The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I’m fine with the daily log in thing. I don’t mind doing events in whatever area Anet decides (I don’t like it, but will do it for achievement point), viewing vistas is fine too. What I do NOT enjoy is having to go out to a specific area and gather. I also am unable to complete the “world boss” because I’m not always able to play at that particular time. I PvE only so WvW, dungeons/fractal and PvP are out.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

You pve only so dungeons and fractals are out? O.O?

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

I’m fine with the daily log in thing. I don’t mind doing events in whatever area Anet decides (I don’t like it, but will do it for achievement point), viewing vistas is fine too. What I do NOT enjoy is having to go out to a specific area and gather. I also am unable to complete the “world boss” because I’m not always able to play at that particular time. I PvE only so WvW, dungeons/fractal and PvP are out.

bad news bear – anet decided what you were gonna do prior to this update for dailies and monthies, now you just log in you get those rewards and if that wasnt easy enough already they don’t even reset on the turn of a new month!!!!

its only 3 actitives for 10 ap….on top of that you get extra rewards based on the activity. please complain more about how you dislike getting an extra free rare for completing w/e daily world boss. XD

It appears that the more they dumb down the game and make it incrediably easier it for no reason makes it hard for you o.0. so before you can make your rage quit posts….. can i haz your stuffs?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

What I don’t understand in all this, is that dailies have kinda gone back to what they used to be before the last iteration, where the daily achievements were more focused and required you to do a very specific task in a very specific location.

The reason ANet changed the dailies to be less focused and more generalized, was so that players could play what they wanted, where they wanted and still get daily rewards. It seems bizarre to me that we’ve now gone back to a similar system to what we had before (barring the login rewards) with more strict requirements on dailies and less variety.

Why do we go back and fourth with features no-one has actually mentioned having issue with, but we never fix age old bugs, or introduce new gameplay features which people are practically begging for all the time?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

What I don’t understand in all this, is that dailies have kinda gone back to what they used to be before the last iteration, where the daily achievements were more focused and required you to do a very specific task in a very specific location.

The reason ANet changed the dailies to be less focused and more generalized, was so that players could play what they wanted, where they wanted and still get daily rewards. It seems bizarre to me that we’ve now gone back to a similar system to what we had before (barring the login rewards) with more strict requirements on dailies and less variety.

Why do we go back and fourth with features no-one has actually mentioned having issue with, but we never fix age old bugs, or introduce new gameplay features which people are practically begging for all the time?

Except that players are getting more than they bargained for this way, because they don’t have to do anything at all, and they get everything but the achievement points.

And people did complain about feeling like they had to do all the dailies every day to keep up with achievement points. For some, it ruined the game for them, but they still didn’t stop.

I used to do far more than the five dailies every day…this is a lot better for me. I do less and get more.

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Except that players are getting more than they bargained for this way, because they don’t have to do anything at all, and they get everything but the achievement points.

And people did complain about feeling like they had to do all the dailies every day to keep up with achievement points. For some, it ruined the game for them, but they still didn’t stop.

I used to do far more than the five dailies every day…this is a lot better for me. I do less and get more.

It doesn’t matter if we’re getting more or less than we bargained for, that’s not the point. The point is that this is development time and resources being poured into systems that were never bad or broken to begin with, and that people were satisfied with already.

Why can’t those resources rather go into fixing bugs that have existed for months or years, or introducing craftable precursors, or introducing new skills or traits or weapons for classes, or many of the other things that were promised to us ages ago, but most of which have yet to be delivered upon?

That’s what really irks me here.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Do people not understand you can mix and match WvW/PvP and PvE??

Do people don’t understand that many of us don’t want to have anything to do with PvP?

So, before, I could complete my dailies the way I wanted, and now you are telling my Anet is trying to force me into styles of play I dislike?

Vayne.8563

It doesn’t matter if we’re getting more or less than we bargained for, that’s not the point. The point is that this is development time and resources being poured into systems that were never bad or broken to begin with, and that people were satisfied with already.

Why can’t those resources rather go into fixing bugs that have existed for months or years, or introducing craftable precursors, or introducing new skills or traits or weapons for classes, or many of the other things that were promised to us ages ago, but most of which have yet to be delivered upon?

That’s what really irks me here.

Because people weren’t satisfied with it. That is to say, for many, including me, this is an improvement. Why shouldn’t they work on something that improves the game for a percentage of people. I’m not the only one who feels happy and satisified with the changes.

