The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Yeah, but here’s the thing… the owner would still hear it. And he’s the one who bought it. If the rest of us really want to hear it then we can buy one ourselves. Some people though don’t WANT to hear it.

And I WANT others to hear it. Its part of the fun of this item.

As previously stated…

" Not everyone that buys this thing is a griefer, but just by reading some of the above comments, this can be (and is) used as a griefing tool."

You cant grief with this.

Okay.

So I am highly amused by people complaining about it. Makes the 500 gems well spent.

So you are highly amused at people that are annoyed by something you spent 500 gems on? Sounds like you enjoy griefingannoying people quite a bit.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Such objects should have a slider of their own.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I love the backpack but I understand others who want it in the slider.

I don’t agree with those who are overreacting though as if it is this horrible tool of torture.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

i want this to be added to the player instrument .. is annoying and some players purposely harass other with this … i mean just say in game that you don’t like this backpack and you become a magnet to everyone with this backback .. they all stand by you and try do stuff to make the Annoy-o-Tron talk to annoy you

lol “Boing”

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

Someone was continuously jumping a the bank in LA so yep, I do feel as though the sound should just be made for the owners client only. It is pretty irritating now. I thought it was pretty comical at first but the novelty wore off. A way of muting it should be brought in.

If they do that I’m getting my money back. You should thank us for supporting a game you play for free.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You should thank us for supporting a game you play for free.

He spends more than twice as much on the game as you do.

See its really easy to make stuff up.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Someone was continuously jumping a the bank in LA so yep, I do feel as though the sound should just be made for the owners client only. It is pretty irritating now. I thought it was pretty comical at first but the novelty wore off. A way of muting it should be brought in.

If they do that I’m getting my money back. You should thank us for supporting a game you play for free.

I’m sorry, but you spending money doesn’t entitle you to ruin the experience of others, and them being able to not hear your godkitten annoying backpack does NOT reduce your experience nor warrant a refund.

You know what the obvious difference is that these (quite frankly stupid) arguments are overlooking? One is an annoyance, not only because of its frequency, but also because it is an immersion breaker (the golem). The regular character dialogues are simply overused – not immersion breaking and not intentionally annoying.

(edited by Moderator)

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Definitely annoying, but not over the top annoying. Purposefully getting it to annoy people I don’t agree with.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

i want this to be added to the player instrument .. is annoying and some players purposely harass other with this … i mean just say in game that you don’t like this backpack and you become a magnet to everyone with this backback .. they all stand by you and try do stuff to make the Annoy-o-Tron talk to annoy you

It has a 30s cooldown between talking. It’d be really hard to deliberately harass someone with it.

Also, if anything about it… I’d like to remove the sound effects for simply jumping (or put a longer delay on them) because as it is, it feels like jumping voiceovers get the lion’s share, and it feels like kind of a waste of the 30s cooldown to just hear “boing!”.

The other voiceovers are more amusing. I like it because your copper fed salvage kit is the same voice.. so.. you can RP it that your “backpack” is actually your Salvage-o-tron golem.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

(edited by Devildoc.6721)

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I would like an option to disable the voice and pop up text box. Both are annoying and distracting.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Making JOT affected by the instrument volume slider is one solution.

Another solution would be simply to make it so that the lines JOT says is broadcast only to the player wearing the backpack. (This already happens for certain lines. For example, the line a player sometimes says when finding a Rare item is not broadcast to anyone except the player himself.)

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Kinomi.6523

Kinomi.6523

I like this Job-O-Tron. I want my 500 gems refunded if it gets nerfed

Ummm… *scratches head… “nerfed”?

Exactly, nerfed of its ability to annoy others!

I hope you’ll get your 500 gems back then, Malediktus ^^ So we can enjoy the game again

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Its not an instrument. You cant play silly melodies with it. It only says one sentence every 30 seconds. Deal with it.

Well when playing wvw for 4 hours at an end its about 480 times…

Those few lines will be deeply imprinted by then…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I’ve reserved judgement on this until now. I have given it a week-ish and I personally have found I don’t mind it at all. Might even pick one up myself for sheer fact I love the little sayings.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

People say it’s the same as the other character sayings, but it’s not. One, my character’s words are never on screen. And two, the backpack seems louder than my character (and other NPCs).

