Ugly Wool Glider skin now available

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Ugly wool glider skin is now available in the gemstore by purchasing the Mini Angry Wintersday Gift for 400 gems which unlocks a small quest. It is dyeable with two dye channels.

Guide to the quest (fairly short): http://dulfy.net/2015/12/22/gw2-ugly-wool-glider-skin-quest-guide/

Video of Ugly Wool glider in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa-bGAk5dA4

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

God kitten that’s ugly.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So is this basically paid DLC?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Rio.4259

Rio.4259

Hideous. >.>

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The least they could have done was fix Toypocalypse. So now they sell Wintersday quest content and leave broken stuff broken?

Is, ‘Yuck!’ a reasonable reaction to have?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

It’s ugly (duh) but I find the idea amusing. Maybe I’ll get the mini and do the quest, after the hoards of people fighting over the NPCs that are only available to a few at a time have gone through. (Another dumb quest design).

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

They would have to PAY me 4000 gems to even put in my wardrobe.

Posted by: Tsighl.6437

Tsighl.6437

It’s kinda sad that the only way to get this and the last chest quest is via the gem store.. especially since there is basically no new content added this wintersday..
I hope that in future arenanet will only add cosmetics etc to the trading post and not gameplay.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I love the mini-quests; it’s fun and much more entertaining than just buying the Mini-pets.

I even like the Glider…it looks very Wintersday-y when dyed the appropriate colors.

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

Good News: Anet is adding more “quests” for items

Bad News: It’s a gemstore item so in the end it’s still something you buy instead of earn. Now you just have to buy to even get the option to “earn”

If only they would add fun quests with a story for skins instead of these collections that are just “spend x amount of gold to unlock the items”. When I heard about a quest for our precursor for example, I pictured an exciting lore quest with story. Instead we got RNG drops from random mobs to fill a collection among other disasters. I miss the GW1 Bonus Mission Pack for skin idea that I thought was a test for future GW2.

Posted by: Liquicity.3621

Liquicity.3621

Wool was pulled over my eyes..
Realizing now that this game is some sort of freak hybrid of consistent pay to also play.

Nah Im going to go find a game that can respect me as a part of its player base now.

This constant PAY ME!! oh and do a quest crap just shows they aren’t ever going to add anything fun to this game. HoT was just the pre pay to the DLC stream of things from here in.

LS2 foreverz…

Have fun paying for SAB on its “return”

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

I’d be ignoring this as well because yeah, that is uggly, but…

They worked in skritt so that caught my attention. I tend to do a lot of skritt related stuff in the game for the laughs.
Chances are I’ll never use either, save maybe the glider to get comments out of guildies.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

The completionist in me demands that I get this. The 400 gems is urging me to resist my completionism.

A true dilemma.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

(edited by Endless Soul.5178)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Man. Complaining, complaining, complaining. If you don’t like it, don’t buy and don’t get the glider skin.

Neither is game-breaking nor necessary.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You can dye it in festive ugly Christmas sweater colors.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Iason Evan.3806

Man. Complaining, complaining, complaining. If you don’t like it, don’t buy and don’t get the glider skin.

Neither is game-breaking nor necessary.

I’d apologize for my valid and reasonable opinion if it weren’t for the fact that I destroyed that part of my brain that cares with a coat hanger I shoved into my nose to purposefully destroy it.

Posted by: Liquicity.3621

Liquicity.3621

I’d apologize for my valid and reasonable opinion if it weren’t for the fact that I destroyed that part of my brain that cares with a coat hanger I shoved into my nose to purposefully destroy it.

This is the most macabre and hilarious thing I’ve read in awhile. : D

Ardenwolfe.8590

The least they could have done was fix Toypocalypse. So now they sell Wintersday quest content and leave broken stuff broken?

And here I was under the impression that this thread was about the new pet, glider, and the guide that points out how to get one or the other.

My apologies. I had no idea your ‘valid’ and ‘reasonable’ opinion was, “Yuck.” And it’s about something not even involving the actual topic? Even better!

By all means, please derail the topic with more of your insight.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It would seem so. 400 gems for one shot conten, kind of a lot, but then, a quest to get BLTC items would be cool if you where going to buy them anyway.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This really confused me until I realised you were talking about the “quest” to unlock the glider.

I think it’s seriously stretching the definition there. You talk to 2 NPCs, kill 1 enemy and talk to another NPC. I just did it in about 15 minutes while drunk. And that was without using a guide. I used the wiki to double check the name of the enemy I had to kill, but that was it.

Maybe the OP should edit his post to clear up that misconception.