And “most of the things” promised to us were delivered. There are a few exceptions, but they remain that. Exceptions.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

After a few days to experience the new system, my complaints boil down to:

• I had to log in on an 80 to get the login reward. Logging in on an L28 did not produce that chest (Yes, it was after the reset). This seems more like a bug than a feature, and I will report it as such if I can replicate it today. I’ve only seen one other report that this happened, and have to believe there would be more if this was widespread.
  • The event scaling in starter zones is insufficient for the numbers of players drawn to the zone. Frankly, the event scaling in this game as a whole needs a look-see and some adjustment. I never thought I’d say this, but Karka were dying too fast yesterday at one point.
  • Too much mouse clicking for rewards. This game could really use a Use All option for clicky chests, etc.

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Because people weren’t satisfied with it. That is to say, for many, including me, this is an improvement. Why shouldn’t they work on something that improves the game for a percentage of people. I’m not the only one who feels happy and satisified with the changes.

And “most of the things” promised to us were delivered. There are a few exceptions, but they remain that. Exceptions.

I read the forums quite often and I have to say, I’ve never seen a post about people not being satisfied with the dailies or asking for it to change, especially in its most recent incarnation. That’s not to say that kind of posts has never existed but it more than likely wasn’t an important enough issue for it to be bought up often, if ever at all. I just did a search now even, and I came up negative. I did, however, find complaints about the current system as it is now after the patch.

If there are any such posts that I have somehow overlooked regarding the previous incarnation of the daily achievement system, please could you refer me to them so I can read them and get some more insight into what people might have had an issue with beforehand.

Also, I think your obscuring facts in your defense. There are a lot of promised features that have not been introduced. They are certainly not a minority because in reality, there have actually been very few developments from a gameplay perspective in GW2 when it comes to permanent, new gameplay content. I see regular post themes pop up all the time that are never addressed, or ongoing issues that have never been resolved.

For you to blindly defend everything ANet ever does, without being objective, or without considering the negative backlash or the feelings of other players, isn’t actually doing any favors to GW2 or to ANet. Feedback is needed, whether it’s good or bad, for this game to become better and we players give it because we WANT the game to become better, not because we’re just trying to be kitten (yes, there are some kitten but a lot of us just want a great game). A lot of us are also feeling frustrated because it always feels like our feedback is ignored, while promises that have existed for over a year remain unfulfilled. If you need evidence regarding this matter, simply look through the forums and observe the countless posts regarding lack of communication, the lack of transparency on ANets part, or the various complaints about a lack of new meaningful gameplay content.

In the end, I’m not saying whether these changes to the daily system are good or bad. I have yet to actually say anything negative about the system itself, if you would have noticed. What I am saying, however, is that I do think ANet needs to rethink their priorities, and start addressing the more urgent issues that have been the topics of discussion for years now. If you promise precursor crafting by the end of 2013, for example (which ANet did) and still have yet to deliver it by the end of 2014, then there’s clearly an issue.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)

Vayne.8563

I read the forums quite often and I have to say, I’ve never seen a post about people not being satisfied with the dailies or asking for it to change, especially in its most recent incarnation. That’s not to say that kind of posts has never existed but it more than likely wasn’t an important enough issue for it to be bought up often, if ever at all. I just did a search now even, and I came up negative. I did, however, find complaints about the current system as it is now after the patch.

If there are any such posts that I have somehow overlooked regarding the previous incarnation of the daily achievement system, please could you refer me to them so I can read them and get some more insight into what people might have had an issue with beforehand.

Also, I think your obscuring facts in your defense. There are a lot of promised features that have not been introduced. They are certainly not a minority because in reality, there have actually been very few developments form a gameplay perspective in GW2 when it comes to permanent, new gameplay content. I see regular post themes pop up all the time that are never addressed, or ongoing issues that have never been resolved.

For you to blindly defend everything ANet ever does, without being objective, or without considering the negative backlash or the feelings of other players, isn’t actually doing any favors to GW2 or to ANet. Feedback is needed, whether it’s good or bad, for this game to become better and we players give it because we WANT the game to become better, not because we’re just trying to be kitten (yes, there are some kitten but a lot of us just want a great game). A lot of us are also feeling frustrated because it always feels like our feedback is ignored, while promises that have existed for over a year remain unfulfilled. If you need evidence regarding this matter, simply look through the forums and observe the countless posts regarding lack of communication, the lack of transparency on ANets part, or the various complains about a lack of new meaningful gameplay content.

