What GW2 race would you create?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arcangel the Reaper.9418

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

This isn’t your typical “I want blah blah race because they’re cool and already in game.” We all want a new playable race and people are always throwing out already developed races: Tengu, Kodan, Largos, Quaggan, Skritt, etc etc etc.

ANET created a really unique world and as such doesn’t need to be bound to the standard Orc, Elf, Goblin criteria of fantasy. As such, I was wondering what people thought were cool cultural creatures that maybe hadn’t been developed yet that they would like to see brought into the game?

Use your creativity, I’m want to see what people can come up with that isn’t already in GW2.

I’ll go first:

Hearth/Pyris

I would like to see some sort of ember/fire race that isn’t like a fire elemental. They’re built more like humans…made of lava…dipped into water. Instead of the bioluminescent glow that Sylvari have at night, there would be cracks in their skin where you can see fire (and choose the color in the in character creation). Then make their hair very whispy, like flames or smoke. Make them similar to Charr in that they fight standing up but they run on all fours. They should look fairly sinister in nature…there aren’t really any races that are super intimidating (sans some Charr).

Their cultural home city would be in the Ring of Fire, maybe in Abbaddon’s Mouth possibly hinting that they are some lineage from Titans from the first game. This could lead to a whole different Living World chain that leads to looking for the gods and seeing why they brought this race to the world.

They could enter into the game through Living World as some ally against the dragons. Maybe they saw the chaos and wanted to help? Or they saw it as an opportunity to take some land from those who live in Tyria while removing the dragons at the same time. Are they good? Are they evil?

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Glaustian

They were born from the essence of Glint when she was killed.
They are largely humanoid in form but have crystalline scars over their skin and glowing eyes. Their bodies have slight deformities in the shape of crystal structures but these vary from Glaustian to Glaustian. They each have a small part of Glint within them and this gives them their life force.
Their cultural home would be in the Crystal Desert. I envisage an underground crystalline cave, much like glints lair except less bright and colourful. Their structures made from rock and crystal hybrid. At the centre would lie a giant crystal formation where Glaustians would meet and make important decisions for their race.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

Glaustian

They are largely humanoid in form but have crystalline scars over their skin and glowing eyes. Their bodies have slight deformities in the shape of crystal structures but these vary from Glaustian to Glaustian. They each have a small part of Glint within them and this gives them their life force.
Their cultural home would be in the Crystal Desert. I envisage an underground crystalline cave, much like glints lair except less bright and colourful. Their structures made from rock and crystal hybrid. At the centre would lie a giant crystal formation where Glaustians would meet and make important decisions for their race.

This is a really cool concept. I almost envision them as similar to Branded but friendly (and a lot better looking) because they embody the essence of Glint.

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Glaustian

This is a really cool concept. I almost envision them as similar to Branded but friendly (and a lot better looking) because they embody the essence of Glint.

Thats sort of what I was thinking reading this. The branded were corrupted purposefully by Kralkatoric, What if the Glaustian were victim of circumstance due to the presence of released magic when Glint died either as an animation of essence or more like a sort of positive “corruption” to a remnant of humans that had been living in other caves nearby. Since Glint was a champion of Kralkatoric and, according to Ogden, well on her way to becoming an elder dragon herself, similar things may happen. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Crystal_Desert

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

good thread here

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I don’t really have any ideas to share right now, but I love this thread.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Obsidian Gnome. It just popped into my head, I have neither thought this through or come up with a lore reason for them to exist- maybe in the morning!!

Good thread though, like the pyre race particularly. I imagine them to be friends to the Obsidian Gnome…

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

Glaustian

10/10, would buy, always wanted to play as a “corrupted” race. maybe if they have a “dragon corruption can be cured” thing happen, we can play as icebrood too, think icebrood norn looked pretty kitten

Fix what you have before you build something new

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

Obsidian Gnome. It just popped into my head, I have neither thought this through or come up with a lore reason for them to exist- maybe in the morning!!

