The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

Mhm yeah, allright, you know what you are talking about, <10% crit chance

Try it with a class that actually has to work for crit to be high Oh – and – if you want that balance to be “true to a level of that player” – please use a level 6 char We were, after all, not discussing how downleveling WORKS but how someone wants it to be – i.e. no difference between a level 6 and a downleveled 80. Now go make a level 6, give him all the +crit you can get and then check your numbers again.

This is pretty funny. You’re talking about the effectiveness of your build when downleveled to 6 in a newbie zone. Does your build really even matter when you’re running around in a zone designed for people with no traits at all anyway?

Let’s use some common sense please.

Subdue.5479

Very few talk about enjoying the new dailies for themselves.

Of course they don’t. There’s nothing enjoyable about them, after all.

There wasn’t really anything enjoyable about the old dailies either.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

could do with more variety, especially for Spvp and PVE. What I mean is I would like more dailies available to us to choose from, because now we’re down to 3 PVE dailies, 4 Spvp dailies and some WvW dailies.

Why not 5 of each with a cap of 10 achievement points from them a day?

Mirta.5029

Okay, I’m in game so I can confirm the numbers.

I’m not counting
Daily Completionist
because everyone (Spvp, WvW, PVE) gets that

4PVE:
Shadow Behemoth
Daily Fractal
Maguuma Miner
Harathi Hinderlands Event Completer

4 PvP:
PvP Defender
PvP Rank Points
Engineer Winner
Guardian Winner

4WvW:
Big Spender
Keep Capturer
Camp Capturer
Master Of Ruins

and I just noticed that dailies no longer award 1 AP a daily, but rather 10 AP for daily completionist, which makes me question why the selection has been brought down to 4 for PVE, 4 for SPvP and 4 for WvW. Why not expand each category with more choice?

[EDIT: Deleted quote from deleted post]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Bernie.8674

Bernie.8674

I’m surprised that no one has pointed out the stay-ahead nature of this whole system. At some point in the future the daily and monthly pools are going to be merged, but for now anyone hitting the 10K daily cap is out of luck with repect to hitting the monthly cap. Even so, consider the new players starting out now. AP grinders of old were hitting the cap in May of 2014, less than two years after this game’s release. When you do the math, at 10 AP per day, hitting the cap requires 1500 days, or 4 years and 10 days. That’s twice the time that it took original players to cap. Heck, under this new system a diligent AP farmer would still have another year and a half left before capping! From a new player perspective this is consistent with all the other get-ahead-stay-ahead mechanics that are currently in the game: account-bound MF/GF, tripling the cost of commander tags, the new trait system, etc., etc.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Downleveling destroys builds – just in case you never noticed. Running a phalanx warrior … good luck with the lowered crit chance. And you want to lower it even more because if you run berserker in a low level zone which only has +strength you’d lose out entirely on the +crit +crit damage if we’d do downleveling your way.

And? You prefer trivialized zones? I don’t, sorry. Hell, what you mention sounds like another upside, a reason for builds to be tailored more to the content you’re facing instead of just braindead running the exact same build every time.

Perfect!

I fail to see how it’d be a downside if lvl80 “meta” PvE builds wouldn’t work in lvl15 zones, instead other builds would take the prime spot there. How is that a bad thing (in the days of free respecs, at least)?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

So, I decided to click the “save for later”/the little arrow when the daily login reward popped up. I did that thinking I could hop on my other character to claim the reward…

So can I somehow claim it after clicking the “save for later”… or do I have to wait till tomorrow’s reset? I couldnt really find a way to that pop-up screen again…

From a user’s stand point I would want the ability to claim my reward today on a character that I want, not necessarily the first one I log in on. And saving for later, meaning I could choose to claim it later when I want to (be it 5 minutes later or 1 hour later).

Anyways I probably didn’t find a way to navigate back to that pop-up.

So yesterday I couldn’t find a way to bring up the pop-up, nor today.