In the end, I’m not saying whether these changes to the daily system are good or bad. I have yet to actually say anything negative about the system itself, if you would have noticed. What I am saying, however, is that I do think ANet needs to rethink their priorities, and start addressing the more urgent issues that have been the topics of discussion for years now. If you promise precursor crafting by the end of 2013, for example (which ANet did) and still have yet to deliver it by the end of 2014, then there’s clearly an issue.

I probably could refer you to them if the search engine worked, but it doesn’t. So I can’t. However, other people have brought it up. Either you believe me or you don’t.

There were people tired of chasing all those points and some of them burned out and left. People have posted about it, whether you want to believe it or not.

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Also, I think your obscuring facts in your defense. There are a lot of promised features that have not been introduced. They are certainly not a minority because in reality, there have actually been very few developments form a gameplay perspective in GW2 when it comes to permanent, new gameplay content. I see regular post themes pop up all the time that are never addressed, or ongoing issues that have never been resolved.

For you to blindly defend everything ANet ever does, without being objective, or without considering the negative backlash or the feelings of other players, isn’t actually doing any favors to GW2 or to ANet. Feedback is needed, whether it’s good or bad, for this game to become better and we players give it because we WANT the game to become better, not because we’re just trying to be kitten (yes, there are some kitten but a lot of us just want a great game). A lot of us are also feeling frustrated because it always feels like our feedback is ignored, while promises that have existed for over a year remain unfulfilled. If you need evidence regarding this matter, simply look through the forums and observe the countless posts regarding lack of communication, the lack of transparency on ANets part, or the various complains about a lack of new meaningful gameplay content.

I probably could refer you to them if the search engine worked, but it doesn’t. So I can’t. However, other people have brought it up. Either you believe me or you don’t.

There were people tired of chasing all those points and some of them burned out and left. People have posted about it, whether you want to believe it or not.

That’s why I didn’t use the search engine and searched for the topics on Google. As for believing you, in a way you’ve actually supported my point regarding a lack of communication and transparency on ANet’s part.

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Here is another feedback, from me: I HATE THE NEW DAILY SYSTEM!

I do not know who screamed on forums wanting new ways for daily, but I got no laurels for daily since the launch of this new system. I strongly and absolutely think ArenaNet made one of their worst decisions by modifying dailies as it stands.

I am a casual player. I got no laurels for dailies so far. This is my feedback as customer of ArenaNet (if my opinion counts).

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

I do not know who screamed on forums wanting new ways for daily, but I got no laurels for daily since the launch of this new system. I strongly and absolutely think ArenaNet made one of their worst decisions by modifying dailies as it stands.

I am a casual player. I got no laurels for dailies so far. This is my feedback as customer of ArenaNet (if my opinion counts).

That would be because you get laurels from the login rewards not from dailies.

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

That would be because you get laurels from the login rewards not from dailies.

And in addition, you will get 55 laurels every 28 login days (almost 2 laurels a day) if you chose the final reward chest of laurels on the 28th day.

This is much better than 40 laurels every 30 days.

Posted by: Skpamd.3874

Skpamd.3874

I absolutely agree, I hate them as well. I don’t do pvp, I don’t do wvw and now it feels like I am being forced to do something I do not want to do. If they were going to do it this way why not just add more choices to do. Do a compromise of both the new style and the way it use to be. Daily reviver, crafting, ambient killer, jumping puzzle, etc, basically all the old stuff should be put back on the list along with the new dailies. It would make it more enjoyable for everyone.

Lynne.8416

bad news bear – anet decided what you were gonna do prior to this update for dailies and monthies, now you just log in you get those rewards and if that wasnt easy enough already they don’t even reset on the turn of a new month!!!!

its only 3 actitives for 10 ap….on top of that you get extra rewards based on the activity. please complain more about how you dislike getting an extra free rare for completing w/e daily world boss. XD

It appears that the more they dumb down the game and make it incrediably easier it for no reason makes it hard for you o.0. so before you can make your rage quit posts….. can i haz your stuffs?

sheesh, , there was no quit rage post, there is absolutely nothing in my post about quitting. I merely stated my opinion, which is the point of these threads. I prefer the old dailies compared to the new dailies. It’s really not a big deal either way to me. I play what I find enjoyable which, again, is what I stated in my post.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Even though I’m completing a lot fewer daily achievements now I think I actually like the new system. Here’s my thoughts so far, in no particular order.