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I love the backpack but I understand others who want it in the slider.

I don’t agree with those who are overreacting though as if it is this horrible tool of torture.

This.

Hearing “SaVe YOUrSElvES!” all the time is more annoying than this thing.
If you want to cram it into a slider, it should go into dialogue. If you can handle anything there, you can handle this.

If replica job o tron is wiping your train you may have to consider reevaluating your focus.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

What an amazing WvW battle we just had!!

We were outnumbered and losing ground, friends falling like flies, but after an INTENSE 30 minutes of coordinated fighting we stood our ground and resisted the onslaught that was coming at us! Our commander is a bawss!! We rounded them and together with 2 other amazing commanders we rushed the keep in 3 different directions – the best fight I have ever seen!!!

WE ARE GODS!!!

Here is proof:

Attachments:

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Just to note, the job-o-tron only comments on grawl impressions if the person wearing it is doing a lot of jumping.

Jumping =/= actively contributing to the fight. Job-o-tron tells people around you how poorly well you’re doing.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Okay… I just heard this in-game for the first time, and I really hope it’s the last time. Soooooo annoying! I can’t imagine being continuously subjected to it. It would be torturous. I had to get away from the player.

Don’t get me wrong… I would dearly love to play in far less populous zones. So if I can get one of these that I can’t hear, but forces other players to run away from me in annoyance, then I’ll buy one for each of my characters.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I like it .

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

The robot sucks , and is stupid to compare it with combat dialogue like " I could outrun a centaur " because in the game doesnt repeat dialogue like the robot , if the human talked first in the next swiftness another race will talk and if not any races besides human it will just not talk.

Robot: He have a personal pool of his phrases , he speak in like 30 secs per phrase ok . Aleardy annoying. Then we have a group with two robots , double speaking the same things. So we could hear “Boing!”…2 secs “Boing!” from the other…, he doesnt care if one already said the same phrase he will say “Boing!” anyways , that is just annoying and why you cant compare it with characters dialogue

I have never heard a double “i could outrun a centaur” , maybe “For great Justice” but that happens on battles , if you care that more than the battle , why are you even there.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I don’t have one myself, but I think it’s cute.

I think, though, it should be cute only when I want to hear it. I think it should be included in the ‘Player Instrument Volume’ option if it’s possible as I don’t want to hear it all the time.

I do think the item is a nice thing for players to have though.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I would just like to point out that in WvW this thing can get your entire group killed. Its chat bubbles are visible while veiled/invis/stealthed and the other servers can hear it as well. We’ve since banned its usage in our guild while in WvW and tell anyone following us that has one to unequip it. I’m not sure if hiding it works, but I don’t think so.

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Phil.3970

Phil.3970

Perhaps there could be a volume slider for noises made by other players. That would stop things like “For Great Justice”, and the Job-o-Tron.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I just bought it and me and my friends have a good laugh. If it get’s nerfed I want my money back. Like the guy above me said " For great justice" or the human female “Retreat” isn’t very convenient. Job-o-tron at least has nice jokes.

“Ground rubbing complete” for teh win!

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: AngryCat.4825

AngryCat.4825

One is an annoyance, not only because of its frequency, but also because it is an immersion breaker (the golem). The regular character dialogues are simply overused – not immersion breaking and not intentionally annoying.

Verily, a stereotypical golem voice on a piece of equipment that clearly involves Asuran technology is immersion breaking.

Annoying? Certainly. Along with cries about Grape Justice, Grenth’s Spicy Embrace, and Summoning the Wins.

But immersion breaking, it is not.

Koia
Fort Aspenwood
“Oil down.” “Mortar down.” “Stupid arrow cart.”

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Characters of every race keep saying repetitive dialogues in the game………Stop fussing over small things…..Learn to focus. Anyway the novelty will wear off soon and few people will use it

No just no.
First; Ho Ho tron have this kind of annoying disonnant voice when he talk making him very easily pickable among other thing. This voice is fun from time to time but to have constantly is just annoying

Second; THESE kitten BUBBLES each times it speaks, no NPC or player character have this function & this just add over the first point.

If you enjoy it fine but I don’t want this annoyance.
Set an option to disable it on client side.
Players enjoying it shouldn’t be able to annoy people that doesn’t like it just like instrument.

