Unidentified gear - Please No, No, No, Nooooo

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

No one and I mean no one uses Mystic or Master Kits to salvage Blue or Green gear same goes for Silver-o-Matic. Salvaging UND means, no secondary salvage, like Runes, Sigils, Inscriptions, Insignias, Ectos, Dark Matter as it is all treated like either blue or green. If You think this will stabilize the market, you are mistaken it will devour it.

I do.

Not fine items, but certainly masterwork and rare. Everybody should, at least until their magic find (MF) is maxed. (Or, at least they should determine for themselves what the value of luck is.)

After maxing MF, I won’t any more, but I’m not seeing that happen anytime soon.

Daddicus.6128

… Unid gear is NOTHING at all, until you id it, the loot does not exist until you get it ID’d which is essentially trading in your green unid tickets for loot.

Wrong equation. It’s green unid tickets PLUS 1s 68c each = loot.

Daddicus.6128

Been away so late response.

Customer feedback IS important and I believe this is why the change because of those complaints or suggestions. Doesn’t mean every one will agree. I know many who think it is a good idea and those that don’t want it. I prefer my 120 slots not be filled during runs and then I have salvage, sell off junk and such from salvage and I believe this is more to the good versus the bad.

I am not assuming who is complaining but have seen it for 3+ years of a way not to fill bags.

I cannot remember a single post where someone asked for the ability to ID loot. Now, I’m sure I’ve missed a few, but I don’t think was requested at all.

Daddicus.6128

Did I miss it, or is Anet not making any comments about this concern? I feel like their silence is just adding fuel to the fire and may ultimately reduce sales while folks like me wait to see what the end results are before deciding whether or not to buy.

Yes, they have been completely silent on the issue. Even when asked in the formal comments thread that Gaile started.

Daddicus.6128

Just a thought, they could remove the “pain” from this for new and old players by changing it from silver to karma. Karma is an easily renewable source, HoT, LWS3, and PoF areas all have redoable renowned hearts.

Currency is currency. I won’t pay any of my hard-earned currency to identify loot.

Daddicus.6128

While i understand that this is not the “official” feedback thread, can we get some acknowledgment that someone from Anet is reading this thread and hopefully taking what is being said here into consideration?

I posted a link to this thread in the official feedback thread. No response. There are dozens of complaints about it in just the first couple of pages as well. It is basically impossible for them to have read that thread and missed the outcry against IDing.

Not responding is just par for the course for them. It’s really sad. Perhaps if they would articulate WHY they think this is a good thing, I might change my opinion. But, as is, it’s simply unacceptable to me.

Daddicus.6128

There are a lot of good arguments for and against.

I’m still waiting to hear the first “good argument” for this.

Posted by: Ferelwing.8463

Ferelwing.8463

Just a thought, they could remove the “pain” from this for new and old players by changing it from silver to karma. Karma is an easily renewable source, HoT, LWS3, and PoF areas all have redoable renowned hearts.

Currency is currency. I won’t pay any of my hard-earned currency to identify loot.

Honestly, I agree with you, I’m just saying for me a more palatable option would be karma, but it still feels bad to regress from having everything there and being able to make an informed decision vs “unid” (I don’t want to call it loot because it really doesn’t feel like it) gamble.

It’s not a real choice.

Daddicus.6128

Honestly, I agree with you, I’m just saying for me a more palatable option would be karma, but it still feels bad to regress from having everything there and being able to make an informed decision vs “unid” (I don’t want to call it loot because it really doesn’t feel like it) gamble.

It’s not a real choice.

It might be OK to me if it were like 1 or maybe 2 karma. But, I’ve salvaged well over a hundred thousand items. Even 3 karma would easily eat through my reserve.

Plus, there’s no benefit for me, the player. Why do I have to pay at all for something that is just part of the game elsewhere?

Ferelwing.8463

It’s not a real choice.

It might be OK to me if it were like 1 or maybe 2 karma. But, I’ve salvaged well over a hundred thousand items. Even 3 karma would easily eat through my reserve.

Plus, there’s no benefit for me, the player. Why do I have to pay at all for something that is just part of the game elsewhere?

Completely agreed, when I’m actively trying to finish achievements in areas I will sometimes get the salvage achievement multiple times. I agree that it would be be far too much if it’s 3 karma. I could handle 1 but anything more than that and I’m sure that I’d be in trouble pretty quickly. I also agree again that the entire idea frustrates me, if I wanted GW1 mechanics I would be playing GW1.