Today, I logged in on my alt thinking that I would get the (equipment) chest from yesterday… So I clicked on the little chest that pop’s up and brings up the menu/calendar … To my surprise I couldn’t get yesterday’s chest that I never received… Instead I was offered todays reward (the bag of coins)… which I would have preferred to have gotten on my main, so instead of clicking on the “save for later”/little arrow – which seems to NOT WORK (or I’m extremely lost on how it works) – I alt+f4, hoping that nothing gets registered (like i didnt choose to “save for later” nor accept it). I log back in on my main, nothing pops up/no chest on the side… I log back on my alt where this all started… again no pop up/no chest on the side either.

So, I believe 2 days worth of rewards have just vanished on me… or there’s some hidden elaborate way to retrieve them or open the calendar/pop-up menu.

Moral of the story:
When you log in… just taking the reward.
(Otherwise who knows what happens to it if you do anything besides accepting it).

Also, what I quoted above was opened in a question thread, hoping for answer… though I received an answer of some sort… I’m not too sure why my thread was merged with this behemoth of a thread, where I really don’t expect any discussion/explanation to what happened to the 2nd part of this tale about login rewards.

O well,
Happy new years folks.

I hope you filed a bug report. It shouldn’t have a “Save for later” button if you can’t get back to it. And when the next login comes you should definitely get it.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

I’m really happy with the new daily changes, it’s a lot more convenient this way.

Djinn.9245

Ultimately the new daily system, and complaints regarding it, are not so much, at their core, about choices or freedom but rather about rate of reward acquisition.

A player that preferred to play in zone X, to do jumping puzzle Y, kill N mobs, and so on still has the choice, the freedom if you prefer, to do so. He generally will not, however, be rewarded at the same rate as was the case before.

Every zone in the game, almost any activity in which you might prefer to engage. grants AP. A player can continue to gain rewards playing essentially however they choose, including how they chose to play before the daily changes. A player wanting to maximize AP gain will likely need to go out of their way, but such was the case before (to a greater degree).

No, when there were more open PvE choice I rarely had to go out of my way to gain the Daily AP.

Why did you say, “no,” and then agree with my point ?

I’m disagreeing with this (which was your point):

A player wanting to maximize AP gain will likely need to go out of their way, but such was the case before (to a greater degree).

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Djinn.9245

The new daily system alienates new players. I’m trying to introduce my friends to this game, and how the hell are they going to complete events in level 30-45 areas to get the dailies, when they are playing their first character, who’s level 20?

If you want to make newbies quit because they ca’t get anything done, congratulations, they are quitting and I will be going inactive again because no one wants to play with me, thanks a lot arena net.

For the 100th time, on accounts that don’t have high level characters, they get different dailies. This isn’t theory it’s fact. I’ve posted screenshots twice.

On my wife’s new account she doesn’t get dailies until she has a character at a level than can do them. When we got Claw of Jormag, she got Shadow Behemoth.

Well that explains something I’ve been confused about since I have a lower level character and was under the impression that Dailies would be changed if I switched to that character. (Too bad I haven’t seen any tutorial or hints or something.) Yet another way they have reduced choice: force me to play my level 80 to do my dailies instead of the character I want to play.

Also, this system is a terrible idea for people with newer accounts who want to play with someone that has a “level 80” account. Both people can’t do their Dailies at the same time. Not a great way to encourage vets like Havoc to bring in new players.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I hope you filed a bug report. It shouldn’t have a “Save for later” button if you can’t get back to it. And when the next login comes you should definitely get it.

yeah… i didnt even get a chest popup yesterday, thought maybe reset has changed, tried again this morning, still no popup. I will wait another 9 1/2 hours, which is roughly at the time of the reset, to see what happens, since i’m now complete confused… no exotic equipment chest, no bag of mystic coins, and not even a popup today….

wonder if anyone else has any stories about save for later or something like this happening.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Mr Snotty Pants.3980

Mr Snotty Pants.3980

There wasn’t really anything enjoyable about the old dailies either.

Which is why I keep stressing the ease of integrating old dailies with casual pve play. You did them while you did other stuff, and they provided a little randomness to make play feel less repetitive.

My main issue with the new dailies is how specific they are. When I’m forced to go out of my way to do them, they feel like busy work.

