The new special dye's

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

I bought a 5- pack of the new dye and i got 1 special ( the icon was different then rares ) So i presume it was a special dye. I used it on my armor and it just look like the same old greens..

If u want to sell them as specials, then make them special too… paying 10 euro for ordinary dye is too much.

Thank you.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

Can you share a screenshot?

Jade Quarry

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I got one as well and was hoping for something that did not show in the preview.. Not sure what I was expecting lol.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

Ìt is called : Deep Glacial Teal

Attachments:

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

What you get with the new dyes is deeper contrast & gradation.

Compare Eucalyptus with Deep Glacial Teal:

Attachments:

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

Hmm was hoping for more of a special look, everyone i speak says : " Its just green "

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

oh…. that actually looks significantly better on cloth. I might have to look into buying a few of these…

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Wow, I want me some Glacial Teal

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Remember that dyes will look different on different armor types. What may look a little washed on metal may be quite brilliant on cloth or leather.

#TeamJadeQuarry

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

You know, when I saw “Frost Themed” I thought of blue’s, white’s, maybe some lighter greens or blue-green hues

Tarnished Silver?

Only “frost theme” in that color is the kind of snow a dog leaves behind.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Sadly it’s the one gem purchase I regretted. 500 gems gets you a 5 pack of dye, which doesn’t always give you a new dye. Out of 10 possible dyes, I got 1 new dye. I don’t mind RNG, but I’d rather all were new and it was RNG what you got from that pool.

Oh well, live and learn – far too expensive to waste money on imo

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Sadly it’s the one gem purchase I regretted. 500 gems gets you a 5 pack of dye, which doesn’t always give you a new dye. Out of 10 possible dyes, I got 1 new dye. I don’t mind RNG, but I’d rather all were new and it was RNG what you got from that pool.

If that was the case, the chances of getting a certain dye would increase as you “fill in” the other colors. Want to farm Abyss dyes and such to sell? Buy the less expensive rares until all that is missing is the expensive ones like Abyss, now every pack you open MUST give you a valuable rare dye because those are the only slots still open.

It’s an obvious and easy exploit. Don’t want to be at the mercy of RNG? Buy specific colors from the TP.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heojaua.6048

Heojaua.6048

Be lucky, at least you got one of them.

I bought 2 sets and got Sky Dye and Natural Dye… It is utterly frustrating to spend money on dye only to get dyes you already own that are worthless.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I figured they’d add glows or something cool?

Guess i wont be needing any, thanks for the heads up OP.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

The contrast & gradation is nice with these new dyes. I only interested in Charred so I just got that via TP then.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

Got a yellow dye out of the flame pack. Flair. Very close to illumination. I tried it on the order of whispers cloth shoulder and the gemstone looked sweet. Gonna have to try dyeing that cloth armor with all the gems.. the one with 4 dye slots (can’t remember the name) Anyway not so impressive on cloth, or leather inserts, hopefully good for metals or gemstone type inserts.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StarFighter.4209

StarFighter.4209

the new dyes are only from TP or can you get them from MF too?

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

If that was the case, the chances of getting a certain dye would increase as you “fill in” the other colors. Want to farm Abyss dyes and such to sell? Buy the less expensive rares until all that is missing is the expensive ones like Abyss, now every pack you open MUST give you a valuable rare dye because those are the only slots still open.

It’s an obvious and easy exploit. Don’t want to be at the mercy of RNG? Buy specific colors from the TP.

I don’t think that works. Do the Gem Store dye packs state that you won’t unlock a dye that you already know? Because I’ve definitely gotten dye drops that I already know. Not to mention that dye unlocks are per character. The dyes aren’t bound so you can sell them.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

That seems like the sort of thing you should have in the game from the beginning when doing a dye system, not charge extra for.

I paid $60 for the textures in GW2 that I can’t look at when they’re oversaturated in color.

Shame. Colors with odd reflective properties or something might have actually been a good gem shop “optional” item.

User was infracted for being awesome.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

That seems like the sort of thing you should have in the game from the beginning when doing a dye system, not charge extra for.

I paid $60 for the textures in GW2 that I can’t look at when they’re oversaturated in color.

Shame. Colors with odd reflective properties or something might have actually been a good gem shop “optional” item.

Indeed, these dyes do seem to be regular dyes but done well, rather than novel dyes in their own right. It’d be like if when they release ascended armour they don’t release new skins, but they release the same old skins but without the clipping.

Kind of a shame really, as I hadn’t even questioned the quality of the dyes currently available till I saw that comparison.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

I don’t think that works. Do the Gem Store dye packs state that you won’t unlock a dye that you already know? Because I’ve definitely gotten dye drops that I already know. Not to mention that dye unlocks are per character. The dyes aren’t bound so you can sell them.

I’m not sure what you mean. I was responding to someone who didn’t like the way the dye packs worked and wanted to only get dyes that he hasn’t unlocked. I told him that system would be easy to exploit by unlocking lower value dyes so that the only possible drops are expensive dyes he hasn’t unlocked. I didn’t claim that this was the way it already works, I said that what he wanted to happen wouldn’t work.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m not sure what you mean. I was responding to someone who didn’t like the way the dye packs worked and wanted to only get dyes that he hasn’t unlocked. I told him that system would be easy to exploit by unlocking lower value dyes so that the only possible drops are expensive dyes he hasn’t unlocked. I didn’t claim that this was the way it already works, I said that what he wanted to happen wouldn’t work.