Pros

• I don’t need to do dailies because none of the rewards (so far) are unique. It’s another option for getting the items on offer, but not the only way like it was with laurels.
  • I don’t miss out on laurels if I miss a day. As a casual player with an erratic schedule I often miss days, or don’t have time to do the daily on top of what I actually want to do. Before that meant 1 less laurel, now it’s ‘saved’ for me and it just takes me a day longer to get to it.
  • I like the Writ of Experience. I’ve always liked the idea of using XP from dailies to level characters, but not having to play a low level character before my main so they can get the XP. This way I can play whichever character I want and then decide who the XP goes to.

Cons

• I’m a lot less likely to complete 3 achievements just by playing normally, unless I happen to play WvW that day, which is relatively rare.
  • Getting a ‘reward’ just for logging in seems a bit silly. But I guess it’s the only way they could keep the existing rewards when adding the new system.

???
Since I’m usually not going to complete the dailies and I’m not interested in seeing them I’m actually using the Watchlist for achievements I am interested in. Although on days when I do complete the daily I’ll probably clear it so I can have less text on screen.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I agree with the op. New daily are an horrible fail.

Why?

First, we feel forced to do things. Nobody like to feel like being forced to do thing. Forced to play a specific class in pvp? well i won’t pvp anymore. Forced to stay in a building in wvw? Hell! no more wvw for me. Forced to go in nothing-interesting-land in pve to do event? why would i do that?

Second, Reward feel absolutely NOT rewarding. Experience… We can gather experience everywhere. This world is so full of experience it would be a crime not to get some. You enter in an area, you gain experience. You’re mining a nod, you gain experience. You kill something, experience again. Do an event, experience. Crafting, experience. Build something in wvw, experience again and again and again. Does experience feel rewarding? No.

Third and not the least, with new daily, you don’t want to play the content of GW2. Previously, you add a goal that led you in every aspect of GW2. Now you do 3 thing the way you’re forced to and everything else can go to hell, you already got your AP.

In conclusion, these new daily may be a good thing for lazy people that like to be bossed around. But, it’s done in an horrible fashion and i think it’s a very bad step if you want player to enjoy the game and stay in this game.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Tenrai Senshi.2017

• I don’t miss out on laurels if I miss a day. As a casual player with an erratic schedule I often miss days, or don’t have time to do the daily on top of what I actually want to do. Before that meant 1 less laurel, now it’s ‘saved’ for me and it just takes me a day longer to get to it.

This aspect actually hasn’t changed. If you missed a day before, you didn’t get the laurel for that day. If you miss a day now, you still don’t get a laurel for that day. Either way you still miss out on a laurel for the day you missed. O_o

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

you keep posting really random incoherent stuff. You do realize that what you just said has absolutely nothing to do with the post you quoted, right?

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Do people don’t understand that many of us don’t want to have anything to do with PvP?

So, before, I could complete my dailies the way I wanted, and now you are telling my Anet is trying to force me into styles of play I dislike?

It’s not ANet’s fault you only play 1/3 the game. You havethe same amount of options for dailies that you’ve always had, you just choose to not recognize them. It’s not Anet that takes away your choices, it’s you.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

sheesh, , there was no quit rage post, there is absolutely nothing in my post about quitting. I merely stated my opinion, which is the point of these threads. I prefer the old dailies compared to the new dailies. It’s really not a big deal either way to me. I play what I find enjoyable which, again, is what I stated in my post.

Well Im talking about the future rage quit. Youve stated the only thing you enjoy is pve- so when that no longer becomes enjoyable what will you do then?

The point of these threads is to complain which yeah in a way is sorta like an opinion. Sometimes they are valid but more often its just to whine. For example people whine for more content but when a piece of living story is dropped they complain they don’t want that.

Here your intetions to complain were pretty clear “What I do NOT enjoy is having to go out to a specific area and gather” but yet when you got called out on it suddenly as you’ve admitted “It’s really not a big deal either way to me”. Has it even occurred to you that once this month is over and winter dailies are removed that they can potientially factor in more daily achievements?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

While i agree that it’s rather strange that they decided to go for yet another re-iteration of the daily system while there are some glaring issues in this game, there’s no way in hell i want to go back to the old system after trying this new one. For me it’s like day and night. Interesting, versatile rewards, i love the PvP ones, no more stupid kitten boring activities like 10 revives or 15 dodges, or condi cleanse/apply and if i cba to play i can just skip it all without looking back. So in my book it’s a job well done.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Another point for ANet to consider, the effects of a zerg in a starter zone to newbies trying to level. I’ve seen one thread about how one brand new person was having the events they were trying to do stomped over by hordes of level 80s. It made leveling in that zone difficult as they didn’t have the firepower to tag mobs or the ability to get to events before they finished.

