We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Based on what I know, a lot of players (including myself) have to use a quarter of our inventory to hold second gear sets, food, currency, etc. Please give us bigger bags

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

We don’t need bigger bags, we need better inventory management. Currencies should all go in the wallet. All base and 1st tier refined crafting items should be in mat storage. That would already free up a lot of spaces in most people’s inventories. The rest is just on you

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

We do. Dude, do you not carry extra armor with you? Do you not carry different foods? Do you not carry different tools? Such as extractors, shovels, etc.? There’s too much to carry!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Haha, that’s an interesting topic. I do have inventory issues in all games actually, since i tend to like keeping everything that " seems rare " , but maybe that’s where a part of the problem is.

To me, there are too many different special items from living story or stuff ( example : zephyr maquette, asura book, confessor mask,…) aside of " collector items

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well unl;ess you’re fortunate enough to have a perma bank acces…

In whcih case you’ll have all the foods in a bank tab, and a second one for WVW/fractal potions/ raid KP and other “important stuff”

I have ~140 inventory and ~530 shared slots available on most characters…

so.. I have different visions.. and stuffing my second or thier armor in a bag slot or 2 doesn’t matter… I lose out on 18-36 slots/char at most. and am left with 100-120 or so for the game…

And yes it is difficult without a bank contract, but I have no real problems on my secondary account. You do not need 10 types of food, or low and high grade food.. or wvw blueprints on every character… I also do not have 130 slots on my secondary character. just 6 slots with ~110 space… no secondary armors… just use your chaarcter for the thing you want to use it for…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

In my opinion, having to empty your inventory every now and then is the price you pay for farming. Don’t know if OP farms a lot or not, but it’s often the case people who want bigger bag slots are the ones who spend hours on end doing farm runs.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The next Bag Wars expansion will obviously give us bigger bags.

In my opinion, having to empty your inventory every now and then is the price you pay for farming. Don’t know if OP farms a lot or not, but it’s often the case people who want bigger bag slots are the ones who spend hours on end doing farm runs.

I have all bag slots unlocked with 20 slot bags and I run out of inventory space daily by just playing the game casually with a glass of wine. Clearly you’ve never done a HoT meta event.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We don’t “need” bigger bags. Nearly everyone who runs out of space should invest some time into better inventory management. Adding more slots is almost certainly unlikely to keep them from running out of room in the long run (in the short run: who doesn’t want more space?).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Bags fill up really fast in most big meta events. Box spam in WvW isn’t partciularly entertaining either, plus we also have the disadvantage of needing siege blueprints. PvE’rs also have to content with the plethora of keys that they can’t just stow away plus jade shards and berries and stuff.

Plus bag slots are some of the most expensive upgrades around! No matter how good you are with inventory management, you still have to deal with minor sigils and spikes and whatnot.

This is what my inventory looks like with the junk cleared out, so OP is right I think about using 1/4. This is about optimal for what I do as well. I could probably get it down a few slots by getting rid of a few redundant consumables like the fruitcake but it’s not really going to change matters. Note that I don’t have a lot of stuff like some keys and other random food/crap already, but I can only do that because I have a permanent bank access contract and all the shared slots which isn’t a reasonable thing to ask of most people. Without those, my inventory used to hit around 70’ish before doing anything!

I mean, what is this really? I think it’s already pretty minimal. An additional set of armor, all weapons this character can use, some boosters, food, and blueprints with a few random things to open chests. Selling the Heavy Loot Bags/Heavy Supply bags isn’t really going to help because they’re going to come back so fast anyways so the impact is null. I suppose I could get rid of those 2 crap boosters. It’s not too bad with 160 slots, but it’s pretty awful with 100 slots.

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

On characters with 160 slots I rarely run into issues even while carrying a lot of extra junk like 4 mini ho-ho-trons and foxfire clusters.

On characters with only 85 slots it does feel a bit cramped. Just 10 more slots and it works a lot better.

As long as there is enough space to handle the loot from the AB chests or the Bitterfrost Frontier chests I don’t have much issue. A salvage-o-matic in a shared slot helps a lot for the characters without maxed inventory.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

you have a 40-slot bag? so.. a second bag slot? you want an extra bag slot

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Fluffball.8307

What would you throw away in Archon Wing’s screenshot? The siege because you don’t play WvW? The armor because you only use one set in one game mode? More than half my inventory is full before I even leave LA with stuff I use regularly.

