Where to farm now?

Where to farm now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

So after Silverwastes nerf.. it seems like there isn’t a decent full map or even organized ones. I think people just gave up, but now I’m stumped where to farm, and please don’t suggest dungeons, or fractals. I am looking for solo stuff, or maybe pugging in certain maps. Has to be a decent place

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Queensdale and Metrica Province are quite good.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Or play the game for it’s content.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

What about playing the game as intended?
I know it’s not as profitable, but this is the exact reason why modern MMO aren’t RPG anymore, most of the ppl are thinking just about how to farm money/mats/items efficiently, not about playing the game. And of course, developers aren’t trying to make RPG-friendly game anymore, because it’s waste of time due to the community.

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

I know it’s not as profitable, but this is the exact reason why modern MMO aren’t RPG anymore, most of the ppl are thinking just about how to farm money/mats/items efficiently, not about playing the game. And of course, developers aren’t trying to make RPG-friendly game anymore, because it’s waste of time due to the community.

The game is intended to farm. Nobody wants to play the game 1 month just to collect items to craft 1 piece of legendary weapon or ascended armor.. Its better to farm 4 days than 1 month…

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

The game is intended to farm. Nobody wants to play the game 1 month just to collect items to craft 1 piece of legendary weapon or ascended armor.. Its better to farm 4 days than 1 month…

Nobody is an exaggeration. I’d rather play 2 years of content that I enjoy doing in order to craft 1 legendary weapon than a month of endless farming for example.

The way I see it is I am going to play this game for 2 years regardless of reward, A legendary weapon is a nice to have. Do I need to essentially work in order to get it now? or do I enjoy myself and get it later? It will take me 2 years instead of just one month but essentially I am getting it for “free” this way.
I personally prefer that approach.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: NNYinsanenature.5684

NNYinsanenature.5684

Drytop is still highly profitable during sandstorms.

Where to farm now?

Tao.5096

The game is intended to farm.

That was a funny statement.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

What about playing the game the way I want to?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Speedrun dungeons and to empty your annoyance for the nerf, be a 101% more “elitist jerk” to punish all those haters who wanted the farm nerfedDDD

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

Where to farm?? Let’s play silverwastes how it was intended?? Don’t forget they just nerfed this, but there are still chests all over the place. Let’s Attack → Defend → open a few chests and repeat

Where to farm now?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’ve been there and done that 7 times over, I got 15 lvl 80’s, all with finished stories, I’ve done all dungeons, am dungeon master (no not dungeoneer, I hate CM) I finished all Living story parts & achievements on multiple characters.

I play wvw and do play anything what I want, I’m guild leader and officer in 2 other guilds. not counting my bank guild of course.

The fact that there is no way to get “easy money” is a bottleneck on playing, I’m in it just for the skins now, I need most of the truly exotic exotic skins…. Dwayna’s bows, Infinite light, and there are some legendaries I’m still interested in. Also I need some ascended armors. I got the weapons & trinkets on most of the 15… (12 with ascended weapons/trinkets)

I no longer care for 11 gold a day grinding the daily dungeon set… I have done my share of dungeons, I did AC p1-3 about a 500-600 times now, CoE 300+, TA 250+ SE 1,3 well to often as well, CoF 1 even more.

I liked the nerfed farms because I had some time just mindlessly spamming, actually being able to get some mats / gold / -fill in the blank- It’s like doing AC, Cof or Se, just with more ppl, because tbh I do not play AC or any dungeons for records, just for completion. Most zerk parties are filled in with people who can ragequit like pro’s but most of the time cannot hold DPS for the required time OR are just trolls… In a farm event people tend to be nice, they res adequately, do not flame, help eachother. I know there have been a lot of farms before which have crated a negative feeling (queensdale train, frostgorge train,) and soe still do (Orr in general) due to people not accepting others are playing as well. With farmers creating their own instances atm (like Tequatl and triple trouble just to mention it) people tend to feeel they cannot complete te game. But why can’t people just wanting the achievemnt not just take a map and say: Achievement map, and create what they want, instead of shouting for a nerf each time something is worth our (read farmers) time.