I may have a slightly different perspective to most because I bought it for the mini pet and only unlocked the gilder because there’s no reason not to after buying it. But if I’d bought it expecting a DLC quest I’d be seriously disappointed, to the point of requesting a refund, you’re basically buying 2 items bundled together and the fact that you have to talk to some NPCs to unlock the second one is a minor technicality.

I love the mini-quests; it’s fun and much more entertaining than just buying the Mini-pets.

I even like the Glider…it looks very Wintersday-y when dyed the appropriate colors.

I’m not sure it’ll replace my HoT one/bat wings, but it does look a lot better after being dyed. I went for dark red and dark green (for some reason all the colours look brighter on it) to make it look Christmassy.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This really confused me until I realised you were talking about the “quest” to unlock the glider.

I think it’s seriously stretching the definition there. You talk to 2 NPCs, kill 1 enemy and talk to another NPC. I just did it in about 15 minutes while drunk. And that was without using a guide. I used the wiki to double check the name of the enemy I had to kill, but that was it.

Maybe the OP should edit his post to clear up that misconception.

I may have a slightly different perspective to most because I bought it for the mini pet and only unlocked the gilder because there’s no reason not to after buying it. But if I’d bought it expecting a DLC quest I’d be seriously disappointed, to the point of requesting a refund, you’re basically buying 2 items bundled together and the fact that you have to talk to some NPCs to unlock the second one is a minor technicality.

I’m not sure it’ll replace my HoT one/bat wings, but it does look a lot better after being dyed. I went for dark red and dark green (for some reason all the colours look brighter on it) to make it look Christmassy.

I used a dark green and darker red, as well. I use different gliders on different characters….I’m not one to put the same thing (even gliders) on all my characters (the one I put the Ugly Wool glider on has a whole character effect, which affects the glider, as well), so having more choices suits me. =)

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I enjoyed this short mini quest. It was fun to do though I am not so sure about when or how Prototype Assistant Lennor shows up. I did find him walking into the area upon a successful completion of the U.N.I.T. event so it may be tied to that. He was in the area when I first came in (no clue if the U.N.I.T. event had been done at that point) and killed him with another person but he never spawned Zokaggrot the Greedy. A short time later I started the the U.N.I.T. event and successfully completed it, Prototype Assistant Lennor showed up walking into the area and once we killed him Zokaggrot did spawn.

If this is indeed connected to the U.N.I.T. event please do not get too far ahead of U.N.I.T. when killing stuff because that is what will bug that event out especially when folk go kill the golem in the niche before U.N.I.T. gets near it. Folk trying for the Giant Slayer achieve are familiar with this bug….

Rest of the mini quest was quite fun and enjoyable. I did have to help get Skrittsburgh open again in order to talk to the king and was able to complete the rest easily.

My only request is more than just two areas to dye on this. Yes, it is ugly but as a knitter this type of pattern is actually quite difficult to do and some additional color could make it truly interesting.

Iason Evan.3806

And here I was under the impression that this thread was about the new pet, glider, and the guide that points out how to get one or the other.

My apologies. I had no idea your ‘valid’ and ‘reasonable’ opinion was, “Yuck.” And it’s about something not even involving the actual topic? Even better!

By all means, please derail the topic with more of your insight.

Sounds good. Here’s more insight! ArenaNet needs to rethink their business strategy. Lots of people originally into this franchise were into it because ArenaNet bucked many industry trends when it came to markeeting and pricing. Now they seem to want to be market leaders in changing their original b2p philosophy of retention through garnering a spirit of loyalty in their customers by providing real value to that of high turnover, mobile game style microtransactions at every turn.

I’ll echo my opinion of that with the same sentiments I shared earlier: Yuck!

In the future, don’t tell me I can’t have an opinion and share it. I am of the opinion this should have been a holiday quest for everyone to do sans gem cost. Nothing about my OP was caustic or inflammatory.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Well well…. content locked behind a gemstore purchase.

Granted this “content” is nothing to get your panties in a bunch over…. and one could argue that the final reward, the glider skin, could have simply been part of the original gemstore purchase…. but

…This is a a very dangerous precedent.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

In the future, don’t tell me I can’t have an opinion and share it. I am of the opinion this should have been a holiday quest for everyone to do sans gem cost.

Just that only those with HoT can use it – so to the rest of the players it would be frustrating.

I’m absolutely fine with everything about this glider – mine is as ugly as kitten and I’m really happy about that.
But without Dulfy I wouldn’t have known there was a quest.

Behellagh.1468

Come off it guys, the original “not a Mimic” mini had a quest for a bonus item so this isn’t new. Anyways it’s just cosmetic items, like most expensive items in the gem shop.