And then the bag within a bag plagues the rest of my experience.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I agree that many of us (me at the head of the line) have inventory issues. For me, though, it’s not the bag size that’s bothering me. What seems clunky and problematic to me is the now familiar process of…

Take item A that drops here and combine it with item B that drops there and make item C which is then used with item K to make food to feed some plant with a special feeder that you carry. Oh…and while this is going on, you have item G that you must use with item X to have a chance to get item Z that might help you make item A.

I rarely jump on these opportunities when the present themselves. Instead, I procrastinate. I keep them in my immediate inventory “just in case.” I’ve been burned a number of times by getting rid of things that I subsequently decided to use. And, yes, I could put it all in the bank (which has maxed out space) but, like any self-respecting lazy player, I have my bank full of junk.

Every six months of so I take a few hours to clean house and it makes a difference. But I would appreciate fewer of the really complex collection/combination/multi-tiered junk fests. Actually, I would prefer that to having more inventory slots.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Clearly you’ve never done a HoT meta event.

Yes I have, I just don’t farm them.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Fluffball.8307

Clearly you’ve never done a HoT meta event.

Yes I have, I just don’t farm them.

Doing a single chain will fill your inventory several times over. That’s not my opinion that’s a fact.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Why should we have to do inventory management at all? I can’t think of a single game reason why I should have to be a part-time accountant to play a game.

If there were a lore reason, I could understand it. But, there’s not.

If there were a game mechanic reason, I could understand it. But, there’s not.

I’m willing to spend a lot of money to get more space. And, until someone can articulate a valid reason why not, I’ll continue to argue for more space.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I agree that many of us (me at the head of the line) have inventory issues. For me, though, it’s not the bag size that’s bothering me. What seems clunky and problematic to me is the now familiar process of…

Take item A that drops here and combine it with item B that drops there and make item C which is then used with item K to make food to feed some plant with a special feeder that you carry. Oh…and while this is going on, you have item G that you must use with item X to have a chance to get item Z that might help you make item A.

I rarely jump on these opportunities when the present themselves. Instead, I procrastinate. I keep them in my immediate inventory “just in case.” I’ve been burned a number of times by getting rid of things that I subsequently decided to use. And, yes, I could put it all in the bank (which has maxed out space) but, like any self-respecting lazy player, I have my bank full of junk.

Every six months of so I take a few hours to clean house and it makes a difference. But I would appreciate fewer of the really complex collection/combination/multi-tiered junk fests. Actually, I would prefer that to having more inventory slots.

I fall in under this, I just fill the bank up with all these items, don’t even know what they do and couple of times a year, try to figure it out while cleaning up.

Funny enough the game Aion had a clever solution for this, it had a own inventory separate from your usual one for all quest items and other relevant stuff like this. So the game stored all of these for you, without taking up any of your usual inventory slots.

If GW2 made something similar to hold all those random stuff drops that might be useful for something down the road (box of light for example) as well as al the LS items and new map currencies (until they got own spot in the wallet) etc.

That would probably help more on item management than anything else.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

ArchonWing.9480

What would you throw away in Archon Wing’s screenshot? The siege because you don’t play WvW? The armor because you only use one set in one game mode? More than half my inventory is full before I even leave LA with stuff I use regularly.

The funny thing is a lot of serious pve’rs would note the lack of dungeon specific potions stuff and multiple redundant weapons with night sigils or whathaveyou. That kind of stuff gives me headaches, and I’ve spent many of my years playing this game trying to think of stuff that doesn’t need to be there.

More casual folks are still going to have instruments, tonics and toys that they would appreciate easy access to. This isn’t even about hoarding. This is about using the expensive toys they paid gems for.

And also note that I’m usually the one to go to people “omg throw that away; how do you even play with 120 slots taken!” And yes, I know of people that keep random story items because one day Anet might remember! I also think it’s a really stupid idea to devote bank tabs storing t7 mats, and hearing people buy tabs for that is pretty cringe.

But yea, with a few exceptions, I can explain fairly easily every single item is there. And if I were to suddenly add 1-2 more builds I wanted to use, then that would suddenly bloat things fast.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

What the what… :o This is my main’s invo.

Attachments:

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Katastroff.1045

The toilet paper roll.