This is not unlike the complaints non-pve folks had with the old dailies…

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

The new dailies are welcomed by me.
I do however wish the Writ of Experience drops could lessen, maybe mix it up with some Karma drops in the chest instead?

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Arjuna.1356

Arjuna.1356

Was giving it a try but I observe myself and I DO play less because if old dailies I get done while generally playing new one I have to spend time on things mostly not planned by me. Often after doing dailies or extra time waiting for some event from it I just logout
Im new player have only 2k AP (so Im mostly interested in this 10AP) so when I get 2x fractals or events in zone I wasnt yet I have to go pvp and sometimes spend a lot of time running getting killed and running back again

Intel i5-3470 / Asrock Z75 / 2×4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8 /
Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB / Samsung SSD840 EVO + Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 /
Chieftec CFT-560-A12S

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The new daily system alienates new players. I’m trying to introduce my friends to this game, and how the hell are they going to complete events in level 30-45 areas to get the dailies, when they are playing their first character, who’s level 20?

If you want to make newbies quit because they ca’t get anything done, congratulations, they are quitting and I will be going inactive again because no one wants to play with me, thanks a lot arena net.

For the 100th time, on accounts that don’t have high level characters, they get different dailies. This isn’t theory it’s fact. I’ve posted screenshots twice.

On my wife’s new account she doesn’t get dailies until she has a character at a level than can do them. When we got Claw of Jormag, she got Shadow Behemoth.

then let me prove you wrong then, i logged in yesterday with a level 21 character and guess the dailies.
kesseks hills, ORR plants, a boss wurm in lvl 45+ areas and i think a vista.
great scaling there…….

Is the level 21 the highest level character on the account? Since you are reporting that you got 4 choices, I’d say not.

I think the poster is confused. It’s not the character you log in on, it’s the max level character on the account. Once you have an 80, you get dailies for 80s, no matter what character you log in on.

People who have lower level accounts, ones without 80s, DO get different dailies. It’s not an opinion it’s an absolute fact.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I do however wish the Writ of Experience drops could lessen, maybe mix it up with some Karma drops in the chest instead?

Not so fast, I like the writs to pass to my alts.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

If I could, I would dump all of mine on you.
I would do this freely, heck I’d probably toss in some bloodstone dust just to clear out the bank space.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: RasmusJ.1537

RasmusJ.1537

Decided to try the new dailies today. I only play PVE, and well not something for me.
Having to wait x minutes for some event to start, or do fractals (we only play 2 people together), not something I want to use my game time doing.

So I don’t say that this new way won’t work for some, it surely will. I just want to mention that at least for me, it means that the dailies won’t get any focus anymore, and I do hope Arenanet makes some changes to it.

When thinking about this new daily system, I do see the idea of giving some reward for just completing one task, and only getting achivement points for being really active. However being used to the old system, this is not an easy change to accept.

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

And once again we get shoved in a lvl 1 area (!!!) to do events – Metrica province – and AGAIN fractals. So Anet can say goodbye to any new player who started today and made an Asura as first character.

Really someone there should start inquiring about a job at MickyD because their basic knowledge (or lack thereof) of MMO market playerbase is definitely more adequate for that kind of job instead of working GW2.

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

And once again we get shoved in a lvl 1 area (!!!) to do events – Metrica province – and AGAIN fractals. So Anet can say goodbye to any new player who started today and made an Asura as first character.

You’re assuming a new player will be more concerned with getting events done than exploration, and hearts and vistas and such don’t count for the daily, so people aren’t farming those.

Additionally, you’re assuming that someone will be immediately turned off of the game because they see activity, when it could be more of a reason for them to stick around because they see the game is still active with lots of people running around.

You shouldn’t assume you know how every player will feel about anything.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

yeah… i didnt even get a chest popup yesterday, thought maybe reset has changed, tried again this morning, still no popup. I will wait another 9 1/2 hours, which is roughly at the time of the reset, to see what happens, since i’m now complete confused… no exotic equipment chest, no bag of mystic coins, and not even a popup today….

wonder if anyone else has any stories about save for later or something like this happening.