Definitely annoying, but not over the top annoying. Purposefully getting it to annoy people I don’t agree with.

When someone think of acquiring an item to annoy people, there is something seriously wrong with this item.

(edited by papry.8096)

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I definitely agree that players should have a way to turn off Annoy-o-Tron’s dialogue, but I don’t agree that it should go under the regular dialogue or instrument sliders. There should be a checkbox that disables sound for backpacks and mini pets. I like the Evon Gnashblade mini, but put him away after a couple of hours of random “I was the chosen one!” outbursts.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Phil.3970

Phil.3970

I definitely agree that players should have a way to turn off Annoy-o-Tron’s dialogue, but I don’t agree that it should go under the regular dialogue or instrument sliders. There should be a checkbox that disables sound for backpacks and mini pets. I like the Evon Gnashblade mini, but put him away after a couple of hours of random “I was the chosen one!” outbursts.

Agreed.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Zaxares.5419

The extremely loud grunting of the Toxic Hybrid is also annoying after a while.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

I personally love hearing it. Maybe that’s just me

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Ark Bladesteele.2943

The slight difference here is that enemy players cannot hear shouts or VO from anyone on your side. Slight, yes. On the other hand, the enemy can hear everything the Annoy-o-Tron says, and can see its chat bubbles, even if they have text bubbles disabled in settings. I managed to kill a thief wearing the Annoy-o-Tron earlier tonight because he would stealth and I’d see its dumb chat bubbles, then knew exactly where he was.

Hence why the usage of the back skin has been banned from our guild and why we tell people who follow our tags to unequip it. Nothing like losing half your veiled group because one person had it on and watching the enemy divert completely towards its chat bubble.

So, Annoy-o-Tron? Suicide-o-Tron? Grief-o-Tron? KillYourEntireGroup-o-Tron? So much to choose from.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

Just to note, the job-o-tron only comments on grawl impressions if the person wearing it is doing a lot of jumping.

Jumping =/= actively contributing to the fight. Job-o-tron tells people around you how poorly well you’re doing.

You don’t have to jump a lot, so much as just every time you jump there’s a chance for him to say it. There are also other parts of the game than fighting, such as JUMPING Puzzles and Vistas that require a lot of jumping to get to.

Hearing how grawl-like I am eight or nine times an hour…yeahhhh…no.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

The slight difference here is that enemy players cannot hear shouts or VO from anyone on your side. Slight, yes. On the other hand, the enemy can hear everything the Annoy-o-Tron says, and can see its chat bubbles, even if they have text bubbles disabled in settings. I managed to kill a thief wearing the Annoy-o-Tron earlier tonight because he would stealth and I’d see its dumb chat bubbles, then knew exactly where he was.

Hence why the usage of the back skin has been banned from our guild and why we tell people who follow our tags to unequip it. Nothing like losing half your veiled group because one person had it on and watching the enemy divert completely towards its chat bubble.

So, Annoy-o-Tron? Suicide-o-Tron? Grief-o-Tron? KillYourEntireGroup-o-Tron? So much to choose from.

Just earlier today I was wondering if there was enough of an oversight to make it so that enemies could see/hear it to ruin people sneaking. Thanks for confirming.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

After reading the last few posts, it makes me wonder what level of testing or QA an item such as that goes through in general. Seems like someone would’ve thought of this scenario. I LOL’d at killing the thief with the A-O-T chat bubble!

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

For Great Justice!
Retreat!
Hold the Line!
Sic ‘em!
Stand your ground!
Save yourselves!
Shake it off!
Retreat!
Hold the line!
On my mark!
I’m as fast as the wind!
I could outrun a Centaur!
Eat my Dust!
Accelerate!
I feel 6 feet tall!
I feel.. strong!
Might makes me right!
Time to do some REAL damage!
Go ahead, hit me!
Feedback loop initiated.
Pain for Pain!
This rose has thorns!

So tell me, how is the backpack any different than the above?

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Zaxares.5419

Hmm, are you absolutely sure about that? I’m not certain about skills like shouts being able to be heard by the enemy team, but I know for a fact that I’ve sometimes heard the random voice barks given off by an enemy jumping or activating a skill and that cued me in to the fact that an attack was coming.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Hmm, are you absolutely sure about that? I’m not certain about skills like shouts being able to be heard by the enemy team, but I know for a fact that I’ve sometimes heard the random voice barks given off by an enemy jumping or activating a skill and that cued me in to the fact that an attack was coming.