A new person won’t know that it’s just that zone and that moving to another zone might help. In addition, many people when starting out, want to do their racial “home zone” to get the lore behind their race and save the starting areas of other races for when they make a char of that race. They want to play and level, not find the way to LA, run to there, then find out where the portals to other zones are, run to there, find out where the portal to the new zone is, run to there, then finally get to play.

It’s easy for us, with knowledge of the game to say, ask about other zones or ask if this is usual but a new person who knows no one may assume the zerg is standard and may be hesitant to ask questions, particularly if there are people arguing in map chat and being toxic.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Some of the achievements are way too specific, like there was one to kill specific veteran monster in wvw (why? is it because pve has crappy achievements, and you gotta balance it out so all of them have bad ones?), and I also saw a Jormag achievment of which I just laughed off.

The former kind needs to be axed because that really is stupid, and the later is not a bad idea to give a certain world boss more incentive, but there needs to be a bit more choice. Would Shiverpeaks World boss killer be that much of a deal?

The reward for ore miner is a bit bad. Wood/gathering is nice, but ore gives you like 3 mithril. What? It costs just as much to go there! Also, what happened to the mining nodes in the first few areas of Wayfarer?

Yes, I’m part of the “Nobody’s forcing you” crowd, and will take my daily rewards anyways, but I will definitely do a lot less dailies except when the ones with decent minchests come up; this is fine with me I think but do consider your audience for the daillies.

There isn’t really much to be lost by making them region specific as opposed to zone specific. The system has great potential but needs more work.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

While i agree that it’s rather strange that they decided to go for yet another re-iteration of the daily system while there are some glaring issues in this game, there’s no way in hell i want to go back to the old system after trying this new one. For me it’s like day and night. Interesting, versatile rewards, i love the PvP ones, no more stupid kitten boring activities like 10 revives or 15 dodges, or condi cleanse/apply and if i cba to play i can just skip it all without looking back. So in my book it’s a job well done.

I totally agree with you. I really enjoy the new system. I like the fact that I can do as many items as I want and not have to worry about hitting an AP cap. The extra rewards, though small, are nice.

Lynne.8416

Well Im talking about the future rage quit. Youve stated the only thing you enjoy is pve- so when that no longer becomes enjoyable what will you do then?

The point of these threads is to complain which yeah in a way is sorta like an opinion. Sometimes they are valid but more often its just to whine. For example people whine for more content but when a piece of living story is dropped they complain they don’t want that.

Here your intetions to complain were pretty clear “What I do NOT enjoy is having to go out to a specific area and gather” but yet when you got called out on it suddenly as you’ve admitted “It’s really not a big deal either way to me”. Has it even occurred to you that once this month is over and winter dailies are removed that they can potientially factor in more daily achievements?

I don’t understand why you assume I will “rage quit” in the future? I have been playing the game since beta. I am allowed to state my opinion of what I like and what I do NOT like about the game. Just because I do not like a particular part of the game doesn’t mean I will “rage quit”. I played GW1 for several years, and I intend on playing this game for several years as well.
What I meant by my “it’s not a big deal either way to me” is the fact that this is just a game to me. Regardless of the changes that Anet has made, I will continue to play the parts of the game that I enjoy, which is PvE. IF Anet gets rid of PvE (I’m not sure why the would) then I will not be too sad to move on because I have gotten more than my monies worth of enjoyment out of this game.

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

The old dailies kept me logging in and playing (and paying in the Gem store). I could complete the dailies by just PLAYING. I’d play on main doing the new LS, on an 80 alt working on world completion, on a low level alt trying to get to 80.

The new dailies funnel me into places I may not want to go, and to do things I might not want. It’s not even worth the coin to waypoint to get to half the places all over the world for the dailies now.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Not keen. I liked being able to just complete the dailies by playing the content I wanted to play. At the moment (and for the past several months), I have only had time to log in once a week at most for a few hours, and no matter what map or content I was trying to catch up on, I could usually knock out the daily. Looking at today’s selection, that will no longer be the case.

I’m not angry or upset. It’s just pretty clear I probably won’t be completing any dailies on a regular basis any more. If it was Anet’s intention to change the purpose of dailies then . . . shrug, I guess. Time-wise, I’m a casual player, so it doesn’t impact me massively in the grand scheme of things. It’s just a bit disappointing I suppose.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

For those of us who dislike WvW and PvP the new dailies truly suck. There are so many people trying to do events its hard to get a shot in and get credit for the events. And really? Re-doing vistas I did 2 years ago? And don’t even get me started on the lack of laurels for those of us who are crafters. Anet the new dailies were ill-thought-out.