So, everything seems to be fine. On this reset I got a bag of luck, when I clicked to accept it, I got today’s reward (the bag of luck) and the two previous ones that I was missing.

Still, it would have been nice to be able to open up the calendar and take the reward that you chose to save for later when you wanted to.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

You’re assuming a new player will be more concerned with getting events done than exploration, and hearts and vistas and such don’t count for the daily, so people aren’t farming those.

Additionally, you’re assuming that someone will be immediately turned off of the game because they see activity, when it could be more of a reason for them to stick around because they see the game is still active with lots of people running around.

You don’t read the forums much about this, do you? There have been numerous posts EXACTLY about what I said in my post.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

If I’d change one thing about the PVE dailies, it’d be to remove fractal and make it dungeon instead.

I noticed yesterday that fractals were one of the daily choices and there was 1 person worldwide trying to form a group in LFG for a couple hours. I really hope Anet takes notice of this because only about 2% of my guildies still do them and I can confidently say that none of them enjoy fractals.

Combined with the fact that the Mawdrey item forced many players into fractals i think there’s even a resentment about the whole grind involved in doing them and it didn’t help that for quite a long time the leader could DC or quit and every other player in the group would lose hours of progress.

The whole fractal system deserves a second look.

Agreed. Tried to do one again today. Maybe the one I did yesterday was a fluke, but I soloed it. The one where you’re a char and you need to claim the city? That one. Wasn’t a walk in the park, especially the boss, but I did it.

Today? Man, it was brutal. It wasn’t that I was overwhelmed, it was the gimmicks and cheddar that killed me. Which wasn’t fun at all. I suppose I could watch some videos and read some guides to get past the gimmicks . . . but I just wasn’t into it.

Felt very much more like a chore than any kind of fun.

Besides, it was the extra daily, and the rewards were . . . meh. So, I had no problem leaving it behind. And, given my experiences with them, it’s unlikely I’ll try it again.

Just didn’t feel worth it.

Gone to Reddit.

Filaha.1678

You don’t read the forums much about this, do you? There have been numerous posts EXACTLY about what I said in my post.

I wasn’t aware that every new player has posted in these forums about this.

Oh right, they don’t.

I reiterate. You shouldn’t assume you know how every player will feel about anything.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

This is strictly my opinion which is what feed back is about, personal opinion about a product.

I do not like the new daily system here’s why:

before on many days i would get my daily without even trying to do a daily, it just happened for example I would be in the middle of the dungeon run and the I would get a daily complete notification, without even looking at the list of daily chores i could pick from I would have completed my daily rewards. this is a huge plus, why? because it’s not tedious to do it just happens through playing what ever mode i felt like playing that day, it’s fluid and really when you get a free daily like this it’s rather pleasant.

which brings me to my next reason, I now have to go out of my way to get a daily and most of the dailies seem to revolve around a specific mode of play. visiting vistas or doing events in certain maps for example, rather than just dodging X amount of times while playing in any mode. this wouldn’t be so bad except for the fact that there are simply fewer dailies to pick from. unless of course i want to play SPVP which I rarely do or WVW which I will do on occasion. Having played the game since launch I think I know which modes I prefer the most. I don’t think the game needs this much emphasis on trying out new modes, most players know what they want to do before the log in the first time and if they don’t then they will get curious and try out the available game modes. well I guess I shouldn’t speak for everyone, but typically when I purchase a game it’s because I have some expectation of how it will play and I will give all available modes a try because I did pay for the game and i want to get the most out of it. I rarely buy games on a whim, but anyway…

rather than gather 15 times where ever you feel like it now you have to gather 10 specific types of materials in one zone. I’d rather just go hit rocks 15 times in what ever map I feel like honestly. this is the same with events as well.

I also think that daily fractal runner shouldn’t be limited to 1-10, it shouldn’t actually have a fractal level limit, this would allow players who want to get their daily doing higher level fractals to do so while at the same time letting new players get the same reward for doing a level 1 fractal. again this makes dailies less intrusive and allows the players to play how they want rather than task themselves with go to X and complete Y.

the new dailies have less options and are more specific about what you need to do VS having to do a little more work (one more event or 5 more gathers) but having the freedom or flexibility to choose where you want to work on your daily at.

because of this, dailies in my opinion, are now more of a chore than ever.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Ultimately the new daily system, and complaints regarding it, are not so much, at their core, about choices or freedom but rather about rate of reward acquisition.