I run most dungeons with plain pug parties as it’s more relaxed, so no lvl 80 Zerk for me but just EXP. It goes well and I get people who can actually play the game. I do run zerk on a lot of characters. I know the stacks, the LOS’s and so on… But it’s even more boring then a farm event (chain)

I’m 40 yrs old, I can buy gems without problems, but I want to earn as much as possible ingame, I also know I’ll get what I want now eventually in the future. Still sometimes a good farm helps, really waiting for a hard mode with 10 times as much drops or something like it.

Lastly for devaluation of gold, I bought the precursor to the meterorologicus at 45 gold… Now almost 20 monts later it sls for at least 10 times the amount. Flippers are the ones causing this and they make this game need farms. No flippers= no need for farm; Prices will rise significantly slower, and flippers are way to rich anyways, talking about not playing the game as it was intended. I know a few, some with 10000’s of gold on account. They earn it because we cannot farm stuff and can ruin their flipping on farmable items…

No the game has to be exclusive. Or does it just have to be fun?

This farm caused the price of the sigil of bloodlust to drop 10 gold from 15 to 5.5, now 10 hours after the nerf all sigils cheper then 9 gold have been bought by flippers…. Think of it, before you say farms are bad.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Where to farm now?

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Nobody is an exaggeration. I’d rather play 2 years of content that I enjoy doing in order to craft 1 legendary weapon than a month of endless farming for example.

The way I see it is I am going to play this game for 2 years regardless of reward, A legendary weapon is a nice to have. Do I need to essentially work in order to get it now? or do I enjoy myself and get it later? It will take me 2 years instead of just one month but essentially I am getting it for “free” this way.
I personally prefer that approach.

I would love to agree, and personally hate farming. Grinding is my bane and anything monotonous in general drains my energy.

Sadly, I have (Yes, no one is obligated but it is relative to the game) to farm, as do many people. See, I want to enjoy the game, and it’s content, but I am a very visual person. What do I mean?

If my character isn’t looking cool enough, I wont enjoy game play with it. You could throw the most interesting content at me, if I can’t revel in how awesome my character looks doing it, I won’t enjoy it. Vice versa, you could throw the most grindy, repetitive content at me, and if my character looks cool, I will find something to enjoy about it for a substantial amount of time. This is the issue I run into with many games of the RPG genre. They put all the cool looking outfits and skins at the end so by the time I acquire them and am ready to now enjoy the content for what it is with my look complete… I can’t to the fullest because I have done it all.

It’s like this with GW 2. I am sure many are the same, and farm because they feel obligated to, because they want the cool skins, so that when they finish their look, they can go right ahead and finally enjoy the content, but in the meanwhile, farm something like the Chest Farm in SW for a week or 2 and get the skins ASAP.

Basically, what I’m saying is, I’d rather grind a month monotonously and get my super cool skin, then enjoy the game for the next year or 2, rather than force myself to enjoy content all year, get my super cool skin then realise I have nothing left to enjoy it with. I am sure, I’m not the only one.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

You can try, but hands down, that was never the viable way, most of the ppl already know that. Where were you been since the release?

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

You can try, but hands down, that was never the viable way, most of the ppl already know that. Where were you been since the release?

Mostly WvW, so you really don’t want to get started with me.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

Play the trading post, let everyone else do farming for you.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

Mostly WvW, so you really don’t want to get started with me.

Heh, nice try m8 Well, you can stay in your WvW, nothing changed there. Why did you even post in this topic in the first time? The bug was fixed in the PvE zone…

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Collecting skins isn’t playing the game as intended? You need gold and mats to obtain a lot of skins in this game, if that is someone’s goal, farming is generally the way to go about it.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Where to farm now?

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Heh, nice try m8 Well, you can stay in your WvW, nothing changed there. Why did you even post in this topic in the first time? The bug was fixed in the PvE zone…

I was there because we finally had a farm that was worth my time. That and, we’ve got a pretty kittenty match up this week too.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

Collecting skins isn’t playing the game as intended? You need gold and mats to obtain a lot of skins in this game, if that is someone’s goal, farming is generally the way to go about it.

Having fun is playing the game as intended*
Are you having fun while farming the crap out of some bug? Answer yourself….

*does not necessarily involves GW2 only.