Attachments:

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Bags fill up really fast in most big meta events. Box spam in WvW isn’t partciularly entertaining either, plus we also have the disadvantage of needing siege blueprints. PvE’rs also have to content with the plethora of keys that they can’t just stow away plus jade shards and berries and stuff.

Plus bag slots are some of the most expensive upgrades around! No matter how good you are with inventory management, you still have to deal with minor sigils and spikes and whatnot.

This is what my inventory looks like with the junk cleared out, so OP is right I think about using 1/4. This is about optimal for what I do as well. I could probably get it down a few slots by getting rid of a few redundant consumables like the fruitcake but it’s not really going to change matters. Note that I don’t have a lot of stuff like some keys and other random food/crap already, but I can only do that because I have a permanent bank access contract and all the shared slots which isn’t a reasonable thing to ask of most people. Without those, my inventory used to hit around 70’ish before doing anything!

I mean, what is this really? I think it’s already pretty minimal. An additional set of armor, all weapons this character can use, some boosters, food, and blueprints with a few random things to open chests. Selling the Heavy Loot Bags/Heavy Supply bags isn’t really going to help because they’re going to come back so fast anyways so the impact is null. I suppose I could get rid of those 2 crap boosters. It’s not too bad with 160 slots, but it’s pretty awful with 100 slots.

Let’s see, from top to bottom:

- some of the buff food (get either some best buff or second best. more than sufficient. don’t hoard food buffs you will never use)

- definately the xp booster (if you aren’t capped, use those when you decide to run some meta event or high xp activity)

- that birthday gun sure seems useful – not (and yes, there are some fancy things you can do with it. it’s not needed though)

- all the wvw siege (unless you are actually commanding, in which case: yes you do need those) in general commanders don’t like random wvw siege being droped

- toilet paper

- black lion salvage kit. the amount of things you would salvage with this make it more than acceptable to have it in your bank. Then again you are missing a mystic one so 1for1 I guess

- more useless boosters, food buffs, baloons, etc.

Yeah sorry but there is quite a lot of stuff you could easily bank or even get rid of without you ever noticing a decrease in gaming quality or performance.

If you want a setup of how to inventory manage, here is mine:
Bag slot —-————— Purpose
1.) Starter Backpack – stays empty, loot goes here (crafting mats, blues, etc.)
2.) 20 slot normal – more loot goes here
3.) 20 fractal uncom – green loot goes here
4.) 20 fractal uncom – more green loot
5.) 20 fractal uncom – yet even more grren loot (replace this one for a 20 slot invis
at the end if required or any other bag type as need be. adjust
slots accordingly)
6.) 20 fractal rare – rare loot goes here
7.) 20 fractal exotic – you guessed it, exotic loot goes here
8.) 20 invis – anything I carry around, extra gear, consumables, etc.

Benefit of organising the other way around is: your new loot will pile up at the beginning and by it being preorganised via rarity bags you have an instant overview where and what to salvage. Now granted this is quite fractal relic expensive. You can exchange the fractal uncommon bags for normal 20 slot bags or invisible bags as need be.

Shared inventory slots should prioritise as follows:
- 1st one gets the copper-fed (to valuable of a utility increase)
- 2nd one gets a permanent royal terrace pass or similar
- 3rd Inifnite Mist Omnipotion (if the player runs fractals)
- 4th gets the silver-fed or a Mystic Salavage kit

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Katastroff.1045

Seriously, i do chest run in the north pole (AKA Butterfrost frontier) and i get filled up pretty quick, but with a couple of shot of salvage kit, a few hits on the Godly and mighty ‘’DEPOSIT ALL MATERIALS’’ button, I’m all ready for another run.

This is a game and taking 30 sec to clean up your bags is not gonna deprave some poor little hungry orphans from their meals.

(edited by Katastroff.1045)

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

ArchonWing.9480

Let’s see, from top to bottom:

- some of the buff food (get either some best buff or second best. more than sufficient. don’t hoard food buffs you will never use)

Actually I do use all of them. It’s not needed to use the most expensive food all the time. Sometimes, low tier food helps

- definately the xp booster (if you aren’t capped, use those when you decide to run some meta event or high xp activity)

Sure. I think I mentioned it above.