A player that preferred to play in zone X, to do jumping puzzle Y, kill N mobs, and so on still has the choice, the freedom if you prefer, to do so. He generally will not, however, be rewarded at the same rate as was the case before.

Every zone in the game, almost any activity in which you might prefer to engage. grants AP. A player can continue to gain rewards playing essentially however they choose, including how they chose to play before the daily changes. A player wanting to maximize AP gain will likely need to go out of their way, but such was the case before (to a greater degree).

No, when there were more open PvE choice I rarely had to go out of my way to gain the Daily AP.

A player wanting to maximize AP gain will likely need to go out of their way, but such was the case before (to a greater degree).

“Maximize AP gain.”

This means getting the maximum possible amount of AP from the system. Are you saying that you got every last possible AP out of the old daily system, including the PvP options, without going out of your way?

Could you even get 10 AP out of the system, which would not even be maximizing your AP gain, without going out of your way?

How did you get player kills (which would be required as part of “maximizing AP gain,” while playing in PvE?

Posted by: Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

The new dailies are very restrictive. They are based on whether or not you have an 80, a character who has explored a certain area, or if you’re into PvP/WvWvW. Dailies used to (and should) reflect what your current character played is capable of doing IMMEDIATELY.

Please revert back to the old system and stop changing things that already work fine. Also, don’t increase rewards for a ridiculous, revamped, system as an excuse to implement a skinner box. I pay for gems, as do many others. Take your money and make the game better, not more time-sinky.

GS Berzerker Builds: Making Wammo style Warriors cry since 2012.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

If I could, I would dump all of mine on you.
I would do this freely, heck I’d probably toss in some bloodstone dust just to clear out the bank space.

I wish I could take the writs off your hands, the dust you can keep! heh

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

After giving the new dailies another few days to settle, I now have a more accurate position.

I do like the login rewards, I do like the fact that they take away the need to complete dailies for mystic coins and laurels. So this is a win.

I honestly dislike two kinds of dailies: zone-bound events (and harvesting btw) and class-bound PvP. I think these should go away.

I miss however daily dodge, daily rezz, daily condition breaker… all those things that come naturally while you are playing and that tought players a thing or two in the game. Additionnally I think that the WvW-centric rewards for the more complex WvW-dailies should be upped.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I find I miss the loss of options.

The old dailies, sometimes I would treat them as a to do list and sometimes I would go to an area and simply play and complete them while playing (dodge, rez, harvest, condition apply, cleanse). Now they are done as a list only. Something to get done before I can enjoy playing.

I don’t even want to stay in a map after I’ve done my events because others are trying to get their events done. Each event is over crowded with people trying to do enough to get credit and I don’t want to be part of the problem. I do enough to get credit then leave so others can get credit. For the first time that I can remember, I’m not glad to see others and I feel they aren’t glad to see me.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

It’s pretty clear the biggest thing people take issue with is the lack of choice. Having tasks assigned to you, rather than being able to pick and chose what you wish to do

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s pretty clear the biggest thing people take issue with is the lack of choice. Having tasks assigned to you, rather than being able to pick and chose what you wish to do

. . . which was what happened with the old ones too.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Mirta.5029

there was a bit more choice though. WvW was separate from PVE and for both you had to complete 5 out of 10 I think, which is better that having to complete 3 out of 4 (4 per PVE, Spvp, WvW). I do appreciate the reward chests for each one and it only taking like 10 minutes to finish the dailies now though, but still, more choice would be welcome.

Subdue.5479

there was a bit more choice though. WvW was separate from PVE and for both you had to complete 5 out of 10 I think, which is better that having to complete 3 out of 4 (4 per PVE, Spvp, WvW). I do appreciate the reward chests for each one and it only taking like 10 minutes to finish the dailies now though, but still, more choice would be welcome.

