go to ‘X’ zone for specific ‘X’ thing would enjoy the returned freedom to play how/when/where they like.

Lyssan.3768

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

Same could be said about those against the change.

Yea, except I think the common sense view says that taking away options (which Anet has now done twice to the daily achievements) is usually less desirable than adding more options, or in some cases leaving the available options alone. So the “same thing could be said about those against the change” part really doesn’t hold up.

Oh, that and the fact that people are in here spending so much time complaining about the kittenup Anet did to the dailies instead of working on those dailies, because they now suck, should tell you something. And yes I did try the new dailies system.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I reckon the change is awesome, boggles my mind (okay not really) that people are actually complaining about a system that requires less work and more rewards. Then again some people just like to complain.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Do you even play the game anymore?

Do you?

Last i checked this game is still littered with bugs, broken features from patches like the trait change and NPE completely screwing up the personal story. Megaserver that sounded good on paper but was implemented extremely poorly etc.. the only update that was a universal positive is the wardrobe but lets be real here, even unpaid interns can get that right. Oh and lets not forget the complete removal of the human female idle animation just because..“insert ridiculous reason here”

Jahroots.6791

I definitely agree that the choices feel restrictive, hopefully they tweak them a bit for future dailies. Overall I think players will be satisfied, as this change is exactly what a lot of us asked for.

Lyssan.3768

I’m not going to speak against this new system until I tried it. However, I never agree with the content cross references.

It’s a bit like telling a MYST player to go play Call of Duty because it builds character.

Not everyone feels like doing competitive things every day. I personally enjoy PvP more when I don’t have to do it.

The thing is though, the entire point of dailies is to incentivize players to participate in different content. They weren’t very good at doing that before, so this change improves their ability to perform their purpose at the cost of removing the ease at which they were formerly completed (the ease which was the main reason they didn’t achieve their purpose).

And this last adjustment removes that incentive even more than the last time they kittened with the dailies. It is like a tongue-in-cheek bumper sticker I saw before that Anet seems to have taken the idea to heart with. “The beatings will continue until moral improves.”

Posted by: Halthur.9654

Halthur.9654

I definitely agree that the choices feel restrictive, hopefully they tweak them a bit for future dailies. Overall I think players will be satisfied, as this change is exactly what a lot of us asked for.

I sure as kitten didn’t ask for this change. And I was too busy playing the game to lurk on the forums everyday to even see if they asked us. Because I would have been thoroughly against this change.

ANet 2012 – Play how you want to play.

ANet 2014 – Play how we tell you to play.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

Same could be said about those against the change.

Yea, except I think the common sense view says that taking away options (which Anet has now done twice to the daily achievements) is usually less desirable than adding more options, or in some cases leaving the available options alone. So the “same thing could be said about those against the change” part really doesn’t hold up.

Oh, that and the fact that people are in here spending so much time complaining about the kittenup Anet did to the dailies instead of working on those dailies, because they now suck, should tell you something. And yes I did try the new dailies system.

The only part about the opposition to the new system that I agree with is that it took away options. However, I believe that the 10 AP by doing just 3 achievements, and that they’re quicker to do, more than make up for it.

People complain for various reasons. Many people have complained without even trying it. Other people complain just to complain. Just because people complain doesn’t mean that it’s inherently a bad update. People are more likely to complain than praise.

Lothirieth.3408

I reckon the change is awesome, boggles my mind (okay not really) that people are actually complaining about a system that requires less work and more rewards. Then again some people just like to complain.

It boggles my mind that people don’t bother to read the constructive criticism being offered by posters here and instead assume wrongly they understand said criticism, then complain about other people complaining.