- that birthday gun sure seems useful – not (and yes, there are some fancy things you can do with it. it’s not needed though)

Not needed yes, but being soulbound and all, it’s pretty useless to stuff it in the bank. Good enough to help people with the buffs. I don’t need it that much.

- all the wvw siege (unless you are actually commanding, in which case: yes you do need those) in general commanders don’t like random wvw siege being droped

And if I’m not in a zerg? If even the commander disconnects? See this is the sketchy thing about telling people what they need.

- toilet paper

Yes! I’m glad people caught that. That’s just for fun.

-black lion salvage kit. the amount of things you would salvage with this make it more than acceptable to have it in your bank. Then again you are missing a mystic one so 1for1 I guess

I have a silver fed kit already.

Celebratory boosters are useless?

And even if you should clear all the food and boosters from my inventory, that should be about around 40 slots, which is about the 1/4 OP was talking about. In the end it’s sort of details.

Anyhow, as for the rest, I just use “salvage all” and send the champ bags to the bank. For the most part I don’t even need to look at the bottom half of the inventory anyways.

I personally don’t have inventory issues, but not everyone has all those things like max bag slots and salvage kits or not, so while you can definitely say I could save a few more spaces, I can see why it’s trouble for some. For example, I have a bank express so I can just pull out the LS3 map scrolls and eaters on demand. For other people it can really impede them if they don’t have easy access to those things.

I mean, let’s bring this issue away from my personal habits for a second. There has simply been a need for more space since the game’s release. Things like keys, tokens, and whatnot, as well as the loot rain style that has happened in the form of boxes everywhere. Meanwhile, while bank storage capacity has increased, character space hasn’t.

Perhaps the tone of the thread isn’t really we NEED bag space, but rather some people want more space. I mean, we didn’t NEED “Salvage all” either, but I doubt there are people that would want to do away with it.

Here’s my rev with a significantly cleaner inventory. Those manga pies are sorta crap, but given they came free with the level 80 boost, I’ve been mostly using them up.

Attachments:

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Actually I do use all of them. It’s not needed to use the most expensive food all the time. Sometimes, low tier food helps

That’s convenience. You are essentially deciding to save a couple of silver by taking so much buff food with you. Essentially you value those couple of silver more than your bag space. Doesn’t change that so much food is not needed.

Fair enough.

Not needed yes, but being soulbound and all, it’s pretty useless to stuff it in the bank. Good enough to help people with the buffs. I don’t need it that much.

Yes it’s soulbound and can easily be destroyed. The merchant in LA will happily restore it for you should you ever decide to need one again.

And if I’m not in a zerg?

Then keep the rams and maybe the arrow carts. How many small scale non-commander siege do you usually put up? But sure, keep it then, that Permanent Portable Provisioneer is just for show after all right?

-black lion salvage kit. the amount of things you would salvage with this make it more than acceptable to have it in your bank. Then again you are missing a mystic one so 1for1 I guess

Even more of a reason to leave the BLSK at home.

Sure they are. They stack in duration up to multiple days so if you want to have the buff up you can use them every couple of hours.

They are long enough to pre use them inbetween salvage and inventory management stops.

Again, I could care less of how people manage or play the game their way. Whenever I read people complaining about not having enough space with potentially 160 inventory slots (excluding shared inventory) I know exactly what 80% of that used inventory space will be full of:

- oh I might need this later, better take it along all the time
or
- oh I absolutely NEED this item

Here is some advice a friend once told me: if something in my clothes closet is not getting used at least 1nce within 2 years, I remove it.

The same reasoning can be applied here too.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Somehow.4769

Somehow.4769

Octovine pre-events + event + exalted chests is roughly 100 slots of loots.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

ArchonWing.9480

That’s convenience. You are essentially deciding to save a couple of silver by taking so much buff food with you. Essentially you value those couple of silver more than your bag space. Doesn’t change that so much food is not needed.

Well, actually some of the foods are worth more than a few silver. Yea, I gather that food itself is optional, and I don’t need to do it. But there’s a certain reasoning to it, and I’m not filling my inventory just because I am super paranoid in the once in a blue moon chance I might need something. I find the life steal ice cream extraordinary helpful in cases across PvE/WvW where I would have died normally or just kill something faster.

But beyond that, there’s some food that’s just better in different situations. For example anti-condi food is good in zergs in WvW, but it’s not really good anywhere else.