An individual’s personal preferences for one game mode or another does not mean A.Net has limited their choices to 3/4. It’s still 3/12.

Mirta.5029

An individual’s personal preferences for one game mode or another does not mean A.Net has limited their choices to 3/4. It’s still 3/12.

taking that into account and Spvp, PVE and WvW being separate before meant that the choice was 5/30.

So 1 in 6.
now it’s 1 in 4.

and yes, I do believe that people shouldn’t be forced into game modes that they don’t like, therefore more daily variety for Spvp, WvW and PVE would be welcome.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I just wish the hearts of the map would also count as event. The rest seems just fine, even the world bosses wich I just skip.

Posted by: Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

I’m pretty sure ANet isn’t going to break any molds on this one, though. Usually when a developer makes changes to a game, it’s very rare they’ll go back to an old system that worked better and say “sorry, we goofed up”. Usually they’ll stick with the new system and try to fix it until the point it’s a horrible, confusing mess.

GS Berzerker Builds: Making Wammo style Warriors cry since 2012.

Posted by: drolma.6047

drolma.6047

I am NOT in favor of the new dailies.

I enjoy doing what I like to do in GW, not what I am expected to do. IMO, dailies are a way to get players to log in and achieve something through how the individual player likes to play the game. Before, I could get my dailies in a dungeon, the story, or the open world without really thinking about the dailies – just through playing the game. Now it feels like the typical “get ten of those, get three of these” quests. It provides me with an adverse and negative reaction to dailies and makes me not care about the game in general.

The go to certain area dailies: I really don’t like having to go to a certain area to achieve a particular daily – this also makes a certain daily inaccessible for new players/characters.

Go to certain area events: It means I have to have map chat open to wait for called out events in an area, get the four events, then leave. It feels contrived and pointless. And I typically like to keep map chat off because well… it’s map chat.

Fractal daily: I am quite aware of fractals – I will get to them in my own time and on a day I prefer. I don’t need a daily to help me “stretch my wings.” I did fractals when they were first introduced, I have not cared to do them again yet.

I don’t like to play PvE or WvW, so while it may be my self-imposed limitation, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, as the poster above pointed out, not all people have limitations which are self-imposed. The dailies should be inclusive.

While they dailies may be optional, they should be used as a tool to get the most number of players into the game each day (more players playing = more gem store cash flow). Right now, I log in to get my bonus then play Dragon Age. This is a direct result of the new dailies. Before, I would have logged in to get my dailies, then through playing, talk to my guildies thus building community and creating reasons to stay and continue play and developing goals outside of the dailies. Now, I don’t care enough to play the dailies to get to those other goals.

“Wise people talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” -
Plato. Pity the Fool [FOOL] ~ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I’m pretty sure ANet isn’t going to break any molds on this one, though. Usually when a developer makes changes to a game, it’s very rare they’ll go back to an old system that worked better and say “sorry, we goofed up”. Usually they’ll stick with the new system and try to fix it until the point it’s a horrible, confusing mess.

To be fair they did it somewhat with the Currency exchange.
Not going back to the exact same as before, but went back to a hybrid.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Today? Man, it was brutal. It wasn’t that I was overwhelmed, it was the gimmicks and cheddar that killed me. Which wasn’t fun at all. I suppose I could watch some videos and read some guides to get past the gimmicks . . . but I just wasn’t into it.

What gimmicks? I’m fractal level 50, do fractals nearly every day and have yet to ever feel this way.

And they’re not supposed to be soloed. People only do that for personal challenges.

Djinn.9245

What I know is that new players see the talk about events in chat and get all excited that something is happening and want to join in. They say “omw” or “wait for me” but they have to run there because they have no WP yet. So by the time they get there the event is long-done. Then they get really frustrated if they do that more than once. How do I know? I see it in chat.

Do all new players do this? Obviously I can’t say that. But it does happen and I have seen at least one say they were quitting. And that’s just my limited experience spending 10 min in the zone.

Other new players are frustrated that a bunch of people are running around doing things which the new people don’t know about. And others are frustrated that areas of the map are being pinged that aren’t revealed yet for them so they don’t know how to get there. (Again from chat.)

