The new Tequatl O____O

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

SNIP

Live stream is up on the twitch channel here:

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/454437568

Thank you very much. Wow 5 odd hours…. kitten my girlfriend is not going to like this.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

SNIP

Live stream is up on the twitch channel here:

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/454437568

Thank you very much. Wow 5 odd hours…. kitten my girlfriend is not going to like this.

You can fast forward…Teq revamp reveal is around the 44-45 min mark.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The dragon events are supposed to be large-scale fights, they won’t (and shouldn’t) scale down to small groups.

What Dragon Events are supposed to be is FUN. They have pretty much the entire Malchior’s Leap zone as a giant steaming testament to the massively UNFUN nature of designing content that has a minimum population to function when the population moves on.

So basically making it a ground for people to abuse others because they turn up and increase the difficulty of the event?

Id rather risk the danger of the occasional bored griefer than have the game itself designed to grief me because of content that works while its the new shiny, but is unplayable a month later. I recommend coming down to the Crown Pavilion and trying to do much of anything down on the ground floor to get a working sense of EPIC FAIL when it comes to low-end scaling.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

How is failing a lot something this game needs? I don’t get it at all.

Its the, “possibility,” of failure that is likely being referred to as needed, not the failure itself. Success means little if there was no significant possibility of failure.

Apparently you missed the evolution of the Temple of Grenth fight. This was probably the beginning of Anet’s attempt at catering to the mythical hardcore player in GW2. I say mythical because, while they exist on the forums they are nowhere to be found in-game. But back to Grenth. They introduced the possibility of failure in what I’ve discovered is the Anet-way. It is currently nearly assured failure on my server so that it fails 99% of the time. Again, humans are not built to endure continuous failure. And, scaling content for mythical players is wrong-headed. Open world PvE should be scaled for the player you find there, i.e., a broad diversity of players. All the major MMO’s understand this except GW2 at the moment. Tiered difficulty belongs in instances. Crushing challenge really has no place in open world PvE in an MMO.

ANet obviously thinks otherwise. The one challenge they’ve yet to master in open world content is how to prevent more players than the encounter is designed for from overpowering that encounter. The only restriction on player numbers is what the zone can hold — so maybe they’re designing this fight to be challenging to that many. If they do, then any server that cannot muster that many is going to be SoL.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Its the, “possibility,” of failure that is likely being referred to as needed, not the failure itself. Success means little if there was no significant possibility of failure.

Apparently you missed the evolution of the Temple of Grenth fight. This was probably the beginning of Anet’s attempt at catering to the mythical hardcore player in GW2. I say mythical because, while they exist on the forums they are nowhere to be found in-game. But back to Grenth. They introduced the possibility of failure in what I’ve discovered is the Anet-way. It is currently nearly assured failure on my server so that it fails 99% of the time. Again, humans are not built to endure continuous failure. And, scaling content for mythical players is wrong-headed. Open world PvE should be scaled for the player you find there, i.e., a broad diversity of players. All the major MMO’s understand this except GW2 at the moment. Tiered difficulty belongs in instances. Crushing challenge really has no place in open world PvE in an MMO.

ANet obviously thinks otherwise. The one challenge they’ve yet to master in open world content is how to prevent more players than the encounter is designed for from overpowering that encounter. The only restriction on player numbers is what the zone can hold — so maybe they’re designing this fight to be challenging to that many. If they do, then any server that cannot muster that many is going to be SoL.

I can vouch that I am indeed a hardcore player and I do not in fact care about PvE in any way whatsoever. I’ve reached my final account badge in WvW ankitten ow working towards new goals in PvP. PvE just doesn’t have the same satisfaction, and I can’t even show off my finisher in the new invasions when stomping the clockwork things. Most hardcore players won’t stick around long if all they do is PvE. It’s not enough.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

A welcome announcement and hopefully the start of overhauling the others too!

My big concern is that it is likely it will constantly be a hugely populated event and thus be too laggy for many to play. WIll it be on random timers? If not, will it be laggy and unplayable to those without high end pcs? Invasion has been hit miss in terms of lag. Sometimes it is fine, but I was in overflow and as soon as I was near a zerg, 2-3min skill lag kicked in.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Awesome. When is this coming?

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The bad part (in my opinion) is that ArenaNet is trying too much to put hard content interested players together with non-hard contet interested players.