Good thread though, like the pyre race particularly. I imagine them to be friends to the Obsidian Gnome…

I do like the idea of some sort of underground race where you can change the skin tone between stone types. It would be pretty easy to bring them in too with Mordremoth rising. When Primordus rose it pushed the Asura to the surface and Mordremoth could do the same with some other race. Like it!

Glaustian

10/10, would buy, always wanted to play as a “corrupted” race. maybe if they have a “dragon corruption can be cured” thing happen, we can play as icebrood too, think icebrood norn looked pretty kitten

I have always liked the idea of playing as some form of dragon corruption. Whether it would be an addition to any of the already present races (ie you can select corrupted at the character creation screen under human, charr, asura, etc.) or an entirely unique race of corrupted where you choose your corruption type (Dragon you follow) and race you were previously. Could be fun and also great for the RPers.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Golems.

Different body types for different models (D-Series, 7-Series, Siege, Watchwork, etc.), decal patterns (racing stripes!), and various accessories (antennas, horns, wires, etc.) for the head. Weapons will be mounted on the forearms instead of held and armors will just add distinctive plates/panels to their respective regions.

No good reason for suggesting golems, just the idea of a D-Series Mesmer amuses me.

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

Golems.

Different body types for different models (D-Series, 7-Series, Siege, Watchwork, etc.), decal patterns (racing stripes!), and various accessories (antennas, horns, wires, etc.) for the head. Weapons will be mounted on the forearms instead of held and armors will just add distinctive plates/panels to their respective regions.

No good reason for suggesting golems, just the idea of a D-Series Mesmer amuses me.

That would be interesting. A result of another Great Golem Uprising? That could be a result of Inquest tampering. Where would you think the Golem Cultural home would be?

Randulf.7614

I do like the idea of some sort of underground race where you can change the skin tone between stone types. It would be pretty easy to bring them in too with Mordremoth rising. When Primordus rose it pushed the Asura to the surface and Mordremoth could do the same with some other race. Like it!

I was thinking maybe a distant ancestral relation to dwarves, yet in a distant part of Tyria. Maybe brought out by Primordus, but would also be a previously unknown race with knowledge of earlier Dragon rises.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

If we ever revisit Elona, I would totally swoon if Arenanet decided to add an Anubis-like race.

Complete with the ability to wield polearm weapon types.

Attachments:

Randulf.7614

If we ever revisit Elona, I would totally swoon if Arenanet decided to add an Anubis-like race.

That would be awesome.

I also like these, but perhaps more as a foe
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:%22Tannecks%22_concept_art.jpg

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I would love Tengu and Largos but lost faith in you know who.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Golems.

That would be interesting. A result of another Great Golem Uprising? That could be a result of Inquest tampering. Where would you think the Golem Cultural home would be?

Well, wasn’t a serious suggestion, but they have the convenience of being able to have a cultural home pretty much anywhere with the simple handwave of “abandoned Inquest research facility”. Given how eager the Inquest are at working with criminals/outside legal boundaries, they could have bypassed blockades and established facilities beyond the Silverwastes or Crystal Desert.

Or pretty much anywhere they could reach by accessing one of the old (still functional) Asura gates, provided they were willing to brave the destroyers.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I would pay for a race change, and forgo armor appearance below the waist to play a Centaur.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Centaur

JQ Druid

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i can see it now, magical upright jackals invade the god hating magic fearing upright cats.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

While we already have something like it in the way of summons and monsters…

I would like to play an Elemental race.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: ElBuenDavs.3689

ElBuenDavs.3689

I would like to be a Margonite. Seeing how, once Kormir became a God, many Margonite went under her wing. Being the personal story revolving on them doing there best or being what is putting at a certain hold Palawa Joko.

Plus it would be cool to see more land from the Realm of Torment and think of the wing like back we could have :P

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

Gelatinous Cubes

The fact that their name is exactly the same length as this forum’s word filter proves that it was meant to be!

