Upcoming Ascended Gear Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

I am a bit confused about what the purpose of the upcoming additional ascended gear/weapons is supposed to serve.

1. Why does anyone need more AR? Don’t players already get enough from ascended trinkets to get to the FOTM level cap? Has Anet said anything about increasing agony in FOTM or simply introducing it elsewhere?

2. Isn’t this new gear just stuff with slightly better stats than exos, but require 10x the effort/cost to acquire.

3. Will new ascended gear also drop as loot, and if so, will the drop rate be like that for exos, precursors or _?

4. Isn’t this just the kind of gear treadmill Anet claimed to have wanted to avoid?

5. Will this new tier of more powerful gear give an insurmountable advantage to players who are time or cash rich.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

1. Nope, at max you can get to 70, but even then that’s on an all guardian team.
2. Yes it is.
3. It won’t drop
4. Not exactly a threadmill because you don’t need exos to get ascendeds but I still dislike it.
5. Not likely. It’s time gated and account bound, so you can’t skip the trouble if you are rich.

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

They’ve been saying that this was going to be added since they introduced the fractals. This is not new news. The good thing is it’s craftable, but what we don’t know is whether it’s going to be really really hard to get the mats for it. It’s not a gear treadmill if you don’t actually need it to complete anything in pve. If they increase the fractal level or have new boss mobs that use agony, then it might be necessary. They’ve been saying they want more interesting fights. I wonder if this is somehow part of the plan.

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

They’ve been saying that this was going to be added since they introduced the fractals. This is not new news. The good thing is it’s craftable, but what we don’t know is whether it’s going to be really really hard to get the mats for it. It’s not a gear treadmill if you don’t actually need it to complete anything in pve. If they increase the fractal level or have new boss mobs that use agony, then it might be necessary. They’ve been saying they want more interesting fights. I wonder if this is somehow part of the plan.

It’s probably a time sink to keep people in the game.