Daddicus.6128

Completely agreed, when I’m actively trying to finish achievements in areas I will sometimes get the salvage achievement multiple times. I agree that it would be be far too much if it’s 3 karma. I could handle 1 but anything more than that and I’m sure that I’d be in trouble pretty quickly. I also agree again that the entire idea frustrates me, if I wanted GW1 mechanics I would be playing GW1.

Well, IF there was a good reason for it, I would listen. I’m a very large (in more ways than one) fan of this game. I will not easily leave it, but two ANet decisions (since and including HoT) have created some unacceptable situations (to me): mapping and now IDing.

They burned their goodwill with me when they released HoT. Not by the release (they’ve always made mistakes, and frequently admitted and then corrected them). But this time, their refusal to articulate their reasoning, coupled with not changing things, is causing me to reconsider my commitment to the game.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Essentially, while this feature might benefit the player who is cynical about loot in GW2, it kittens the player who likes loot.

Completely honest here: I hope that no one likes the loot system in GW2. It’s so annoying to the player, it really shouldn’t get any praise. Basically any other MMORPG has handled loot-to-inventory better than this.

That’s not to say that it is unusable. Clearly we play the game. But it’s the low point of MMORPGs, and it really is difficult to make it worse.

Removing a good 75% (or so, felt like 75%) of trash loot drops in favor of a currency I can “trade in” for either crafting mats or a gamble on skins would… be pretty cool?

Are you asking for the exact thing that this thread is discussing? It looks like it.

You’re just thinking about this from the wrong end. It’s just a different system. Rares and exotics are not mixed into the bunch, they do not exist until you ID the trophies. Imagine they are a chest that has a random item inside and a better chance at getting a rare than you do from drops and that it costs you 1.68s to open them. The beauty is that if you just want materials, you can salvage them directly and get a lot more materials than you do usually, like a LOT more.

This is not how people think. People want to know what is in the bag. And if there is a chance that what is in the bag is something good, even if the chance is small, people will want to know even more. That is why gamble chests and grab bags in stores work.

The developers are counting on this very thing for BL chests and the new gamble boxes. So they obviously understand exactly how this new UnID Gear will work. So a large number of, if not most, people will want to ID the gear. New players will not have good Magic Find and so will probably not even break even from the cost of ID. So as I said the new players lose. Just what GW2 needs…

No, they will still end up with luck to increase their MF as well as comparable loot drops to just playing normally.

It’s interesting that you are consistently presenting your ideas as fact. Do you work for Anet and you’re just hoping they don’t figure out that you’re answering questions? If you don’t work for Anet you actually have no idea.

They already have low MF so don’t get a lot of rares regardless. The 1.68s cost will be more than equalled out by material rewards, that’s how these gold sinks work, its not trying to steal anything from you, it is you exchanging some silver for more materials and skins. That’s it.

Yes, they have to PAY 1.68s to get the “comparable loot drops to just playing normally”. So they ARE stealing from us if you are correct about the “comparable loot drops to just playing normally”. We have to pay $ and time, as Whitworth and others have pointed out, to get the “comparable loot drops to just playing normally”.

I meant comparable drops and value after you take out the cost to ID. They want to remove gold from the economy, not materials.

Gold generation is already a pain point for new players because the “bonuses” to that generation 1% I believe per achievement level and I think monthly you get around 1 or 2%. So new players have to play quite a while before gold starts to really be a thing they have. …

So, sell the unid and make coin. It’s not hard.

Have you seen how many more materials are created when you salvage the unid gear? it’s significantly more (over double) than salvaging weapons/armor and all tiers are created, meaning the supply of the lower tiers will be increased significantly. I’d say they want to reduce the cost of materials because that’s exactly what salvaging the unid gear will do.

Does that make up for the precursors you will never get? How about ectos? Dark matter? Runes and sigils?

Yes it does, what % of your drops has been precursors? You can still ID them into precursors if you so wish, if you realise how futile that is, don’t and then salvage for extra materials and craft one. Fyi I have had two precursors drop in the past.

They will sell like hotcakes because they salvage into a lot more material than ordinary green weapons, people who don’t understand are going to list them and those tho do understand are going to buy them and salvage. Or, those that have high MF will buy them, get tons of rares and then salvage into ectos.