Single minis are normally 350 gems, glider skin 400-500 gems. The two “angry” ones are 400 gems and if you do a little fetch quest you get either a 2nd mini or a glider skin. I think it’s a great little “bundle” that requires only a tiny bit of effort to get the 2nd item.

RIP City of Heroes

Ardenwolfe.8590

In the future, don’t tell me I can’t have an opinion and share it. I am of the opinion this should have been a holiday quest for everyone to do sans gem cost. Nothing about my OP was caustic or inflammatory.

I believe, in your attempt to come off as witty, you missed the bigger point: it’s not part of the actual discussion Dulfy is posting about . . . this thread is about the guide to show players how to gain the glider.

Don’t get that twisted. This is the point:

In the future, don’t tell me I can’t have an opinion and share it. I am of the opinion this should have been a holiday quest for everyone to do sans gem cost.

Just that only those with HoT can use it – so to the rest of the players it would be frustrating.

I’m absolutely fine with everything about this glider – mine is as ugly as kitten and I’m really happy about that.

. . . not your rant. And +1 to Jana for getting it.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Behellagh.1468

Except for the description on the Angry Gift itself on the Gem Shop which tells you to see the first contact in the chain.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Truly a skin that lives up to its name, well played, ANet.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Except for the description on the Angry Gift itself on the Gem Shop which tells you to see the first contact in the chain.

I need a blinking sign to see stuff like that.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Such effort put in again, I’m in awe!

But, personally I prefer the dragon mini pet reskin over the angry chest reskin, so I’ll miss out on this extremely hideous basic glider reskin.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

It is nice, i will likely get it, but the whole situation is getting really annoying.
We still haven’t got a single glider skin available ingame other than the default one. They sure are cashing hard on them.

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

We still haven’t got a single glider skin available ingame other than the default one. They sure are cashing hard on them.

There is a glider in PvP you can earn if I recall correctly. (not that such would probably make you any happier.)

http://dulfy.net/2015/12/01/gw2-upcoming-items-from-dec-1-patch/

Posted by: Gkaruk.9430

Gkaruk.9430

Seems quest line is broken/bugged. 11 kills of Prototype Assistant Lennor and 3 of those under the U.N.I.T. event with now spawn of Zokaggrot the Greedier.

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

This is broken for me too, I have spoken to the npc in the black lion company, got sent to kill the Prototype assistant lennor golum. and now killed it 8 times. nothing. kitten anet can’t you release ANYTHING that works any more?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was lucky, the skritt spawned on my second kill. Followed by a bit of unluck, Skrittsburgh was closed and so I needed to help open it, then it turned out the next part involved dueling other players for first tag on the Grumpy Skritts. I was very happy only a couple of other people were doing that part when I was there, so no one had to keep getting beaten to the tag.

Posted by: Gkaruk.9430

Gkaruk.9430

Tried 3 times again today 24/12, still bugged. Report raised and post on Dulfy. Please confirm to add to this thread if found also bugged and raise report?

Posted by: zeldara.4127

zeldara.4127

As for people complaining it is a store item and not in festival reward… this is my take on it and why I feel differently.

I played the bell choir and other things at leisure and as long as I found it fun, to get the gifts, the drinks and such in them I sold. I turned that gold into gems, bought the gift mini and unlocked the ugly sweater skin glider.

In my feel it all came from the winter festival and became a wintersday reward.

Ok instead of directly gathering up festival tokens with the games to buy a gift miniature and sweater glider skin quest starter from an wintersday npc, I saved up (gold for) gems doing the same thing and the store was the “NPC”. Ok looks less festive I grand you that. And all over I don’t think this way would have taken longer or needed a different approach then if it was an holiday token gathering for the reward from the same games.

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

As for people complaining it is a store item and not in festival reward… this is my take on it and why I feel differently.

I played the bell choir and other things at leisure and as long as I found it fun, to get the gifts, the drinks and such in them I sold. I turned that gold into gems, bought the gift mini and unlocked the ugly sweater skin glider.

In my feel it all came from the winter festival and became a wintersday reward.

Ok instead of directly gathering up festival tokens with the games to buy a gift miniature and sweater glider skin quest starter from an wintersday npc, I saved up (gold for) gems doing the same thing and the store was the “NPC”. Ok looks less festive I grand you that. And all over I don’t think this way would have taken longer or needed a different approach then if it was an holiday token gathering for the reward from the same games.

But this is only good if you don’t want the food/alcohol (or other things) from the gifts for the other achievements/collections. It’s getting boring that you only get items via gemstore & not doing actual in-game content to earn said rewards.