Yes it’s soulbound and can easily be destroyed. The merchant in LA will happily restore it for you should you ever decide to need one again.

That’s actually nice to know.

Then keep the rams and maybe the arrow carts. How many small scale non-commander siege do you usually put up? But sure, keep it then, that Permanent Portable Provisioneer is just for show after all right?

I put up enough, since I can solo towers, but company is always better. The Provisioner is great— this is why I don’t carry siege I don’t use much such as trebs. However, with more common siege, not only is it more convenient to have it there but having to fiddle with my inventory for a few seconds can and will get me killed.

Even more of a reason to leave the BLSK at home.[/quote]

They don’t do the same thing though. The BLSK is to remove exotic sigils. Granted that’s kind of a dying art these days due to the devaluing of sigils.

Sure they are. They stack in duration up to multiple days so if you want to have the buff up you can use them every couple of hours.

I don’t have that many, I think.

Again, I could care less of how people manage or play the game their way. Whenever I read people complaining about not having enough space with potentially 160 inventory slots (excluding shared inventory) I know exactly what 80% of that used inventory space will be full of:

- oh I might need this later, better take it along all the time
or
- oh I absolutely NEED this item

Fair enough, though I find in most those cases, people are simply thoughtlessly putting things in without really an idea of this inevitable situation to begin with. It’s more like they get something and don’t know what to do with it.

In my case, I think I could do without many of these things. But I don’t think it’d be as good.

Here is some advice a friend once told me: if something in my clothes closet is not getting used at least 1nce within 2 years, I remove it.

The same reasoning can be applied here too.

That’s actually really good advice.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I’ve said this before, but if you think or want more inventory space, then that’s exactly what you need.

I get sick and tired of some that say just manage your inventory better. Sure I could get rid of all kinds of stuff and have plenty of room. That’s not the point.

There are literally 100’s of things that may not be necessary to carry around, but on the other hand, can be fun if not advantageous to have.

At the very least, give us all a permanent bank access tab to pull stuff out of storage anywhere we are.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The fundamental problem with just making bags bigger is that eventually people are going to fill them up too, and demand even bigger bags. And it all comes down to inventory management.

There are people going back and forth in this thread about what is and isn’t essential, but I can guarantee that even if we had 40 slot bags, there would be a similar argument after people got used to being able to carry twice as much kitten in their bags. Then even more items would be considered “essential” to always carry around. Its all a matter of convenience.

Yes, there are a lot of things Anet could do to help (all currencies in the wallet, all crafting mats in mat storage, tonic/toy wardrobe etc….), but making bag sizes bigger won’t fix the inventory management problem.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

ArchonWing.9480

The fundamental problem with just making bags bigger is that eventually people are going to fill them up too, and demand even bigger bags. And it all comes down to inventory management.

There are people going back and forth in this thread about what is and isn’t essential, but I can guarantee that even if we had 40 slot bags, there would be a similar argument after people got used to being able to carry twice as much kitten in their bags. Then even more items would be considered “essential” to always carry around. Its all a matter of convenience.

Yes, there are a lot of things Anet could do to help (all currencies in the wallet, all crafting mats in mat storage, tonic/toy wardrobe etc….), but making bag sizes bigger won’t fix the inventory management problem.

Of course, someone will complain no matter what, but I don’t think those people should be considered in any legitimate discussion. There are people that will be able to intelligently make use of whatever new space they have.

I mean what’s there to really lose? Let’s say instead, they pick the better alternative of making us able to have 10 bags (so 200 max). They might make more gem sales, and some people might be made happier. The people that can’t manage their inventory will remain unhappy, but that’s nothing lost since they’d be unhappy anyways. Who would it really kitten off? People that are really proud of inventory management? There might be technical issues with the matter, but that is something that only Anet can decide.

I do think people shouldn’t be phrasing things as “need”, since reality dictates you don’t really need much in a video game, but wants can and will drive things.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We each make individual choices about what we consider essential, useful, or unnecessary. It hardly matters if any of us agree with ArchonWing’s choices, as long as ArchonWing agrees with them.

The question is whether the game needs to support people carrying everything with them or not. Clearly, ANet’s answer is “no” — the game expects us to make choices about skills & traits; this is hardly different.

The follow-up is therefore: how many items should we be able to carry with us? Currently, that limit is 177 = 8 bags of 20 slots + 17 shared inventory slots.