So, it’s a good thing to profit from other peoples’ ignorance?

Yes it is, especially when I’ll continue to tell everyone how good this system is and explain it to people so they can profit themselves as well. There are those, though, that do not listen or understand and sadly, they are the ones missing out.

Just gotta read more of the posts then mate.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Meh, if this goes live, I’ll just buy some endless ‘Identify-o-tron’ or something. not really an issue to me, maybe toss one in with the big packed of the expansion to make the players who bought that feel better..

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Ferelwing.8463

Well, IF there was a good reason for it, I would listen. I’m a very large (in more ways than one) fan of this game. I will not easily leave it, but two ANet decisions (since and including HoT) have created some unacceptable situations (to me): mapping and now IDing.

They burned their goodwill with me when they released HoT. Not by the release (they’ve always made mistakes, and frequently admitted and then corrected them). But this time, their refusal to articulate their reasoning, coupled with not changing things, is causing me to reconsider my commitment to the game.

I’d be willing to hear them out… But the reasoning better be absolutely amazing, because the con’s especially as a newer player outweigh the pro’s currently. I’t too late for me I pre-purchased before the demo but I’m hesitating to buy the 4 more copies for my husband and kids, especially since two of them quit last time because the gold progression was grindy and slow. They felt they were never going to have good enough gear, their enjoyment waned pretty fast. They tried the demo and only really played with the mount mechanics I worry they’re going to quit again as soon as they realize not only are they broke but now they can’t get rares/exotics/precursors at all without going further in the “red”. I originally bought the game so that I could play with the kids/husband as a team and we could do things together. Now I can’t even get them to all log in at the same time because of the problems with loot/progression. I still enjoy the game and I was hoping the new expansion might help me convince them to come play with me but I really feel like this mechanic means if I purchase it then it will end up as a mistake.

I realize there are multiple levels of people trying to play the game and it’s difficult to balance it around the different groups (older players vs newer players have different needs).. It just currently feels like the game keeps advertising that it wants the “newer players” but then punishes them for playing and sometimes the older players come off on forums like they’re saying something along the lines of “filthy beginner peasants, you don’t belong in OUR game, go away”

Rather than remember what it was like when they first started playing and calculate the bonuses they’ve gotten from playing vs where they started from. I understand that there are differences in needs between the groups but if a game offers a level 80 boost in an attempt to “jump start end game content for new players” then it would make sense that they didn’t then punish said new players for not having “end game gold generation”.

I agree with the mapping, I could go on about what happened when I finally finished the personal story and went straight to HoT but, probably not the right thread.

(edited by Ferelwing.8463)

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

There was a solid reason for identifying items in Guild Wars. There is zero reason to do so in GW2.

In Guild Wars it operated so that you could identify and remove valuable items, or just junk skins you didn’t want to ID. Generally you’d only ID rare items, and salvage off useful upgrades such as 20% enchantments, etc.

GW2, not worth IDing anything less then exotic. If they have not made a distinction between rare, exotic, etc and you have to ID it before you even know, that’s a terrible design.

Just more pointless gating.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Ferelwing.8463

So, sell the unid and make coin. It’s not hard..

…… You’re missing the entire point, selling the stuff means you miss out on the collections, you miss out on the possibility to have better items etc… You’re coming up with “solutions” that aren’t solutions. Selling it without knowing what you’re selling (green/blue etc RNG whatever) doesn’t solve the problem and it doesn’t make the situation better for new players. It actually punishes them because now while they paid exactly the same amount (if not more depending on level they purchased for the expac) they don’t get access to the same content as someone who has been there since launch because they’re broke and they can’t afford to decide whether or not they want to ID something. I don’t care about the RNG factor that you keep bringing up (it’s not there blah blah blah etc), because they have no choice but to sell or break it down for mats due to lack of gold generation this penalizes them from the start. It’s a mechanic that wasn’t there before and was added because…. ???