You don’t have to do them? You get the laurels just from logging in. The whole point was to make the dailies optional:

• Are you heading to the area or gameplay mode anyhow? Nice
  • Can this chest entice you to go a slightly different route to your daily play today? Nice!
  • Cannot be bothered? No problem, rewards are still given.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Arietta The Broken.1875

This is just getting sad.

“Some people want nothing to do with PvP”

I didn’t realize that going to WvW and killing a Yak or going to EoTM and killing a sentry and standing still (both of which take less than 2 minutes each) was considered PvP.

Oh better yet

PvE is just, World bosses and map completion to some people?

I really don’t get how people consider EoTM (majority) and a lot of the dailies in WvW to be “pvp”

If you’re on an extremely populated WvW server (and you don’t WvW) maybe think about moving to a less populated one so that if you do go into WvW it will be empty?

People are scared of running into someone in their own 1/3 when it’s all their color too? I mean, really are people just arguing for the sake of it. 10 minutes out of your day is that really so much to complain about. If you really don’t want to do it, don’t do it.

If you want the achievement points that sort of shows that you are capable of doing those areas of the game in my opinion. If you can’t be bothered to experience that part of the game, why are you even worried about 10 AP?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Do you not understand that lot of people just don’t want to pvp for any reason?

Erm… yes, there were complains like that. They were addressed, by changes to the daily system and creating the dailies/monthlies AP cap. Then a new round of complains appeared, correctly pointing out that Anet limited the choices for players (see the pattern?). Which resulted in adding two more generic daily options.
That was the previous instance of the daily system. This change came completely out of the blue and wasn’t in response to player complains (unless those complains were so small to be practically invisible). And again the choices were limited. Against the player feedback that Anet already had.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Arietta The Broken.1875

I don’t see how running to a sentry or killing a yak is PvP though lol..
It’s in an open world where people could attack you, but actually killing the yak, killing the sentry or even running to a ruin and standing still for 30 seconds, none of that is PvPing..

Jut because you enter a WvW map doesn’t mean you have to pvp. Look at EoTM Ktrainers, most of the time they will avoid big fights and never pvp at all. Is that still considered PvP?

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t see how running to a sentry or killing a yak is PvP though lol..
It’s in an open world where people could attack you, but actually killing the yak, killing the sentry or even running to a ruin and standing still for 30 seconds, none of that is PvPing..

Jut because you enter a WvW map doesn’t mean you have to pvp. Look at EoTM Ktrainers, most of the time they will avoid big fights and never pvp at all. Is that still considered PvP?

Well that’s not fair. I mean wvw is effectively pve where killing other players is allowed and is a competition between servers. Even the alleged EOTM is technically this, even though most don’t care.

Just because people are too busy karma training doesn’t mean it’s not pvp, it means they’re making an active choice to not play it as it was intended. That doesn’t change the fact the mode allows for pvp interruptions, and you don’t always get to choose the situation.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Arietta The Broken.1875

I think it’s safe to say if you log in at any time you can (unless the entire wvw map is owned by your world) kill a Yak without being attacked.
I think its also safe to say that if you go into any EoTM you can go to a sentry and kill it/cap the point without being attacked or seeing a red enemy.
I think its even also safer to say you can go into any WvW map and capture a ruin without being attacked.

And so what if you die? You waypoint, repair for free and try it again.

I’m not saying the maps aren’t for PvP, but it doesn’t mean you will have to pvp if you enter those maps. People seem to just be arguing “omg i can’t go into wvw i’ll die halp”

Aion was introduced as a PvPvE game and I think WvW is very similar to how rifting was over there. Some people just want to PvE, some people just want to PvP, people complained and ultimately they killed rifting completely. So the whole concept of PvPvE really died for a long time in that game.

I think a lot of people just assume if they go into WvW or EoTm they are going to get attacked and die. Which really isn’t the case. If they don’t want to pvp they don’t have to, but it doesn’t mean they should be allowed to disregard 2/3 of the game because they are scared to try to do those dailies. It takes less than 10 minutes to do them and people would rather spend 30 mins complaining on the forums than trying.

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

I think that commenting on feature changes on the forum should be forbidden for at least two weeks after the feature is introduced to avoid beeing overflooded with “I don’t like change whatever it is” posts.
After two weeks, even the slowest of players should normally be accustomed to the new system and able to formulate real and interesting feedback.

