Will ascended jewelcrafting ever come?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

It’s the last crafting profession (besides cooking which doesn’t really count) to be added to the game. It’s been 7 months since ascended armor tailor and leatherworking were added to the game. There is still no method to obtain ascended valkyrie, carrion, or zealots trinkets. Is this even in the works?

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

It might with the next feature patch which I speculate to be early october. It sure wont come before that as part of a content patch.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

I think ascended jewelcrafting should NEVER be a part of the game.

For some of us… like myself… saved laurels for months to get trinkets, and some rings…

While nothing is fair… I still believe this type of change only caters to new players. They don’t have to experience the time gated laurel savings that the rest of us had to do.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

For some of us… like myself… saved laurels for months to get trinkets, and some rings…

While nothing is fair… I still believe this type of change only caters to new players. They don’t have to experience the time gated laurel savings that the rest of us had to do.

My husband and I saved laurels as well. Dailies and monthies weren’t something we really bothered with, but when we decided we wanted the trinkets we committed ourselves to making sure we got them done. Still, that said, I wouldn’t mind seeing ascended jewelry crafting. Just as I wouldn’t mind seeing the weapon and gear become available for dungeon / wvw tokens and / or karma. Potentially obscene amounts of them, sure, but an option none the less.

There really does need to be more ways to acquire that gear tier. A way to make it more accessible, rather than more limiting. Stats should be something relatively accessible to all players, no matter how they choose to play (crafting, wvw, dungeons, etc). Skins on the other hand, those should be what requires the effort and skill to obtain.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I currently have 330 laurels and over 200 guild commendation, and I think that ascended jewelcrafting would be great.
Keep in mind that there are many stats combination not available as asc trinkets, would be nice for the crafters be able to wear things like assassin, sentinel, dire and so on, asc trinkets.
Sure, the materials needed should be viable to not make craft an obvious bad choice.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

What might be interesting is if at level 500 you could make trinkets that have more than one set of stats that you can change to.

Maybe (as an example) level 500 rings, ascended.
1) make a Beserkers ring
2) make a clerics ring
3) make a carrion ring
3) make a zealots ring

Take all 4 to the mystic forge. You get back one ascended ring with those 4 sets of stats that you can switch to when you want.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

There really does need to be more ways to acquire that gear tier. A way to make it more accessible, rather than more limiting. Stats should be something relatively accessible to all players, no matter how they choose to play (crafting, wvw, dungeons, etc). Skins on the other hand, those should be what requires the effort and skill to obtain.

Why should there be more ways? Dailies and monthlies can be completely by playing any part of the game. Whether you WvW, PvP, dungeons, fractals, general PVE. A daily can be done in 15 or 20 minutes if you make the effort, and many times you get them just by doing your own thing, whatever that may be. You can also get heavy discounts by doing fractals (for pristines for rings), guild comms (for accessories), and WvW badges also make all jewelry cheaper if you go the standard laurel route.

I can get behind offering more stats, but ascended jc will definitely be the most expensive and time-consuming method of obtaining jewelry. If someone wants to spend hundred of more gold to make something they could get by doing dailies, more power to them I guess.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I still have no spare laurels for all the armor I need for my toons, nevermind the ascended materials, etc for any jewelry. Being able to craft would be a good start, but what they really need to do is make the entire ascended stuff tradeable before first equipping. Maybe then I could finish off the jewellery, armor, etc and infusions that are missing.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Amplifiction.8413

Amplifiction.8413

Until last month, I had over 500 laurels saved up. For many, many months I did not spend them because I was sure ascended jewelcrafting was around the corner, as promised. I didn’t craft any exotic trinkets either, because I did not want to waste any XP towards level 500.

Just last month, I finally got sick of waiting and of using inferior trinkets on my characters. So now my laurels are spent.

I still want to see ascended jewelcrafting. I think jewelcrafting is pretty much uselsess without it. I haven’t used my jewelcrafting skills since I reached level 400, which is over a year ago. In my opinion, crafting as a way to highest stat gear is its most important asset.

No offense, but not wanting to see ascended jewelcrafting because you want to force players to save laurels like you had to is not a very good reason.

Keep in mind that there are many stats combination not available as asc trinkets, would be nice for the crafters be able to wear things like assassin, sentinel, dire and so on, asc trinkets.
Sure, the materials needed should be viable to not make craft an obvious bad choice.