There are a few things that do get heard by the enemy, but they are entirely confined to what I would consider “grunts.” I’ve heard asura eles make the loud sound when switching attunements, but never anything like “Air!” or “The power of water!” aside from my own fellow players. There is also no chat bubble associated with it. Shouts and other VO are completely hidden from enemy servers. A shout War or Guard can do them all day without even the effect showing. This is different.

edit: just a small sample, when I duel Warriors I don’t hear anything at all from them when they activate Sigil of Rage. I see the effect and animation, but the VO is completely silent. I know this from many, many, duels. If a thief used a swiftness skill or anything else that would cause the character to be noticed, it would break their ability to hide. I have never heard anything from a stealthed thief that would lead me to their position. The closest I’ve gotten is thieves that keep their minis active in WvW, but that’s just dumb. I was whispered by a thief on a rival server about a month ago asking how I knew where he was. Not so nicely. I was accused of wrongdoing. I told him I just followed his mini. He said “oh kitten , I forgot to hide it. Sorry!”

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

For Great Justice!
Retreat!
Hold the Line!
Sic ‘em!
Stand your ground!
Save yourselves!
Shake it off!
Retreat!
Hold the line!
On my mark!
I’m as fast as the wind!
Eat my Dust!
Accelerate!
I feel 6 feet tall!
I feel.. strong!
Might makes me right!
Go ahead, hit me!
Feedback loop initiated.
Pain for Pain!
This rose has thorns!

I could not have said this any better myself. The Job-O-Tron is no different than this, and is at least a lot more comical.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

All the dialogue spam is bad enough as it is, we didn’t really need MORE noise pollution.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

i want mine to spam dialogues in pvp too.
like when you finish someone it should say. REKT

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Initially, I planned to buy this.

However, then I ended up with another player using this throughout a fractal. By the time we were done, I’ve come to the conclusion that I won’t be buying this after all and that I would very much love to see an option to turn it off.

Annoys me ever since.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Your—grawl—impression—is—really—coming—along.

This. He says this WAY too often relative to his other lines. I’d be happy if the only change they made was to nerf the hell out of(or remove entirely…) this one freaking line.

He says all the jumping lines too much imo. My own fault for jumping constantly even when it isn’t necessary I suppose.

I noticed that he says things while gathering because I saw him saying it to another player. Have yet to have a single gathering line on any of my own characters, probably due to the jumping issue. Lol.

I’ll keep him anyway, because him asking for money when I res someone still makes me giggle every time.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I play with sounds off probably 90% of the time. The only thing that bothers me is that I opt to have speech bubbles off, and this thing gets past my settings. Obviously they need to fix the fact that enemies in wvw can see and hear this backpack through stealth.

A question, though. Some of you with the backpack state that you want a refund if other players are able to turn off its sound and speech bubbles. Why is it so important for you to have others hear and see it? You bought it because you liked it. Others do not like it. I think it’s fair to have an option to mute this item. I don’t see people with instruments complaining that other players are able to mute their songs, and I don’t see why this item should be forced upon players who dislike it.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Haven’t read the whole thread, but why not have a checkbox to allow the sound from backpack from other player that way if you enjoy it you can hear it and if not then it doesn’t hurt those that have it/want to hear it.

And if this solution ‘ruins’ the backpack for you then something tells me that there are greater problems going on here.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

As this post perfectly resume everything wrong with Annoy-ho-tron backpack:

Add something in options to disable the voice over. Just because you paid 500 gems for it, does not mean i should have to listen to it if i don’t want to. This is past annoying now.

smh
I really don’t understand this. A game with lots of annoying sounds and you target one that annoys you because people paid money for it? I’m sure you are OK with Birthday blaster though. I’m calling shenanigans…

The difference between this backpack and the regular noises a character makes is this:

1- When jumping or getting a status effect the player character either doesn’t make noises or does so at a much lower volume than the backpack.

2- The volume of the backpack is much louder than weapon skills, player character sayings and other ambient sounds.