That being, hardcore players playing the event will caps-lock non-hardcore players to death if they don’t do it the right way.

Also, large scale events are not that interesting since it just lags on most computers and you can’t see anything to begin with because of all the effects.

They should make things like this instanced, like a raid, or whatever, with 30 people max, I don’t know.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Heck with live streams—much nicer to read stuff—I guess I am just too old. LOL

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/31/gw2-pax-anniversary-bash-coverage/#1
Except for the contested WP’s, it looks good!

(edited by Blude.6812)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Awesome. When is this coming?

Sept 17th. Farm the event early before the majority of players lose interest and move onto something else.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

All of the people saying crap about how people who are “super 1337 uber hardcore” don’t PvE, that’s fine that’s your opinion. There are plenty who love to PvE and love challenging content for PvE. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean others (or everyone) feel the same.

Another thing, we don’t know for sure that nobody will do Tequatl after his revamp. We can only hope that people find the potential and the fun in the new challenge and keep going at it.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

For all the super hardcores all giddy about “finally difficult open world content”, just remember one small, “insignificant”, little detail: you cannot control the skill level of all the players around you during the fight, but their number will STILL make the event scale up.

Have fun with permafailure which is completely out of your control.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

For all the super hardcores all giddy about “finally difficult open world content”, just remember one small, “insignificant”, little detail: you cannot control the skill level of all the players around you during the fight, but their number will STILL make the event scale up.

Have fun with permafailure which is completely out of your control.

The giddy hardcores will not be around for the fun sadly. What happens when events become more “interesting” and turn into fail-fests is that they empty that part of the open world. That’s why I refer to the hardcores as a mythic species. There are signs of their existence on the forums, but you don’t find them in-game. What we will see is a continued emptying of open world PvE just as we have over the last four months.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

IndigoSundown.5419

I can vouch that I am indeed a hardcore player and I do not in fact care about PvE in any way whatsoever. I’ve reached my final account badge in WvW ankitten ow working towards new goals in PvP. PvE just doesn’t have the same satisfaction, and I can’t even show off my finisher in the new invasions when stomping the clockwork things. Most hardcore players won’t stick around long if all they do is PvE. It’s not enough.

That’s why I think Raine is at least partially correct. This fight will not entice a lot of the better players to repeat it endlessly because of its challenge — those players will learn it, farm it if it’s lucrative, then abandon it once they get bored and/or get what they want.

The sad reality of PvP in GW2 is that there just just doesn’t seem to be much to buy in the gem store that enhances the PvP experience. As a consequence, PvP-only players probably spend less money than PvE or multi-mode players will. The upshoot of that is that more developer effort is aimed at what they think is the paying demographic. They really should have more variety in PvP. Also, the issue of how to inhibit zerging applies to WvW as well as PvE.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: nasfieldjohn.2416

nasfieldjohn.2416

aye, anet should start listening to the actual players of the game rather than a few vocal minority

temple of grenth, karka queen events for examples,
are those who want hard content even doing those events?

maybe they came from wow and expect a wow raid boss encounter with raid loot?

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ So, just because most people don’t want harder content they should not add even 1% hard content in the whole game?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

aye, anet should start listening to the actual players of the game rather than a few vocal minority

temple of grenth, karka queen events for examples,
are those who want hard content even doing those events?

maybe they came from wow and expect a wow raid boss encounter with raid loot?

People don;t do those not because they don’t like hard content, but because those events give you nothing that makes you feel like you didn’t waste your time.

And tbh, I am expecting a raid boss with cosmetic raid rewards (if it drops a guild cape Im nolifing it until I get that), because there is a sense of fun and achievement in beating a challenge and getting rewarded handsomely for it.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

People don;t do those not because they don’t like hard content, but because those events give you nothing that makes you feel like you didn’t waste your time.

And tbh, I am expecting a raid boss with cosmetic raid rewards (if it drops a guild cape Im nolifing it until I get that), because there is a sense of fun and achievement in beating a challenge and getting rewarded handsomely for it.

Poor rewards and encounter design that was not particularly fun (regardless of difficulty) both contribute to encounters not being played.

I avoid Teq (and most of the world bosses for that matter), not because it is too difficult or not difficult enough, but rather because it is boring.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

More health = More challenging

Anet logic.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

^ So, just because most people don’t want harder content they should not add even 1% hard content in the whole game?