In my opnion, Arenanet just didn’t think this part of the game through. First, they introduced the ascended quality by making trinkets available for laurels. Afterwards, they decided to upgrade all crafting disciplines to 500. The second idea (on its own) was a good one, the first was not. I think we could all see the contradiction for jewelcrafting miles away. Why couldn’t Anet?
Still, not having all stat combinations available is an excellent reason for finally boosting jewelcrafting to 500.

While I agree with you on the stats vs looks availability and while I like the idea of dungeon tokens being more useful, I don’t think this is a good idea. Not unless all types of gear of ascended quality are made available in the same way.

Trinkets are the only type of gear that are available for laurels in ascended quality, which makes it very inconsistent with all other gear. Like I wrote, the idea to make them available for laurels in the first place was not a good one, in my opinion. The introduction of ascended quality should have gone hand in hand with the upgrade of the crafting disciplines.
Especially when one considers laurels are awarded as a surplus. You get them from dailies, monthlies and achievement chests, which are earned by doing stuff that already has inherent rewards. (Loot, reward tracks, WXP, …) So why make a surplus currency like laurels the only significant way to highest stat gear? (At first, and still so for trinkets.) Obviously, laurels were not intended as a surplus, but as an incentive to play regularly. But since their introduction, crafting has become a significant way to highest stat gear as well, (including the announcement that jewelcrafting would be upgraded to 500) reducing the importance of laurels.

I don’t think there’s a perfect solution here, but Arenanet should start deciding on this matter. Doing nothing and remaining silent is simply frustrating to a lot of players. Personally, I see two scenarios that allow level 500 jewelcrafting:
1. No more ascended gear for laurels, turning laurels into the “surplus” currency that I think it should be.
2. Make all types of gear in ascended quality available for laurels, but only in a limited number of stat combinations. (Like trinkets are now.) That way, pursuing level 500 remains a rewarding goal. This would also allow additional ways to obtain ascended gear, like dungeon tokens. (Like only Fractal Relics are now – another inconsistency!)
In both cases, there are consistent paths to highest end gear of all types, without a dead crafting discipline and without uncertainty about what to save or invest in.

(edited by Amplifiction.8413)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Why should there be more ways? Dailies and monthlies can be completely by playing any part of the game. Whether you WvW, PvP, dungeons, fractals, general PVE. A daily can be done in 15 or 20 minutes if you make the effort, and many times you get them just by doing your own thing, whatever that may be. You can also get heavy discounts by doing fractals (for pristines for rings), guild comms (for accessories), and WvW badges also make all jewelry cheaper if you go the standard laurel route.

I can get behind offering more stats, but ascended jc will definitely be the most expensive and time-consuming method of obtaining jewelry. If someone wants to spend hundred of more gold to make something they could get by doing dailies, more power to them I guess.

Why should there be more ways? Because that’s how the game was supposed to be. Attaining max stats wasn’t “just for” those that craft, or those that dungeon, or those that wvw, or those that only play open world. Ascended should actually have never been introduced to the game, but it was so we’re stuck with it. However, like exotics, we should be able to play how we choose to obtain it. Let crafters craft it, let wvwers buy it with badges and gold, let people use karma for ascended temple sets, let dungeoners use tokens and maybe some gold. Per Colin’s comments – they just wanted it to take longer to achieve, although admitted I think he was only partially truthful as to their reasons behind adding this tier. But fine, make it insanely expensive, it’s not like it’s not that way now. Like all other gear tiers, it should not be locked behind the “you can only have it if you do ‘x’” barrier. For skins, that’s fine. But not for simply obtaining max stats.

While I agree with you on the stats vs looks availability and while I like the idea of dungeon tokens being more useful, I don’t think this is a good idea. Not unless all types of gear of ascended quality are made available in the same way.

I was referring to the ascended tier as a whole (weapons, armor, and trinkets) when I said it needed to have more availability. I have said before, and continue to stand by my opinion, that ascended needs to be available through all the same options as exotics.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Pretty sure they’d just kitten it up the way they did with Ascended weapons and armor.

But it would be a fine way to raise the value of silver and gold… >_>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

(besides cooking which doesn’t really count)

Cooking does count!