3- The fact that the sayings from the backpack have speech bubbles makes this item not only AUDIBLY intrusive but also VISUALLY intrusive.

4- I do not need to hear when another player:

• On kill
    “Commencing—search—for—loose—change.”
    “Congratulations. You—killed—something.”
    “I—will—notify—the—next—of—kin.”
    “Kill—count—plus—one.”
    “Threat—exterminated.”
  • On weapon swap
    “Always—keep—the—enemy—guessing.”
    “Where—were—you—hiding—that?”
  • Knocked down
    “Error: Positional—orientation—is—horizontal. Recommend—vertical.”
  • Jumping and leap
    “Boing.”
    “You—jumped”.
    “Your—grawl—impression—is—really—coming—along.”
  • Dodge
    “Begin—evasive—maneuvers.”
    “Whee!”
  • Falling damage
    “Gravity—test: complete.
    Gravity: confirmed.”
    “I—expected—a—larger—impact—crater.”
    “Score—update: gravity—1, you—0.”
    “Thank—you—for—breaking—my—fall.”
  • Low health and low health while downed.
    “Further—damage—to—user—could—be—catastrophic.”
    “Termination—imminent.”
  • Rally
    “Commence—second—wind—protocol.”
  • Reviving allies
    “Gratitude—leads—to—gratuities.”
    “Ground-rubbing—complete.”
    “It—was—all—me.”
    “No—thanks—necessary. Some—coins—would—be—nice, though..”
    “Replica—Job-o-Tron—to—the—rescue”.
    “Welcome—back—to—life.”
  • When fearing enemies
    “Run, coward”
    “Be—afraid”

The rest for the conditions a player takes…okay that’s fine because our characters DO say audible things for that. But I do not need to hear when a character changes weapons, jumps, kills something, revives someone, etc. Those sayings should only be audible to the character wearing the backpack.

Edited for formatting and to add this…I used to love Job-o-Tron. This backpack has made me hate him.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Filaha.1678

Because the backpack has a text bubble as well and is triggered by far more things that don’t need more call-outs, like jumping, in addition to the apparent visibility from opponents in, for example, WvW that you may be trying to sneak around.

That being said, people already find the verbal spam of the call-outs to be annoying, so I don’t know why people consider it to be a decent argument against the people that are anti-backpack that there are other annoying things. It’s like… okay, there are annoying things in the game. Adding more annoying things on top of those annoying things isn’t made okay just because there’s already annoying things.

I mean, congratulations, you made a list of things that also get verbally spammed. Here’s my counter-question: So? How does it make the backpack any less annoying or less worthy of a retooling?

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I will restate this: I like the back pack… However I play with the game muted in general. It works for me, if you find any of the sounds in game annoying I strongly encourage you to mute as well… As clearly stated we have some annoying sounds in game (instruments, voice call outs, Halloween music box, Trahearne)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Filaha.1678

I will restate this: I like the back pack… However I play with the game muted in general. It works for me, if you find any of the sounds in game annoying I strongly encourage you to mute as well… As clearly stated we have some annoying sounds in game (instruments, voice call outs, Halloween music box, Trahearne)

You’re right. There are annoying sounds, like instruments. That’s why there’s an instrument volume control so you don’t have to hear them. That’s exactly what people want. Control over whether or not they hear that. They shouldn’t have to pick between annoying sound and no sounds.

The Replica Annoy-o-Tron

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

For Great Justice!
Retreat!
Hold the Line!
Sic ‘em!
Stand your ground!
Save yourselves!
Shake it off!
Retreat!
Hold the line!
On my mark!
I’m as fast as the wind!
Eat my Dust!
Accelerate!
I feel 6 feet tall!
I feel.. strong!
Might makes me right!
Go ahead, hit me!
Feedback loop initiated.
Pain for Pain!
This rose has thorns!

This doesn’t happen when you jump, fall, kill something, or switch weapons in addition to chat bubbles. Not to mention the auto tone voice that seems to be louder than other dialog that some of us find very annoying….. Thats whats different.

When a zerg in wvw or eotm have this its all you hear. At-least make this a player generated sound we can turn off. I don’t want to have to turn off all dialog because it can be a indicator of an enemy being nearby. Especially when you are trying to find a downed thief and you hear a “help me please!”.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)