You’re still arguing that it’s a “great” thing without addressing the actual concerns. I really got into playing GW2 because I unlocked a collection. If I were a new player who insta-level’d to PoF I will not see a collection until I finally have enough money to identify an item , but someone who has been playing since launch who starts the map at the exact same time as I do can unlock the whole collection because they have gold and their rate at getting gold is always going to be higher. I didn’t feel this way when I bought HoT, I felt like everything was tied to a form of progression and that I wasn’t being “penalized” because I wasn’t an original GW2 player. I felt like I could earn my way up. I got to immediately unlock collections just by having something drop in my inventory (sometimes I had to choose to unlock the skin). I didn’t have to pay just to see whether I wanted to or not. I didn’t have to make decisions based on my bank account, I got to make an instant decision based on “Do I want this item or not?”. It didn’t feel arbitrary and it didn’t feel like I was being penalized. It felt like a natural progression.

Deciding based on bank account is NOT any of those things. Pretending otherwise is a bit demeaning and if you again return to “it’s not really an item because it’s not really worth anything” or use the apples to oranges comparison of MF… I’ll remind you, the MF is not a good comparison. When you place items in the MF you already know what types of items you’re putting in, you know their stats and their worth and you still decided that you wanted to place them in there. You went into every single step fully aware and you CHOSE to risk trying for a better item (or you just wanted to remove an account bound item from your bank and get something you could sell).

This is completely different at no point did you make an informed choice, and the RNG factor you keep harping on completely ignores the if you’re broke you will never see an ecto or better piece of equipment or start a collection all because of your bank account. A problem uniquely started by this new expansion and not a problem in any other maps. If this is meant to be “stand alone” without requiring HoT or LW’s then this then it’s not exactly a selling point since the only people it benefits are those who started playing when the game launched.

No amount of “but, but, but” is going to convince this “newer” player that this is “helpful”. It isn’t, I have been playing catch-up for a year and it was ok but this is NOT ok. Starting the new expac at the same time as the older players having finally completed a good portion of the HoT achievements but because gold progression is an issue for me I am arbitrarily locked out from starting the new collections or be given a fair chance at progression just doesn’t feel good no matter how you try to spin it to me. Telling me that selling these items, without thinking about whether or not I actually would want to if I had the “gold” to do so, ignores my entire point. This is spin, I don’t want to have all my choices be decided based on whether or not I have enough money in the bank to ID things and I really don’t want the next part to be losing money that I didn’t have on worthless loot. I’ve been playing for a year, I spent a LOT of time trying to get other people to play. When I say this is NOT going to help, I’m not being obtuse I’m being honest. I’m a newer player, I don’t like the idea that because I don’t have a massive bank account I am excluded at the very beginning. I don’t care that I may get more mats (which remains to be seen) and no amount of “sell it to the vendor” is going to convince me that is going to “solve” the issue of gold generation. It feels bad to me that the ONLY reason I can’t participate in something I like (going through my loot) is because I don’t have thousands of gold waiting to be spent. The current system is flawed but at least I get to make informed choices at every single step. This system is arbitrary and punishes new players.

I hate gambling period. Don’t like it IRL, don’t like it in games and really don’t like it with loot. As I said previously all other RPG’s that I played had a different mechanic for iding if they had id at all and this just feels bad.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

The only arguments that some might call “good” for this are actually arguments for saving bag space. This specific system is not necessary to save bag space so those arguments don’t mean anything.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Yes it is, especially when I’ll continue to tell everyone how good this system is and explain it to people so they can profit themselves as well. There are those, though, that do not listen or understand and sadly, they are the ones missing out.

No one’s missed out on anything, yet.

Most of this discussion, including your assumption of massive profits accruing to salvagers is nothing but speculation. Many factors could influence profit margins. Lots of people could salvage, and mat prices could tank. ANet could decide they don’t like that and reduce drop rates. Consider that the price of silk has dropped from a high of several silver to below the price for mithril before the latest Legendaries were intro’d.

Alternatively, they could introduce even more massive mat sinks, which might keep profits for sellers high, but might be a negative for people who want what the mat sinks are about.

You can no more predict the future than I can.

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

i like i dont have to play inventory wars anymore

ArcanistSeven.8720

No one’s missed out on anything, yet.

Most of this discussion, including your assumption of massive profits accruing to salvagers is nothing but speculation. Many factors could influence profit margins. Lots of people could salvage, and mat prices could tank. ANet could decide they don’t like that and reduce drop rates. Consider that the price of silk has dropped from a high of several silver to below the price for mithril before the latest Legendaries were intro’d.

Alternatively, they could introduce even more massive mat sinks, which might keep profits for sellers high, but might be a negative for people who want what the mat sinks are about.

