Unfair and Rude End Game for Deaf Players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

Seriously people want hearing players and not DEAF how am i gonna able to enjoy game when people want speaking (i can’t talk or vocie or able to hear) due to full deafness

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

sorry.. but what?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I think the op is referring to groups doing endgame activities wanting the group members to be on discord etc……. Instead of relying on typing in the chat box.

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Posted by: Elva.6372

Elva.6372

Discord has speech to text support as well if I am not mistaken…

But yes, limitations exist, as in all things.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You might consider joining a guild for the hearing impaired (if that exists) or forming one of your own to do end game content with. Perhaps there are a lot of other players looking for something similar. I bet there are, as well as a lot of players that may not have hearing problems but are just uncomfortable using voice chat that may also be interested in a text only guild. I’m not trying to be inconsiderate but that is an option.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

I think the op is referring to groups doing endgame activities wanting the group members to be on discord etc……. Instead of relying on typing in the chat box.

never experienced that at all

not to mention…. thats not really the fault of the game is it

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I have witnessed this happen alot and it really isnt fair to the hearing impaired. I know there are a lot of nice guilds what will work with hearing impaired. My former guild Tyrian Misfits will not judge you if your hearing impaired and will work with you. My current guild while we do require TS if you are deaf we do not kick because of it and will try and make accommodations. I am pretty sure if you go into the guild forums and explain yourself there will be a lot of guilds that arnt elites and will be excited to have you in their guild fam.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Discord has speech to text support as well if I am not mistaken…

But yes, limitations exist, as in all things.

TTS helps people who are mute (or don’t like using microphones); it’s not really useful for those who are deaf, unless all the hearing folks type everything, which (for most hearing) defeats the advantage of using VoIP during 5- or 10-person content

For the OP, I don’t really see that there’s merit to the complaint. It’s not realistic to expect all hearing folk to make things harder on themselves by typing when they could be talking. It’s really hard to type-warn people that a fourth is needed for a green circle if you’re busy dodging.

You’ll just have to find folks such as myself who are as comfortable typing during intense combat as we are with VoIP.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”