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

I would like to be a Margonite. Seeing how, once Kormir became a God, many Margonite went under her wing. Being the personal story revolving on them doing there best or being what is putting at a certain hold Palawa Joko.

Plus it would be cool to see more land from the Realm of Torment and think of the wing like back we could have :P

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Margonite again. They were definitely a great race and it would be interesting seeing them brought back as an ally. It could be seen as a way the gods are responding the dragon threat without completely getting involved.

Gelatinous Cubes

The fact that their name is exactly the same length as this forum’s word filter proves that it was meant to be!

I can see the cultural skills now.
Block. Block. Block more→Block again. Block→Counter block. Transform Block.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The only 2 known Lore based Races I’d love to see ever getting playable are:

• Tengus
  • Largos (after a Redesign)
    ——-

As of a complete new Race that I would create.

I really would love to have something in GW2, that feels like a mixture of those races:

Mi’ qote
http://ffxivrealm.com/attachments/81-jpg.2693/

Viera
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080307211249/finalfantasy2/de/images/4/4f/Viera_FFXII.jpg

Aurin
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/023/6/c/aurin_by_playfurry-d73g0nv.jpg

I think GW2 needs something similar, a race, that feels like a bestiary hybrid between Human and Charr, but more humanoid, just subtle charr influnce, bigger than Asura, smaller than Human, very strong Inca/Mayan influence (Hylek are already Aztec Influence I think), so that they fit perfectly story wise as a new race, thats living very deeply hidden in the Maguuma Jungle in a place, that has never been explored before deep in the Magus Falls Region, where their Starting Town would be, it could also be nearer to the Maguuma Waste,.
this race could use maybe the place, that was once the Henge of Denravi, which could be reused to turn in into this Race’s Hometown maybe under a new name by now.

I think GW2 needs some kind of tribal race, which comes over as very intelligent, (definetely more intelligent and tribal, than the hylek, but are in their complete nature, far more ferocious, like the char, but in their essence more natural and not so war/technology driven, like the Charr, but make this weakness easily up by being alot faster, more elegant and swift in all their moves with beign able to use powers to manipulate the nature in a kind of shamanic way as they are able to feel the nature’s energy. It flows through their body (Chakra) and its the source of their supernatural powers.

I think there is still alot of space and potential for ANet to make a unique “Beast Hybrid” race, that is far more natural and not technological ,liek the Charr, which comes together with a unique lore and behaviour as like also fashion style ect. that makes them feel completely different, than those 3 examples I listed above while still providing certain race design key elements to make that race look very much ferocious and tribal, while also coming over a bit “cute” in their own way, whilst givign the game also a nice race, that lies in their body size between Humans and Asuras, which I think is missing.

This is also a nice design I’d use as inspiration for theat Race
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/110/0/0/thunder_cats_by_jesonite-d3ef1a1.jpg

Love the Design of Cheetara from the Thundercats Remake and comes close as a good fundamental base as of what I’d take as basic design for a female of that race
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/238/3/5/35e445ae7b23dfdaa9b9a5bfe945bac3-d47xygr.jpg.

I’ll make up a better concept about this with more descriptions

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I’d personally make a reptilian race. Like an evolutionary offshoot of the Forgotten, but are more like lizards than snakes.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

ELIN!

/134819chars

Attachments:

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

just to clarify for those confused, Margonites were just Humans that followed Abaddon.

they later became the demonic horrors after being cast into the realm of torment with their god..

That aside, I would love to see some more Non-Human Races added to Gw2.

Kinda tired of seeing 3 of the 5 wear the exact same armors in the exact same way..

Great places to go would be Primordials (the rulers of the elementals, imagination is the only limitation for ways to have these types of races look. floating rocks or ice etc..)

Or perhaps go with something fun and have something called the Mist Forged. Deity or maybe crystalline and fog like beings that come from a realm woven deep into the mists. eerily beautiful and yet still inside of that uncanny valley of creepy..