I’m certain that there are new players who just go about their business, but I also know it is affecting some new players negatively.

Djinn.9245

“Maximize AP gain.”

This means getting the maximum possible amount of AP from the system. Are you saying that you got every last possible AP out of the old daily system, including the PvP options, without going out of your way?

Could you even get 10 AP out of the system, which would not even be maximizing your AP gain, without going out of your way?

How did you get player kills (which would be required as part of “maximizing AP gain,” while playing in PvE?

“Maximize” also means “making the best use of”. I try to get the most AP I can while not grinding and still having fun (to me). So I don’t try to get every single AP no matter what, but I do try to get the most AP while still having fun playing the game. In that light, the new Dailies have caused me to not get as many AP as I used to because sometimes the choices are not something I’m going to go out of my way for. So sometimes I don’t get the Daily reward at all (-10AP) vs the old system where even if I didn’t get the Daily reward I still got 2 AP for completing what I wanted.

Djinn.9245

We completely understand that personal preference (choice) doesn’t matter to you. It does matter to those who are writing about it. You don’t need to continually discount our feelings. We are expressing our opinion (feedback) to Anet. They are big boys and girls and can decide if our opinions are worth anything.

Perhaps you should simply write your own feedback about the Dailies (instead of your feedback on others opinions).

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

I like the new dailies. They add diversity in the way they’re completed and through the rewards gained.

The only thing I’d recommend is buffing the zone events. Mobs die too fast, even the champs. By the time an event is called out map chat, it’s almost done.

Filaha.1678

taking that into account and Spvp, PVE and WvW being separate before meant that the choice was 5/30.

So 1 in 6.
now it’s 1 in 4.

Where did 30 come from? There weren’t 30 dailies under the previous system. There were 12. Several were impossible to do in PvP and either impossible or very inconvenient in WvW. And you had to do 5/12 to get 5 AP and generic rewards. To get the same AP as you get now, you had to do 10/12. So for equal AP rewards, you have to do 3/12 instead of 10/12.

What I know is that new players see the talk about events in chat and get all excited that something is happening and want to join in. They say “omw” or “wait for me” but they have to run there because they have no WP yet. So by the time they get there the event is long-done. Then they get really frustrated if they do that more than once. How do I know? I see it in chat.

Do all new players do this? Obviously I can’t say that. But it does happen and I have seen at least one say they were quitting. And that’s just my limited experience spending 10 min in the zone.

And previous to this, I’ve seen people complain in chat about how dead the zones are because they barely see anybody. I’ve also seen people say they’re going to quit because the truthful response at the time was that pretty much only a few zones are ever full of people, and that’s generally the ones that are currently optimal for grinding.

I’m certain that there are new players who just go about their business, but I also know it is affecting some new players negatively.

And I know that previous to the changes, dead zones also affected some new players negatively.

What Anet has to concern themselves with is not “Is this going to risk inconveniencing some people?” because the answer will always be yes, no matter what they do. The question is “Which will make us lose less people?”

And that’s not a question you can answer for them.

Other new players are frustrated that a bunch of people are running around doing things which the new people don’t know about. And others are frustrated that areas of the map are being pinged that aren’t revealed yet for them so they don’t know how to get there. (Again from chat.)

If people are honestly getting upset because people who have been playing the game longer are doing things they haven’t and are going places they haven’t been, they weren’t going to last long in the game as it is.

We completely understand that personal preference (choice) doesn’t matter to you.

Personal preference doesn’t matter to objectivity. There are objectively 12 choices. Choosing to ignore those choices does not mean they’re not there, it just means you’re choosing to limit yourself. I refuse to do PvP, yet I won’t argue that the choice is not there to do it to get dungeon skins.

Djinn.9245

And previous to this, I’ve seen people complain in chat about how dead the zones are because they barely see anybody. I’ve also seen people say they’re going to quit because the truthful response at the time was that pretty much only a few zones are ever full of people, and that’s generally the ones that are currently optimal for grinding.

And I know that previous to the changes, dead zones also affected some new players negatively.

