Town Clothes

Town Clothes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gabranth.9587

Gabranth.9587

Can you please put back town clothes as Outfits instead of those unused 15 minutes tonics ?
I think it would be very appreciated

Thanks for all

Town Clothes

Posted by: Auron.8954

Auron.8954

Totally agreed !
Please do it

Town Clothes

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Agree, but will never happen. Like ever.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Town Clothes

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Like many other things the player base wants/needs/deserves, it’s “not a priority.” Instead, their priority is releasing half-ass balance patches every couple of months and tossing out new dev items without laying a proper foundation first.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Town Clothes

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Watching one ugly outfit after another show up in the gem shop, while those cool town clothes go to waste. Makes me sad.

Town Clothes

Posted by: Irreverent.3594

Irreverent.3594

Agreed. I still keep those tonics in bank, waiting for something. Maybe miracle..

Town Clothes

Posted by: winchester.1382

winchester.1382

Good idea! I agree!

Town Clothes

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I will always support this.

And I’ve supported it for a long time.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Town Clothes

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I completely agree. The tonics are just….why?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Town Clothes

Posted by: Skekzyz.1458

Skekzyz.1458

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Common_Clothing_Tonic [&AgFTjQAA] make these like currency ( think Mini Pig ) to trade in for Outfits of every (or many) types of common clothes worn by NPCs in each town.

____________________________________Skekzyz
The Dark Crystal [TDC] – Henge of Denravi

Town Clothes

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

Yup, adding support for this!

Town Clothes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Town Clothes

Of the original clothing:

• All of the headgear was converted to light|medium|heavy skins.
  • All of the outfits have been converted to Outfits except for the “Air Rider Package”

What hasn’t been converted:

• About a dozen torso skins
  • The original starter clothing.

While I’d certainly enjoy having these turned into Outfits, they would likely take as much work to convert as creating any new outfit. Since I don’t think the designs are all that great, I’m okay with these being so low on the priority list that we might never see them.

It does feel bad to still these as tonics. I just don’t think that’s sufficient reason to convert them.

PS it would be entirely unfair to turn the existing tonics into currency — so, so many of them have been traded on the TP and stockpiled by speculators.

tl;dr we’re mostly talking about silk shirts and hoodies and I don’t love any of them so much I’d want them high on the priority list, above other already-planned outfits.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Town Clothes

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not sure it would take much extra work to turn them into outfits. The tonics already give you a full set of clothes (most using the Riding Pants combined with the relevant top), and when they were town clothes they had dye channels.

So there’s no design work needed and I doubt it takes much work to combine a design with the ‘tech’ needed to make it function as an outfit since the whole system seems designed to allow them to produce new ones easily.

And if they did it would allow them to reintroduce these items to the gem store and all the people who have started playing since the wardrobe was introduced. Or simply didn’t get these when they were separate pieces but would get them as outfits.

I also maintain the belief that bringing back the original default town clothes as a free outfit would not only be great for players but for Anet too. At the moment you can completely ignore the outfit tab and outfits generally until you’ve already decided to buy one. If they gave everyone a free one it would give players a taste of the functionality, and get them used to using the tab and that could easily lead to previewing the other outfits and deciding to buy some.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Town Clothes

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

actually when they first talked about the whole wardrobe system ppl already asked to not change town clothing in to tonics but they just didn’t listen, it even takes more time to convert town clothing into tonics then to make them outfits.

no seriously, they actually gone the extra mile to make something no one asked for or even wanted, if they just added it as outfit no one even talked about them ever again.

Town Clothes

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

All for changing more of the town clothes into outfits.

The main problem I see, is that a lot of people are going to complain that “I don’t want X and Y combined, I hate Y and want X with Z!”

Personally not a fan of the riding pants for example, which I’m stuck with on both my hoodie tonics, and I loved the look I had with the red hoodie + the shorts on one of my toons. But we couldn’t just mix and fit what we like anylonger, so no matter what Anet puts together, people are going to complain.

(Except the basic town clothes, those would cause no trouble)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Town Clothes

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I want the clothes that I bought with hard earned dollars back :\ best part about them being individual pieces were mix-matching. I want that back. Tonic clothing is just a rip off.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Town Clothes

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I want the clothes that I bought with hard earned dollars back :\ best part about them being individual pieces were mix-matching. I want that back. Tonic clothing is just a rip off.

I do agree, in the same ship.

But that is one thing it seems pretty clear we’re not getting back.

But they might be willing to make some of the sets into outfits, so we at least can get away from the tonic stuff (so no 15 min duration, no locking out skills, and we can at least dye them).

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Town Clothes

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I do agree, in the same ship.

But that is one thing it seems pretty clear we’re not getting back.

But they might be willing to make some of the sets into outfits, so we at least can get away from the tonic stuff (so no 15 min duration, no locking out skills, and we can at least dye them).

Mix and matching was/is one of the best parts they’ve been slowly taking away the past couple years. I’d pass on more outfits as well. If they don’t want to offer those options, don’t give them out and tease about it by releasing it then removing it or you’ll get lashbacks like these.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Town Clothes

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Like many other things the player base wants/needs/deserves, it’s “not a priority.” Instead, their priority is releasing half-ass balance patches every couple of months and tossing out new dev items without laying a proper foundation first.

While I have no object to townsclothese being released as outfits, those patches you’re maligning are what keeps some of us playing. And though I usually don’t comment on how many people do what, I will say it is my firm belief that far more people use and enjoy those patches you’re talking about than would EVER use town clothes outfits.

Town Clothes

Posted by: Fallesafe.5932

Fallesafe.5932

I would love to see more casual looking clothes. My absolute favorite is the outfit that looks like a rockabilly suit. So bored of bulky armor and spaceman/robocop outfits in the gemsore. Players would love this. Nobody’s here to roleplay..

Town Clothes

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

I think it would be very appreciated

Indeed, put me on the ‘yes please-list’ as well

Town Clothes

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I would love to see more casual looking clothes. My absolute favorite is the outfit that looks like a rockabilly suit. So bored of bulky armor and spaceman/robocop outfits in the gemsore. Players would love this.

And we’ve said it quite often. I have to wonder what the sales stats are, but I’d be willing to gamble that the Monk’s outfit is close to the top. It’s a simple, nostalgic design, and I swap to it frequently.

It’s unfortunate that many of the armors/outfits/skins in GW2 suffer from over-design. I’m still needled by that ohgodwhy baby face on the Champion of Tyria armor shoulder. Everything else was on point, and I totally would have bought it otherwise. Give us some simple elegance, and we’ll go to it.

And pants. We like pants. I actually don’t mind as much that the hoodie came with the riding pants, it’s kind of an adventurous look, though I would have preferred hoodie/shorts.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Town Clothes

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

Yes please….i miss Town Clothing so much. Bring them back as outfits if you must, but the tonic solution is completely absurd. Please? Oh and swimming trunks/speedos, what have you, so we can all go on vacation with the Karka ^^

Town Clothes

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I want town clothes back. I really hate the change that was made.

let the sky fall