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Why do people expect to have to craft to get the higher level (Legendary) weapons? Could you imagine any other kind of game, FPS, GTA-style, etc. requiring players to have to collect a crap-ton of mats to make a better weapon? You should get them as rewards for doing the actual freaking content!

I beat Zhaitan, ostensibly the big-bad of the game, and got mats and some crappy coupon. You play a game, you expect to get a reward when you beat a boss. Not have to farm to get that reward. Beating the big boss should have netted us a useful Ascended, or even a Legendary. That’s the point of content.

I don’t farm. Everyone once in a while, I empty my bank (sell what I can on the TP). I’ve stopped crafting altogether except for food and things my characters might need.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

@Ranger, some people like to farm. That is what they consider fun. It is no different than people that speedclear because they find it fun, or people that chase the world bosses because that’s their fun, or people that repeatedly level a new character. To each their own.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Where to farm now?

Tao.5096

Why do people expect to have to craft to get the higher level (Legendary) weapons? Could you imagine any other kind of game, FPS, GTA-style, etc. requiring players to have to collect a crap-ton of mats to make a better weapon? You should get them as rewards for doing the actual freaking content!

I beat Zhaitan, ostensibly the big-bad of the game, and got mats and some crappy coupon. You play a game, you expect to get a reward when you beat a boss. Not have to farm to get that reward. Beating the big boss should have netted us a useful Ascended, or even a Legendary. That’s the point of content.

I don’t farm. Everyone once in a while, I empty my bank (sell what I can on the TP). I’ve stopped crafting altogether except for food and things my characters might need.

I beat Tequatl the Sunless and I get Tequatl’s Hoard.
Your point is implemented.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Having fun is playing the game as intended*
Are you having fun while farming the crap out of some bug? Answer yourself….

*does not necessarily involves GW2 only.

Yes, I was rubbing my hands together with glee as I was leaving work yesterday thinking about the loot from amber, and was glad to see it wasn’t nerfed while I was at work.

I enjoy tagging groups of mobs in Cursed Shore, while I watch the line of heavy moldy bags, and mats appear on the side of my screen.

I enjoy killing mobs in FGS to see how many Powerful bloods and other t6 mats I can get in an hour.

Yes, I enjoy farming every now and then.

Edit: Ironically, I wasn’t one of the ones camping Amber, I spent must of my time defending Blue Oasis, and jetting to Amber to grab a few chest in between. I love lighting the signal fires for the air raids.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

(edited by Lambent.6375)

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

@Ranger, some people like to farm. That is what they consider fun. It is no different than people that speedclear because they find it fun, or people that chase the world bosses because that’s their fun, or people that repeatedly level a new character. To each their own.

I understand that, but those ppl you just described are doing the farming for fun, and ppl like that usually fell when something is not “right” about the new farming way (Amber) and expect that it gets fixed. Those ppl are not whining on forums after it get fixed, you know?
Those ppl farm for fun.
Ppl complaining in this thread farm for profit, not for fun, that’s very different approach…..

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

They only nerfed next to Amber. The farmers I have been seeing lately have simply been moving from one fort to the other and digging up all the chests that way. Might not have as many chests that way, but it’s still a decent amount and they are helping the forts stay claimed and guarding the cows.

Where to farm now?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I understand that, but those ppl you just described are doing the farming for fun, and ppl like that usually fell when something is not “right” about the new farming way (Amber) and expect that it gets fixed. Those ppl are not whining on forums after it get fixed, you know?
Those ppl farm for fun.
Ppl complaining in this thread farm for profit, not for fun, that’s very different approach…..

Not necessarily true. I typically farm “for fun” on occasion, and my only concern with amber was they it had the highest concentration. I figured they needed to put more at the other forts, not nerf amber into oblivion. I know there are others that had similar thoughts

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

What content?

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Queensdale and Metrica Province are quite good.

Plains of Ashford are better

@thread
Really ? As if there were no places to farm before ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

Farming and speedclearing are not fun and no I don’t care anyone thinks he thinks otherwise. The minuscule percent of population doing it is ruining the game for the remaining masses.
I can only hope Anet will put stop to speedclearing same as they did with the nonsensical farms.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

Where to farm now?