You can no more predict the future than I can.

thats also what the demo was for too i highly doubt the drop rates will stay the same when the exp pack hits

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…You can no more predict the future than I can.

Attachments:

Ferelwing.8463

Unless you’re a dev or someone who has been testing it… Then you’re spinning it in a “positive” based on what you think it will give you, but ignoring the negatives is a bit much. Seriously though, telling people they’re “missing out”? Yeah, exactly, they are missing out instantly because newer and new players don’t get to start the content with the same choices that older players do. So yeah, you’re right I will be missing out and not because of how much time I’m going to put into it but because I don’t have the gold to play the way I want to and now I have to grind for gold rather than just play the game for the “content”.

Now if we were talking Karma? I have that in the millions. I have completed the central tyria maps on 4 characters. I have completed the maps in HoT on 3. I have completed the LW3 maps on 2. Karma is something I have a LOT of but gold? Gold requires years of time invested plus the achievements (if I don’t want to grind, which I’ve mentioned I don’t want to grind). So now lucky me, I get to start the new expac at an instant disadvantage. Yep, hard to spin it in a positive, no matter how I look at it.

Posted by: Excellent Name.9574

Excellent Name.9574

Unless you’re a dev or someone who has been testing it… Then you’re spinning it in a “positive” based on what you think it will give you, but ignoring the negatives is a bit much. Seriously though, telling people they’re “missing out”? Yeah, exactly, they are missing out instantly because newer and new players don’t get to start the content with the same choices that older players do. So yeah, you’re right I will be missing out and not because of how much time I’m going to put into it but because I don’t have the gold to play the way I want to and now I have to grind for gold rather than just play the game for the “content”.

Leave him be he is one of those players that claimed nothing was wrong with HoT either and that the tedious, annoying and “challenging” HoT content will boost player base. You can’t argue with self-deception.

Ferelwing.8463

I don’t like the inventory wars either, but I really do think there were better ways than this.

Ferelwing.8463

Leave him be he is one of those players that claimed nothing was wrong with HoT either and that the tedious, annoying and “challenging” HoT content will boost player base. You can’t argue with self-deception.

Ahh, so the Pollyanna type then? I have 5 people in the house to play with me (husband and teen kids). When we got to the HoT maps two quit playing completely and preferred playing games like Scyrim, LoTR Middle Earth etc rather than continuing the HoT maps(for perspective I’ve been playing a year). Their complaint? Dying a ton and not having enough gold to tp. Feeling always underpowered even when at max level. Oh and always being lost because the mini-map was not particularly helpful.

Fast forward to the Demo: They played with the mounts and it looked like they would want to come back and play again (yay, I could finally have 5 people in a team for fractals and dungeons without constantly fighting to convince them that it would be worth it or always lfg) and then I saw the loot issues, immediately I realized their interest would be gone in hours. They didn’t like HoT maps because they didn’t make enough gold to tp when they died and so they sat there waiting for someone to help them or had to log out and wait for me to log in and give them enough cash to tp some place safe. When they realize that to see the loot they’re getting they have to pay, their interest is going byebye and I am not going to put money into the game when I know that’s how it will turn out. This isn’t cynicism this is just knowing I have 2 kids who will absolutely refuse to play if that is the mechanic.

I was going to pre-order 4 deluxe copies after they played the demo and I saw their genuine excitement about the mounts, II’ve already pre-ordered for myself. I liked the idea they could make some changes on characters they had and get the extra slot/level 80 boost but I can’t justify spending that kind of money when I know for a fact they’ll be frustrated and quit within a week. Not being able to see “cool loot” in the beginning won’t be an issue but having to do a heart for the chance and then seeing that it’s going to cost them extra coins to just see if they have cool loot? That will be the end of it, I might be able to get them to limp into 2 weeks or with the promise that there are cooler mounts later but I doubt that will be a real factor. Their very real “I can’t buy anything and now I can’t see my loot without paying for it first” will be the death nell in that plan. So yeah, I’m frustrated, I wanted to play with my kids for a change and plot out getting achievements/going through content and this new “mechanic” pretty much ends it before it begins. I’d probably limp through it (resenting the fact that I am being treated by default badly due to gold generation etc) but my kids? They won’t.

ArcanistSeven.8720

I don’t like the inventory wars either, but I really do think there were better ways than this.

i like this way because my inventory isnt cluttered by masterwork runes or sigils althoght they should have rare unidentified equipment that has a chance of becoming an exotic.