Or just for funzies, use the forgotten or some other elder race that survived the dragons, i wouldn’t mind those either…

as long as its not human and doesn’t share the bloody friggen armor patterns..

PS: I’m still irritated that i cannot tell a Sylvari from a Norn at a glance, i have to stop and zoom in on it.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

-Clipped for Length-

Mi’ qote
http://ffxivrealm.com/attachments/81-jpg.2693/

Viera
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080307211249/finalfantasy2/de/images/4/4f/Viera_FFXII.jpg

Aurin
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/023/6/c/aurin_by_playfurry-d73g0nv.jpg

I think GW2 needs something similar, a race, that feels like a bestiary hybrid between Human and Charr, but more humanoid, just subtle charr influnce, bigger than Asura, smaller than Human, very strong Inca/Mayan influence (Hylek are already Aztec Influence I think), so that they fit perfectly story wise as a new race, thats living very deeply hidden in the Maguuma Jungle in a place, that has never been explored before deep in the Magus Falls Region, where their Starting Town would be, it could also be nearer to the Maguuma Waste,.
this race could use maybe the place, that was once the Henge of Denravi, which could be reused to turn in into this Race’s Hometown maybe under a new name by now.

I definitely like that idea. I agree that there should be more hybrid races that we could choose from. There is a lot of opportunity in other continents to create them too. Some sort of “Thundercat” race could be created in the Northern part of Elona. I almost envision them more like a fennec fox with the large ears to help with releasing heat and catching prey. I think they would be an awesome race to play as!

I’d personally make a reptilian race. Like an evolutionary offshoot of the Forgotten, but are more like lizards than snakes.

Yes! For some reason I think of the Lizalfos from Legend of Zelda.

-clipped for length-
Or perhaps go with something fun and have something called the Mist Forged. Deity or maybe crystalline and fog like beings that come from a realm woven deep into the mists. eerily beautiful and yet still inside of that uncanny valley of creepy..

Or just for funzies, use the forgotten or some other elder race that survived the dragons, i wouldn’t mind those either…

as long as its not human and doesn’t share the bloody friggen armor patterns..

PS: I’m still irritated that i cannot tell a Sylvari from a Norn at a glance, i have to stop and zoom in on it.

I really like the idea of the Mist Forged race. Zommoros is sick and tired of our kitten!

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I would love to see a break-away “race” of the Risen. Kind of like the undead in WoW. You would still choose a race (Human, Charr, etc) but the cut-scene after character creation would show you being killed, then being made “risen” – but by a breakaway faction no longer under the Dragon’s control. Your first “quest/mission” would be to make contact with the other races – depending on your starting race: a Risen Charr would need to make contact with the Charr, etc. I think that would be fun.

The racial elite skills would be interesting to develop too.

But, then again, I know nothing of the lore, really, in this or in GW1, so perhaps that would not fit into it very well.

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

I would love to see a break-away “race” of the Risen. Kind of like the undead in WoW. You would still choose a race (Human, Charr, etc) but the cut-scene after character creation would show you being killed, then being made “risen” – but by a breakaway faction no longer under the Dragon’s control. Your first “quest/mission” would be to make contact with the other races – depending on your starting race: a Risen Charr would need to make contact with the Charr, etc. I think that would be fun.

The racial elite skills would be interesting to develop too.

But, then again, I know nothing of the lore, really, in this or in GW1, so perhaps that would not fit into it very well.

Well eventually if we make it to Elona, we would have to face Palawa Joko, the undead desert king. I would assume that if we were going to have an undead race it would probably be with them and we would get mummies, undead, and all that goodness. I like the idea of having some sort of dragon renegade faction though with all sorts of options (Risen, Branded, Mordrem, etc).