Surely, that’s enough for anyone who doesn’t regularly swap entire sets of armor via their bank.

So we can restate the issue as: should the game make it easy to swap entire sets of armor without the inconvenience of visiting the bank?

Again, I’ll be first in line to purchase more slots; I can always use more space. However, I think the game already has one of the most generous limits, especially considering how convenient it is to get to a bank, merchant and especially since we have salvage-all and deposit-all.

I think nearly everyone who thinks they need more slots would actually be better served by spending a little time learning faster/easier/more-efficient inventory management. Like any other skill, some people pick it up easily and some people need some training.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

ok I’ll say a little more….if I’m willing to pay for 1000 slots for my inventory, why should anyone care?

If people are willing to pay for extra slots….let them have it. I hurts no one, and it makes many happy as well as pouring money into the game so they can spend money to improve the game.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

We need bad expansions to cost a little more and be account-wide, IMO.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

ArchonWing.9480

We each make individual choices about what we consider essential, useful, or unnecessary. It hardly matters if any of us agree with ArchonWing’s choices, as long as ArchonWing agrees with them.

The question is whether the game needs to support people carrying everything with them or not. Clearly, ANet’s answer is “no” — the game expects us to make choices about skills & traits; this is hardly different.

The follow-up is therefore: how many items should we be able to carry with us? Currently, that limit is 177 = 8 bags of 20 slots + 17 shared inventory slots.

Surely, that’s enough for anyone who doesn’t regularly swap entire sets of armor via their bank.

So we can restate the issue as: should the game make it easy to swap entire sets of armor without the inconvenience of visiting the bank?

Again, I’ll be first in line to purchase more slots; I can always use more space. However, I think the game already has one of the most generous limits, especially considering how convenient it is to get to a bank, merchant and especially since we have salvage-all and deposit-all.

I think nearly everyone who thinks they need more slots would actually be better served by spending a little time learning faster/easier/more-efficient inventory management. Like any other skill, some people pick it up easily and some people need some training.

Well, the way I see it, the game has changed over time, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think certain things don’t have to be sacred. I mean, look at bank tabs for example, which have been growing over time. I think they’ve seen a need for people to carry more crap even though I really feel that there’s no real need to store 14 tabs worth of crap unless you’re really into speculating stuff. And even that is dubious in many cases." So I have 10000 mithril that tripled in price! That’s…. 100 more gold. Yea…"

No doubt people would be better off simply learning to play the game, and it’s something I actively encourage instead of , heh, complaining but I do see where people are coming from. Shared Inventory Slots are very expensive, and bag slots being bound to a single character also make it quite the expensive proposition.

And convenience for the sake of a want, not a need, has long been a thing in the gem store. I bought the node pack as it was on sale lately and also got the winterberry bush, so I can easily do the gatherer daily from town. Do I really need that to do a gatherer daily? No, I wouldn’t even recommend doing such a thing to anyone. But it’s just nice to have.

So I think it’s just better to talk in terms of QoL rather than in-game efficiency since while these complaints definitely overlap with these things, there are also situations which it really doesn’t as Tom.6478 has brought up.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If they are going to do anything it would be increasing the limit on the number of bag slots. Less work AND more profit.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

we need anet to stop giving us chests in chests

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Chingiz.9167

Chingiz.9167

we need anet to stop giving us chests in chests

It saves space. A lot of space.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

And they need to stop tossing us random crap with the LW episodes. Bitterfrost Frontier is my favorite map currently but I bloody hate the fact that in order to do stuff on the map, there’s otherwise completely useless items I need in my inventory for it. 3 pieces of Svanir armor, 3 elixir ingredients + the one that’s actually useful.

And when you start counting the stuff from other episodes, you suddenly realize how much space they take and you can’t get rid of them.

I think we need all of the above, 30 slot bags, account-wide bag slot expansions, a keyring, etc.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I would pay for 30-40 bag slots

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

I think it’d be really neat is there were ascended bags we could craft similar to the process is for gear/weapons but tailored to bags for 25 slots and then maybe have a legendary bag that is as in depth as making a legendary weapon but for bags. The perk would be 25 (maybe bump it up to 30) slots and you could change the type of bag whenever you wanted. Like have it invisible while you have a few pieces of gear during a run and then switch it back to a normal bag when you put your gear back into your bank after said run. Like just click on the left side bag icon in your inventory and have a drop down menu of all the types of bags and you can change it on the fly that way. Always thought that it’d be a neat something to go for. Not sure how practical for anet to put time into making it would be but think it could be pretty fun to do as a player.