ArchonWing.9480

I think it’s safe to say if you log in at any time you can (unless the entire wvw map is owned by your world) kill a Yak without being attacked.
I think its also safe to say that if you go into any EoTM you can go to a sentry and kill it/cap the point without being attacked or seeing a red enemy.
I think its even also safer to say you can go into any WvW map and capture a ruin without being attacked.

And so what if you die? You waypoint, repair for free and try it again.

I’m not saying the maps aren’t for PvP, but it doesn’t mean you will have to pvp if you enter those maps. People seem to just be arguing “omg i can’t go into wvw i’ll die halp”

Aion was introduced as a PvPvE game and I think WvW is very similar to how rifting was over there. Some people just want to PvE, some people just want to PvP, people complained and ultimately they killed rifting completely. So the whole concept of PvPvE really died for a long time in that game.

I think a lot of people just assume if they go into WvW or EoTm they are going to get attacked and die. Which really isn’t the case. If they don’t want to pvp they don’t have to, but it doesn’t mean they should be allowed to disregard 2/3 of the game because they are scared to try to do those dailies. It takes less than 10 minutes to do them and people would rather spend 30 mins complaining on the forums than trying.

That I think runs along the assumption that the complaints are about difficulty or some kind of fear of getting owned. I don’t think it’s that, since death is so common in this game. I’m actually pretty sure a seasoned pve’er would actually be better than a lot of wvw zergers at taking camps and killing dolyaks. And yes, I understand that you could be horrible at fighting other players and just pve away in wvw to some degree of success.

But the thing is that these things simply feel routine for wvw’ers, and sure from their perspective it’s little hassle because it’s stuff they’d be doing anyways. So of course it feels trivial. Sure I can capture a ruin in a minute on my thief and it’s nothing but free wxp for me, but it’s kind of like you have to know where to go and what to do. I’m sure a lot of them are like “I don’t want to learn this kitten” much like me towards dungeons. Just like I have no intrest in memorizing boss patterns and dungeon layouts, people don’t have any intention in engaging against actual people in combat.

It would be like if they placed an achievement in wvw that involves the JP in Obsidian Sanctum and then you get a bunch of people telling me how easy it is. Or the recent one where you have to kill a vet warg/harpy in the borderlands. Being in Eternal Battlegrounds, I just saw that achievement and was like “wtf?”. Sure it wouldn’t be too hard to go over and get it, but it’s just so pointless. Nobody goes into wvw just to kill wargs. Well, mostly.

Interestingly, there’s been cases where it seems there’s an informal agreement to not fight if it’s obvious people’s doing their dailies. I find that pretty amusing.

Arietta The Broken.1875

I think the problem is in a LOT of these “I dislike this change”
Is that people are just simply unwilling to try something, and if they do try and at first they don’t succeed. They quit.
People really just don’t try things in this game.

“I went WvW once and died, never doing that again”
“I went Choir Bells once and died, never doing that again” :/

ArchonWing.9480

I think the problem is in a LOT of these “I dislike this change”
Is that people are just simply unwilling to try something, and if they do try and at first they don’t succeed. They quit.
People really just don’t try things in this game.

“I went WvW once and died, never doing that again”
“I went Choir Bells once and died, never doing that again” :/

That’s probably true, but sometimes we should respect people’s wishes to stick to their own style of play to a certain extent. People play this game for fun and while branching out is nice, should be done on their own accord.

I mean sure, there’s limits to this statements. We shouldn’t really reward people for not doing things (ironically they kinda are), but I think what people want is more flexibility.

I am pretty much majority world vs world + living story person + occasional world boss guy, and am thankful that the grand majority of game’s rewards are available to me even though I refuse to go into a lot of it. And while these dailies benefit me more than a lot of people I am trying to understand where they come from.

Arietta The Broken.1875

But was it right to reward someone in the past for dodging in the beginning area (you know those NPE dodge things)
Or standing at Rata sum and killing 30 ambient creatures?
Or going to EoTM and getting all their gathers on the same 5 nodes daily?

Okay you could do those anywhere, but rewarding someone for doing the exact same thing every day? Sounds like a real reward to me. At least this way there is some variety. People that just want to WvW can get their daily, people that just want to PvP can get their daily and people that PvE only can do.

Alternatively people that have a bit of common sense can do some of everything and get it done within 10 minutes. But doing that is too hard I guess. :/

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

So after looking at the dailies for today, I’m a bit bemused, to be honest. It seems they are all PvP/WvW themed.