Erukk.1408

Not necessarily true. I typically farm “for fun” on occasion, and my only concern with amber was they it had the highest concentration. I figured they needed to put more at the other forts, not nerf amber into oblivion. I know there are others that had similar thoughts

That wouldn’t be much of a fix in the end though.

Amber had the most chests, but people zerged it because they can open up one another’s. A bigger zerg means more shovels, and more shovels means more chests. Anet giving the other bases the same amount of chests would only slightly diffuse the situation. People would still zerg on the farming commander, because their zerg would have more available shovels, and if the chest rate was high enough like it was at Amber, that commander probably wouldn’t move.

Where to farm now?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That wouldn’t be much of a fix in the end though.

Amber had the most chests, but people zerged it because they can open up one another’s. A bigger zerg means more shovels, and more shovels means more chests. Anet giving the other bases the same amount of chests would only slightly diffuse the situation. People would still zerg on the farming commander, because their zerg would have more available shovels, and if the chest rate was high enough like it was at Amber, that commander probably wouldn’t move.

The primary grump that people were having was that the other fort events weren’t being done because in certain maps everyone was at amber. Spreading the chests so that they were more balanced between the 4 points would have encouraged people to disperse without feeling like they were losing out.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

Why do players just expect to jump on a map and for it to just be ‘organised’ for them?! This grinds my gears to no end. Put some actual EFFORT into organizing a map yourself before jumping on the forums and complaining about lack of organised maps.

Use the LFG system. Join a guild. Explain what you want to do in mapchat whether its farming or legit structured meta event completion. Dont just whine that everything wasnt put on a platter for you when you joined the map. The organised maps didn’t just get organised by themselves. Players put in effort to explain their intentions, explain the mechanics and get everybody on board with them.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

This stupid suggestions man lol, why do you even bother to reply on that.. we enjoy the game, but if you play not to get any gold for it … there are only two options:
a) you enjoy PvP WvW
b) you are playing the wrong game..

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

Farming and speedclearing are not fun and no I don’t care anyone thinks he thinks otherwise. The minuscule percent of population doing it is ruining the game for the remaining masses.
I can only hope Anet will put stop to speedclearing same as they did with the nonsensical farms.

Well, I don’t agree with the amounts of ppl, there are much more speedfarmers etc. than you think. However I totally agree with the need to stop this unintended behaviour in the PvE generally, skipping content, glitching content etc…
When this will be achieved, the rewards can be appropriately increased to reflect the actual difficulty of the content.
That reminds me the game which is discussed here a lot lately. Who knows what happens when you somehow skip trash mobs and attack the boss (at least in many cases)? Simple solution to the skipping issue…. And it also does make sense from the logical point of view….

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

This is what I hate about MMO’s, it’s always divided into 2 groups.

Group 1: It’s all about farming. People that want to play the game for the content are just getting into the way.
Group 2: The game was made to play for its content. People that just want to farm are just getting into the way.

Why can’t we just get along? That’s what I loved about GW1 and GW2 that I hated about WoW. WoW is just about farming for high lvl junk. In GW1 and GW2 I can farm for high lvl junk or just play the game. I just farmed the crap out of GW2 to get an ascended bow, why? I got bored with my personal storyline and got tired of map completion so I took a break and made the bow. Now I’m good to get back to the game content.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Where to farm now?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

This is what I hate about MMO’s, it’s always divided into 2 groups.

Group 1: It’s all about farming. People that want to play the game for the content are just getting into the way.
Group 2: The game was made to play for its content. People that just want to farm are just getting into the way.

Why can’t we just get along? That’s what I loved about GW1 and GW2 that I hated about WoW. WoW is just about farming for high lvl junk. In GW1 and GW2 I can farm for high lvl junk or just play the game. I just farmed the crap out of GW2 to get an ascended bow, why? I got bored with my personal storyline and got tired of map completion so I took a break and made the bow. Now I’m good to get back to the game content.

Just do both? I finished all the achievemnts now including the shoulders, and I farmed a bit. Being 40 and having 2 children doesn’t allow me to 24/7 a game (=no-life, no-sleep) but I got 5 days 2-3 hrs of farming in, worth 100 champ boxes/hour.