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I’d like to be able to get Assassin’s trinkets among other combos, but I don’t care whether that happens through crafting or not. TBH, leveling the other disciplines to 500 (still working on Tailor and Leatherworking) has been a kitten enough, but I suppose one more wouldn’t kill me.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

And i think ascended gear should have never been part of the game.

But since we have it .. i have 13 80s .. i don’t do fractals so i only can get that stuff
from laurels. How many years should it take to get jewlery for all your characters ?
And i don’t even talk about having more sets with different stats.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Yeah because experiencing time gating is completely nice and fine…

But you also have to experience it to craft ascended gear.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Cooking does count!

Yes! That was my main thought after reading the OP.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Cooking does count!

Yes! That was my main thought after reading the OP.

Lol. Same.
I’m looking forward to ascended cooking. I use the regular foods all the time and I’m curious about what level 500 cooking would bring.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You seriously think Ascended Trinket Crafting won’t have time gates? What game have you guys been playing?

I’m sensing some link between 500 Jeweler and Legendary Trinkets….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You seriously think Ascended Trinket Crafting won’t have time gates? What game have you guys been playing?

Oh, I’d fully expect it to have the 1 day per w/e jewler specific material time gate. I’m not fooling myself there.

I think this would be pretty nifty personally, and I’d totally skip any additional ascended trinkets to focus on such (as long as legendary trinkets offered the same ooc stat swap as legendary weapons)

Belzebu.3912

Sure it will, but consider that the cheapest ascended trinket currently requires 25 days to get (except the fractals one).

And yeah, legendary trinkets and jewel lvl 500 have a good chance to be related.

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Why should there be more ways? Because that’s how the game was supposed to be. Attaining max stats wasn’t “just for” those that craft, or those that dungeon, or those that wvw, or those that only play open world. Ascended should actually have never been introduced to the game, but it was so we’re stuck with it. However, like exotics, we should be able to play how we choose to obtain it. Let crafters craft it, let wvwers buy it with badges and gold, let people use karma for ascended temple sets, let dungeoners use tokens and maybe some gold. Per Colin’s comments – they just wanted it to take longer to achieve, although admitted I think he was only partially truthful as to their reasons behind adding this tier. But fine, make it insanely expensive, it’s not like it’s not that way now. Like all other gear tiers, it should not be locked behind the “you can only have it if you do ‘x’” barrier. For skins, that’s fine. But not for simply obtaining max stats.

But laurels are not locked behind any specific content. You can get them from participating in just about any aspect of the game using a variety of currencies to make them even cheaper.

I’m not against ascended jc, I just don’t see the point. People are welcome to spend a ton more gold for each trinket than the rest of us if that’s their desire.

Sure it will, but consider that the cheapest ascended trinket currently requires 25 days to get (except the fractals one).

And yeah, legendary trinkets and jewel lvl 500 have a good chance to be related.

Actually, the accessories you can get for I think 12 commendations, that’s like 2 weeks of guild missions that take a max of 2 hours total to do, unless you’re part of some megaguild that takes like 4 hours to do one set of weekly missions.

(edited by calyx.9086)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

What might be interesting is if at level 500 you could make trinkets that have more than one set of stats that you can change to.

Maybe (as an example) level 500 rings, ascended.
1) make a Beserkers ring
2) make a clerics ring
3) make a carrion ring
3) make a zealots ring

Take all 4 to the mystic forge. You get back one ascended ring with those 4 sets of stats that you can switch to when you want.

I think this should be the system for all Ascended gear.

You make a set, say, Zerker’s Light. The game remembers that; it goes “okay, this account has Zerker’s Light on it”.
Then you make Knight’s Light. The game remembers that. You can now click on either item, and do the stat change thing that you can do with legendaries, and it pulls from the list of stats you have unlocked.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Belzebu.3912

Actually, the accessories you can get for I think 12 commendations, that’s like 2 weeks of guild missions that take a max of 2 hours total to do, unless you’re part of some megaguild that takes like 4 hours to do one set of weekly missions.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those, but still, it is a ~15 days time gate.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

They already have the jeweler ascended material in the game already. You can view it in your materials bank tab with your other ascended materials as well.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot

So its not really a question of if it will come but when. The game code, when copy and pasted into chat, indicates that it will use silver, gold, and platinum to refine this material just like the materials of other professions.

There has also been some rumors that legendary trinkets will be added to the game based on some in-game comment by a moderator…. I’ve seen the screenshot on gw2 reddit but do not know the source link.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)