Except that it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. They could give a choice of zones which would spread people out more. Currently the starting zones that don’t have the daily have the same population they had before anyway. So only players who happen to be in the zone with the daily are seeing any increase in population and only on that day. But the increase is too large. A choice would spread the population out more.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Up front disclaimer: I am a PvE-only customer who has no interest or willingness to PvP or WvW or run Fractals. So after giving the new daily system a couple of weeks play testing I have the following feedback and comments for ANet regarding the system:

1) On a positive note the dailies are being done much quicker and I suppose more reward (10 AP instead of the 6-8 I used to get) for less effort is a good thing. The chests with the exp scrolls and karma bottles are also appreciated.

2) On the negative side the dailies are being done much quicker because they are often too easy (“View a Vista in X” – I get casual gaming but that just seems silly) or because everyone is on the same map calling out events and zerging them into oblivion.

3) The choice within each community/mode (PvE, WvW, PvP) is unnecessarily restrictive – that is completing 3 of 4 four within a given category seems unnecessarily restrictive and I believe that your customers should be able to complete their dailies within their preferred community(ies)/mode(s). Simply adding one additional option in each community would increase he unique sets of daily options by 6 within each of those communities/modes (5/4/3, 5/4/2, 5/4/1, 5/3/2, 5/3/1 and 5/2/1). That one change would probably significantly lessen the lack of choice criticism of the system. The double fractal day was the first time in many many months that I did not finish the dailies. Given that I’ve been getting 10 AP instead of 6-8 per day it was no loss. However, I did think it was an obnoxious thing to do on your part; and again having the option to chose 3 of 5 choices within a mode would probably have allowed me to finish that daily. MESSAGE I WOULD LIKE TO GET THROUGH TO ANET: If your intent is to push your customers into other modes than their mode(s) of choice then in my case your attempt is an abject failure and will continue to be an abject failure.

4) The PvE dailies are overly specific regarding where they have to be done. I would recommend stopping at the regional level (Ascalon, Kryta, Maguma and Orr) and not require the general events daily be done in a specific map. I think I understand why you chose to specify a map but requiring a specific map sharply limits the synergy of the dailies with goals your customers may have in trying to level up alts or complete maps, etc. I say “I think” because frankly your communication policy stinks so bad that your customers often have no real idea why a change was made and have to interpolate the "why’ based on the impact on their gaming experience.

5) The variety of the dailies seems to have been reduced for PvE but increased substantially for WvW and PvP. That does not seem to be a necessary trade off. It seems like part of the larger ploy to push customers into different modes than their mode(s) of choice. The clearest example of this is that I can think of is that the “Personal Story” daily option seems to have completely disappeared. Both my wife and I would complete this daily for characters with incomplete Personal Stories. We could still do that but after the third or fourth time through the PS is just not as engaging (especially after a certain point at which the PS becomes very uniform from character to character) – which made the Personal Story daily a nice impetus to do that and add some variety to the dailies.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Simply adding one additional option in each community would increase the unique sets of daily options…

I like that idea. Of course, adding options to PvP might be problematic. They had to reach to add enough options to PvP as it was ("WIn As … "). Now, if they had more PvP game modes, more options might present themselves (e.g., Daily Jack of all Modes: Win one match each in Conquest and King of the Hill).

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

We had 30 dailies before?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Maxakari.5298

Maxakari.5298

I personally never did PvP, but I started a little before the update where they restructured how menu’s and such were, and I like the pvp dailies personally! they are easier than all the others, for example

PvP point defending daily all you have to do is defend ONE point from an attack, have friends come help you, go to a point, capture it and defend it once, done

PvP (whichever class) Winner dailies this one is kinda restrictive if you don’t have the class, but if you have free character slots, make one just for the pvp and delete it after, in pvp level doesn’t matter, and theres 4 pvp dailies anyways volunteering to balance gives you these rewards!

PvP player kill kill 3 enemy players, not sure if pvp mobs count, but try it! and if no have friends (or ask your group) to all go together to a point to take with enemies and try and win.

PvP Rank point daily this one is easy. find a group thats good and join if you aren’t, or join a match on the group already winning. or do an unranked match and get them even if you lose.