…I’m confused…

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

He was asking for something different. He (and me too) would like to get one of the new colors from that pack and no already avaible colors mixed into that package.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

What new colors are you talking about?

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I just got abyss dye from farming in curse shore looks aewsome

vvuevv

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Randulf.7614

The new colours are exclusive to new dye packs in the gem store Tol. But you arent guarenteed a new dye even if you buy the new packs. Its basically like buying the old gem store dye packs, with a small chance of an exclusive new one.

What i would prefer to see would be these new packs only give the exlusives, but a random chance of which you get. I have no issues with the way the original dyeacks worked.

You are correct though, buying these new dyes from the tp will be better (when the price settles down…18g for glacial teal is pushing it a bit for me)

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I agree. I am not sure why they put normal dyes in there. I guess so people in theory would buy more packs.. but in all honesty I am discouraged from buying more packs because I probably won’t get a new dye and it was not worth the cost for what I did get.

I would rather, like you mentioned, have just a random drop of the new dyes.. even if I got the same color over and over again I would be happier.. even if that meant making the stupid things account bound.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

Ah, I took “new” to mean “a color I don’t have yet” rather than a limited edition color. I haven’t paid much attention to the whole thing, other than reading another thread where the new dyes seem to be better versions of existing colors, so they aren’t really “new” colors at all.

It is kind of disappointing that the limited edition dye packs aren’t really giving out limited edition dyes, but they probably did that to keep people from flooding the TP with “new” (or rather limited edition) dyes and turning a few hundred gems into thousands of gold.

It looks like the dyes are 100 gems each, so if each was a limited edition color, people could buy a 5-pack, make at least 50 gold by selling them on the TP, convert to gems at a rate of about 2g = 100 gems, buy 20 or so more dyes, make 200+ gold, buy 100 dyes…

In other words people would buy dyes for 2 g each and sell them for 10+ g each to people who don’t realize they can buy them directly from the gem store… Most people would eventually catch on but spend five hours doing this and a person could get thousands of gold…

(edited by tolunart.2095)

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I doubt it – more avaiable colors = more supply = less expensive. I never had the impression that they care when some farmnerfs or new items change the demand or supply of something on tp. It’s simply because they make more money that way. And honestly if someone buys expensive from TP and could get it for less in another way it’s pretty much his fault, that’s no excuse to introduce their gashasystem again to save some “uninformed”. It’s not a big secret that someone can buy colors and stuff from the gemshop.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

the new dye colors look exactly like the old dyes…………. no reason for me to buy it…
waiting for transmutation sale so I can buy them with my hard earned ingame gold >:’3

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnetron.5823

Bought 10x flame pack today.

Got 1x flare(1x special dye), and the rest I already had.

10% chance from what I pay so much gold on, is way too low Anet. I am fortunate I know how to make a lot of gold just using the TP and MF.

But other people will spend 10 euro on it, and maybe get out of it 20 silver worth. That’s not acceptable yes its RNG I know.. but as someone else said.. make them all special, but 1 or 2 very special so ppl keep buying. But not greens man, or worth 4s that’s just money grabbing.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Uh…you can get doubles. How is it an exploit?

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

the new dye colors look exactly like the old dyes…………. no reason for me to buy it…
waiting for transmutation sale so I can buy them with my hard earned ingame gold >:’3

If you can’t tell them apart I pity you. They are a bit like the previously existing color Illumination – dyes are actualy made up of (at least) two colors – a main hue and an undershade. Only a few of the normal set have a high enough contrast between them that you can see the effects as certain armor details seriously pop.

All of the new set have this effect.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

Are this new dyes account bound? I try to sell one of them (flame and frost rarity) but i cant.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Randulf.7614

Sadly the TP is being manipulated on some of them. The number available has been the same on one for 2 days, yet the price creeps up 1g a day..

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: philmosk.3420

philmosk.3420

Snuck in and bought a ‘Deep Glacial Sky’ before the cost was jacked up too high…

They new dyes certainly offer greater contrast, especially on Cloth armors. I think the ‘Dark’ Heavy armor set might be the only metal armor that would show off the effects of these new dyes. (UPDATE: Nope, tried it, Dark armor looks little different in Midnight Blue…)

Attached a couple of comparison shots of the same suit in Midnight Blue / Midnight Ice, versus the new DGS / Midnight Ice. Really shows off the contrast well.

Looking forward to more examples from future events. Just glad they didn’t add a violet / purple, as of yet, my bank wouldn’t survive my Mesmer’s demands…

Attachments:

(edited by philmosk.3420)

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: philmosk.3420

philmosk.3420

Hmm was hoping for more of a special look, everyone i speak says : " Its just green "

Sadly, the tonal effect seems to work better on Cloth armors, the preview on some of my alts wearing Metal or even Leather weren’t that impressive.

The new special dye's

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Sadly the TP is being manipulated on some of them. The number available has been the same on one for 2 days, yet the price creeps up 1g a day..

Thinking that first-day prices of an item with an unknown rarity were going to be stable is a bit… ‘wishful thinking’ I guess. The prices are moving towards what they should be for something so hard to get. Figure the gold cost for buying 500 gems vs. opening a pack of 5 and getting one of the new ones at all, much less the exact one you wanted… yeah. Noticiably undervalued the first day.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.