Note. The numbers are just place holder, more my idea that I’m putting out there so don’t get hung up on that.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

A quarter, lol… what are you, a peasant?!

I always have 50-70 slots taken up out of 110-140 on all of my characters. And maybe 10 slots left out of 6 or 7 bank tabs or whatever it is I have.

I have only a quarter of my inventory permanently filled because any time I want a new gear set I shell out a little gold for a character slot. peasant. hmph. a mere 6 or 7 bank tabs is peasantry! l0l

…but idk where I’d be without salvage all and deposit all and 3 material tab expansions (..prolly in the peasant gutter)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

I take issues with these two points. You obviously don’t know much about roaming or you’d know the catapults are the most useful tool for roaming and taking objectives with small numbers. Especially guild catapults as they can be built with only two.

Also xp boosters give +50% to reward tracks for 2 hours…why the hell would he use those on xp when he can get loot with them? Xp boosters used on xp which is the easiest thing to get in this game are wasted.

(edited by Fremtid.3528)

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Muy.3170

Muy.3170

What the what… :o This is my main’s invo.

If you enjoy 1 build and 1 build only. If you have 4 alternative characters with names such as, Fractal Hoarding, Map Hoarding, Ascended Mat Man, and Mr. Currency or Living World. Then of course, you’ve mastered the horrible inventory guide that gw2 gives you! Haha. GJ keeping things clean.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Muy.3170

Muy.3170

I seriously would at least like to be able to craft 50 slot bags with ascended mats. It’d feel awesome to finally remove the 20 slot we start with!

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Why should we have to do inventory management at all? I can’t think of a single game reason why I should have to be a part-time accountant to play a game.

If there were a lore reason, I could understand it. But, there’s not.

If there were a game mechanic reason, I could understand it. But, there’s not.

I’m willing to spend a lot of money to get more space. And, until someone can articulate a valid reason why not, I’ll continue to argue for more space.

You should do inventory management because you have an inventory that you put crap in. There’s a game mechanic reason, it’s called F to loot or autoloot. That stuff you pick up? It goes in your inventory… you know, the one that you are responsible for? If you don’t want to manage it, don’t loot.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

A key ring, and making blood rubies, petrified wood, jade shards, winterberries (and any other upcoming map currencies) mats, like crystalline ore. Also, tokens like stolen exalted research notes and chak eggs being currencies would be nice.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Bigger bags is a bandaid. The fix would be:

• Not spamming us with crazy amounts of green and blue items.
  • Drop cash, directly.
  • Drop crafting mats, directly.
  • That’s it. Done.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

How many other games have you all played? Every game that I have played has always had an inventory “problem”. Gamers have been complaining about inventory issues since games have been played. Including the old DnD paper and pencil games way before we could play MMO’s on computers.

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Wuffy.9732

Wuffy.9732

We don’t need that many bag space… You can already hold like, 80+ things without shared inventory, and that already sounds unrealistic for a real person to do. What do you want to be, some sort of walking artillery fortress?

We NEED 30-40 Slot Bags

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

How many other games have you all played? Every game that I have played has always had an inventory “problem”.

EQ1, DAoC, WoW, WildStar.

None of which had inventory issues of this type. That is because these other games did not constantly spam you with non-stacking items for no other reason that to waste your time and tendons later because you have to post-process all of them.

Either they gave significantly less items to begin with, or their drops were directly done as crafting mats and vendor trash (with a mass-sell option).

Worked. Fine, I might add. And then came GW2, with it’s addiction to salvaging things. Which at first seemed fine, make a Centaur with a Halberd actually drop that halberd, and since I probably don’t need that but it’s lore-wise cool that he drops it, I can then salvage it for crafting mats I can use.

Only… that’s not how it ended up. If that were all there is to, that’d still be fine. But I also have to dort items I cannot salvage, sort trash after salvage, use up luck, bank items, sell sigils, etc. And together, there is just an insane amount of time spent on this process.

Instead of filling my inventory with dropped crafting mats. Which would be fine.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.