Where are my abyss/celestial/etc hair bows?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

(I wish I could have posted this in the suggestions forum but it seems to have been locked as of very recently)

This is an old topic. But one which has never been answered:
Why can’t we get dye-able hair accessories?

They use the exact same pool of dyes from the armor start dyes set, so why is it impossible to dye these accessories? Often these basic colors clashes with color schemes. Per example a white and baby pink color scheme – my only pink option for hair accessories is really dark and would not fit in my color scheme. I buy dyes, expensive or not, to be able to make my character’s color scheme as complex as I want it to be but I am extremely limited as soon as I want to use hair accessories. Female asura are hit very hard by this particularly.
So please listen to us and give us the option to dye our hair accessories with our well earned dyes. Or if it isn’t “codding-ly” possible – give us a clue! Sylvari cultural armor glow has been updated with even less request than this option, I hope to hear at least a reason why this idea is not something you consider.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Makeover kit

/15 chars

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

except that makeover kits offer nothing but the default char creation colors

Disciple of Quag

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Allowing you to dye them freely won’t make ANet gems~

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Allowing you to dye them freely won’t make ANet gems~

If it was as an option in a makeover/hairstylist kit to use your unlocked dyes then yes it would make money to them. And frankly I wouldn’t hesitate one bit to be able to use my F&F, Toxic and other limited dyes on my hairstyle accessories or even the hair colour itself.

Kitta.3657

I already buy plenty of makeover kits, that isn’t really a reason for no dye-able hair accessories nor is it a solution since it’s still the basic starter dyes. There isn’t even real neutral colors, your only choice are a yellow hued light gray and a green hued dark gray!!

I would even accept it in the gem store. Hair colors/style/faces/etc are to be expected as part of the gemstore but something that seems to be working on the same system as armor dyes.. not so much tho!

Kitta.3657

Anyone wanna pitch in?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just use helmets, etc. on my Asura. It works for me. =)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’d also like to dye my hair accessories other dyes. However, I would buy whatever it is probably once a week. I change my looks around a lot!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’ve been posting about this very thing since day 1. Unfortunately it has fallen upon deaf ears.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

All they need to do is create a one-time use only Hair Accessory Dye Converter kit for 350 gems.

Gives you a “transmute” or converter item that uses an unswallowed dye and allows a one-time conversion and application use to a make-over hair kit dye.

ANet makes money 2 ways: you are spending more gold to buy ANOTHER dye off the TP and EVERY time you want to change a hair accessory color, you have to purchase ANOTHER dye converter kit.

Note: this suggestion not offered as a good customer experience (which ANet does not appear to care about), but as an opportunity for ANet to make more money from gem store purchases.

Maybe that will get their attention.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

let me use my unlocked dyes to dye:

Back items
Hair Accessories
Aquabreather

Pretty please <3

Kitta.3657

I’ve been posting about this very thing since day 1. Unfortunately it has fallen upon deaf ears.

I know how you feel, this is becoming very frustrating. It’s why I decided to boot back this discussion in the hope that this time around, with their new approach to player feedback, they will at least give us an answer. I mean this isn’t some crazy entitled demand like you easily see on forums.. isn’t it?? It uses the same dyeing system as armor so why make it separate. I think dye-able backpieces are less reasonable (but of course I’d like it), to be honest.
Even “no can do” is better than no response at all…

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

What about they give access to all the dye youve unlocked for armor to hair accessory when using the total makeover kit?

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

+1 for a great idea.

I think as a matter of course, makeover kits should have at the very least celestial and abyss. It just looks mismatched otherwise. I would prefer it even more if the accessories’ dye could be changed by simply changing the color of the helm. So like, whatever the helm dye is (hidden) is the dye of the accessory.

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yeah, it really sucks that we can’t dye hair accessories in game without using the makeover kit. And even then you are just offered the boring starter colors. If I’m paying actual money to change my hair accessory color I should kitten well have access to all the colors I have unlocked for it.