I can craft the vision crystals now I wanted for 2 sets of armor, and have a decent amount to spare… It got me plenty of mats, but I need them. so I didn’t get rich, I did however got a full stack of obsidian shards as well… = equivalent of 525.000 karma… if I remember well

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

I was farming for Empyreal Fragments there and managed a few stacks in a few days, pve needed something like this, theres just no quick way to get them, it would take about 100 jumping puzzles or chests just to get 1 stack (2-3 per)

Where to farm now?

Erukk.1408

The primary grump that people were having was that the other fort events weren’t being done because in certain maps everyone was at amber. Spreading the chests so that they were more balanced between the 4 points would have encouraged people to disperse without feeling like they were losing out.

They wouldn’t disperse that much though. Five people at a single fort’s area wouldn’t offer as many shovels and rewards as the zerg’s area that have fifty people. The five would have to constant use their own shovels to keep their chest rate up, but the people at the zerg’s location would have a much easier time coasting off other people shovels.

It might not be at Amber in this situation, but people will still be gathered up at a single location because of the benefits of chest farming in the zerg. So it doesn’t really solve the problem in the end.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If farming isn’t the intended way to play the game, why does Anet keep building rewards around who farms the most?

Where to farm now?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They wouldn’t disperse that much though. Five people at a single fort’s area wouldn’t offer as many shovels and rewards as the zerg’s area that have fifty people. The five would have to constant use their own shovels to keep their chest rate up, but the people at the zerg’s location would have a much easier time coasting off other people shovels.

It might not be at Amber in this situation, but people will still be gathered up at a single location because of the benefits of chest farming in the zerg. So it doesn’t really solve the problem in the end.

Which also means that the change they did make (by reducing the number of chests overall, and reducing their spawn rate) isn’t going to change that either. It’s still going to be more beneficial to ball up so that there are plenty of shovels available. So in the end, they have accomplished nothing except to kitten a bunch of people off.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If farming isn’t the intended way to play the game, why does Anet keep building rewards around who farms the most?

Only one reward is based around who farms the most – legendaries. Not every players is intended to get a legendary weapon. It a players own decision to compete against other players in the bidding for legendary weapons on the trading post.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

Be so kind and read the asterisk remark, in the following post to which you quoted. That should clarify how I meant that statement. Ripping something out of context is not the way to prove something, you know?

#ELEtism 4ever

(edited by STRanger.5120)

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Which also means that the change they did make (by reducing the number of chests overall, and reducing their spawn rate) isn’t going to change that either. It’s still going to be more beneficial to ball up so that there are plenty of shovels available. So in the end, they have accomplished nothing except to kitten a bunch of people off.

This, i used to like this, and now i’m back to PVP WVW, it’s like throwing a bone to the dog, and take it away the second he took first bite…

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Where to farm now?

Erukk.1408

No. They are forcing the zerg to move. As you said previously, the problem before is that the zerg was stationary at Amber. Now when the zerg has farmed all the chests in an area, they will have to move to get more. This helps the other forts because the zerg players will help with defense and supply bull escort, if only for completion and the chance for more shovels.

Where to farm now?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

No. They are forcing the zerg to move. As you said previously, the problem before is that the zerg was stationary at Amber. Now when the zerg has farmed all the chests in an area, they will have to move to get more. This helps the other forts because the zerg players will help with defense and supply bull escort, if only for completion and the chance for more shovels.

So the zerg pops from fort to fort. This doesn’t resolve the issue regarding not having all 4 forts defended, because people are still balled up. What I specifically brought up was that there was no disbursement for coverage, which is what people were kittening about. Just making the zerg ball move does not fix this issue. Instead of scaling up one fort, the roaming now scales them all up, completely screwing over those that stay to defend when the zerg rolls on. Yay.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

What is intended?

Where to farm now?

NNYinsanenature.5684

The only thing intended is for NCsoft to milk its playerbase with gem purchases.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

The only thing intended is for NCsoft to milk its playerbase with gem purchases.

At last, someone who understands

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

NNYinsanenature.5684

Sadly enough i have given NCsoft too much of my money with all of their other and sometimes failed MMOs.