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well we’ve got cat people, rat people, bird people, snake people, ape people and frog people (just off the top of my head) so we certainly don’t need more animal hybrids. Actually this is not that easy… or maybe I’m not very imaginative :/
Elementals? No already got those. But talking elementals! Nay no idea how the armour would work… and Azhure.1857 beat me to it…
Somehow all I can think of is more human animal hybrids

Posted by: Baktwerel.9108

Baktwerel.9108

If I could create a (playable?) race out of thin air for GW2…. I’d go for a lizardman race. This race would be very distant (and not so legless) cousins of Krait, and they’d be probably an amphibian race who used to revere elder dragons on a yet unknown continent. However soon they realized that nothing good came from that sort of thing and fled to Tyria, only to find the other races (just like how Quaggan and Largos appeared out of nowhere). They could have semi-aquatic villages maybe, similar to the Quaggan but more elaborate. Their theme would be tribal/voodoo maybe. Similar to the Tengu, the males could be more colorful but slightly smaller than females. I don’t know if they’d fit the lore or not or whether we need more animalistic races, but I sure wouldn’t mind such a race.

Attachments:

RoseofGilead.8907

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

You say GW2 is unique and doesn’t need elves, orcs and goblins etc, yet that’s EXACTLY what GW2 has.

Sure, on face value the races in GW2 might look completely different from the typical fantasy races, but are they really all that different? Sylvari are pretty much the wood-elves/pixies of GW2, charr are the orcs of GW2 and asura as the goblins/gnomes of GW2. Kodan are GW2’s pandaren and the norn are a lot like the Elder Scrolls’s nords.

That said, I’d like to play as a tengu. Yes, I know they’re already in the game and already exist, but I truly think the tengu are awesome and one of the most unique races in Tyria.

As for a completely new race; something similar to WoW’s worgen would be cool (though come to think of it the norn are already pretty much the same as worgen, except the norn can transform into 4 different animal forms and their transformation isn’t a curse but a blessing).

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’d create a race of bat people. Because bats will save this game. Bats. Or pterodactyls.

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

Of which, Cave Johnson would be the prophet?

You say GW2 is unique and doesn’t need elves, orcs and goblins etc, yet that’s EXACTLY what GW2 has.

Sure, on face value the races in GW2 might look completely different from the typical fantasy races, but are they really all that different? Sylvari are pretty much the wood-elves/pixies of GW2, charr are the orcs of GW2 and asura as the goblins/gnomes of GW2. Kodan are GW2’s pandaren and the norn are a lot like the Elder Scrolls’s nords.

That said, I’d like to play as a tengu. Yes, I know they’re already in the game and already exist, but I truly think the tengu are awesome and one of the most unique races in Tyria.

As for a completely new race; something similar to WoW’s worgen would be cool (though come to think of it the norn are already pretty much the same as worgen, except the norn can transform into 4 different animal forms and their transformation isn’t a curse but a blessing).

I guess I should ask, if you see the races of GW2 falling in line with other races from fantasy genres, what races from those games would you like to see brought into this game? As in, are there any specific creatures missing that you would die over having to play in GW2?

RoseofGilead.8907

Of which, Cave Johnson would be the prophet?

Praise be to Cave.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Tiger! I really like running around as one, whenever that bleeping pita of an expensive tonic gives it to me. Though Feline race could be cool.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Kveldulf.7605

Kveldulf.7605

I would love to see ANY beast race.
Like the Anubis-like, Tengu or Centaurs.
All of them with polearms or greataxes ofc…

EDIT: Sadly Anet has chosen to ugly up the minotaurs, but after a re-design those would be sweet too

Kveldulf Frost – Thief (Charr)
Wlaadas Frost – Warrior (Charr) Torlic Frost – Guardian (Norn)
http://amalthea-gw2.de

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I would create big-eyed, short, scrawny, gray-skinned Martians with ray guns that like to probe hapless Earth creatures for their sick experiments.