What use is that content if noone does it? And when i say noone i mean it literally – on my server the only time that karka queen timer resets is on server reset.
Basically, people on forums ask for parts of the content to get harder. Then the people that did not want it that hard leave and stp doing it. The “hardcores” find themselves either unable to do that event without the numbers usually provided by casuals, or get bored after several attempts, and they stop doing the event as well. In the end, what we get is not a hard content, but a dead one.
So no, for the sake of 1% of players feeling better for a month, they should never permanently kill the content for all the other 99% players.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Raine.1394

Anet logic.

I would describe it more like:

More health + instagib from the particle blur = More challenging
Anet logic.

Anet can not really do satisfying challenging content at present. The kind that you find in, say, Dark Souls, where the post-mortem of a fight instantly reveals what you did wrong and what you can do to improve your game. In GW2, often your only mistake was entering combat in the first place. But, let’s suppose they could do challenging content. It should not be placed in the middle of open world PvE, it should rather be delivered in instances with tiered difficulty. Just as form follows function, you design the open world around the player base found there and that is a wide diversity of players. It doesn’t need to be easy, simply appropriately challenging for the environment. Again, every MMO I’ve played has found this balance very quickly; GW2 is the lone standout in not understanding general balance in open world PvE in the MMO.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Yes. Because walking back for a minute is so challenging, all the while the rest of the zerg finishes the event for you instead…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Bout time GW2 got a dragon with some balls!

Sincerely hope that type of event/boss mentality stretches to all the existing dragons/bosses/dungeons and future content as well.

No one likes mindlessly zerging dragons and slapping their feet with 60 other players for 30 seconds lol.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

and require more than just mindlessly shooting at his foot

How?

I have missed the beginning of the stream, so I’m wondering if there’s any mechanic I haven’t seen yet. But from what I saw, the new mechanics are:

1. Turrets around the dragon. The (rather cute) QA girl mentioned they are not really needed to defeat Teq, and they don’t appear to make much of a difference. They remind me of the Shatterer and Jormag turrets, that no one care about.

2. Sometimes the dragons teleport players to underwater, where they take damage over time if they don’t swim up. Since people can just swim up and go back to the fight, doesn’t look like much to me.

3. There’s a new wave attack that people can jump over. It looks like it does damage, but nothing too complex.

…And that’s it? The other mechanics (bone walls, the fingers, the fear-inducing breath) were there already.

I have seen in the stream a couple groups trying and failing to kill Teq – which is a good thing, we want challenging content – but not because they weren’t coordinated enough or didn’t multitask important things while doing damage to the dragon or anything like that, no; rather because they didn’t do enough damage to what is basically a massive damage sponge.

Was there more to the fight, something I missed from the earlier comments? Or is this something like the HotW boss fights, just doing a lot of damage to a sponge?

If this is true than really they didn’t do anything cept add an annoying mechanic to it (teleporting people underwater when everyone is wearing masks? uhm anyone else see a problem with this?)

Ultimately doesn’t look like it will change much. The drops will still be based off of DPS which means no one is going to care about rezzing their fellow players because in lowering your DPS you’re cutting off your chance at the highest gear drops.

Group mechanics will most likely be ignored, like why should anyone lay down AOEs to help with the adds when they’ll likely miss the main boss which lowers ones DPS and lowers the chance for an ascended drop?

CC doesn’t work on anything because most likely the adds will have the defense against that so why bother CCing anything coming at you?

And I agree why even bother with the turrets?

So basically what we need to see is take out the teleport thing, it doesn’t even makes sense. Replace that with mobs that are affected by CC. Allow a counter for the number of times someone rezes someone in this encounter to account towards a temporary drop buff that is on until the end of the battle so that if someone is DCd during the fight and comes back when the boss is dead and checks the chest they won’t be missing anything.

This would fix the problems with the missing Anet trinity group mechanics in this fight, it will encourage coop and it would make the fight more than just about who has the most burst damage.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Namu.5712

Yes. Because walking back for a minute is so challenging, all the while the rest of the zerg finishes the event for you instead…

Because it requires team work.

The more people die the less chance you have of winning, because its timed and theres multiple roles to be filled. If you dont res people you wont have the dps to kill it nor the people to do the other jobs required.