Which I guess is the formula now? Daily themes?

I’m not really in favor of it. I liked that with the old system, you could complete 5 or so (the old requirement for completion) while – for the most part – doing whatever kind of content you felt like.

I almost never did every single daily per day in the old system, but I always felt like it was easy to knock out a few. Now I’m likely only going to do any if the theme fits my current area of interest in the game.

I get that the rewards are not tied to the completion anymore, but it was nonetheless nice to get a few achievement points along the way in the old system. I’m willing to bet you – Anet – that you are going to see people walking around with even less achievement points now, over a long period of time.

If that’s what you want, then /shrug — I’m not obsessed with them anyway. But the current system is not motivating me to grab a few along the way; if I want to do X content that I don’t normally do, I will go do X content that I don’t normally do. If I don’t want to, a grand total of 10 achievement points for 10 separate objectives (apologies if the number is a little off – I’ve not memorized it all) is not going to motivate me sufficiently.

Or words to that effect.

Arietta The Broken.1875

The dailies have 4 per area PvE/PvP/WvW..

Today PvE
Fractals
4x Fields of Ruin event
Exotic Craft
Shiverpeaks Miner

WvW
Mists Guard Killer
Invasion Killer
Camp Caputurer
Tower Capture

PvP/
Thief Winner
Warrior Winner
PvP Defender
Rank Points

You can interchange them too.

I mean for a more casual pve’er its pretty easy to do..

Exotic Craft – AScended craft
Shiverpeaks Miner
Mists Guard Killer – Attack a camp
Camp or Tower Capturer

Especially since the Sneak attack bonus is on you can solo/duo towers in EGB/Borderlands pretty easily

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

All I would change about the new dailies is the specific daily win professions in pvp, and tweak it where I can either win as said profession, or kill that same profession, thus giving us another way of completing that daily for people who don’t have that specific profession to play with.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Posted by: Boomer.2834

Boomer.2834

There must have been personell changes at Anet, who was the BRAINIAC that dreamed up this new Daley Crap??? I tried you Wintersday Horsecrap and it SUCKS, I’d rather be playing Asteroids! Forcing PVP down PVE Players throats is a CROCK too, take your 50G prize and shove it, who’s gonna camp out for 8-16 hours a day to compete with the professionals, certainly not the people like myself who have supported this game as I have spent HUNDREDS here on your JEWELS! AGE=3595HOURS 848DAYS! Your screwing up GW2 just like you screwed up Aion!
Anyone tried the new WOW yet, is it still full of cheesy 8bit toons?

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

Oh yes, yes I do.. however because of the constant.. “come play PvP, we’ll give a cookie” attitude I won’t go near it, I was the same way when Jurassic Park was released in 93’ for some reason that adverting got on my nerves because it was too much too often, and guess what? still haven’t seen that movie, and I never will.

Server: Gate of Madness

Vayne.8563

Another point for ANet to consider, the effects of a zerg in a starter zone to newbies trying to level. I’ve seen one thread about how one brand new person was having the events they were trying to do stomped over by hordes of level 80s. It made leveling in that zone difficult as they didn’t have the firepower to tag mobs or the ability to get to events before they finished.

A new person won’t know that it’s just that zone and that moving to another zone might help. In addition, many people when starting out, want to do their racial “home zone” to get the lore behind their race and save the starting areas of other races for when they make a char of that race. They want to play and level, not find the way to LA, run to there, then find out where the portals to other zones are, run to there, find out where the portal to the new zone is, run to there, then finally get to play.

It’s easy for us, with knowledge of the game to say, ask about other zones or ask if this is usual but a new person who knows no one may assume the zerg is standard and may be hesitant to ask questions, particularly if there are people arguing in map chat and being toxic.

The zerg is the starter zones, in my opinion, is absolutely the most glaring fault in the new achievement system. I have no real problem with anything else, but this is terrible for low level characters and new players.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The zerg is the starter zones, in my opinion, is absolutely the most glaring fault in the new achievement system. I have no real problem with anything else, but this is terrible for low level characters and new players.

Agreed.

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

I like the new system personally. I just don’t like how specific the tasks are. I would have liked it if they were a bit broader. I liked that they used to be completable by just playing the game instead of having to go out of your way.

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Agreed.

Yeah, I agree with you but it’s not like every event is going to be rampaged by a zerg all the time, right? There are some events that very little players actually zerg on such as that trivia quest in Queensdale for Destiny’s Edge. I didn’t even know that event even existed.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!