Will there be a living story season 3?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Is there going to be a season 3 with bi-weekly updates like in season 1 and 2? The update every 2 weeks is what drew me to this game so much, especially season 1, without them it becomes more and more dull every week…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not sure how regular the updates will be, as Season Two’s updates weren’t always bi-weekly, but…yes, No Walking, there will be a new Season!

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

yea S3 is probably gonna be jan12th or 15th, or whatever day it was wintersday goes. They’ll be taking the servers down anyway, it will have been nearly 3 months, and it will be an epic return from break update time, so I believe this.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Lord I hope so!
Living Story > expansion.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Lord I hope so!

This definitely

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Yes. Living story is a permanent fixture, and a large part of Anet’s content release strategy.

No word yet when the next season begins, but I’d expect some news after the holidays are over in terms of the big WvW update they’re working on, and pvp balance after the current season is over, as those parts of the game are in a mess right now and Anet has said they’re keen on getting them more stable as a priority.

That said, the LS team is, as I understand it, a separate group of staff, so it’s not a thing where we’d necessarily be waiting on those updates before Season 3 starts.

If I had to bet on it, I’d expect a LS update before the next raid wing though.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Lord I hope so!

This definitely

Agreed.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Further info is due later in January, prob just before the big balance patch which is the next big thing to hit from the info given.

I’m not expecting any LS content to be released much before the Spring though. Their schedule has been pretty heavy, so a 6 month pve content break is to be expected after an expac.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It won’t be before the holidays are over. Devs need time to enjoy the holiday season, too.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I hope not. I’d rather Anet focus on making this game fun again than trying to rush out poorly coded, ill-conceived content. If we learned anything from the series of major missteps in 2015, it’s that Anet doesn’t know what it’s doing and needs to take a long look at their current game before adding something new.

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Most likely they will, the next elder dragon it’ll lead towards is leaning toward Kralkatorrik.

I imagine Zojja, Rytlock and Logan will be on focus here.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I love the wording “free” Marketing ftw.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

Season 3 will be timegated/locked behind needing every mastery maxed.

Posted by: Falanu.4289

Falanu.4289

I hope not. I’d rather Anet focus on making this game fun again than trying to rush out poorly coded, ill-conceived content. If we learned anything from the series of major missteps in 2015, it’s that Anet doesn’t know what it’s doing and needs to take a long look at their current game before adding something new.

April, 28th 2006. The same things happened back then.

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

If there is going to be a season 3, I certainly hoped it does not require HOT (as in season 3 take places in the HOT maps).

Sure I got the game (I have no idea on the percentage on those who had bought HOT or not) but I gave up on the story/ map complection due to how much of a grind it is so I don’t want to revisit there in season 3.

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

i agree with the sentiments of most posters. ls 3 is desperately needed-the game has almost completely devolved into node gathering/farming.

coming out of hot they should be blowing us away with armor skins/new content/new ideas…but the reverse has happened-they released a very thin ‘expac’ and walked away. the present dev team hasn’t had a well received release in so long one wonders if they are capable of making good content at this point.

and they seem to be like ostriches with their heads in the sand…seriously has anyone heard dev team even talking about anything going forward? the level of silence and secrecy post hot is absurd-but if there is nothing to say….

game feels as if there are 10 people doing server maintenance, 10 people working on gemstore and an accountant(err ‘economist’)-the devs are nowhere to be seen.

so i honestly don’t know what to expect. i mean i know what we should be getting (ls 3, exciting new content and plenty of skins). but what is realistic to expect? maybe a new hat or shoulder piece with next holiday event.

notes- but hey at least we got espartz now ^^;…

(edited by Selkirk.4218)

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

If there is going to be a season 3, I certainly hoped it does not require HOT (as in season 3 take places in the HOT maps).

They said WAAAYYYYY back when they announced the HoT expansion that LS3 would require HoT as the story would pick up where HoT left off. It’s been known since the very beginning that if you wanted LS3 that you would need HoT.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Lord I hope so!

This, but I have to say I would love to see a mix of both.

Living story inbetween expansions. Maybe a new expansion every 1.5-2 years (yearly if the quality is high enough). Living story between expansions.

It would allow for major overhauls and additions to the game, while hopefully reducing the reliance on the gem store thanks to expansion revenue (Guild Wars 1 did this fine).

The Living Story upgrades would make for great build up for the big story archs that expansions bring.

I guess time will tell.

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

I agree. We don’t need Living Story 3 if it kicks you out and freezes your laptop every 20 minutes.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

From what I understand/recall, the story behind the raids is supposed to help to lead into the next whatever.

So, there you go. You want the story? Raid for it. Can’t/won’t raid? Story isn’t for you.

Now, the REAL problem there is that if the raids lead into the next big thing, and there’s more raids coming, then that means that the next big thing isn’t hitting anytime soon. The raids that lead up to it will need to come out first, and so far we’ve only got the first raid.

(I REALLY hope I’ve been misinformed on this, so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.)

Devs need time to enjoy the holiday season, too.

Not to be mean, but no. No, they don’t.

This isn’t some favor they’re doing for us in their personal time, it’s a god kittened job. And for most people, that means that between Christmas and New Years, you go right back to work.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.