Had they not blocked the waypoint it would negate the roles and dps because you could just die, then zerg it rinse and repeakittens

not a hard concept taking people out of a fight for a minute or more due to bad team-play is detrimental on a timed fight.

No more standing at his feet and kitten kitten ing while you spam 1 and ignore everything else going on around you.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Namu.5712

and require more than just mindlessly shooting at his foot

How?

I have missed the beginning of the stream, so I’m wondering if there’s any mechanic I haven’t seen yet. But from what I saw, the new mechanics are:

1. Turrets around the dragon. The (rather cute) QA girl mentioned they are not really needed to defeat Teq, and they don’t appear to make much of a difference. They remind me of the Shatterer and Jormag turrets, that no one care about.

2. Sometimes the dragons teleport players to underwater, where they take damage over time if they don’t swim up. Since people can just swim up and go back to the fight, doesn’t look like much to me.

3. There’s a new wave attack that people can jump over. It looks like it does damage, but nothing too complex.

…And that’s it? The other mechanics (bone walls, the fingers, the fear-inducing breath) were there already.

I have seen in the stream a couple groups trying and failing to kill Teq – which is a good thing, we want challenging content – but not because they weren’t coordinated enough or didn’t multitask important things while doing damage to the dragon or anything like that, no; rather because they didn’t do enough damage to what is basically a massive damage sponge.

Was there more to the fight, something I missed from the earlier comments? Or is this something like the HotW boss fights, just doing a lot of damage to a sponge?

If this is true than really they didn’t do anything cept add an annoying mechanic to it (teleporting people underwater when everyone is wearing masks? uhm anyone else see a problem with this?)

Ultimately doesn’t look like it will change much. The drops will still be based off of DPS which means no one is going to care about rezzing their fellow players because in lowering your DPS you’re cutting off your chance at the highest gear drops.

Group mechanics will most likely be ignored, like why should anyone lay down AOEs to help with the adds when they’ll likely miss the main boss which lowers ones DPS and lowers the chance for an ascended drop?

CC doesn’t work on anything because most likely the adds will have the defense against that so why bother CCing anything coming at you?

And I agree why even bother with the turrets?

So basically what we need to see is take out the teleport thing, it doesn’t even makes sense. Replace that with mobs that are affected by CC. Allow a counter for the number of times someone rezes someone in this encounter to account towards a temporary drop buff that is on until the end of the battle so that if someone is DCd during the fight and comes back when the boss is dead and checks the chest they won’t be missing anything.

This would fix the problems with the missing Anet trinity group mechanics in this fight, it will encourage coop and it would make the fight more than just about who has the most burst damage.

The turrets remove the aoe poisons, that lay at the dps zones.

No one on turrets your not gonna have footing to do any dps, its a timed fight every second you have no dps brings you that much closer to losing.

The wave requires movement.

New projectiles that do good damage to you guardian almost got 1 shot by one of them.

Before you could literally stand under him swinging and not get hit by anything…. and if you did you could basically just shrug it off.

And no matter how high your dps is, it doesn’t affect your loot chance lol. If you do enough damage to get a gold on the event then you get the same rng as everyone else that got a gold.

(edited by Namu.5712)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

not to already popular events maybe places that arent so popular

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

rjnemer.7816

Bout time GW2 got a dragon with some balls!

Sincerely hope that type of event/boss mentality stretches to all the existing dragons/bosses/dungeons and future content as well.

No one likes mindlessly zerging dragons and slapping their feet with 60 other players for 30 seconds lol.

Yeah, Now it will be 10 min of mindlessly zerging instead of 1 min. Awesome.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I wish I was there playing

“Oh man, this is the 9/11 of updates”

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

This all sounds great and all.. but it will probably turn out like the Karka Queen meta if they only do it with Tequatl. He’ll just be ignored if he doesn’t get good rewards tied specifically to his drops, as other bosses will still be lots easier, take less time, etc.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

I’m mostly impressed with the new mechanics and the ability to actually, FINALLY be able to FAIL an event like this.

I’m so sick of "oh look Teq (or Shatterer, or whatever) is up.. Time to get get my free blues and greens! It’s about time we actually have some challenging open world stuff =)

You like challenging open world stuff? When was the last time that you killed that Karka-queen on that lost islands noone cares about?