Ferelwing.8463

i like this way because my inventory isnt cluttered by masterwork runes or sigils althoght they should have rare unidentified equipment that has a chance of becoming an exotic.

Imagine if you could have just gotten tokens that you could go to a vendor which would “RNG” it for you and you could just choose to sell from the vendor or break it down with the vendor ie just get the mats? I mean there were other ways this could have worked without the inventory wars continuing and without the “pay to loot” aspect.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The only arguments that some might call “good” for this are actually arguments for saving bag space. This specific system is not necessary to save bag space so those arguments don’t mean anything.

Yeah, if this Unidentified Gear was a bag that you could choose to either salvage or open (for free, whenever, wherever you wanted) then the idea would be largely be heralded as a huge improvement. There would still be the issue that you can’t choose to omit these from the list when you select “salvage all x” on your salvage kits. This means that you can’t just hit “salvage all” as easily if you’re planning on identifying them and is an actual loss of functionality but leaving them out of that list and adding a fourth option to “salvage all containers” would work.

Instead with the way it’s been implemented and with the terminology they’ve chosen the message is that in “PoF you have heart vendors that charge you a fee in order to identify your own unidentified gear”. It feels like you’re being charged to get your “real” equipment, that your “unidentified gear” is basically just a bill that must be paid in order to get the “real” loot (rares, exotics etc) and with the price being charged that “real” loot is probably worth less than what you paid for it.

Ferelwing.8463

Yeah, if this Unidentified Gear was a bag that you could choose to either salvage or open (for free, whenever, wherever you wanted) then the idea would be largely be heralded as a huge improvement. There would still be the issue that you can’t choose to omit these from the list when you select “salvage all x” on your salvage kits. This means that you can’t just hit “salvage all” as easily if you’re planning on identifying them and is an actual loss of functionality but leaving them out of that list and adding a fourth option to “salvage all containers” would work.

Instead with the way it’s been implemented and with the terminology they’ve chosen the message is that in “PoF you have heart vendors that charge you a fee in order to identify your own unidentified gear”. It feels like you’re being charged to get your “real” equipment, that your “unidentified gear” is basically just a bill that must be paid in order to get the “real” loot (rares, exotics etc) and with the price being charged that “real” loot is probably worth less than what you paid for it.

Absolutely agreed!

Pifil.5193

If the perceived value (TP price) of these unidentified whatevers is lower than the minimum sale price there will still be a stack of 200,000 or something similarly ridiculously large for 1c above the minimum sale price on the TP, and there will still be people who buy them (just not as many as people who sell them).

Do they have a merchant value?

Yep, 1s 26c.

Salvaging one will get you 2-25 of a basic crafting material so they are definitely valuable. Well, at the moment they are valuable.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piece_of_Unidentified_Gear

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I’t too late for me I pre-purchased before the demo

You can issue a ticket for a refund; I did, and got my money back.

Speak with your wallet.

(edited by kurfu.5623)

Ferelwing.8463

Speak with your wallet.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and see if this is the actual direction they go… Would I still be able to get a refund if they implement this and I don’t want to play it?

Pifil.5193

Speak with your wallet.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and see if this is the actual direction they go… Would I still be able to get a refund if they implement this and I don’t want to play it?

I think the point of getting a refund now is that you can always buy it again if you like the direction they go with. If they actually change anything, of course.

You should go through customer support for the refund, of course, don’t do a chargeback on your card, that will shut down your account.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I didn’t get a chance to play the Beta, does the new zone have any chests in it? I got the impression that unidentified gear was just a new take on the map-specific chest system that was present on each HoT map.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Pifil.5193

I didn’t get a chance to play the Beta, does the new zone have any chests in it? I got the impression that unidentified gear was just a new take on the map-specific chest system that was present on each HoT map.

Erm, not 100% sure what you mean. There are new chests in the new areas as in new boxes you run up to and use to get loot, these drop from them. They also seem to take the place of the various loot bags like Vine Caches, Mushroom Caches, Recovered Priory Expedition/SCAR/Pale Reaver Chest (which is great).

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Erm, not 100% sure what you mean. There are new chests in the new areas as in new boxes you run up to and use to get loot, these drop from them. They also seem to take the place of the various loot bags like Vine Caches, Mushroom Caches, Recovered Priory Expedition/SCAR/Pale Reaver Chest (which is great).