Oh, NVM.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

orc. dont care how much it doesnt fit into the lore, just give them an island and some boats and boom they came here out of nowhere. I love Orcs for some reason, dont need elves, dont need dwarves… just good ol fashion orcs.

If not orcs, then Numans – humans that are not human. theyve become darkened and ugly by their lack of human god love and turned green and huge and… into… orc looking things

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Was thinking the same! Before I played GW2, I tend to gravitate to any of the non-human races because I think playing a regular human is kind of boring (although I roll humans every now and then to mix things up). The only time I remember ever playing a human was way back in FFXI and I was a kid and knew nothing about MMOs…although later through my play I regret not making a little munchkin guy…

Never thought about any sort of bird/avian type of creature but after seeing the concept art and learning about them, I’ve become somewhat obsessed with the Tengu. Love the name, love the concept and I now have a craving to roll various types of birds like hook beak hawk, a straight beak raven, a wide beak fowl, with vibrant color options! So cool! What other game has that!? Anet needs to make it happen!!

As far as new race, I like the idea of a reptilian kind of race like Baktwerel mentioned. But hey, you might be able to roll that option into Tengu, with reptilian like features such as a spinal tail with plumage, more jaw-like beak and some skin options that are only partially plumed with the rest being scaled.

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Skritt

You could make Skritt work lore wise by having all playable Skritt groups of 3 or four with the armor spread out by all of them and having one Skritt each handle one of the single hand weps or have 2 carry a 2 hand Wep; I say a swarm of Skritt because they only technically get smart when they’re in a swarm.

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

If you remember Razah from GW1 it would be cool to have something similar as playable race. Mysterious beings from the mists, able to imitate any lifeforms.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Tiger! I really like running around as one, whenever that bleeping pita of an expensive tonic gives it to me. Though Feline race could be cool.

Um, the Charr seem pretty “Feline” to me as most of their features come from the big cats of earth. I think the horns throw people off. Just wondering what you mean by feline. On all fours all the time like an actual tiger?

I personally have been waiting for any game to do a beautiful feline race that resemble the thunder cats, but that’s just me.

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

Glaustian

Here’s the problem with that, glint wasnt an elder dragon, she was a champion of Kralkatorrik, which means that she did not have the same power to give life to minions as an elder dragon does.

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I personally have been waiting for any game to do a beautiful feline race that resemble the thunder cats, but that’s just me.

The problem being that the Thundercats don’t really look feline at all, but rather human with pointy ears, claws, and colourful skin.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

The problem being that the Thundercats don’t really look feline at all, but rather human with pointy ears, claws, and colourful skin.

Yeah, guess I should have said that the thunder cat theme/aesthetic is what I’m looking for in a humanoid in any game. Have been able to replicate many characters that I was fond of as a kid, thunder cats not being one of them.

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

hate to chime in but anets already kinda stomped on the notion of “sexy cat people”

Charr males look mean and grizzled and cat like, and there was a well documented argument and report of the females design.

it boiled down to “we don’t want Cat girls with huge boobs, make them practical and in line with the males and the feel of the world. either they get no boobs or 6 boobs”

personally i think they went in a good direction no just making gnarled male creatures with “sexy” colored human girls as the female half of the race. I think Anet would likely stick to this when it comes to other non-human races that may become playable.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

hate to chime in but anets already kinda stomped on the notion of “sexy cat people”

Charr males look mean and grizzled and cat like, and there was a well documented argument and report of the females design.

it boiled down to “we don’t want Cat girls with huge boobs, make them practical and in line with the males and the feel of the world. either they get no boobs or 6 boobs”

personally i think they went in a good direction no just making gnarled male creatures with “sexy” colored human girls as the female half of the race. I think Anet would likely stick to this when it comes to other non-human races that may become playable.

Trees aren’t people.

(Some) Sylvari are hot.

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Mercantillians

Born in the new age of Tyria they are legendary garbage collectors with maximum mercantile skill.

Racial passive: gain 0.01% extra coin from garbage sold to merchants.

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’