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Well the karka queen was a fail because it required holding 4 bases before she would spawn, this means the map needs to be full, which isn’t going to happen.

Teq will spawn regardless of any outer interaction, atleast I hope they don’t change that.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

AlietteFaye.7316

Well the karka queen was a fail because it required holding 4 bases before she would spawn, this means the map needs to be full, which isn’t going to happen.

Teq will spawn regardless of any outer interaction, atleast I hope they don’t change that.

Karka Queen was a fail because it required too much coordination and cooperation than should be expected of open world content. Time limit on top of it was another nail in the coffin.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Astralporing.1957

And no matter how high your dps is, it doesn’t affect your loot chance lol. If you do enough damage to get a gold on the event then you get the same rng as everyone else that got a gold.

That’s not how it works currently, you know. No matter the medal reward, if you didn’t do enough damage on the dragon to qualify for loot, you get no chest. Happened to me several times already in the early months of the game, before i understood where the problem was.

Actions, not words.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

AlietteFaye.7316

That’s not how it works currently, you know. No matter the medal reward, if you didn’t do enough damage on the dragon to qualify for loot, you get no chest. Happened to me several times already in the early months of the game, before i understood where the problem was.

That’s what he said. If you do the bare minimum of “enough” damage, then your reward is still the same as somebody that did more damage than was “enough” to qualify.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I wonder if a smaller group (10-20 people) would be still able to kill him or if we then just have to stay away from him?
I often play at times where <20 people is normal. Will that be a problem?

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Astralporing.1957

That’s what he said. If you do the bare minimum of “enough” damage, then your reward is still the same as somebody that did more damage than was “enough” to qualify.

To do enough damage, you still need to do damage. You can’t be protecting turrets, for example.

I wonder if a smaller group (10-20 people) would be still able to kill him or if we then just have to stay away from him?
I often play at times where <20 people is normal. Will that be a problem?

According to devs, the event was planned for 60+ (or was it 80+?) people. Considering that you need to have people at turrets, people defending turrets, a group at megalaser, and still have enough dps to deplete massive hps (which, if it follows the normal world boss patterns so far doesn’t scale down too well), 20 people might be low. 10 would likely be plain impossible.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

rjnemer.7816

There can be no such thing as “Challenging open world content”. You cannot coordinate 80 random people who 40% are absolutely clueless and only know how to spam their auto attack (Because 90% of the content doesnt teach them anything else).

They really need to take a step back, realize this and start making things instanced. Even if its a 30 man instanced event.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

IndigoSundown.5419

Hard content should be instanced. There should be “normal” and “hard” settings. There should be cosmetic rewards. Hard mode should award a higher chance, and — assuming it would take a skilled party 1.5 times what it would take the same party to complete the normal mode, hard should award 2x the cash.

Karka Queen was a fail because it required too much coordination and cooperation than should be expected of open world content. Time limit on top of it was another nail in the coffin.

QFT

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

rjnemer.7816

Hard content should be instanced. There should be “normal” and “hard” settings. There should be cosmetic rewards. Hard mode should award a higher chance, and — assuming it would take a skilled party 1.5 times what it would take the same party to complete the normal mode, hard should award 2x the cash.

QFT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty please Anet

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

As someone who was fortunate enough to try the new Tequatl encounter yesterday, I found it exhilarating and a lot of fun. I greatly look forward to seeing it on live and brainstorming strategies with my servermates on how to bring him down.

There’s a bunch of things to keep in mind about what you saw on the livestream. The developer intervention seemed to be only just enough to progress the event along so they could show the whole event off for the live stream. There were only 20 players playing during the live stream at any given time (60 total split among three groups of 20). We did also have developers and alpha testers participating on the back end as well. But I’m willing to bet we didn’t have near the 80+ players they said we’d need to successfully complete the event.

Also, we were playing with a bunch of people we had never played with before and playing mechanics we had never encountered before. And a lot of us didn’t even have time to digest the new mechanics and take advantage of LFG tool before we had to jump into the fray.

Another thing to keep in mind we were dumped onto pre-generated characters and many of us were playing unfamiliar builds. Most folks barely had a chance to swap out to different weapon sets. And all the pre-made characters were on accounts with keybinds set to default, which very much felt like playing with your hands tied behind your back if you rely heavily on customized keybinds.