Does the new map have (for example) Airship Cargo items all over that you can only open with (again, for example) Crowbars?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Pifil.5193

Does the new map have (for example) Airship Cargo items all over that you can only open with (again, for example) Crowbars?

Oh yes, it does, there are traders caches that you need a trade key to open. They don’t seem to contain these unidentified gear items though, they contain trade contracts (new map currency) and chests of basic materials, ingots, bolts, planks etc.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Make UNID’d items (bags) salvagable and rare quality. Colored Champ bags have dropped a variety of rarities since they were put into the game. People could salvage all greens and below, then all rares (if they choose to). Or they could choose to ID the bags, then salvage rares (or whatever). Bag space saved. No cost, no fuss, no need to go to a heart vendor. The only changes to the current system would be the color of the UNID’d and the removal of the cost and inconvenience.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

kurfu.5623

Speak with your wallet.

If you are unsure how you feel about the direction, get your refund now. You can always buy it again later if you change your mind. Speak with your wallet.

Make sure you go through the support page, do not issue a charge-back with your credit card.

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

do we even have confirmation that MF impacts the outcome of identifying gear in the new expansion? It may have 0 effect on it, kinda like it does on everything else in the game….

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

do we even have confirmation that MF impacts the outcome of identifying gear in the new expansion? It may have 0 effect on it, kinda like it does on everything else in the game….

According to the description text in the beta, it is impacted by Magic Find.

Ferelwing.8463

Speak with your wallet.

If you are unsure how you feel about the direction, get your refund now. You can always buy it again later if you change your mind. Speak with your wallet.

Make sure you go through the support page, do not issue a charge-back with your credit card.

I need to think about it a bit… I’m still sort of waiting for them to update us on whether or not this will be added or if they are going to listen….

Pifil.5193

Speak with your wallet.

I need to think about it a bit… I’m still sort of waiting for them to update us on whether or not this will be added or if they are going to listen….

We very rarely get any kind of communication about anything like this so I think you’ll find that out sometime on the 22nd of September.

kurfu.5623

Speak with your wallet.

Don’t rely on them announcing anything on this. If this issue bothers you badly enough, get a refund now, before it’s too late.

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I like the idea since, from what I’ve heard, you can salvage without having to identify AND the unidentified gear will stack with itself. This will cut back on the “hurr, I killed 5 things and now my bags are full” problem. I don’t see the big deal.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I’m fine with Unidentified drops that stack, I’m fine with needing to identify said gear, as long as this is free. It needs to function like Repairs, no costs involved. I can waltz over to a NPC to have things identified, that won’t bother me too much, but if you add a freaking cost to the process, loot becomes unrewarding (again), since you are spending more for identification and salvage than you are likely to earn from a whole lot of the things that shows up in your bags through the process.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Curennos.9307

Curennos.9307

The only issue I have with GW2’s loot system as it is now is the worthless – yet somehow plentiful – sigil thingies I keep getting. Why they would change this for something that seems so inferior to the current design, I cannot fathom.

At a glance, my guess is at follows – It’s not going to save me bag space, it’s not going to save me time, and it certainly isn’t more ‘interesting’. Heck, it might take up even MORE of my time just to figure out what to do with what events and things give me.

This really seems like yet another of GW2’s attempts to do something new and exciting (or old, but brought back because it was supposedly new and good when it was implemented) because….reasons.

Anet, the wheel works already. Stop putting in new wheels and just improve your current wheel ;o; Pls.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

This really seems like yet another of GW2’s attempts to do something new and exciting (or old, but brought back because it was supposedly new and good when it was implemented) because….reasons.

Anet, the wheel works already. Stop putting in new wheels and just improve your current wheel ;o; Pls.

Well said.

Sometimes they make changes just to make changes.

More clicks is a bad thing!!!

SBI

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I like the idea since, from what I’ve heard, you can salvage without having to identify AND the unidentified gear will stack with itself. This will cut back on the “hurr, I killed 5 things and now my bags are full” problem. I don’t see the big deal.

The “deal” appears to be that you can’t tell what the rarity is until you id it, which means missing out on rares and exotics.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

The unid loot includes ALL loot drops including exotics. You right click, salvage all, and just salvaged a pre-cursor you didn’t know about.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]