What you saw on the livestream was a lot rougher than what we’ll likely see on live due to all these factors. I’m sure once it goes live and we’re playing on builds we’re familiar with, playing with our own keybinds, and actually have some level of coordination (especially when folks take more advantage of the new LFG tool), things will go a LOT smoother.

I’ve personally experienced encounters that required the same level of coordination and strategy in City of Heroes (the Hamidon Raid revamp). The COH community banded together and came up with strategies to bring the Hami down regularly and reliably. And in doing so, we bonded and our server communities became incredibly tight-knit as a result of the experience.

Don’t fret! I’m confident that our GW2 community will totally be able to come up with some strategies to bring Tequatl down! We can do it!

Henge of Denravi

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Oooh Ooh, one year later and we have one dungeon revamp and one world boss revamp!

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

As someone who was fortunate enough to try the new Tequatl encounter yesterday, I found it exhilarating and a lot of fun. I greatly look forward to seeing it on live and brainstorming strategies with my servermates on how to bring him down.

There’s a bunch of things to keep in mind about what you saw on the livestream. The developer intervention seemed to be only just enough to progress the event along so they could show the whole event off for the live stream. There were only 20 players playing during the live stream at any given time (60 total split among three groups of 20). We did also have developers and alpha testers participating on the back end as well. But I’m willing to bet we didn’t have near the 80+ players they said we’d need to successfully complete the event.

Also, we were playing with a bunch of people we had never played with before and playing mechanics we had never encountered before. And a lot of us didn’t even have time to digest the new mechanics and take advantage of LFG tool before we had to jump into the fray.

Another thing to keep in mind we were dumped onto pre-generated characters and many of us were playing unfamiliar builds. Most folks barely had a chance to swap out to different weapon sets. And all the pre-made characters were on accounts with keybinds set to default, which very much felt like playing with your hands tied behind your back if you rely heavily on customized keybinds.

What you saw on the livestream was a lot rougher than what we’ll likely see on live due to all these factors. I’m sure once it goes live and we’re playing on builds we’re familiar with, playing with our own keybinds, and actually have some level of coordination (especially when folks take more advantage of the new LFG tool), things will go a LOT smoother.

I’ve personally experienced encounters that required the same level of coordination and strategy in City of Heroes (the Hamidon Raid revamp). The COH community banded together and came up with strategies to bring the Hami down regularly and reliably. And in doing so, we bonded and our server communities became incredibly tight-knit as a result of the experience.

Don’t fret! I’m confident that our GW2 community will totally be able to come up with some strategies to bring Tequatl down! We can do it!

Awesome! Thanks for the first hand feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed it and glad you’re confident the rest of us will do well and enjoy it =)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

snip

But we never found out the “real” way of taking him down.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

snip

That’s fine. Gives us more to puzzle out once he hits live!

Henge of Denravi

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Raine.1394

snip

That’s fine. Gives us more to puzzle out once he hits live!

I too find failure exhilarating. I seek out a gaming experience where failure is nearly assured and continuously experienced. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t found GW2.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

something that should of been in the game from start .-. i would say 99% of world bosses revolve around standing and just spamming

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

Anet logic.

I think the SB and Maw need it :P practically dead when you come back from their pre event

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I think it’s good that ArenaNet is updating, and upgrading the world, to make it as good as possible before they go to other areas, as they said. Tequatl fight looks really cool now.

However, announcing it something like ‘’We have heard the community and we are giving it to you’’ and call that the ’’big’’ announcement of PAX, it’s just…

The reaction felt very much like this.

Attachments:

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Little.1635

Little.1635

“The encounter will be completely changed, turning this into an extremely difficult, time-limited 80-person fight minimum that requires group strategy and a whole lot of moxie.”

I dunno if the people thinking hell yeah finally challenging stuff do grenth or go and do south suns crazed karka queen event. Because this is pretty much the same messed up way of thinking that makes dead contents. Sure we’ll get a week at most where people are aiming for the achievements and minis then the numbers dwindle and its impossible to finish (my god 80 people min are they ____ nuts). Especially if 1) they make this event another account bound daily reward, 2) Insanely mob unfriendly (i forgot the temple where theres aoe death zones all over the floor) and finally 3) after beating this boss you get ANY blues and green. All in all challenge is FINE NOT FUN but it better be god ____ worth it.